Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,925 members, 7,817,711 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help (48451 Views)

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:43am On Nov 24, 2015
anathemiamia:
your dad is a really sad man. it's too bad this has to be your lot in life but you need to build a happy place in your head. God loves you, God will forgive you. you are special. the shortcomings of the flesh does not make u a bad soul. You already know who you don't want to be and it's time to find out the man you want to grow up into.

if you read nothing else read this; chances are that you're going to one day realize you're an adult and you'll find yourself treating your child the way you were treated. don't be that person. you can have the life you only dream of. Joy comes from the heart. love yourself. Love yourself. Let the abuse end with you. it may be hard but don't let it pass on. this cross is heavier than u think it is. You will overcome
thank you very much
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by macaranta(m): 7:43am On Nov 24, 2015
Sorry bro,we don't get to chose our parents.However never allow another man destroy you or your dreams,develop a thicker skin,go after your goals,if you fail you fail.
As for the physical abuse,be wise and avoid confrontations,i guess you have studied his patterns(how he starts quarrels,etc) so try to avoid such confrontational scenarios(cus seriously you cannot change anyone).I am assuming you are still young(made to kneel down etc),obey him but do it with a motive,which is to leave the house at the best time possible(as you need shelter/food/accomodation).

For the dad,incase you reading just know that you can still feel great about yourself without making others around you feel down.Only an inferior person behaves this way.If you hold any grudge against your son,open up to him and be a man about it instead of bitching about and making him suicidal,you will get old someday and you never can tell which of your kids will be your strength then.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ModiKen(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2015
evegran:

it's my ghost.

If your ghost looks this good, I wonder what the real you would look like... tongue cheesy
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Makapounse(m): 7:44am On Nov 24, 2015
Atmmachine:
Let me tell you something.
You're still a kid, you live with your parents, they feed you.
African parents derive joy in beating their children.

One day you will get rich and he will want you to buy mansions for him and give him money, It will be up to you to choose how to repay him.

Let me use Emmanuel Adebayor as an example, His family got what they deserve because they treated him like a slave.

If you want your dad to stop beating you. #Fight him, i repeat, #Fight him.
He will never touch you again.
very bad advice, do you read the story between the lines? If you do, the fault is from the writter, he said truly he behave different in the family, so fighting his dad wil worse the situation...
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by umulobi: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2015
End time parents
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by JustCurious: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2015
Am I the only one seeing the "I am demonic..." part of the story? Bros, that is where the problem lies. You need to go for some deliverance first, and every other things shall be made plain... Your story reminds me of the hell one of my close persons went through in his dads hand. A very similar scenario- except that he wasnt born in the village.

Solution to your challenges lies beyond physical reprimanding. The truth is that your dad is doing more harm than good by beating, scolding you etc. Both of you need to get down to the root and pray!! The problem is beyond you, as you can't even explain why you do some of what you do! Your dad needs to tell you why you were born in the village?! What were the situations surrounding your birth as the first male child. Are there some things he would like to let you know? Are there some spiritual covenants made at your birth. Perhaps, you have been 'sacrificed' to some 'gods' unknowingly during/after birth?! Hence the unexplainable behavior? Seek spiritual help. Don't go too hard on yourself. Ask questions. Seek deliverance. May God help you.

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by subzidi: 7:45am On Nov 24, 2015
justmenoni:
Op it's either u're faking this up or ur dad is actually right, I mean what sort of child(even the so called western kid's that we are trying to replicate) uses such pics on their profile when they know that their FATHER is actually going to see it...what sort of child are u portraying to be?

Perhaps u have been doing such mistakes in the past which you actually don't see as a big deal but in actual sense it's a big deal to your dad
The young man has been severely abused hence this could be a deviant behaviour as in “i don't care what people say about me attitude” or he has a weird sense of humor! More of the later for me though being the moralist I think I am...
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
housing is not my issue but my remaining year in school, I haven't enough for tuition even that's all he pays, I mostly finance the rest

Wow...so dude are you saying you are 1 year from completing medical school? You must be quite bright to go that far in a field you are not passionate about and only into to make your abusive and sadistic lucifer father happy! In which case, i would suggest you sweat it out, complete your medical degree and then move out of your parent's house. If you have come this far, keep your eye on the goal and turn this temporary negative experience into something that would mold your character in a positive limelight and a source of your motivation. Most Sons always want to do their Father proud so i can understand why you are walking in your Father's shadow....I became and loved a profession my Dad wanted for me right from my childhood, only because i owned it myself!!!!! The only part i cannot fathom is the abusive side of your dad!!!!! He is just a sad, old agbaya!!!!
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by mikesammy(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2015
U are a man and i will advice you to act like one. Look for an opportunity when he is in good mood and cease that opportunity to talk about you problems, your feelings, let him known you feel rejected and depressed. A gentle tongue brings healing. Start by praising him and apologizing for the past. Take all the blames if neccessary, then you hit the nail. I beleave there is a trace of goodness in every heart, he will listen to you. But incase this process proves void and null, i will advice you to peacefull look for an apartment if you can afford one but if you think this is not an option,, then try endurance

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Jollymich(m): 7:47am On Nov 24, 2015
You can only realize that firing is dangerous when you are a victim, but God Almighty Jah, will protect you.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by aksule(m): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2015
Going thru some comments its easy to understand the modern day children. The beauty of it all is that you're going to have your children and possibly face the same treatment either as a father or the child or children. How you handle the situation then will determine whether your father was a sinner or not.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by YTderin(f): 7:48am On Nov 24, 2015
Oh well, i guess we are all fighting our individual evils. Op, i feel your pain.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by GreatManBee: 7:48am On Nov 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
Hmm. This is deep.

Lemme share a true life story.

I was in church one day, and the pastor admonishing us is actually the state youth coordinator. Also for SW zone.
He's influential and also an erudite.
But the problem that he has to him is that his son doesn't listen to him.

He tried every thing he could, Prayers, Scolding and the likes. It even got to a point he said he had to burn all his clothes that he doesn't like and other stuff like that.
But this didn't change the guy.

And then he tried something he hasn't done. He decided to leave him alone and simply show him more love. And continually pray for him.

Today, the guy doesn't oppose him, he isn't strong headed. And he even goes to church willingly as opposed to previous time.

The essence of this is that parents shouldn't fight fire to fire when they feel their children aren't doing their will.
Let him/her see things in your way in a loving manner.
There are different ways to kill a rat.

Fighting it fire for fire will only spur the fire and make it bigger.
Why don't you try fighting the fire with water and things will work well.

TheRock555, just take it easy. And don't go Psycho please.

Try and see if you too can make compromise for him.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by benELOHIM7(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2015
You are not alone youngman. Just focus on what makes u happy and try as much as u can to become a man as fast as u can. By becoming a man I mean, finding a job and leaving home if possible. Donot stay in that house if u want to retain ur self esteem. Dont try to impress ur dad because u r already a good for nothing to him, just do whats right, what developes u. Finaly donot hate him. We shall overcome.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ModiKen(m): 7:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
trust me when I say not even depression can make me commit suicide, I love my life but I'm just scared I don't do something we all may regret someday cus I'm almost at my breaking point

Good to know you are not suicidal.

However, so u don't get to your breaking point and do something you would regret, move out of your dad's house.

Sometimes parents could be a real pain in the a$$. I have had relative peace since I left my dad's house. All the complaints and constant sermons were really cranking me up.

Op, I believe you would be happier once you stop being under the same roof with that man.

If you can't leave immediately, all your efforts shld be at making plans towards that.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by HizMissy(f): 7:53am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:

I have doubted my parentage lots of times because I was the only child among my siblings given birth to in the village, maybe I was exchange by some faggort nurses because I don't behave one bit like any body else in the house

I was really feeling empathy for u before I read this post.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ihustler(m): 7:54am On Nov 24, 2015
My friend sorry for your pain.

It is just a part of the process of adulthood.

For some families, this is true, for some, they dont believe in child abuse.

My candid take is for you to leave your parents' home and start something on your own to prove a point to them.

The decision might not go down well at first but later, you will thank God you made that decision.

Leave them before they make you emotionally scarred forever and disrupt your psychological growth process for life.

But when you plan on doing that, make sure you have something up your sleeves; like the movie script you gave away freely, the blog sponsorship, etc.

You need this to be able to channel your energy into so that you dont go depressed after some time.

I pray God gives you strength and wisdom to make the right decisions.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 24, 2015
ModiKen:

If your ghost looks this good, I wonder what the real you would look like... tongue cheesy

lol. merci smiley
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 24, 2015
Rocky i really feel what u are saying.
Something like this happened between me and my elder brother.
Things got so bleeped up that one midnight we heard a very big problem,he beat the senses out of me and all i could do then was to use my hand and smash his car glasses and leave his house that midnight cos i couldnt fight him back, because he was my elder brother and i couldnt stand myself laying a hand on him,yes i have that respect for him.
Rocky just leave that house,even if it means u sleeping under the bridge,just get out of that house.so far u are focused towards ur dreams,rocky i swear u will make it big oneday.
If u dont leave that house oneday u will kill ur dad and then the whole world will blame u.
I live in the eastern incase u find urself here oneday just try and get in touch with me.
I pray God will make u bold enough to run this race and win. Amen.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ModiKen(m): 7:55am On Nov 24, 2015
serah109:

9ce one dude. But remember fathers are never wrong b4 ther children. Leave d house and visit once a while

But we know that is a mistake most parents make just like this dude's dad and most don't even know they are hurting their child or ruining his future.

Yes, visiting once in a while is a good idea cos there is more respect and value in scarcity.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by juwoonn(m): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2015
ferhyntorlah:

Juwon, you too! You have joined the End Time cliques. Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
grin grin grin
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by jeff1607(m): 7:59am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
trust me when I say not even depression can make me commit suicide, I love my life but I'm just scared I don't do something we all may regret someday cus I'm almost at my breaking point

Op,what u went through is just a tip of the iceberg,compared to mine, go get something that would take your mind off everything from your home.

You are even lucky that you have siblings and even a place to rest your head,stay in school and hustle.During your service year you can save money and start something.#nuffsaid

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by HizMissy(f): 8:01am On Nov 24, 2015
@op, I think it's wise for you to play the fool, just act like a sheep (good boy) until you can be on your own.

Instead of letting your father's hate depress you, why not let it drive you? To disprove him, to be the best you can be, so that he'll see what a rare gem he lost.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Makapounse(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Since you've admitted, "truly you behave differently in the family" , "you are the black sheep of the family", the fault is from you , because no one wil tolerate disobedient especially from child to parent, Even Almighty God will punish anyone who disobey His Order,

Solution : call on mum's attention and explain to her that , you too don't understand why all this bad attitude, both of them should go on extra miles on you for the solution to this, beating and punishing you made you more harder, even if it's to consult Oracle or Alfas for the last solution, i think this wil help..

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by carbon1224(m): 8:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Sincerely I really understand you Cos I have been in the same shoe as you but It only make you more stronger.

Firstly you need to ask your mum if he his your real father and if trully it's confirmed to be your real father then you have nothing to worry about cos there are things which you don't understand that your dad understands.

You might see this as punishment or hatred but at the end you will understands what he his trying to do.

Trust me on this cos I have gone through those process before.
There might be somethings he might not tell you mum about you. He doesn't hate you.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 8:07am On Nov 24, 2015
justmenoni:
Op it's either u're faking this up or ur dad is actually right, I mean what sort of child(even the so called western kid's that we are trying to replicate) uses such pics on their profile when they know that their FATHER is actually going to see it...what sort of child are u portraying to be?

Perhaps u have been doing such mistakes in the past which you actually don't see as a big deal but in actual sense it's a big deal to your dad
he is not a registered member just a guest, and please tell me you haven't used a meme before

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by romzyxy(m): 8:08am On Nov 24, 2015
chocolateme:
Hmm!! Most times, the blessing and curses of our parents affects our lives positively or negatively and yours is constantly and won't stop till you become broken.
This can lead to child rebellion against his parents, an over clouded judgement which it's result can be disastrous.
I suggest that you leave that house now while your sanity is still intact to avoid landing in prisons soon due to lose of control and the devil took over. You must have relations or friends in case your dad asks your relations to throw u out. Find a way yo stay away from him and pursue your career and get your life together even if you have to suffer through physical hardship but I bet it's better than staying at home and been bounded by curses and bad luck. Remember you are a man, if you continue absorbing this, you may end up like him to your children tomorrow and eventually they will never be a blessing to u.
So fight hard and trust God, with all pure heart, you will be a blessing to your family if not now, then later. Sorry for what you are passing through.

Very reasonable write up! Makes me want to meet you. *smiles*
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by fm7070: 8:09am On Nov 24, 2015
I went through your story with sympathy.
You are a victim of bad parenting. Nothing is wrong with you as a person. Just that you are stubborn and you are rugged.
You parent made matters worse by throwing negative weight at punishing you instead of training you.
My candid advice for you is that you should go for what you want and avoid any kind of bad acts that will give your parent reasons to say there is nothing good in you.
If you succeed in good things, your father will one day be proud of you.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 8:10am On Nov 24, 2015
EggovinMma:
@op How old are you?
I'm 21

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.