Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help (48447 Views)

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2015
juwoonn:
End time father
Juwon, you too! You have joined the End Time cliques. Phahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:15am On Nov 24, 2015
porrigeyam:
Gather money... rent one room apartment far from ur home..and start living alone... simple.
housing is not my issue but my remaining year in school, I haven't enough for tuition even that's all he pays, I mostly finance the rest

3 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by HrmOlolade(m): 7:18am On Nov 24, 2015
Kill the bastard
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by odinese(m): 7:20am On Nov 24, 2015
HrmOlolade:
Kill the bastard
Dafuq is wrong with you bruv

You just an animal... The op won't like what you just wrote now.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by delishpot: 7:22am On Nov 24, 2015
Leave that house if you cannot then endure and finish your education then leave.
Re wire your brain. Forget his wickedways and focus on being a success story. If not your past will continously bring you down.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Xmen149(m): 7:23am On Nov 24, 2015
Trying to stay insane is like a full time hobby--'the weekend') ..bro,get a distraction outside,geta a hobby and stay sane..try soccer,library etc ,then when ever home play mumu,making sure u go out evryday..evry opportunity at legit money outside tk it.....this situation ir a motivation to ur hurzle dnt waste it...hw old are u?
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 24, 2015
jaymejate:
Haa, this is heavy.

You really need to ask your mom some serious questions. Cos there are things that can make a man behave like that to a child. Please Question your mom.
1... How he met your dad
2... Were you given birth to out of wedlock
3... Sorry for this buh ask ask all the same. Is that man really your dad?
4... Think on more question to ask her. Her replies will give you a bit hint to get a solution.

Pls ask Wisely.

And also please pray very well. You can even get to consult any counselor for counsel or a PASTOR.

I hope ur dad will read this...
Dad, beating and hatred can't change a Child. If he/she becomes great later, you might not be recognized and you don lose be dat. Why don't you treat with Love and care. And pray also for your children.

God bless you!
grin U ARE WICKED U WANT TO KILL HIM
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 24, 2015
Estharfabian:
cryCan't You like poison him or something??undecided
I'm sure even God would Understand...undecided

42Lashes for what abeg angry
lol.....u are funny

Poisoning him is nt the solution,It might look like the solution bt its nt, he will jez feel guilty for the rest of his life..... The best thing for this op to stand up to dah man,treat is f*vk up and prove to him dah yu arent a retard....don't do wat he want.......do wat yu want!!! Pple will call yu disobedient,bt don't care because they would do worse if in ur shoes.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by TrollTrap: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2015
I can't say I know how you feel but I've experienced something like that as well. My dads behaviour towards me and my sis wasn't the best, especially my sis. It got to a point when I go out Oman errand I'd wish I got kidnapped or something so I don't get to go home to him.
But I wasn't bad to him, I tried being the best son but that wasn't good enough for him. What kept me going was holding on to what makes me happy.
If you've got a girlfriend or something you love doing that calms you I suggest you do that more often till you are done with uni or you are able to leave the house.

Forget about your dads image coz, once you get enough money to be on your own I suggest you leave ASAP before the maltreatment gets to you and scar you for life.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ashatoda: 7:25am On Nov 24, 2015
Man, i find it hard to bliv what ur old man is doing to you. I would not want to be in ur shoes but you are dere already and cant do anytin abt d person who happens to be ur father. I will advise dat u try all possible means not to be depressed engage in tins dat wil bring u joy. Even if he does not approve it, u wil be hapi cos u are doing sumtin dat gladdens ur heart. In essence chase ur dreams. His attitude wont change instantly, but wen u start achieving success, he wil be forced to consider. About him, i will advise dat u be patient and prayerful dnt leave home now until when u av been able to raise a biz to sponsor urself, den no one would be able to deny dat u are fit to leave. Meanwyl, open ur brain to learn how to relate with ur own children. Dis tins tend to repeat itself except we learn from the past
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Airhix(m): 7:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Dear friend ! Pls try and read my advice or u can talk 2 me on my number 07067417516 . Most africa parents are terrible. Now u didn't tell me how old you are . Pls for any guy seeing this , if you are 23yrs & still within your fathers house , knowing the harsh realities of life , then you are the problem of yourself. I don't think your dad hates you, just dat he talk b4 he thinks, cuz if ur mum doesn't rebuke him or give u courage & comfort wen dad isn't there, den ask ur mum questions , if the two of them are truly ur parent. Take things easy, if they are , most dad feel their 1st son must be drilled & beaten ahead even wen little or nothing is done, dat it guarantees them a safe future of a disciplined life-style . Do let me kn how old you are. The lord is Your strength, I pray over you , that which makes you relegated be destroyed now , in the name of Jesus . Amen . You are FREE.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by fromnigeria(m): 7:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
Try hard, do your best to be atleast a nearly good child, take every sh*t, till the D-day you'll leave that house. I have and am free now, thats the ultimate solution, thats what i can offer. Meanwhile learn from these experience, i strongly believe they are making you stronger, only if you are NOT BAD as they think and say.

#EndureTillTheEnd
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by HrmOlolade(m): 7:27am On Nov 24, 2015
odinese:

Dafuq is wrong with you bruv

You just an animal... The op won't like what you just wrote now.
Bleep off snitch, I guess you don't know what he's passing thru. I can feel his pain hate people being tormented emotional or psychological. The beast is better dead than alive
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by skedy1(m): 7:27am On Nov 24, 2015
Bro, your dad will receive sense soon!!

I had similar encounter growing up, though mine was with a step-mother. My dad and I were cats and dogs in that house, all because of his wife. I was completely different from my siblings; I don't seat in the parlour with them to watch TV, I don't gist with anyone at home, etc. That was because the anger in me could crack Aso-Rock, lol.
He stopped me from going to even a drama practice going on in our church, but allows my brother.

But each time he beats or quarrel me, I kept telling him one statement...'Don't worry, one day you'll see everything clearly like you're watching a TV'.

And that one day came, he received sense!! I just summoned courage one day to ask him allow me go to that drama practice, because every one was calling for me. I played a major role in it.

Guess what, the man asked that he should drop me. I was like wow, are you for real?

That was it...when I finally left that house for school, this man fit miss me die!!

So bro,device a means, don't just give up, he'll receive sense soon, trust me!!!
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
I love my siblings too much to deny them of a father at their ages, maybe when we all move out I might use your decision
Was just being sarcastic tho...But thinking deeply bout it...doesn't seem that bad of an idea..cry

No offense, Your dad is one hell of A Wicked Lunatic..
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:27am On Nov 24, 2015
DerKaiser:
Where is your mom in all these for God's sake?

Even if the tyrant is determined to ruin your life and make you miserable, where is the motherly love that conquers all?

If your mother too is not ready to fight for you, being quite sure that she sees and observes his incessant abuses on you, my brother I am sorry to tell you, your family is non-existent anymore.

Better find a way to leave that house before your psyche and self worth get completely destroyed.

You have a hard task ahead of you as a person who has been trampled upon immensely and the earlier you begin rebuilding yourself, the better for you.

You can only achieve that by leaving that house. Unfortunately I do not know how old you are and how dependent you are on them but at least try.

I could feel your cry, pain and helplessness with every line I read.

In the end know this, no man born of a woman holds the key to your destiny. That right is reserved for the Most High and always go up to him in prayers for guidance.

My dad was just the same way though more the verbal abuses kind and not physical because with my temper and size at that age, I would have broken every bone in his body so he never touched me.

I looked him dead in the face at a young teenage age and told him he can never influence my life with his rubbish curses. I am glad he was alive to see who I turned into.

Not saying you should confront your dad at all. Just find a way to leave that house for him. He will regret all these in the future.

Seriously I am fuming here. How could parents treat their flesh and bone this way? Even while you were a toddler? Some people are pathetic honestly.

My mum is actually the reason why I must have not laid my hands on him yet, I go physically beat him to a pulp but she always comes to beg him when he starts pummeling, like last night all I did was to tried to hold his hands and stop the reckless Blows and tried to push him away but when my mum came to hold him, he claimed I wanted to fight him. He even said he wished he locked her when she went to sleep before the beating started.

If that woman was not alive, I'm sure he would have been chilling in wherever he would die and go to now

I was 21 in sept
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Ndeewonu: 7:29am On Nov 24, 2015
You failed to mention a few salient issues to help advice you appropriately:

1. What is your age? Are you an adolescent? That is a phase.

2. What are you doing now (a student, which level…etc.)?

3. Is your family is monogamous or polygamous (I doubt it’s polygamous)?

4. How many siblings do you have, and what is your position (first, middle)? I read where you made mention of younger ones! So, are you the first child?

5. Similar to (2) above, which school are you in now (secondary, university or none)? Did you graduate or drop out? Ok. From what I read later, I guess you are in the university, or have graduated.

6. What is your ambition in life?

7. What is your parent’s educational/academic qualification? (my parents were both very educated, and the more educated, the tougher it is to cope with their criticisms). I understand you.

I am not a counsellor or a pastor, but I know all the above would help understand what the problem is.

NOW... my advice:

1. I can feel the sincerity of your heart in writing this, and wish I can talk to you.

2. Rest assured that most advice you would get here may not be suitable. Some may even ask you to run away from the house, or disown your parents.

3. You need to calm down and listen to your parents; no (sane) father will give his children stone as bread, or snake as fish (The Bible). There must be some things you are not doing right that is making your parents uncomfortable!

4. HOW OLD ARE YOU? I feel you are still below 18 or below 20! I started fending for myself at the age of 15, when our family suddenly turned polygamous which brought with it so much drama and hate.

5. You have to grow up a responsible man and win the confidence of your parents. This is one thing that is lacking.

6. Finally, I recommend one book, LIFT LIFTERS by ZIG ZIGLAR. This book is a must read for both you and your parents. About five years ago, I bought it for less than N400; it won't be more than N600 today (pretty affordable). Thereafter, you need to read THE WINNING ATTITUDE by JOHN MAXWELL. There is an attitude issue. I am happy you can read and write fairly well.

7. Please, endeavor to do what I said in (7) above, and you would come back thanking. Send me your phone number to ndeewonu@yahoo.com. You are a great guy. Please, do.

8. Nobody else but you is to blame for your wrongdoings; you cannot pass the responsibility to anyone else.

9. I wrote in a haste, and there may be some misrepresentations. Please, talk to me.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 24, 2015
Harbosede02:
lol.....u are funny

Poisoning him is nt the solution,It might look like the solution bt its nt, he will jez feel guilty for the rest of his life..... The best thing for this op to stand up to dah man,treat is f*vk up and prove to him dah yu arent a retard....don't do wat he want.......do wat yu want!!! Pple will call yu disobedient,bt don't care because they would do worse if in ur shoes.
LoLgringrin
I really dunno why he wants him Or needs him.....undecided

I'd probably cut all contacts with the man years ago..I don't care if he's my father or Not!
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by innuit: 7:31am On Nov 24, 2015
If moving out is not an option, then you got to dig in and fight for your place in your family. I know what its like to feel used and abused by ones own family. Don't allow bitterness into your life, it will only destroy you. The Bible says honour your father and mother so that your days will be long on earth. Therefore no matter what you go through, you must honour them, otherwise all your trouble will be for nothing.
Do all you can to take care of your parents and honour them but you do not compromise your stance. I deduce that you are in the movie industry. Most of our parents do not encourage us when we make "unconventional" career choices. Do not be discouraged. If you are diligent and work hard God will bless you and lift you up. I'm sure you've heard stories of many successful comedians and actors whose parents did not support them in the beginning. So don't be discouraged.
As for the misunderstanding with your father, please know that you are not alone. So many of us have fathers and even mothers who are the same way. They are of a different generation and do not understand that it is their responsibility to make children feel emotionally safe. Don't allow your fathers attitude towards you turn you into an angry person because he would have won and be proven right that you are no good. Instead handle every situation with love.
Being the black sheep of the family is not a bad thing. You are independent minded. You are obviously an intelligent and brave person. These are fantastic qualities. The great men and women we read about are exactly like you. The "black sheep" in my family is the rock in my family now. So embrace this gift that God has given you and use it for good. One day your family will recognise that your "stubbornness" is a blessing.
Please don't despair. You are not alone.
Take care
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by kulekaa(m): 7:32am On Nov 24, 2015
Where r d" end time crew" wen u nid dem most
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Adiwana: 7:32am On Nov 24, 2015
Kalvan:

Your taste in music is disgusting;trashy, disgusting rap. You're also a simpleton. When did abuse become "drilling"? Black man with a blank mind.

so that i listen to drake its disgusting.thats my choice bro.i dont listen to anything other than hip hop and i hope you dont have any problem with that

"Black man with a black mind",huh? so you expect when you are jobless at probably age 25 or so,your parents should clap for you?He is only crying over nothing.Get a job,be a man and stop receiving the insults,simple.Thats life for you.Some learn the easy way,some dont.This is going to shape him for the good the moment he starts seeing good in what he perceives as Maltreatment..
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 24, 2015
Estharfabian:
LoLgringrin
I really dunno why he wants him Or needs him.....undecided

I'd probably cut all contacts with the man years ago..I don't care if he's my father or Not!
same here,the funniest aspect is dah his mother isn't doing anything abt it....its so bad angry
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:36am On Nov 24, 2015
Neverquit:
@Therock5555

You need to do things on a coded level.

Go for any and all events. Open an account and save every penny, because you will need to move out. When he begins the negative ish, focus on the light at the end the tunnel.

If you stay in that house, it can lead to you committing suicide, having low self esteem, or turning into him.

Talking to him might not help, so just try to save as much as you can. Get paying gigs (on coded level) and save, save, save.

Moving out is the only option for your sanity.

I'm willing to commit financially to help you move out.

Parents like this pisses me off angry
thank you so much, I'm trying to save but it's not easy, any coded packages I try to run get stalled by him because it involves phones, I'm a techy person and I do 75% of my deals online but he keeps seizing my phone even though he last bought me a phone in Ss 1 about 8 years ago

I once had a good customer clientage on phone and browsing deals which fetched me lots of cash but because they usually came in the night due to my unavailability in the day time but I was termed a cultist and they my members so I had to let it go
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Walexz02(m): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2015
Hey bro as you said earlier that you always oppose your dad when ever he lies... I bet it you two can ever be friends.
Solution, even if you want to correct him whenever hi lie it shouldn't be immediately or right their in the public where he is speaking.. As someone said earlier move closer to him, try correct him in private and also make positive adjustment in your ways of dealing with your family issue.. Man up bro you own the house now or later and there is nothing your old man can do about, yeah!
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by litetias(m): 7:37am On Nov 24, 2015
Most African parents lack the werewithal to raise children.
They treat you like a slave, like a possession that they can do anything with.
The truth is that your child is not your own, he's just another human being like you that God has given to you to raise.
The moment we realise that in this part of the world then we will start treating our children with respect and love just like the westerners
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Trapnews: 7:38am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
I go to school from home because he wants to keep monitoring my every move and dictating my sordid life, the school of my choice was never allowed to see daylight, twas either his choice or I die at home

Irresponsible profile pic, idleness and checking underneath the skirt shows you are addicted. Your dad seem to have good reputation as a pastor/preacher and he wouldn't want that ruined by you. The man wants you to become a doctor which is a good thing and I suggest you reciprocate by appreciating it by either following or turning down the offer politely with enough convincing reasons. I suggest you become responsible and stop acting as if he has no love for you. He is only offering you a future that a lot of us would have labored hard to secure. Become responsible and watch things fall in place undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by baloney: 7:38am On Nov 24, 2015
I hope he his not trying to use u for money ritual or some other ritual
which failed, & since then of what use can u be his is thought.

most of the things u hear might not be true, looking
under whatever it all craps.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by yyeanqah(m): 7:38am On Nov 24, 2015
End time
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:40am On Nov 24, 2015
Totfulguy:

Oh I just looked at your profile picture...Now I think your Dad has his reasons!
very funny, only that I can't seem to laugh any more

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Genea(f): 7:41am On Nov 24, 2015
jaymejate:

Okay, but seriously you can overcome him.
Why don't you try to move even more closer to him. Behave good.
I remember when i was growing up. My dad beat he out of me but as i begin de grow... I started behaving like a man as in i moved close to him. Anything he wants to do i help him to do it immediately. Im in skul now, and he is missing, same thing with my brothers.

You just have to know that even if he carry Fire for head, you can quench it. Be a man bro and don't think that NURSE miscarry u o.
bae i just read dis and smiled cos u really dnt know how it feels,it has also happened to me and sometimes it just feels like u r suffocating in ur own breath,if not because i look at every action i take now as affecting my future by now i wud have gone haywire....i remember wen my mum wud compare me to girls in my area that they were good mannered dan me and dey dnt misbehave,its nt like am mocking dem but i myself knew who dey really,tnk God she is seeing 4 herself 2 are nw single mothers and some have aborted more dan once and dier story is now in the open, another scenario was wen she wud say i was never good at anything,well as God would have it i graduated best student in my sec sch and by his grace i pray 2 graduate with a first class....its not easy wen sum1 lives among negativity,she complains at the slightest mistake i make bt wen my elder or younger bro does d same tin,she just ignores it,seriously my plan now is to graduate with good grades,get a good job and live in a place far frm dem,i smile alot and cry alot as well cos sometimes i just can fanthom whether i was meant to b here or somewhere beta,cos i still remember wen i took bleach to end my life,its really nt easy esp wen u av no place 2 go or something that earns u money to tk care of ursef
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by MrOreo(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2015
Sorry bro buh..... your dad's left ball
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:42am On Nov 24, 2015
repogirl:
When you make something of yourself, their mouth will change and they will forget they almost frustrated you to committing suicide.

Many horrible father's out there.

My advice to you, strengthen your mind and be determined to succeed. Don't let his negative words get to you, keep doing what you do best and no how, success will be yours.

Also pray because some times some kind bad spirits can make people never see the good in you. If you don't believe in the power of prayer, too bad.
thank you ma'am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.