Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help (48445 Views)

Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by chukwurah12345(m): 6:52am On Nov 24, 2015
Hahaha......you'll not die like Kogi governor IJN,is funny but in all i'll say never allow this to break you rada find a way 2 show more luv,let love b ur strong hold,as 4 ur parents I believe der's a happy moment in der lives......wait 4 it,all it takes is courage explain 2 dem jus the way u did it here......and above all pray to Go
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by juddybrown(m): 6:54am On Nov 24, 2015
There must be something they are not telling u, but I'll advice u to go talk to any of ur uncle or aunt who ur parents can listen to,they are in better position to let u know stuffs u have no idea of
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 6:54am On Nov 24, 2015
ModiKen:

So u quote the whole post to write dis small tin....?

Receive sense!

The poster above me also need to "Receive sense"! angry

@OP....move out of that house, no matter what it takes cos if you don't, due to your depressed state you may even begin to consider taking you life.

No excuses, move out of that house and stay as far as you can from your dad or you would lose you sanity or even worse, commit suicide.
trust me when I say not even depression can make me commit suicide, I love my life but I'm just scared I don't do something we all may regret someday cus I'm almost at my breaking point
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Bamz(m): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555,

Op you've received many pieces of advice. Mine would definitely be among the ones already mentioned.

There are many variables, some of which are within your control so deal with those ones.
One thing of note is that your predicament is not permanent, so be more tolerant, more forgiving and less judgmental.

We only heard your side of the story not your father's side so I won't be quick to judge him.

By the way, about the suicide tendencies, try to have a means of recovery to get away from it all, go Jogging or something.

Look life is too short to live each day with unhappiness and grudge. Strong women have endured terrible marriages and things have turned for better not because they did the same things expecting the same results but because they chose to be peace makers.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Rolings: 6:57am On Nov 24, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
Hmm. This is deep.

Lemme share a true life story.

I was in church one day, and the pastor admonishing us is actually the state youth coordinator. Also for SW zone.
He's influential and also an erudite.
But the problem that he has to him is that his son doesn't listen to him.

He tried every thing he could, Prayers, Scolding and the likes. It even got to a point he said he had to burn all his clothes that he doesn't like and other stuff like that.
But this didn't change the guy.

And then he tried something he hasn't done. He decided to leave him alone and simply show him more love. And continually pray for him.

Today, the guy doesn't oppose him, he isn't strong headed. And he even goes to church willingly as opposed to previous time.

The essence of this is that parents shouldn't fight fire to fire when they feel their children aren't doing their will.
Let him/her see things in your way in a loving manner.
There are different ways to kill a rat.

Fighting it fire for fire will only spur the fire and make it bigger.
Why don't you try fighting the fire with water and things will work well.

TheRock555, just take it easy. And don't go Psycho please.

Try and see if you too can make compromise for him.

This is the best reply for the Op. From your write up it seems you are a teenager, this is the age of rebellion like when young people crave for freedom and see parents as enemy for trying to guide them to the right path. Some parents may be very harsh in doing this especially to a stubborn child but dont blame the parents because They know better and no parent want anything bad for their children. OP Please try this suggestions, obey all he say, don't argue with him, do all that is expected of you, drop your rebellious ways and you will see that you will have peace of mind. Do things that makes you happy, your father does not hate you he only wants your obedience and have your best interest at heart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 6:57am On Nov 24, 2015
SlimBrawnie:
Its not easy been a preachers child because they want you to be a PERFECT example to others out there. I can relate to this but your own strong sha... just put him in prayers. Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.

Develop yourself positively, and when you finally leave home for school, try to make them proud. All these will pass, that is one thing I'm sure of.
I go to school from home because he wants to keep monitoring my every move and dictating my sordid life, the school of my choice was never allowed to see daylight, twas either his choice or I die at home
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 6:58am On Nov 24, 2015
Although it maybe be tough,like you said,but the best option remains moving out
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ojinuocheibi(m): 6:58am On Nov 24, 2015
My brother leave that house.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by tunwumi: 6:59am On Nov 24, 2015
So guy. I will advise u that u do a reverse psychology on ur dad. Step one is to do all he likes even when you don't like it. Treat him like your pet. If u understand
Step two is to never argue with him on anything make him feel he's always right.
Step three never let him suspect u are acting. And always support his idea even against your own wish. From this u will start earning his trust. To be sincere u are the one he love most. So start seeing things from his eyes. U can send private msg if u want more discussion

Therock5555:

My parents married legally in church and I'm the second child and first male

I have doubted my parentage lots of times because I was the only child among my siblings given birth to in the village, maybe I was exchange by some faggort nurses because I don't behave one bit like any body else in the house

The cower in fear while he speaks, I oppose him when he speaks uncorted lies.

BTW he's a preacher so nothing seems wrong to him. If I begin to spill everything, I might run out of pages
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ussy09(m): 6:59am On Nov 24, 2015
Atmmachine:
Let me tell you something.
You're still a kid, you live with your parents, they feed you.
African parents derive joy in beating their children.

One day you will get rich and he will want you to buy mansions for him and give him money, It will be up to you to choose how to repay him.

Let me use Emmanuel Adebayor as an example, His family got what they deserve because they treated him like a slave.

If you want your dad to stop beating you. #Fight him, i repeat, #Fight him.
He will never touch you again.
End time comment

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:00am On Nov 24, 2015
Estharfabian:
cryCan't You like poison him or something??undecided
I'm sure even God would Understand...undecided

42Lashes for what abeg angry
I love my siblings too much to deny them of a father at their ages, maybe when we all move out I might use your decision
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by cnsprince76: 7:01am On Nov 24, 2015
Leave the house now before they move your carcass to the grave.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:01am On Nov 24, 2015
bellong:

I guess the bold is the root of the issues. You must have been too curious and challenging since a toddler. He probably see it as a deviant behavior and in a bid to straighten you, he adopted the"negative " approach which many parents do adopt.

Get to the library, buy him a book on child developmental psychology. He needs to learn some stuff.

Meanwhile, you need to learn how to pass across your opinion without him seeing you as rude and disobedient.
how do I start with him raising hell
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by franklingud(m): 7:02am On Nov 24, 2015
TheRock5555
Atmmachine said something reasonable, if i were you, i'd move out of dat house and do something with ma life. He has forgotten dat he might get old and he isn't sure of who will take care of him, probably you.
Imagine what you will do to him.
Rocky 1st of all move out of dat house.
End time dad, that's what he is.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by iPopAlomo(m): 7:02am On Nov 24, 2015
Mikkyboy008:
Oya open your own thread na.You no go like Front page?

No...
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:03am On Nov 24, 2015
Eleniyan15:

TAKE KNIFE GO AND MEET MUM IN HER ROOM THREATEN HER that you will kill your Self
LET HER TELL YOU WHO YOUR REAL FATHER HIS,MAKE SURE YOU DOING ALL THIS WITH PASSION

End time advice.

If he does this, they will encourage him to kill himself quickly. Person wey him papa dey wish death upon.

Dear Therock5555,
For me, your matter is SPIRITUAL! You said you were the only one birthed in the village. There lies your foundational problem - something happened before or after you were born, which is causing you to behave like this.

I know people will say I have come with spiritually but we can't ignore the effect of the spiritual on the physical.

Pray for GOD to show you what happened during the time of your birth, right down to your naming.

It's so unfortunate that none of your parents are looking at the behaviour from the spiritual angle. Isn't your father (I'm sorry I can't called him daddy because from what you have written, he hadn't exhibited the traits of a DADDY) a preacher? Is the Holy Spirit living in him? A spirit filled man won't behave as he's doing to you because the Holy Spirit will caution him and guide him on ways to relate with you.

Tackle your issue spiritually and see your life change for the better.

REMEMBER THE SPIRITUAL CONTROLS THE PHYSICAL!
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Erukumakanaki: 7:05am On Nov 24, 2015
evegran:

lol.
And it's "receive" not "recieve".
oh! you're welcome smiley

undecided
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by franklingud(m): 7:05am On Nov 24, 2015
TheRock5555
Atmmachine said something reasonable, if i were you, i'd move out of dat house and do something with ma life. He has forgotten dat he might get old and he isn't sure of who will take care of him, probably you.
Imagine what you will do to him.
Rocky 1st of all move out of dat house.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:05am On Nov 24, 2015
TrollTrap:
"Made to kneel down"... Bruv, how old are you?

I would suggest you moving out of your parents house. That'll do you a lot more good
I'm 21

I once tried moving out even before I started schooling because I was working and earning well then but he blocked the move because that would have dimmed his public image.

I have since resigned and not so financially buoyant now it could be hard to move out atleast in a year time
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by busyfishing(m): 7:06am On Nov 24, 2015
you are grown enough to fend for yourself..leave the devil and start your life.He has lived his,don't allow him to ruin yours...That's if all your wrote here is true sha. Hope you didn't add salt,pepper and Maggie to spice up the story for our consumption.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by UnimkeAk(m): 7:07am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
Please this is a long write up so please pardon me

I choosed not to used an alternative moniker because I want my dad to see this, I introduced him to Nairaland and he's a frequent front page reader so I hope he sees this. I hope my fans in the literature section know why I get depressed always.

Sorry for the long epistle, I'm broken and seriously need advice, I hope he gets to see this and then kills me afterwards.

Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Sean RoyalRoy

How old are you?
Get a job and move outta of the house.
that's the best solution.
ya fada is actually lucky to have u as a son.
he would been a serious BP patient by nw or even dead sef;
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 24, 2015
The death-wish like that of Kogi State governor is just epic. grin

That said,
Most of the issues you mentioned here, In my own opinion, are way to personal to brought to fore like you have done. Don't you have an Uncle or aunty that you could confide in? There must be someone who can "actually" help you than internet peeps surfing from the comfort of their pillows - with little or no idea of what you have been through.

1 Like

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Darlduchi: 7:08am On Nov 24, 2015
The 2015 Global Terrorism Index found that Boko Haram overtakes ISIL to become the most deadly terrorist group in the world.

Deaths attributed to Boko Haram increased by 317 per cent in 2014 to 6,644. ISIL was responsible for 6,073 terrorist deaths in 2014.

Fifty-one per cent of terrorist deaths across the world that are attributed to a terrorist group were by Boko Haram and ISIL.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by mixoull(m): 7:08am On Nov 24, 2015
odi? You still dey live with your parent ??
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by deathmen12: 7:09am On Nov 24, 2015
Fighting him wil nt get tins ryt, d best tin is to man up nd leave dat house, wit time d dad wil realise what he has done...
Atmmachine:
Let me tell you something.
You're still a kid, you live with your parents, they feed you.
African parents derive joy in beating their children.

One day you will get rich and he will want you to buy mansions for him and give him money, It will be up to you to choose how to repay him.

Let me use Emmanuel Adebayor as an example, His family got what they deserve because they treated him like a slave.

If you want your dad to stop beating you. #Fight him, i repeat, #Fight him.
He will never touch you again.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by Therock5555(m): 7:09am On Nov 24, 2015
Eleniyan15:
lasisi69
end time

my Broda you are a man oooo, forget military man ooo e fit still rugged ooo Buh yu no go gree.
just keep on praying ooooo,cos your fada his gonna be a hard nut to crack.

whenever you have a seminar/event please Go ooooo, because you attend or not this man will still hunt you.. definitely you are the one loosing and you keep on be spank

if you also no any of your fada bestie in the military my Broda run too that man and explain things oo, trust me your fada would listen unto

don't ever dream of living the house oooo
#WHATDOESNOKILLYOUMAKEYOUSTRONGER
#BEMEEK
#PRAYER
#KEEPWORKING

OR

TAKE KNIFE GO AND MEET MUM IN HER ROOM THREATEN HER that you will kill your Self
LET HER TELL YOU WHO YOUR REAL FATHER HIS,MAKE SURE YOU DOING ALL THIS WITH PASSION
thanks for the advice sir
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by juwoonn(m): 7:10am On Nov 24, 2015
End time father
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by TheNextAce: 7:10am On Nov 24, 2015
You say he is a preacher, so I'm guessing he is the pastor of a branch church. I will advice you write to the council of elders of the church, if your church has one. Ask that you would like them to intervene in your matter. Your father seem like the type that is controlling but doesn't want anyone outside to see this. Once you can get a higher authority from the church to intervene, he would be mindful of his actions as he would not want to be disciplined by the church body. You would have temporal peace till you are able to get out of the apartment. Be wise in your dealings and pray to God for guidance. Wisdom is always profitable. I pray the peace of God finds expression between you and your family.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by idu1(m): 7:12am On Nov 24, 2015
porrigeyam:
Gather money... rent one room apartment far from ur home..and start living alone... simple.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock555,

In JESUS name, I decree and declare that every curse, negative pronunciations and utterances uttered against you from your father mother, siblings and anyone SHALL STAND, NEITHER SHALL IT COME TO PASS - Isaiah 7:7

That should be your prayer now. How will you prosper in life when you have CURSES UPON CURSES hovering over your head and destiny?

I cancel death from you because it is written YOU SHALL NOT DIE BUT LOVE TO DECLARE THE WORKS OF THE LORD IN THE LAND OF THE LIVING - Psalms 119:18.

Going forward, make it a habit to reject any negative word or curse directed at you (say it inwardly or openly when you are alone). Memorise the above scriptures and quote it when necessary.
Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by mek2002(m): 7:12am On Nov 24, 2015
Simply leave the house and start building your life as a man. Remaining in that house might render you useless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Dad Wishes Me Death, Please Help by rotwailler(m): 7:14am On Nov 24, 2015
Therock5555:
Please this is a long write up so please pardon me

I choosed not to used an alternative moniker because I want my dad to see this, I introduced him to Nairaland and he's a frequent front page reader so I hope he sees this. I hope my fans in the literature section know why I get depressed always.

Sorry for the long epistle, I'm broken and seriously need advice, I hope he gets to see this and then kills me afterwards.

Cc. Ishilove Lalasticlala Sean RoyalRoy

How old are you? Sorry ask

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / Husband Presents Wife’s Love Messages, Nude Pictures In Court / Getting The Best Out Of Your House Helps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.