Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House (42942 Views)

Photos Of My Apartment After Renovation For Christmas -phoros / First Time Landlord : I Shunned A Family House To Build Mine / Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 5:41pm On Feb 28, 2016
More updates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by twinskenny(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
oga mi.. things has really changed oo weldone sir
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by mufutau55(m): 5:56pm On Feb 28, 2016
abdulwastecx:
More updates

Very nice and neat. Kerp it up.

Hajji M.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:07pm On Feb 28, 2016
twinskenny:

Thanks sir
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2016
twinskenny:

You may not even remember the site again.... Lol
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2016
Gate man house:
Here is a small gateman house.
Plan dimensions is 4.5m x 3m
The building have a room and a toilet

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by smiley001(m): 9:46pm On Feb 28, 2016
Oya ride on Engineer.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by twinskenny(m): 7:51am On Feb 29, 2016
abdulwastecx:

You may not even remember the site again.... Lol
good good can't wait to come back. Weldone boss
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 8:34am On Feb 29, 2016
I see you are back to this site like you promised. I am glued here. Things are progressing nicely.
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:45pm On Mar 02, 2016
More updates on security house construction

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2016
More updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2016
Did you say that is a gate house? Hmmm.....with the way it is turning out, maybe i will come and rent the thing.

What type of roofing are you going to use here cos it seems so close to the fence if not merged with it? Please be sure to show us the finished product when you are done!
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 8:10pm On Mar 03, 2016
Onuokwu:
Did you say that is a gate house? Hmmm.....with the way it is turning out, maybe i will come and rent the thing.

What type of roofing are you going to use here cos it seems so close to the fence if not merged with it? Please be sure to show us the finished product when you are done!

Yes my oga, we are going to put a slab on top as the roof.

We will definitely show you the finished product my oga
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
More updates from the garage house

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 2:47pm On Mar 04, 2016
More updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by twinskenny(m): 2:53pm On Mar 04, 2016
well done oga mi

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 3:58pm On Mar 04, 2016
Updates from our fence plastering

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 4:00pm On Mar 04, 2016
More updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Onuokwu: 5:16pm On Mar 04, 2016
I like. These are obviously workmen skilled in their craft/trade. @Prof, I trust these are locals? Should put a stop to all that "cotonou/togo workmen are better" brouhaha.

2 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2016
Onuokwu:
I like. These are obviously workmen skilled in their craft/trade. @Prof, I trust these are locals? Should put a stop to all that "cotonou/togo workmen are better" brouhaha.

I believe in made in Nigeria my oga.
These are guys I know very well, I know where they reside, their families etc. These are young men some of which are undergraduate, they learn their trade for some years through parent or relatives and they are very good. They work hard and easily head to correction when they are wrong.

Plastering, Block laying etc are skills can be mastered by patients and hardwork

2 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by mufutau55(m): 2:50am On Mar 05, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Updates from our fence plastering

Arriba, my friend. This is what I call perfection. Keep it rolling...

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 7:28am On Mar 06, 2016
mufutau55:

Arriba, my friend. This is what I call perfection. Keep it rolling...

Hajji M.

Thank you sir
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by danny34(m): 7:45am On Mar 06, 2016
well done work bro..... You are edging closer to completion. The design pillars on the fence are wow!
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by Juokorow(m): 1:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
abdulwastecx:
I am still on the polystyrene fascia
I will be highlighting all the important things or activity to carried out for those that will like to use this method for their future work.

Polystyrene comes in three meters each apart from the ridge or Valley. All other part comes in three meters.

Polystyrene is measured in linear meters and not per meter square.

Polystyrene can be bought in standard size of 450mm x 450mm or 300mm x 300mm. It can also be made on special order.

The 450mm x 450mm goes for around N4,500
While 300mm x 300mm is sold for N2600

The polystyrene also comes with a special cement used to join the point of contact between polystyrene.

I have wondered why most are not embracing polystyrene as an alternative material for parapets, window and door dressing, decking etc. I am planning a project and would like to identify where and how to efficiently and effectively use polystyrene.
How does the total cost of the fascia compare to concrete parapet? Also, how can I contact you to discuss possible involvement in my project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by brunofarad(m): 2:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
NICE ONE
I like those designs on the pillars...good job
Ciao

1 Like

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2016
Juokorow:

I have wondered why most are not embracing polystyrene as an alternative material for parapets, window and door dressing, decking etc. I am planning a project and would like to identify where and how to efficiently and effectively use polystyrene.
How does the total cost of the fascia compare to concrete parapet? Also, how can I contact you to discuss possible involvement in my project.

That will be great sir.

Polystyrene fascia is cheaper than insitu cast concrete fascia (paraper) by almost 30% to 40%.
It is faster to install and construction is neater.
Light advantage is another major importance.

As for other structural use, like polystyrene rib in ribbed slab construction, it is a good thing to use for suspended floor in residential houses, hotel, school etc. It is cheaper than concrete slab and also faster. It also contribute much less load to other structural members like beam and colum
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 6:28pm On Mar 13, 2016
Juokorow:

You can contact me through my mobile number 08169492682 sir
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 11:34am On Mar 15, 2016
More updates from our work.
I present our security house.
Here is the summary of security house construction.

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 11:35am On Mar 15, 2016
More updates

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 11:37am On Mar 15, 2016
Curing ND final look of the security house roof slab

Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 12:10pm On Mar 15, 2016
Detailed cost breakdown will Come later
Re: Harney Project Renovation Work Of A Nairalanders Massive Family House by abdulwastecx(m): 12:21pm On Mar 15, 2016
Fence coping design loading.
Here is Harney project craft man, moulding our precast coping for the fence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Lagos Building Collapse: 3 Dead, 3 Rescued As Search Continues / Construction Management Information System Course And Certification / Acres Of Land Suitable For Poultry,Crops&Fish Pond In Ibadan*For Sale*with pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.