Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (41463 Views)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by daniska3yaro(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by bisdam9086(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
This na confirm One Chance oooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by allanphash7(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Baba fash i only refuse to talk necause i respect you so much ni

Light i no see use u dey here dey talk nonsense

Fash baba am sorry for being rude to u cos na u cause am
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
No Mr Fashola. We refuse to accept it. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by gbishman: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
Bros Fashola, i respect u and i wantur administration to succeed but this one will not work. Nigerians are suffering sincerely, i wonder how much they can take on issue of exploitation. Also if we are to accept this you the minister have to come out publicly and tell Nigerians if they are to pay this bill how many hours of light are they to expect daily

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by yorke1: 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
Is this man for real? Accept what? This man has gone insane.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by RichDad1(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
dunkem21:
My question is .. " If the govt had said this same thing a year ago, what would have been your reaction, Fashola ..and the reactions of Lai Mohammed and El-Rufai

..What goes around ..
But it's the same last year govt that sign the slavery increment.
So?
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by pesty100(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
Begging? Would he help anybody pay electric bill

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sukkot: 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
nigerians want light but somehow i dont think they are prepared or want to pay for electricity that runs 24 7. they want it for free. because when fashola makes this electricity run 24 7 and the bills start coming, nigerians will change their cry from ' we have no light ' to this light is too expensive. its going to be a new cry. when you get used to that 24 7 electricity the new cry will be about how it is expensive. black man has to always have something to complain about or his life is not complete

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Jacko1(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
No it is not acceptable is this the change we clamor for.... No oh
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
I posted this earlier. This people keep playing with the masses. Dishing out suffering, while they enjoy our common fund.

It's usually easy for Government to jump on those measures that affect the voiceless Nigerians while they enjoy our common fund. Why should we buy cars at the tune of 4.2 billion for lawmakers or give them wardrobe allowance. when a Nigerian can't even access loan for a car, not even for free but to make it within his reach. A lot of Nigerians find it difficult to pay hospital bill. And these politicians can afford these things we provide for them 10times!

When Government start doing things like stopping foreign medical treatment for public office holders, stop all these unnecessary expenses by our leaders in the name of estacodes, protocols then I will take them serious. They should start from themselves not masses all the time. Soon PHCN will roll out new tarrif, , plans are on to cut down salary of some federal government staff by removing certain allowances while their's keep swelling to reflect current rise in dollar grin

I like the increase in capital expenditure, and their projection but they shouldn't put us into huge debt again. And this social welfare programme is useless, how can you pay 5k to millions of people, how sustainable is that? They would probably pay it for few months and stop just to justify their campaign promise. It's crystal clear that it's not a sustainable development. Where will the money be coming from? How do you determine who is unemployed? It would have been easier if we had a national data of Nigerians. The best approach is to mop up by creating jobs, then work towards national data, at same time register all new born babies while deaths are recorded too. These things aren't rocket science. We have federal government, state government, local government, wards, coalition can be done at any level.

So that in the next 3 years of Buhari's administration, government can effectively plan and budget with specific number of Nigerians. Buhari's government, if not careful will still end like others. We need to work on our systems not combing issues by suffering Nigerians, closing up BDCs, and distracting us with Dasuki when economy is crumbling.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fuel pump price to increase,Electricity bill to increase-#BRINGBACKJONATHAN

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by xreal: 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
Is that his welcome package.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by gbengamesh: 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
hard life
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by funkyibodude(m): 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
Mark my words Fashola would see hell in this ministry. Though I don't wish that for him
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by networkgenuis: 3:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?

Why can't they fix the epileptic power supply first before hiking the price. It's never fun paying for what you didn't use. It is criminal hiking the electricity tariff when They know that most households are made to pay a fixed price without recourse to electric meter.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sweatlana: 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
Na wa o. Is this the better life Nigeria voted for shocked sad
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin......change...
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by AceRoyal: 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
SCAM 101!
WHAT ABOUT THE SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE FEES THAT THEY CHARGE,WHAT IS IT MEANT FOR?!

It's so sad,the cost of living is gonna be really high next year........That's the Change!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by xreal: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
sukkot:
nigerians want light but somehow i dont think they are prepared or want to pay for electricity that runs 24 7. they want it for free. because when fashola makes this electricity run 24 7 and the bills start coming, nigerians will change their cry from ' we have no light ' to this light is too expensive. its going to be a new cry. when you get used to that 24 7 electricity the new cry will be about how it is expensive. black man has to always have something to complain about or his life is not complete

what are u saying?

let Nigerians see the stable electricity first , and see if majority will be willing to pay for it or not.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by scholes23(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
They should also include increase in salary cos someone earning a man minimum wage of 18k for instance will find it difficult to cope with the increment. In other words, the government should also take consumers' income into consideration before making such decisions.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by jamace(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Most consumers do not have meters and you are begging consumers to pay higher bills? Na wa o shocked. You want these DISCOs to kill consumers with estimated bills? Hian, see me, see change o. sad sad
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by manny4life(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
sukkot:

At least according to the campaign promises, electricity shouldn't be expensive. We have abundant resource (oil and gas) to make it seriously CHEAP, so unless this is a false promise, I'm sure they can make it happen.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
sukkot:
can we see the mega watts first...we are ready to pay but first we need to see what we are paying for...is it that hard...i have my prepaid card loaded up but no electricity to enjoy it...this government is annoying... angry

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by profmallory(m): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
Coming fro Fashola's mouth. I ld accept..
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by mikeapollo: 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fg-pushes-for-electricity-tariff-increase/

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.

As useless as ever.
Shaking my head for people who are deceived to believe that this clueless man ever had anything to offer the masses!
If someone could deny thousands of students access to university education for almost 3 years by recklessly increasing tuition fees from 25,000 to 300,000 such a person can never be a friend of the suffering masses of this country.
Just wait and see more reckless decisions /policies from this over-hyped medicore

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ohenhen1: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
I have no problem with the tarriff increase. But you must first give out meters. Can't charge me for something I didn't use.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by lankieman: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fraud.....The masses always at the receiving end
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
scholes23:
They should also include increase in salary cos someone earning a man minimum wage of 18k for instance will find it difficult to cope with the increment. In other words, the government should also take consumers' income into consideration before making such decisions.
the earlier we know that the nigerian government doesn't give a shiit about any of us the better...fashola and his family wont feel zilch about paying for electricity but the masses who were shouting and defending fashola to be minister would...reality is about to set in...
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ajepako(f): 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
Those of your who voted APC

Look down!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Duru1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
Most Nigerians and their silly government are full of it. What in the hell is electricity bill hike when there is no constant supply of electricity? People cannot pay for the goods and services that were not supplied.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Miriam Keyamo Weds Desmond Ike (Photo) / See Labour Party Agbada (Pics) / Dino Melaye Flaunts His G-wagon (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.