Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,850 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (41458 Views)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 16, 2015
sukkot:
it may not be too expensive but when it is running 24 7 it adds up. people are going to have to start doing what people do in britain. as soon as you leave a room you turn the light off. you only have light turned on in the room you are. thats how you save money. dont have unnecessary lights on
most Nigerians have lost values that they connect the electric power direct to their homes without the metre reading. I doubt if such policy will work
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by djkirkoo2(m): 12:06am On Dec 16, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?
I hate you. You know why? Because you stupid.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 16, 2015
gbishman:
Bros Fashola, i respect u and i wantur administration to succeed but this one will not work. Nigerians are suffering sincerely, i wonder how much they can take on issue of exploitation. Also if we are to accept this you the minister have to come out publicly and tell Nigerians if they are to pay this bill how many hours of light are they to expect daily
with all sincerity the guy is right. the only way out is increase in tariffs to expand productivity. The problem is would Fashola or APC had accepted this during GEJ tenure? certainly no because every thing is about political gain. Look at the way Apc is stylishly removing subsidy that they claim wasn't in existence by our president. gradually the price will climb to higher amount causing cost push inflation

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by omohayek: 12:45am On Dec 16, 2015
djkirkoo2:
I hate you. You know why? Because you stupid.

If this is what passes for an argument with you, it's clear you don't even have the minimal intellectual capacity required to be worth hating in return.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by SeanDada1(m): 3:20am On Dec 16, 2015
citizenisb:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fg-pushes-for-electricity-tariff-increase/

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.

Oga fashola, plz use our looted funds to carry out this project. You guys can't continue to milk & rape the poor masses with increasing tariff, and taxes!
When you increase this tariff, you will then link the funds to your individual account. We all saw what you and Tinubu did as per the Lagos toll gate in collaboration with LCC. Nobody is going to pay a f*cking dime 2u or ur ministry! Our eyes are now open!!!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by mmsen: 3:51am On Dec 16, 2015
juman:
In my opinion I have very very little faith in this apc government.

In the beginning of this government, some people refer to the old man buhari as messiah, I stated that time that it was too early to see him as messiah because obasanjo that we saw as messiah at the end turned out to be just another military general.

Now nigerians can see that apc is struggling to govern.

Anyone who fully understands English and has a memory retention rate of more than five days should have seen through the charade immediately.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Goldencollins: 4:08am On Dec 16, 2015
RichDad1:
Paying more for what we don't have?
Only in Nigeria. cry

To all you shouting Fashola dis, Buhari that...,
You all should know that it's the [b]Former Clueless government
led by GEJ that signs this slavery pact.
If not for APC, no one knows what would have happen to this country.[/b] angry
what is this one saying
clueless comment

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by djkirkoo2(m): 4:24am On Dec 16, 2015
omohayek:

If this is what passes for an argument with you, it's clear you don't even have the minimal intellectual capacity required to be worth hating in return.
Abeg get out. During d previous administration none of you knew these things but now for Buhari administration all of una dey form sense. Rubbish
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by toyinid78: 6:01am On Dec 16, 2015
Idnt blv fashola said dis n if its true he has no business saying dat because in my area we use ikedc which is private power distributor which is just like mtn or airtel, so wetin consine am? Unless dem don buy am back sebi dem say dem privatise am? Currently we pay 10k per month at iyana ipaja if u increase am wego dey swear for u everyday
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by FabioPeter: 6:34am On Dec 16, 2015
Fashola earned my respect as one of the most outstanding ex-governors, he championed policies that brought true development to his state.
However, I think this issue of tariff increment is nothing short of robbing Peter to pay Paul. 1. Currently, the DISCOs sell energy based on the price they purchase with factored profit expected.
2. Only 40% of subscribers pay their bills, 60 percent are either unmetered or have rigged their meters.
3. Point 2 above translates to 40% of subscribers paying their bill and that of the defaulters
4. Penalty for defaulting, 50,000 Naira. Irrespective of how long you have defaulted. For e.g. If you ought to pay 5,000Naira/month and you default for 3 years(180,000 Naira) you pay 50,000 Naira. For the records, no one is caught.

Way forward, put laws and policies in place that enforces bills are paid and defaulters are punished.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by FabioPeter: 6:40am On Dec 16, 2015
toyinid78:
Idnt blv fashola said dis n if its true he has no business saying dat because in my area we use ikedc which is private power distributor which is just like mtn or airtel, so wetin consine am? Unless dem don buy am back sebi dem say dem privatise am? Currently we pay 10k per month at iyana ipaja if u increase am wego dey swear for u everyday
The DISCOs return cap in hand to the govt requesting for money because they are running at a loss, they can't recoup the amount spent purchasing energy. This concerns govt who ought to put laws/ policies in place that enforces payment of utility bill.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Offorfelix(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2015
That's change weather good or bad is change.All they know is how to increase can't they talk about decrease.rubbish..........
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by emtar(m): 8:08am On Dec 16, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b] what is service charge on PHCN or so called ibedc? On my monthly ibedc i do see N675 as service charge apart from current chatge. What ar they servicing pls? Is a blackhat or whitehat or redhat Stealling? Distribution was sold not plant. So phcn is functioning and has almost 5different boards eating cooleeee. Now whom is dis government decieving? APC should be 9ja savior i believe and o still have hope. Where is d proceeds of sales of phcn distribution plant of billion naira? Nigerians want to know . In unity we stand. Buhari should take back PHCN from those that bought it and query them? Government is buying trasformers etc from our allocation but PHCN is eating d cake and Nigerians ar paying in hard
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by omohayek: 8:48am On Dec 16, 2015
djkirkoo2:
Abeg get out. During d previous administration none of you knew these things but now for Buhari administration all of una dey form sense. Rubbish

We aren't all illiterates whose lives revolve around APC vs. PDP nonsense. Some of us actually recognize sensible economic policies when they are explained to us. Maybe you should stop treating your political affiliation as if it were a tribal identity and try using your brain for a change.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Oz4realsss: 9:03am On Dec 16, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?

Power supply in Nigeria is not reliable because what is generated is too meagre to meet our demand. Your claim that it is the cost is conspicuously wrong.
If supply is large to the extent that there is much reserve that is underutilised, one can now say Nigerians cannot access electricity because of the cost . That is not the case. What is generated and supplied cannot meet our demand.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by chibuike107: 10:37am On Dec 16, 2015
Fashola where is the light....bring the light first before u will start telling us about increment......!all u people know is how to collect mney from ur citizens.....nePa is owin nigerians five years of constant power before talking about money!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ModiKen(m): 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
eltweezy90:

Baba make I get baby oku biko, I get parol by 4 pm

grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sleekman(m): 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
osazeeblue01:
You see the mess those that voted APC put us into. I wish this happen during GEJ you will see the way Fashola will condemn it.
Fashola condemned it during d campaign.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by tamonokare: 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2015
falcon01:
dude!!! Are you living in the bush.. We always have power in my area in fact i have forgotten when last my battery reached 40%
my friend you're not in Nigeria, I'm in Rivers State . for almost a month now we've not seen light.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by djkirkoo2(m): 1:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
omohayek:

We aren't all illiterates whose lives revolve around APC vs. PDP nonsense. Some of us actually recognize sensible economic policies when they are explained to us. Maybe you should stop treating your political affiliation as if it were a tribal identity and try using your brain for a change.
Still talking rubbish
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by compujyde: 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by mikolo80: 4:46am On Dec 17, 2015
McCarlito:
These laws are supposed to be made by the people and not the government... The impact are felt by the people and not the government...
As the prices escalates there should also be increase in the salaries of the workers to be able to meet up with whatever price they deem to slash on it..... we never finish petroleum scarcity and price hikes...
let the workers Enter farm. No productivity no wage increase
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by mikolo80: 4:47am On Dec 17, 2015
citizenisb:
There is going to be a steep increase in the cost of living next year o!!!
But Rise in productivity will cancel it
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by mikolo80: 4:49am On Dec 17, 2015
osazeeblue01:
You see the mess those that voted APC put us into. I wish this happen during GEJ you will see the way Fashola will condemn it.
They can only condemn it when there is no power plant to show for it.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by mikolo80: 4:51am On Dec 17, 2015
omohayek:

If you're complaining about false billing, that's one thing - I agree that people should only be billed for what they use - but there is just no question that current tariff rates are too low for generating companies to cover their costs. If they can't even do that, how can they raise the funds to generate more electricity?

Fashola has already said they'll be working on improved billing, so I don't really see what there is to complain about with what he's saying here. Nigerians have to get used to paying market rates for decent services, instead of expecting "government" to give them artificially cheap electricity, fuel and dollars, then acting surprised when there are shortages of all these things.
Guy you get time o. Do you really think you can convince a pdp supportER with logic or facts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Poses With His Children At His Convocation In ABU Zaria (photos) / Nigerian Army: We Arrested Chinwetalu Agu For Supporting IPOB / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Saraki's Trial(twitter)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.