Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (41461 Views)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Dikechigozie: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
APC government
1.Toll on our roads
2.increase in electricity tariff
3.increase in fuel bump price
4.increase exchange of naira to dollar
5.increase in VAT
6.increase in company income tax
7.increase in import duties

THEN
Reduction in minimum wage
Fight against curruption

What a hypocrisy
How will be survive and pay for all these
Without being corrupt?
Hard and difficult days are here.

Where is my passport let me try
TOGO or COTOUNOU.

Haba baba.
Was this the change you promised us?
God please intervene!!!!!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by godoluwa(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
Dikechigozie:
APC government 1.Toll on our roads 2.increase in electricity tariff 3.increase in fuel bump price 4.increase exchange of naira to dollar 5.increase in VAT 6.increase in company income tax 7.increase in import duties
THEN Reduction in minimum wage Fight against curruption

What a hypocrisy How will be survive and pay for all these Without being corrupt? Hard and difficult days are here.

Where is my passport let me try TOGO or COTOUNOU.

Haba baba. Was this the change you promised us? God please intervene!!!!!

i swear, i'm gonna leave this hell soonest

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by brofula(m): 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
1. Pls accpet increase in price of pump from 87 to 97
2. pls accept increase in elelctricity tarrif
3. pls accept increase in exchange of dollar to naira from 199 to 265
Change all caused by Jonathan.
Change In deed.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
sukkot:
please get over the campaign promises. in every country in the world, including USA, in fact most notoriously including USA, politicians make all kinds of campaign promises they can never keep so as to win. it is what it is. thats just politricks for you and thats how it is played both in developed and third world countries. so i think you need to get your mind away from campaign promises and focus on what is being done now. camaign promises is in the past - let it go already
I will duel on it.Who knows whether it's fashola that is replying my quotes.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Buhariisah(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
wow creative
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Dminister(m): 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
falcon01:
dude!!! Are you living in the bush.. We always have power in my area in fact i have forgotten when last my battery reached 40%
And you expect people to pay the same amount with you, Inequality is the major problem in this country. When we have Insensitive people as leaders you know what to expect in the society.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
i use an average of 65 kilowatts (units) a month according to my metre reading yet the give me a bill of at least 510 kilowatts (units) a month... they are clearly overestimating how much i consume each month... i complained for several months yet no change...

Bottom line: They charge me more than what i actually use.

omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Eleniyan15: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
IN FASHOLA I CONCUR
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by eltweezy90(m): 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
ModiKen:
Hell2daNo!

Mak we see d light first then we go gladly pay.

BTW, Fashola shey many other power generation methods dey apart from gas powered plants.

Akon dey give people stable electricity thru solar power and u dey talk of increase in price of gas powered electricity.

Smh for you, Fashola.... angry

Mama Bukky, abeg share bottles of origin for the posters above and below me....dem dey use dia head well. cool
Baba make I get baby oku biko, I get parol by 4 pm
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by shaggyosas(m): 3:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
falcon01:
dude!!! Are you living in the bush.. We always have power in my area in fact i have forgotten when last my battery reached 40%

Are u living in the states...in nigeria, we hardly have power. In fact I can't remember the last time my battery reached 10%.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hard times ahead.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by richynd: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
APC is just a Yahoo political party. Nigerians has just been scammed with Propaganda. Before you go on to support this ask yourself what Fashola and co would have said if this was Jonathan's tenure. Just be sincere to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by emmygzy(m): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?
weyrey leleyi sha. Are you a Nigerian? You must be a brainwashed APC apologist.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by lawalwas: 3:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
Well, all is well. But Mr fashola i want you to remember your comment durring the campaing that if you have the opportunity to be power minister you will fix the power problem withing six month, pls keep to your world ooooo.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by EKELEONU(m): 3:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Who is talking about electricity. We were scammed when PMB entered newly.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by susrite(m): 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
abbey621:
In the States, people pay anywhere from $60 to $300 per month for electricity, if we want stable electricity in Nigeria we have to be ready to pay 10,000 to 50,000 Naira per month, unless the government is willing to subsidize. We would all like to blame the government for not providing stable electricity but how many people actually pay their electricity bills? Some people would even risk their lives by tapping current from the electricity pole or connecting wires all over their homes. The real solution here is to leave electricity out of the hands of the Government and put it in the hands of private companies, let them charge whatever price and let's have a healthy competition just like in advanced countries. This way anybody that wants electricity would sign up with those companies, pay a security deposit and then get a meter. When we give those companies full control instead of this pseudo privatization then our electricity situation will surely improve!
hey Bro, do your stat before posting. The highest electricity bill in the states is paid by the West south Central states (akansas, loiusiana and texas) and they pay $126.74 while the lowest are the Pacific states) california, oregon and Washington) they pay $90.84 (I paid lower than that last two months). Now the average income of a civil servant in the state is 19.85/hour; let's assume you work 6 hours daily, that's $2,977 per month.
The above electricity bill isn't up to 5% of the income. But here in Nigeria, you get, let's say maximum if #25000 and I recall my brother in Nigeria paying #12,000, geez! That's almost 50% of his income.
And now we are anticipating for increase in the bill... You know what? Nigeria economy s**ks

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Chucks1989(m): 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

just listen to yourself, when you go to the market do you pay for what you are not seeing?
all these APCshit supporters won't stop thinking with their ass

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Certifiedboss: 3:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fg-pushes-for-electricity-tariff-increase/

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.

It's so unfortunate . We the citizens are so unlucky to be in the nation under this stupid Era . And Era where politicians are saying they can no longer pay 18k minimum wage cos the nation is broke . Meaning at salary of an average civil servant will be slashed . Now Fashola want us to accept the increase in electricity charges . My salary is being reduced and expenditure about to increase what is now the hope of the average man

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by 247notire(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

O boy e be like u still dey ur papa house or u no dey naija? No let me vex this hot Tuesday afternoon o! If u knw how much bills we that they have refused to give prepaid meters pay, u won't yarn this dust.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ahbey(m): 3:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
dunkem21:
My question is .. " If the govt had said this same thing a year ago, what would have been your reaction, Fashola ..and the reactions of Lai Mohammed and El-Rufai

..What goes around ..

Abi o......anyway...Fashola...I can managed to believe to some little point...but LiarLair Mohammeed.....Never
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by LaudGuy: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
If and when there is constant electricity, you won't need to 'beg' anybody to accept increment in tariff. Gosh these so called technocrats stay putting the cart before the horse.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by tiptopy03(m): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
They want to increase all bills, PMS PRICE From 87 to 97, introduce toll gates, increase electricity bills yet their governors want workers to have pay-cut. I see Nigeria going back to 1991 -1999 era. Is this the much anticipated change? E yin Oyinbo ewa fun mi ni visa (European countries come and give me visa)

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by santosesq1(m): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nigerians pay for darkness not light. In Qatar naationals don't pay for electricity,water,gas etc only forigner pay for it. Why is nigeria diffrent ? Same oil nation woe to apc

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by onyxo76(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
paying more for darkness, i wonder when last i even recharged my meter...i never seem to have power supply...and the units just dey rest for the meter.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by jtjohn(m): 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

What are u saying? Do u know that sometimes in Benin, our maintenance +vat monthly fee surpasses what we consume for that month?
bro u are very correct do u know we pay 750 monthly maintenance whether u buy card or not you must pay is so annoying.........

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by godoluwa(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
susrite:
hey Bro, do your stat before posting. The highest electricity bill in the states is paid by the West south Central states (akansas, loiusiana and texas) and they pay $126.74 while the lowest are the Pacific states) california, oregon and Washington) they pay $90.84 (I paid lower than that last two months). Now the average income of a civil servant in the state is 19.85/hour; let's assume you work 6 hours daily, that's $2,977 per month.
The above electricity bill isn't up to 5% of the income. But here in Nigeria, you get, let's say maximum if #25000 and I recall my brother in Nigeria paying #12,000, geez! That's almost 50% of his income.
And now we are anticipating for increase in the bill... You know what? Nigeria economy s**ks
God bless you for this info, that abbey621 is one of the APC e-rat & such comment is expected from him

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Standing5(m): 3:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

Which power is been produced? eople spend a week without power and u talking of hiking the price of the little light we get

Sometimes I feel buhari just wants to punish Nigerians for not voting him many years ago... He doesn't seem concerned about our plights. Pls when is he travelling next
Be reasonable in your demands.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by seun001(m): 3:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fg-pushes-for-electricity-tariff-increase/

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.

Mr Fashola, I doubt paying for the bills is the problem. Paying for power you did not use is what should be dealt with before increasing tariffs. this is not rocket science.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

If you're complaining about false billing, that's one thing - I agree that people should only be billed for what they use - but there is just no question that current tariff rates are too low for generating companies to cover their costs. If they can't even do that, how can they raise the funds to generate more electricity?

Fashola has already said they'll be working on improved billing, so I don't really see what there is to complain about with what he's saying here. Nigerians have to get used to paying market rates for decent services, instead of expecting "government" to give them artificially cheap electricity, fuel and dollars, then acting surprised when there are shortages of all these things.

Guy relax. I'm not talking of billing I'm talking of electric pay as u go meter. U can go a month without using up to your monthly fixed charge... Yet u must pay for the fixed charge when your electric consumption isn't even up to it... Now they want to increase the tariff, probably with the fixed charge...
Moreover

it isn't our duty to contribute money for fg to improve power... This is ssuppoed to be a capital project where funds are allocated for it.. Maybe they'll keep increasing it until we are able to generate 20000mw (rate of $1.2m per mW)
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by onidare093: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Is fix d change u people promised us? OK, cintinue.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by PrinceNwokeji: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Can this be the change they promised Chai APC
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by onidare093: 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Is dix d change u people promised us? OK, cintinue....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anambra Governorship Election Debate Result: Performance Rating By Channels TV / Miriam Keyamo Weds Desmond Ike (Photo) / See Labour Party Agbada (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.