Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (41459 Views)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fashola's govt has never been fair to nigerians.His policies were detrimental to lagosians when he was governor.Therefore i never expected anything good from him afterall.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Avatar57: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
Do u want to read the latest news,breaking
news,celeb gist,gossips,tech news, world news
and many more visit www.adeatom..com It is
always updated and up to date every minute
come and check regularly
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by henroe2k2(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:
Paying more for what we don't have?
Only in Nigeria. cry

To all you shouting Fashola dis, Buhari that...,
You all should know that it's the [b]Former Clueless government
led by GEJ that signs this slavery pact.
If not for APC, no one knows what would have happen to this country.[/b] angry
Thunder wey go strike U just come out from bathroom....
wasted fellow......

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by susrite(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

Which power is been produced? eople spend a week without power and u talking of hiking the price of the little light we get

Sometimes I feel buhari just wants to punish Nigerians for not voting him many years ago... He doesn't seem concerned about our plights. Pls when is he travelling next
24yh of December, he's going to visit nicki minaj in Trinidad and Tobago

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Ate247(m): 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
falcon01:
dude!!! Are you living in the bush.. We always have power in my area in fact i have forgotten when last my battery reached 40%
so u think ur d only person living in Nigeria ryt. if u dnt hav wat 2 comment. shhhhhh

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sukkot: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
manny4life:

At least according to the campaign promises, electricity shouldn't be expensive. We have abundant resource (oil and gas) to make it seriously CHEAP, so unless this is a false promise, I'm sure they can make it happen.
it may not be too expensive but when it is running 24 7 it adds up. people are going to have to start doing what people do in britain. as soon as you leave a room you turn the light off. you only have light turned on in the room you are. thats how you save money. dont have unnecessary lights on

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by GreatEngineer(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Only God knows how Nigerians are going to survive next year, plan to remove subsidy on ground and now another plan to increase electricity tariffs is ready. Who knows what will follow suit.
Anyway all change na change.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by dharn10(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
For me, the higher tariff is welcome. I trust fashola for building infrastructures. Am being optimistic about this change. GOD bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by jideflows(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

What are u saying? Do u know that sometimes in Benin, our maintenance +vat monthly fee surpasses what we consume for that month?
Fashola pls stop fixed charge before increasing. .. n not more than 50% increment. ..#notofixedcharge#

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ajepako(f): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:
Paying more for what we don't have?
Only in Nigeria. cry

To all you shouting Fashola dis, Buhari that...,
You all should know that it's the [b]Former Clueless government
led by GEJ that signs this slavery pact.
If not for APC, no one knows what would have happen to this country.[/b] angry

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
1. You have to increase minimum wage for workers to be able to pay
2. What happen to our tax payers money?
3. Consider telling The National Assembly to forfeit their wardrop and car allowance in-order to achieve this

If to say Na if to say na GEJ talk this one maybe a year ago you for see Bubu, lair mohammed, tinubu, oshawole, Fashola and the likes of Elrufai propagandizing with abuse.

Wait o, why GEJ no dey even talk to them sef?

Oh I remember it is called maturity.

God bless you jaree. Na so so we will we will naim we dey hear from APC even after election grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Emokai3(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
Dis is crazy mehn..buhari is a bastard
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Aitee1: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
otokx:
where is his twitter handle?

It fashola_Tinubu grin

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Rockstar2014(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Increment again in spite of the estimated and huge bill we are paying already plus another proposed increment in petroleum products. If I may asked, can't they plough bad the monies they acclaim to be recovering from looters of previous administration and implement their new policies let Nigerians see the way of change before any other increment rather than adding up the financial burden of the poor masses at this critical time? In my candid opinion, this is wrong and totally unacceptable.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sukkot: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
IzonOwei:
can we see the mega watts first...we are ready to pay but first we need to see what we are paying for...is it that hard...i have my prepaid card loaded up but no electricity to enjoy it...this government is annoying... angry
fashola is on the job. 2016 is the year of light. dont worry about that. what you need to worry about is being ready and able to pay for 24 7 electricity. that will be your new worry in 2016. grin
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by manny4life(m): 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
sukkot:
it may not be too expensive but when it is running 24 7 it adds up. people are going to have to start doing what people do in britain. as soon as you leave a room you turn the light off. you only have light turned on in the room you are. thats how you save money. dont have unnecessary lights on

I don't know how it's done in Britain, but here in America and for a state like Texas, that has abundance of oil/gas (similar to Nigeria), electricity is dirty cheap. In fact, they have electricity plans that encourage more usage (more usage, more discount and lesser bill). My point is, let Nigerians experience excess electricity first, before talking about increase (which shouldn't be expensive either).

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
sukkot:
Why didn't they say all this during their campaign?They were promising free this free that as if it would be that easy.Does fashola pay for electricity consumption?No!It's paid from by the people.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by abbey621(m): 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
In the States, people pay anywhere from $60 to $300 per month for electricity, if we want stable electricity in Nigeria we have to be ready to pay 10,000 to 50,000 Naira per month, unless the government is willing to subsidize. We would all like to blame the government for not providing stable electricity but how many people actually pay their electricity bills? Some people would even risk their lives by tapping current from the electricity pole or connecting wires all over their homes. The real solution here is to leave electricity out of the hands of the Government and put it in the hands of private companies, let them charge whatever price and let's have a healthy competition just like in advanced countries. This way anybody that wants electricity would sign up with those companies, pay a security deposit and then get a meter. When we give those companies full control instead of this pseudo privatization then our electricity situation will surely improve!

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ybalogs(m): 3:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
As far as we get value for money, issokay

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ybalogs(m): 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
As long as we get value for what we pay for, why not. The qualms is paying without delivery. That's quite irresponsible and we're not expecting that from this administration.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Firefire(m): 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nigerians will now pay more for darkness under Buhary.

Pathetic, and high level of insensitivity of this administration to the feelings of Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by DonEffiong(m): 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
As if we were not paying high tariff before even without seeing the light
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
Everything this govt promised to do during campaign was free.Except fuel price which they promised to reduce to #40per liter. we don enter One chance change.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sukkot: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
manny4life:

I don't know how it's done in Britain, but here in America and for a state like Texas, that has abundance of oil/gas (similar to Nigeria), electricity is dirty cheap. In fact, they have electricity plans that encourage more usage (more usage, more discount and lesser bill). My point is, let Nigerians experience excess electricity first, before talking about increase (which shouldn't be expensive either).
brother, the man is just getting you ready. you know how nigerians are ? when the electricity comes now and is stable 24 7, they will all start evading payment and hiding when its payment time. the man is putting you on notice that once this kicks off you all have to be on board to maintain it by making sure you pay for what you use. personally i think its an intelligent strategy warning nigerians who dont like paying for nothing except olosho and effizy sturves like iphone wink

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Sanchase: 3:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
Una don reduce minimum wage from 18K to thank you very much, now una dey ask make people accept electricity hike.

How will they afford it, can they pay with your balls?

These politicians una get sense at all?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ybalogs(m): 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
abbey621:
In the States, people pay anywhere from $60 to $300 per month for electricity, if we want stable electricity in Nigeria we have to be ready to pay 10,000 to 50,000 Naira per month, unless the government is willing to subsidize. We would all like to blame the government for not providing stable electricity but how many people actually pay their electricity bills? Some people would even risk their lives by tapping current from the electricity pole or connecting wires all over their homes. The real solution here is to leave electricity out of theo hands of the Government and put it in the hands of private companies, let them charge whatever price and let's have a healthy competition just like in advanced countries. This way anybody that wants electricity would sign up with those companies, pay a security deposit and then get a meter. When we give those companies full control instead of this pseudo privatization then our electricity situation will surely improve!
I'm with you on this boss. Thanks for saying what I couldn't put into words.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by M4gunners: 3:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Na una go tire ooo.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Alwaystruth: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
Increase this and increment that!!..By the time you increases electricity tariff and removes
oil subsidies by next year. The low and middle class incomers will really feel the heat.
This is indeed the change Nigerians voted for. Yes..the maggot that eats the leave lives inside it.
Nigerians started trekking for PMB and APC and i knew that was the beginning of trekking galore and
new life style going to face average Nigerians. Change!!! Change!!!.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hard times from this one chance change.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by rallymento(m): 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
Beg ko! Beg Ni!
Don't beg me!! you guys where the Mr Perfect political party that won the election.. Just do the needful to make the citizens happy.

nonsenstical Nonsense !!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Lucasbalo(m): 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Typical Third World country still trying to provide electricity for her citizens after 56 years of independence. Shame, shame and big shame. The country will never develop until they get the energy problems right.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sukkot: 3:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
Love Machine:
Why didn't they say all this during their campaign? They were promising free this free that as if it would be that easy.Does fashola pay for electricity consumption?No!It's paid from by the people.
please get over the campaign promises. in every country in the world, including USA, in fact most notoriously including USA, politicians make all kinds of campaign promises they can never keep so as to win. it is what it is. thats just politricks for you and thats how it is played both in developed and third world countries. so i think you need to get your mind away from campaign promises and focus on what is being done now. camaign promises is in the past - let it go already

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2023: Why We Attended Shettima's Unveiling - Pastor Igbokwe Prince / Shettima Visits Late Borno Deputy Governor's Wife, Son / ASUU Strike: Shehu Sani Reacts As Female Students Threaten To Protest Nude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.