Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (41465 Views)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by excel101(m): 5:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
Love Machine:
I will duel on it.Who knows whether it's fashola that is replying my quotes.
. If @ all what u said about the campaign promises of the USA is true, does it mean dat its the reason why our politicians also has to lie to Nigerians? This is absolute rubbish
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by excel101(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
Love Machine:
I will duel on it.Who knows whether it's fashola that is replying my quotes.
. If @ all what u said about the campaign promises made by the politicians of the USA is true, does it mean dat its the reason why our politicians also has to lie to Nigerians in order to get their votes? This is absolute rubbish, dis is a clear case of building the future of a country in a false foundation.. Meaning no good thing can come out of the APC Govt.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by VocalWalls: 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
They already increased mine.
Are we running an 'Abeg' Government?
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by CaroLyner(f): 5:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
Blackfire:
Kneels down to pray again.
*put my feet inside hot water*

Amadioha call sango to call zeus, anybody who voted/ campaign for apc/buhari and he/she complain in 2016, let thunder from heaven and hell fire that person(s)... AMEN.
did you see any thing? dont really know how the mail thing works here
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by blackmaine: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
See o! Zoo character y blaming nnamdi kanu when he insult them
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
excel101:
. If @ all what u said about the campaign promises made by the politicians of the USA is true, does it mean dat its the reason why our politicians also has to lie to Nigerians in order to get their votes? This is absolute rubbish, dis is a clear case of building the future of a country in a false foundation.. Meaning no good thing can come out of the APC Govt.
Let us discuss nigeria.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by bobbito: 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:
Paying more for what we don't have?
Only in Nigeria. cry

To all you shouting Fashola dis, Buhari that...,
You all should know that it's the [b]Former Clueless government
led by GEJ that signs this slavery pact.
If not for APC, no one knows what would have happen to this country.[/b] angry

You talk as if you don't have sense. There has been hardship in the country and we hardly see light since i was a little boy till date. its been over 35 years now.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by buchilino(m): 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?

DO GHANAIANS PAY DAT MUCH 4 POWER? I DOUBT VERY MUCH. SOME NIGERIANS CAN BE SO TERRIBLE IN D WAY THEY REASON
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by toggy: 6:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
we are in for it again!
electricity bill on the increase!
toll fee is coming!
schools fees on the increase
health facilities not available!

yet
Government cannot pay 18,000 minimum wage again! pensioners cannot get their pension. salaries are not coming until 8 to ten months. i think the government should also tell us where to get this money to pay for the increase.

If only to increase tariff on essential amenities is the only way to implement government projects. i dey laugh..... God is watching!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by AJORE(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2015
I can't say fash is very stupid for saying such...since change came around electricity we hardly have 60 mins daily against last year and early ds year when our light was stil best in town @least 12-13 hours daily with low cost...in fact e no go well with them all....
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by nonjebose(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
It is unfortunate that some DISCOs have already increased tariff. I got a bill 600% higher than my previous average last month.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Blackfire(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
CaroLyner:
did you see any thing? dont really know how the mail thing works here

no i didnt see any mail, anyway i thought maybe u aint intrested..
So how do we do it now?
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by DONshawn: 6:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
I beg Fashola and the government to ensure that customers don't pay beyond what they consume!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nicepoker(m): 7:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
falcon01:
dude!!! Are you living in the bush.. We always have power in my area in fact i have forgotten when last my battery reached 40%
power should be available everywhere. Not only for your area.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by CaroLyner(f): 7:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
djkirkoo2:
Still talking rubbish
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by RichDad1(m): 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
ajepako:

Iwa agbero da?

I raised the middle finger..

When did agberos start raising middle finger?.

Lobatan..

grin grin grin
Okay mo ti gbo. Omo luwabi lo ma n raise middle finger. undecided
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by lumeneng22: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fashola should stop decieving himself and Nigerians. Give meters to us first . The increment of last time is still having negative effect on the masses 1, 2 let every house be metered like Ikeja disco is doing right now and let power be stable . That is the gospel truth.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by CaroLyner(f): 7:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
Blackfire:

no i didnt see any mail, anyway i thought maybe u aint intrested..

So how do we do it now?
oh thanks. its first bank.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by PastorOla1: 7:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ok. May God bless us far and above every increase IJN.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by remirez07(m): 8:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fg-pushes-for-electricity-tariff-increase/

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.
... Those "MALU" go cut light tire.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by BUSARI522(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
NIGERIANS DO NOT HAVE MONEY TO PAY HIGH BILL FOR ANYTHING NOT ELECTRICITY ONLY!.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by persius555(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

Which power is been produced? eople spend a week without power and u talking of hiking the price of the little light we get

Sometimes I feel buhari just wants to punish Nigerians for not voting him many years ago... He doesn't seem concerned about our plights. Pls when is he travelling next
Misplaced priorities is becoming a trait in this govt. Make the light available first and see if nigerians will not pay. My neighbour has been fueling his generator @ 2,500 naira daily for three straight months now. When i reminded him that the amount could pay his child boarding fee for a whole year, he cut down the rate he was fueling his gen. We are alreadly paying a high cost for energy. Thank god that PMB does not have wings, he would spend more time in the sky than in aso rock.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Vicati: 10:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
McCarlito:
These laws are supposed to be made by the people and not the government... The impact are felt by the people and not the government...
As the prices escalates there should also be increase in the salaries of the workers to be able to meet up with whatever price they deem to slash on it..... we never finish petroleum scarcity and price hikes...

You jst rememba ♏e̲ of d common sense senators#Nice contributn
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by persius555(m): 10:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
sukkot:
nigerians want light but somehow i dont think they are prepared or want to pay for electricity that runs 24 7. they want it for free. because when fashola makes this electricity run 24 7 and the bills start coming, nigerians will change their cry from ' we have no light ' to this light is too expensive. its going to be a new cry. when you get used to that 24 7 electricity the new cry will be about how it is expensive. black man has to always have something to complain about or his life is not complete
Isnt that why we have prepaid meters. You pay for what you use and not the present situation where you pay for what you dont use. My bill keeps increasing by the month despite the fact that supply is outrageously decreasing.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by sukkot: 10:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
persius555:
Isnt that why we have prepaid meters. You pay for what you use and not the present situation where you pay for what you dont use. My bill keeps increasing by the month despite the fact that supply is outrageously decreasing.
interesting. well either way, light is coming 24 7 to naija to a city near you real soon wink
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by tomakint: 10:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
dunkem21:
My question is .. " If the govt had said this same thing a year ago, what would have been your reaction, Fashola ..and the reactions of Lai Mohammed and El-Rufai

..What goes around ..
From what I am seeing, Nigeria may be heading for the rocks in no short distance.......hike in power tarrif that is not really there shocked that Fashola dude is a smooth criminal, you can bet in 3 years time this same schemer will still have something to say as excuse.... You can quote me on this one. This is a wrong move in its totality!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
dunkem21:
My question is .. " If the govt had said this same thing a year ago, what would have been your reaction, Fashola ..and the reactions of Lai Mohammed and El-Rufai

..What goes around ..
chwoi! No be small things oh! This new regime na serious nightmare episodes. Na to adapt and survive be the option.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Rhebekah(f): 11:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
dunkem21:

..What goes around ..

Comes around.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by lormarx: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.
I cant really understand the Government again,the cost of power is , on the rise,the cost of fuel on the rise,the cost of transportation on the rise,cost education on the rise,housing cost on the rise,then the basic salary of the average government worker on the decrease. They are kicking that they can't afford to pay 18000 ($69) minimum wage to an average work and the president is promising to pay 5000 ($19) a month to unemployed Nigerians. Let this Government tell us where we are going.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by lormarx: 11:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:

I can really understand the Government again,the cost of power is , on the rise,the cost of fuel on the rise,the cost of transportation on the rise,cost education on the rise,housing cost on the rise,then the basic salary of the average government worker on the decrease. They are kicking that they can't afford to pay 18000 ($69) minimum wage to an average work and the president is promising to pay 5000 ($19) a month to unemployed Nigerians. Let this Government tell us where we are going.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by lormarx: 11:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:

I cant really understand the Government again,the cost of power is , on the rise,the cost of fuel on the rise,the cost of transportation on the rise,cost education on the rise,housing cost on the rise,then the basic salary of the average government worker on the decrease. They are kicking that they can't afford to pay 18000 ($69) minimum wage to an average work and the president is promising to pay 5000 ($19) a month to unemployed Nigerians. Let this Government tell us where we are going.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by arcnomec(m): 11:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Keneking:
Ok..improve on supplies and we can discuss wink

If you can guarantee 18hours of power daily, then you can do whatever you want with pricing smiley

For the first time here on nairaland ,you have reasoned like a citizen and not the usual APC citizen......Thumbs up to you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Flaunts His G-wagon (PHOTO) / Lawmakers Almost Mobbed Buhari At Dinner During Hand Shake Session / NANS Leaders' Smile After Meeting Buhari, As PMB Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.