Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill (41469 Views)

Don’t Stop Electricity Tariff Review, Fashola Begs Nigerians / Federal High Court Voids Hike In Electricity Tariff, Fines NERC/DISCOS / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
i no fit laff, proudly 5% any day
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
OldJohn:

Which power is been produced? eople spend a week without power and u talking of hiking the price of the little light we get

Sometimes I feel buhari just wants to punish Nigerians for not voting him many years ago... He doesn't seem concerned about our plights. Pls when is he travelling next
...you are wrong to say "feel",that's exactly what Buhari is doing-punishing Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by RichDad1(m): 4:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
ajepako:

What's wrong with this Ekpa? cheesy
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by abbey621(m): 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
dikeigbo2:

You just an inglorious fool,you comparing Nigeria with The USi in area of electricity billing,? What of other areas of quality provisions of life,like good government, good infrastructural developments,good maintainance culture and so on.......I wonder if you are a human or robot

I know your kind you have no history, no mental equity and this greatly affects your sanity! Leave the discussion for people with higher intellect as this is far beyond your level of intelligence!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by preacherz: 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting
"God save me, save me, save me.
The wife asked, did you have a nightmare?
He says yes. The wife asked ask again, were you been chased by a lion?
Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again‎

grin grin grin
Buh Fashiola aLwaYz makes sense
ALwaYz!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by RichDad1(m): 4:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
henroe2k2:

Thunder wey go strike U just come out from bathroom....
wasted fellow......
Product of an emergency copulation . tongue
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ajepako(f): 4:47pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:

Ta lo nje be?

Omo, o je ya laju e sile

Omo Yoruba atata!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by nkemjacob2(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
Their is no difference between apc and pdp. Had it been it was gej time dey, i no how many press confrence fahola will hold. Their is mass poverty in the land, we tout apc will rescue us, we dnt no we entering from fry pan to fire itself. I dont trust gvt any more let them gv us account of what has been going on in that power sector.....

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by vinceton: 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
tongue undecidedAfter all the wonderful promises. Am not discouraged at all, cos I saw it coming cry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ajepako(f): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:

Ta lo nje be?

Iwo ati tani?

Omo, o je ya laju e sile

Omo Yoruba atata!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ayodele123(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
In my area, most of the houses have no meters either postpaid or prepaid and energy supply is erratic. The bills that come are based on estimate not reading. The bills are sometimes crazy & outrageous. We need prepaid meters oooooo!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by juman(m): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
In my opinion I have very very little faith in this apc government.

In the beginning of this government some people refer to the old man buhari as messiah, I stated that time that it was too early to see him as messiah because obasanjo that we saw as messiah at the end turned out to be just another military general.

Now nigerians can see that apc is struggling to govern.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ajepako(f): 4:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:

Ta lo nje be?

Iwo ati tani Ekpa?

Omo, o je ya laju e sile

Omo Yoruba atata!
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by olops98(m): 4:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
ajepako:

Ta lo nje be?
Iwo ati tani?
Omo, o je ya laju e sile
Omo Yoruba atata!
lol translate that
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ayodele123(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Are we fighting already over the 20000 MW we have not seen?
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by dimenex(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
All i know is PDP is the same as APC. They are all insane. I wish nigerian youths can rise up against these people instead of fighting themselves.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by RichDad1(m): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
ajepako:

Ta lo nje be?

Iwo ati tani?

Omo, o je ya laju e sile

Omo Yoruba atata!
O ki se omo Yoruba gidi. Se nkan ti mo ko ba e wi ti o fi n wu iwa agbero lati da mi lohun?
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by datribune: 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
First things first. Giv us pre-paid meters first, then we can talk of any increament. NO PRE-PAID, NO INCREASE IN TARIFF.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?
Paying as u get...like Dasuki.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by AreaFada2: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
omohayek:

Why do you think you get so little light in the first place? Because it costs more to produce it than you're paying! Do you think power companies are charities?

So suddenly that GEJ is gone, there are genuine reasons for little light?

Did you say this before election?
Did you support subsidy removal, something anybody with average understanding of economy should support?

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Chuksxyview(m): 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
And you think it's same thing in every part of the country, because you have forgotten when last your battery reached 40%. There is already enough hardship in the country, the government should rather profer ways to ameliorate the sufferings of the masses, stabilize the economy, before having reasons to increase the cost of their living. Maybe by the time they succeed in reducing the already poor 18k minimal wage, and dollar keeps rising to 300naira,then you will have to pay an additional power tariff by Fashola from your personal sourced fund. This is more hardship if you don't know
falcon01:
dude!!! Are you living in the bush.. We always have power in my area in fact i have forgotten when last my battery reached 40%
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by akigbemaru: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
Fashola for power.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
dunkem21:
My question is .. " If the govt had said this same thing a year ago, what would have been your reaction, Fashola ..and the reactions of Lai Mohammed and El-Rufai

..What goes around ..

Very correct. These same people will criticize another government for making the same changes that they are pleading to implement today.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by ajepako(f): 5:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:

O ki se omo Yoruba gidi. Se nkan ti mo ko ba e wi ti o fi n wu iwa agbero lati da mi lohun?

Iwa agbero da?

I raised the middle finger..

When did agberos start raising middle finger?.

Lobatan..

grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Kiakia(m): 5:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
Why should Nigerians accept increase in electricity tariff without corresponding improvement in electricity supply? Fashola is bigger than this. He, of all people, should know that one does not pay for what is not supplied as is the case in this issue. This government should not add to the burden of the suffering citizens of this country. They voted for change. And positive change they must have. Fashola should advise this government of which he is part of in that regard.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by excel101(m): 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
citizenisb:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fg-pushes-for-electricity-tariff-increase/

[b]MINISTER of Power, Works and Housing Mr. Babatunde Fashola, said Nigerians should expect increase in electricity tariff in no distant time. [/b]This is as he also indicated the Ministry of Petroleum has signified their interest to build certain critical pipelines to transport gas to the power plants that will add another 2,000 mega watts to the national grid within 12-15 months.

According to him, “By far the most complex challenge is the problem of tariff. It is complex because it is more in the hands of citizens than in the hands of Government.

“The role of Government is to set the tariff and in doing so, Government has committed to what is called a Multi-Year Tariff Order. This was done in order to attract investors to the market; otherwise we will not have achieved the privatization if the price of the product is not attractive to the investors.

“The tariff is the price of producing power. It covers cost of generation, gas purchase, transportation, transformers, staff costs and so on, disaggregated and charged per kilowatt/hour to make the business of power profitable.

“What Government did was to spread it over a number of years so that the impact is not felt at once but over a periodic incremental process. I know that it has been a contentious matter, but I make this fervent appeal to consumers to give us the benefit of doubt, to forbear and accept it.
. We nigerians are tired of the lies of all the Govts till date as regards this power sector. Why are they so concerned about the money, let them restore stable power supply first and stop this rubbish about increment in tariffs. Are they blind to the fact that we need stable or uninterrupted electricity in the country? Fashola should rather get the job done first b4 the talk of hike in tariffs. Liars

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Vainglory: 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ahmeduana:

NOW SINCE IT IS BUHARI THE TARIFF INCREAMENT IS JUSTIFY, BUT UNDER JONATHAN IS AN ABOMINATION ACT? Ba? For where? The same treatment you melted on jonathan goverment will also be melted on buhari, what goes around comes around, RAJI FASHOLA WAS THERE WHEN JONATHAN HOLDS WITH ALL THE 36 STATES GOVERNORS TO WITHDRAWL FUEL SUBSIDY, AND ALL AGREED JUST FOR FASHOLA TO GO BACK TO LAGOS TO INSTIGATES PROTEST AGAINST A COLLECTIVE DECISION WHICH HE WAS PART OF, NOW HE'S TELLING US THAT WE SHOULD PLEASSS! DON'T WORRY YOUR OWN EQUAL TREATMENT IS AROUND CORNER, AS FOR YOU ZOMBIE, KEEP ON JUSTIFYING EVERY ACTION OF YOUR PAY MASTER!
So much for insincerity and hypocrisy. When President Goodluck Jonathan increased duties on imported cars early in the year, FASHOLA was all over the place condemning as if the economy depended on that. Now he is asking us to accept an increase in power tariff. Some people are even defending him here because it is Fashola.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Keneking:
Ok..improve on supplies and we can discuss wink

If you can guarantee 18hours of power daily, then you can do whatever you want with pricing smiley
if they need money they should face north, most of northern people r using electricity for free, while other part of d country r paying d bills.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Innomach(m): 5:21pm On Dec 15, 2015
Metering should come first, please. They are killing us with estimated bills in Coker/Aguda.
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 15, 2015
The electricity supply is not regular so we shall not accept any form of increament pls tell BRF
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by dikeigbo2(m): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
abbey621:

I know your kind you have no history, no mental equity and this greatly affects your sanity! Leave the discussion for people with higher intellect as this is far beyond your level of intelligence!

You are suffering from mental retardation, I cant be yoked with a nincompoop........always spewing trash.

Doctor cure yourself
Re: Fashola Begs Nigerians To Accept Hike In Electricity Bill by excel101(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
RichDad1:
Paying more for what we don't have?
Only in Nigeria. cry

To all you shouting Fashola dis, Buhari that...,
You all should know that it's the [b]Former Clueless government
led by GEJ that signs this slavery pact.
If not for APC, no one knows what would have happen to this country.[/b] angry
you dis smelling and stinking mouth. What do u know you're talking about. The gas dat they want to use, is it not the one they flare as waste? Why is he concerned about the tariffs increment, ok so they want to stop subsidizing fuel, peg the pump price @ #97 and in return we nigerians will be paying for subsidy indirectly thru increased power tariffs. The is just the beginning of their big lies, we ain't seen anything yet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NANS Leaders' Smile After Meeting Buhari, As PMB Speaks / Tinubu Storms Ondo For APC Campaign Flag Off. / Lawmakers Almost Mobbed Buhari At Dinner During Hand Shake Session

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.