Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! (64475 Views)

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left / Heartbroken Lady Calls On God After Loosing Her Fiance To Her Close Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice only because this is really a sensitive issue that involves tradition and beliefs, no attacking of any personality or ethnic group. it can happen to anyone out there. Thanks

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by fromnigeria(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
God forbid, tell her she won't die.

They haven't trad, but are planning for wedding

I Want her to believe is that OSU is not greater than true love. I mean that age-long culture can now be broken, if and only if the love is Love.

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Monalisa185(f): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
shocked
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
Marry cos her parent ask her to
Nd not marry cos her parents ask her not to

Please ask her this

If u marry who u dont love cos of ur parents

When they are no more alive

How would she be ?
Wat will bcome of her life?

Parents family will always fight nd all
But once dey see u happy nd determined dey concur

I cant leave who i love so mch cos of family

I wud tell them its my happiness nt urs
My marriage nt urs

Dem kno me well for my family i take no bullsh*ts embarassed

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Basildvalour(m): 12:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
For me, whether OSU or not, that and many other things are just fetish beliefs. Maybe the parents of the lady are not even believers of modern day Christianity or Islam because if they are, they would conclude as I have done that there is no heck with that and they will allow their children live in matrimony.

The lady should go ahead and continue with her wedding plans.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Rhesusmonkey(m): 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
To hell with osu, this is 21st cenntury and not 19th century, if there is enuf luv in d relationship to carry u through, den marry the person u luv

16 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
undecidedThis isn't A sensitive issue!

She loves this guy for Christ's sake! Nothing should Be A barrier...Not even if he has AIDS...cool
why make silly family Traditions A priority?? Smh!

If eventually, She refuses to marry This guy... then, Trust me..She never loved him half as much as I Love my Puppy..undecided.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 12:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
sickstars:
Marry cos her parent ask her to
Nd not marry cos her parents ask her not to

Please ask her this

If u marry who u dont love cos of ur parents

When they are no more alive

How would she be ?
Wat will bcome of her life?

Parents family will always fight nd all
But once dey see u happy nd determined dey concur

I cant leave who i love so mch cos of family

I wud tell them its my happiness nt urs
My marriage nt urs

Dem kno me well for my family i take no bullsh*ts embarassed
Note this:
Before getting married to anyone, those that must give you their consent are;

1. you pastor or spiritual leader
2. parents
3. siblings
4. closest friends

If any of the above shouldnt concur, see to their reason and have a rethink!
#soft
http://datingyouths..com

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by emorse(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
This is why we must always preach love. Imagine this coming from a tribe that appeared so united for a certain cause just a fee weeks ago. Love is key.

When we start seeing one another as one instead of Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo, or Christians and Muslims, or Osu and sons if the soil, we would begin to make significant progress.

As for me, to hell with any form of segregation. As long as I love her and I'm sure she loves me too, I'm marrying her with or without anybody's consent.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

Note this:

2. parents
3. siblings
4. closest friends

#soft

Tank u

Its obvious number 1 nd 2 can never agree to my choice cry cry cry cry

Number 1 are even more religious than deeper life members

Number 2 na to purnish me for all d things wey i do
Dem tell me before dem go approve i wud av been deeply worried grin
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:
Note this: Before getting married to anyone, those that must give you their consent are;
1. you pastor or spiritual leader 2. parents 3. siblings 4. closest friends
If any of the above shouldnt concur, see to their reason and have a rethink! #soft
which rethink.why will they be dictating whom to marry? its your life,not theirs

40 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by CaroLyner(f): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Human beings and segregation!
It's ridiculous, to be very honest.
OP, we all face challenges in this life. I say go
ahead and marry him, but be prepared fro a lot
of backlash from your family and village.
I think the real reason why the older ones support the osu system, is not because they
really believe that osu are cursed, but because
they are internally terrified of going against
their society and being alienated. Especially
when they've achieved a level of respect,
wealth and prestige. They are terrified that they will lose all that if their child marries into a
'lower/inferior' class. It's pathetic!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Michellla(f): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
quite complicated

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Funminicrown: 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
OSU ko, OSUN ni......
I careless about you nor the groom to be but nothing should happen to that priceless gift in you.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Adamsdelrio(m): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
This OP is a very good script writer. Nollywood needs guys like you. When will you finish writing the part 2 of this story, OP?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
quiinnBee:

which rethink.why will they be dictating whom to marry?
its your life,not theirs
ok...

There are things they see... that you will never see!
Smoking is not good, maybe the smoker know or not...
But nomatter how much you talk, so far they have what
they are gaining, they wont listen...

Its only those outside it that knows that the end is destruction!
Just like the case of RELATIONSHIP!
#soft

5 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Michellla:
quite complicated
really complicated, as for me I advised her to go ahead with the wedding but she should consult wisely.. Osu caste system is a strong practice in Ibo land, although many villages in Ibo land are abolishing it due to civilization. But again it's a big issue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by rockyh(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
fromnigeria:
God bid, tell her she won't die.

They haven't trad, but are planning for wedding

What her to believe is that OSU is not greater than true love. I mean that age-long can now be broken, if the love is Love.
ar u an igbo person ,traditions ar meant to b upheld cos if she goes on wif d marriage she's on ha own mind u ha parent,siblings and kinsmen won't attend d wedding

6 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Richardonald(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
I wanted to say something..but d pregnancy issue,she should marry him and forget this odds system
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
This OP is a very good script writer. Nollywood needs guys like you. When will you finish writing the part 2 of this story, OP?
how do you mean?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmmm very sensitive issue. Relationship experts should come to her aid.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by emorse(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

Note this:

2. parents
3. siblings
4. closest friends

#soft

Sorry bro, but did I just read something about consent up there? The only person whose consent is totally important is the spouse. Others are honorary and can be done without.

24 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Like seriously, this is 2015 and in matter of days we'll be crossing over to 2016. What's with us and all these archaic bullshii? How can some set of people be tagged outcast? What makes them outcasts? Why can't we just open our eyes and see beyond all this bullshii for once? What's really wrong with us?
Isn't this one of reasons why we aren't progressing? This is really sickening to say the least

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by fromnigeria(m): 12:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
rockyh:
ar u an igbo person ,traditions ar meant to b upheld cos if she goes on wif d marriage she's on ha own mind u ha parent,siblings and kinsmen won't attend d wedding
My Brother as long as the love is love. I will do all to convince my pagan father and mother to come. If they don't alternatives abound.

4 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by emorse(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
rockyh:

So? This only shows they care more about their egos and one silly tradition than her happiness.

10 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by emorse(m): 12:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
fromnigeria:

My Brother as long as the love is love. I will do all to convince my pagan father and mother to come. If they don't alternatives abound.
Dazzall!!!

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
What is osu

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:

Sorry bro, but did I just read something about consent up there? The only person whose consent is totally important is the spouse. Others are honorary and can be done without.
OK>>>

your choice!

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
They should get married and live their lives...
Shes now pregnant so she shouldnt leave the man because of some barbaric belief .. Abeg if they love each other thats all that matters ..

4 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:
What is osu
Some cave man nonsense grin

10 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by ariesbull: 12:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice only because this is really a sensitive issue and it can happen to any female nairalander out there. Thanks

Mods please if you are kind enough, FP please.

Bullshit

I am an Igbo guy ..if they are Christians they should get married . OSU are kids that their forefathers are dedicated or served idols not in this modern age

She should get married

11 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
StrawberryCream:

Some cave man nonsense grin

Help me understand na undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Heartbreaking Story Of Nigerian Lady Her Fiance Married Another Woman Yesterday / I Stumbled On Wedding Pictures Of My Boyfriend On Instagram - Nigerian Lady / Man Trying To Sleep With Best Friend's Wife Caught In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.