Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,785 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! (64533 Views)

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left / Heartbroken Lady Calls On God After Loosing Her Fiance To Her Close Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by irondome: 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

Note this:
Before getting married to anyone, those that must give you their consent are;

1. you pastor or spiritual leader
2. parents
3. siblings
4. closest friends

If any of the above shouldnt concur, see to their reason and have a rethink!
#soft
http://datingyouths..com

What's the meaning of this bullshit? Would all these third parties live with you in your home? This was exactly how my grand parents literarily imposed a wife on my uncle and she ended up as a nutcase. Grand parents are now gone, unfortunately, this dude is still stuck with a mad wife in the name of christian marriage.

In my own opinion, genuine love should be pivotal in picking a life partner. And even at what, you still require a huge dose of God's grace to have a successful marriage.

My advice to the OP, screw the OSU and follow your heart. Make sure the love is mutual.

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by jasmines(f): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
@funkyibodude @donTbone @Michellla @STFUareyouGod @pinkbarbie @Nubian113 @Strawberrycream

What is osu?
Osus are people who were:
1. banished, sent into exile or cursed for an abominable deed committed by them or their parents. Deeds as grave as incest, incuring the wrath of the local deities through intentional or unintentional acts which in turn triggers a curse on the entire village and the likes.
2. People who are dedicated to serve the village Idols either by choice or force. Their entire lineage can't mix with others. These types often enjoy wealth and beauty from the deity they serve as long as they serve it and face tough battles if they stop.
3. Osus are sometimes people suspected or known to be possesed by powerful spirits capable of bringing ill fortune on the village or those around them and as such are bansished to live in the evil forest with other spirits.

Failing to steer from osus in the past have triggered rows of death, curse or ill-fortune in the family or entire clan of the offenders.

Support is needed from as many people as you can. LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH!!! If love is enough, why do couples break in as little as 1week. Why do ppl date scores of men whom they all loved at a point?

My advice: if she can bear being cut off from family and friends and bear whatever spiritual implications follows those families then she should go ahead.

If she wants to stop, she should xplain to her family that she is ready to do as they wish but she is already pregnant for the man then follow whatever they decide. She will not die if she doesnt marry the man. He's just one man.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by closetoyou(f): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Investigation after introduction.... Who does that
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 5:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
tranxo:
the only blessing you need is that of both parents. Period
Yes, but the advice of the spiritual head cant still be overlooked!
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Toks2008(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tales by moonlight
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by addictiv(m): 5:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
The Osu system is barbaric, and devilish just as killing of twins, slavery and offering human sacrifices are. It's very unfortunate that in this Morden generation folks are still allowing themselves to be brainwashed and deceived into stuff they don't even know how it all came about. There is a book on amazon by Chinedu Ihekoronye titled "The Outcast", which gives a deep insight into what the Osu system is all about. I recommend it for everyone.
I believe that the girls family doesn't just like the guy or may have a richer guy /family they want to marry their daughter and the best way to discredit the young man is to label him an Osu. Tell me if this osu issue would arise assuming the guy was a billionaire . I won't even want to be associated with anybody that believes in it. Make them no put soapwater inside my champagne.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by shegxi(m): 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tradition and religion.........limiting people since 1846bc. Rubbish!!!
For those shouting parents, so orphans no dey marry abi? Africans have bn making mockery of education, intelligence and common sense since time immemorial.
Last bullet------- u are limited by ur belief system and d choices u make.

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by femi4: 5:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:
What is osu
I think we need literature on this OSU thing. What is it all about?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
irondome:

What's the meaning of this bullshit? Would all these third parties live with you in your home? This was exactly how my grand parents literarily imposed a wife on my uncle and she ended up as a nutcase. Grand parents are now gone, unfortunately, this dude is still stuck with a mad wife in the name of christian marriage.

In my own opinion, genuine love should be pivotal in picking a life partner. And even at what, you still require a huge dose of God's grace to have a successful marriage.

My advice to the OP, screw the OSU and follow your heart. Make sure the love is mutual.
First, i said parents not grandparents?

in between! when the marital conflicts sets in, who will she/he run to?
The parent that was rubbished by not listening to them? undecided

We have more than a choice to make in marriage bro!

As for the God's grace...Yes, we so much need it.
But at the same time, wisdom is essential.

Mind you, God showing you your woman in your dream
doesnt mean u wont work b4 u get her...application of wisdom
only makes the dream come true!
#soft

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tuham:
Looking forward to meet Your puppy
LoL!tongue Okay?
he's A cutie by the way...wink

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by GboyegaD(m): 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

Note this:
Before getting married to anyone, those that must give you their consent are;

1. you pastor or spiritual leader
2. parents
3. siblings
4. closest friends

If any of the above shouldnt concur, see to their reason and have a rethink!
#soft
http://datingyouths..com

Fact is often times, those who don't concur are selfish. Why bring up a tradition to destroy your child's joy?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by tranxo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dbaroness:

Pls what is this OP thing i always see here? Wat does it mean?
how old are you please
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Amberon:
you have a puppy?
Is that A rhetorical question?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by CaroLyner(f): 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dbaroness:

Pls what is this OP thing i always see here? Wat does it mean?
original poster_the person that posted the topic

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

Fact is often times, those who don't concur are selfish. Why bring up a tradition to destroy your child's joy?
The traditional part...i dont agree with.

My opinion and comment is just for a rethink for those who think parental advice, ideas and consent on who to marry doesnt matter...
#soft

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by CaroLyner(f): 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
gudluckgreat:

Hmmm no my child. Don't discuss what u have not experienced
tell us about it then cheesy
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by feelme3(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

My opinion and comment is just for a rethink for those who think parental advice, ideas and consent on who to marry doesnt matter...
#soft

Matured mind. God bless you
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
jasmines:
@funkyibodude @donTbone @Michellla @STFUareyouGod @pinkbarbie @Nubian113 @Strawberrycream

What is osu?
1. banished, sent into exile or cursed for an abominable deed committed by them or their parents. Deeds as grave as incest, incuring the wrath of the local deities through intentional or unintentional acts which in turn triggers a curse on the entire village and the likes.
2. People who are dedicated to serve the village Idols either by choice or force. Their entire lineage can't mix with others. These types often enjoy wealth and beauty from the deity they serve as long as they serve it and face tough battles if they stop.
3. Osus are sometimes people suspected or known to be possesed by powerful spirits capable of bringing ill fortune on the village or those around them and as such are bansished to live in the evil forest with other spirits.

Failing to steer from osus in the past have triggered rows of death, curse or ill-fortune in the family or entire clan of the offenders.

Support is needed from as many people as you can. LOVE IS NOT ENOUGH!!! If love is enough, why do couples break in as little as 1week. Why do ppl date scores of men whom they all loved at a point?

My advice: if she can bear being cut off from family and friends and bear whatever spiritual implications follows those families then she should go ahead.

If she wants to stop, she should xplain to her family that she is ready to do as they wish but she is already pregnant for the man then follow whatever they decide. She will not die if she doesnt marry the man. He's just one man.
Making sense bro...
Love is never enough!

http://datingyouths..com.ng/2015/11/love-is-not-enough.html
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
feelme3:

Matured mind. God bless you
Amen sire! and you too smiley
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by GboyegaD(m): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
rockyh:
ar u an igbo person ,traditions ar meant to b upheld cos if she goes on wif d marriage she's on ha own mind u ha parent,siblings and kinsmen won't attend d wedding

Who among those you mentioned will live her marital life for her? What matters is her happiness and those who grace your wedding leave you to face the reality all by yourself.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice only because this is really a sensitive issue that involves tradition and beliefs, no attacking of any personality or ethnic group. it can happen to anyone out there. Thanks

When they were dating and fvcking around like rabbits, the parents did not know they should investigate, now things have gotten this advanced they want to end it... The guy is an outcast only in his village abi? who cares? I anything Village anyway so to hell with being banished from one rural village..... Marry the dude..... Feelings have gone too deep to just get thrown to the curb like a bag of beans. It's her life and nobody will live it for her. Nobody will carry her cross for her if she ends up with someone she's got no true feelings for..... She should follow her heart joor.... We are in the 21st century not some lame olden days....
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by GboyegaD(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:
What is osu

Ohio State University.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by mzvyne(f): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
I don't believe I need anybody's 'consent' but God's. Mom and Dad shud better pray I don't fall in love with one they term an 'OSU'... Cos neither hell nor highwaters will deter me.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Michellla(f): 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
jasmines:

What is osu?

eer from osus
okay thanks for clearing that up. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
mzvyne:
I don't believe I need anybody's 'consent' but God's. Mom and Dad shud better pray I don't fall in love with one they term an 'OSU'... Cos neither hell nor highwaters will deter me.

instead of you to pray for such not to happen your praying for it to happen. no1 will stop you from marrying the person mind you but they surely won't be present on your day including your extended family cus as ur clan is concern, you marrying an outcast makes u one already..for your information try chip in the story to your parents and hear the responds they will give back, before you come here showing of your prowess

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by GboyegaD(m): 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

#soft

It's one's life and nobody no matter how much they care lives the reality of marriage with you. As such, take your decision and stand by it.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
undecided
Thus reminds me of the book "Things fall apart" Chinua Achebe (I'm looking at the book now grin)

I agree "love" isn't enough But faith and God are... So it depends on the said lady's beliefs system undecided

jasmines:

What is osu?

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 6:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
GboyegaD:

It's one's life and nobody no matter how much they care lives the reality of marriage with you. As such, take your decision and stand by it.
ok...
if it was that easy, i wonder why we needed
shoulders to cry on in trying times....

You need to stop watching Nollywood and Hollywood! angry

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Lsofdk(m): 6:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:
This is why we must always preach love. Imagine this coming from a tribe that appeared so united for a certain cause just a fee weeks ago . Love is key.

When we start seeing one another a one instead of Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo, or Christians and Muslims, or Osu and sons if the soil, we would begin to make significant progress.

As for me, to hell with any form of segregation. As long as I love her and I'm sure she loves me too, I'm marrying her with or without anybody's consent.
op said no attacking of tribes, do you a problem understanding english without the bolded you would have made sense, makes me wonder how d remaining part came from someone stewpid.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Basildvalour(m): 6:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
JuanDeDios:

This is way more serious than you realise. If you have Igbo friends, ask them. It's not about being Christian or not - they fear social rejection if they let their daughter marry an Osu. Not even a bishop would risk it.

Well, it's her decision to make. She needs to consider the consequences of whatever she decides to do and ask herself if she can live with it. If she marries him her children will be deemed outcasts forever. Is she the type of person who can handle that prospect, can handle social rejection? If she can, kudos to her because we need people to blaze the trail and break this Osu caste thing.
Which would you rather prefer:

1. Be rejected by a group of racist

OR

2. Be rejected by love
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice only because this is really a sensitive issue that involves tradition and beliefs, no attacking of any personality or ethnic group. it can happen to anyone out there. Thanks

I advice you listen to this music called RUDE by magic.

And try to watch the video of the music also!
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by emorse(m): 6:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lsofdk:

op said no attacking of tribes, do you a problem understanding english without the bolded you would have made sense, makes me wonder how d remaining part came from someone stewpid.

I tried to put that under the radar as much as I could cos its effect is very important as the rest of my comment pointed out.
I'm sorry if I spoke directly to your conscience and you don't like it. The bolded just puts you on the same level as you presumed me to be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / Kenyan Lady Gets Pistol From Her Father As Gift, Warns Nigerian Guys. Photos / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.