Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! (64538 Views)

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left / Heartbroken Lady Calls On God After Loosing Her Fiance To Her Close Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lalasticlala
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

Help me understand na undecided
Lol think he was banish or something .. Lol dont even know what it means to be honest .
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
Op pls explain what OSU means
We ain't all bush tongue

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
StrawberryCream:

Lol think he was banish or something .. Lol dont even know what it means to be honest .

In 2016 lol Bollywood stories grin

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nubian113:

In 2016 lol Bollywood stories grin
Imagine .. 2016 n still stressing over tribal stuff
The fact that she us pregs disregards any stupiid tradition

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 1:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
StrawberryCream:
Op pls explain what OSU means
We ain't all bush tongue
Osu caste system is an ancient practice in Igbo land, in which somebody or a family is considered to be a property to the gods of the land they are considered sacred and some are used for sacrifice and are forbid to participate in any village activities or holding any title thus are banished and don't have any business with anyone. Most of them are extremely beautiful and very intelligent that's why the believe the belong to the gods and the posses special powers. That's in ancient Igbo land before civilization. Most villages in Igbo land have abolished this practice due to religion and civilization but some still consider this practice because of the fear of wrath of the gods. OSU normally marry themselves and if a freeborn marries an osu you are forbid to have a child with that person and you will equally be banished from the land.. Hope you are satisfied.

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
Osu caste system is an ancient practice in Igbo land, in which somebody or a family is considered to be a property to the gods of the land they are considered sacred thus some are banished and don't have any business with anyone. Most of them are extremely beautiful and very intelligent that's why the believe the belong to the gods and the posses special powers. That's in ancient Igbo land before civilization. Most villages in Igbo land have abolished this practice due to religion and civilization but some still consider this practice because of the fear of wrath of the gods. OSU normally marry themselves and if a freeborn marries an osu you are forbid to have a child with that person and you will equally be banished from the land.. Hope you are satisfied.
Perfect thank u
Understand berra now .. But hang on property of which gods??
That bit is a bit confusing ..
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Michellla(f): 1:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
really complicated, as for me I advised her to go ahead with the wedding but she should consult wisely.. Osu caste system is a strong practice in Ibo land, although many villages in Ibo land are abolishing it due to civilization. But again it's a big issue.
yes so true

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
StrawberryCream:

Perfect thank u
Understand berra now .. But hang on property of which gods??
That bit is a bit confusing ..
deities like amadioha, ikenga etc
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by TheAziz: 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
please what's osu
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Karleb(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Na una sabi.

But I have a question for the Igbos.

Will the OSU's be apart of Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Karleb:
Na una sabi.

But I have a question for the Igbos.

Will the OSU's be apart of Biafra?
Stop! Just stop

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Karleb(m): 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
Stop! Just stop

Stop?

I'm just curious, any problem with that?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by TunjiMsp: 2:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
Your tales by moonlight get K Leg, during the course of dating she didn't know he's an Osu, also, till the point they went for the introduction. So at the introduction, what were they discussing? Fuel subsidy or Dasukigate?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
I've heard about this OSU thingy but I really can't wrap my head around it. undecided
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
TunjiMsp:
Your tales by moonlight get K Leg, during the course of dating she didn't know he's an Osu, also, till the point they went for the introduction. So at the introduction, what were they discussing? Fuel subsidy or Dasukigate?
them dey write osu for face? After introduction her family investigated the guys family and made their discovery.. Maybe the guy ain't aware that he's an OSU. OSU is discovered by investigation especially when marriage is involved
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by annayawchee: 2:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
TunjiMsp:
how will she know? It is wen marriage talks is involve, the parents makes enquries about each others family trait e.g if madness or untimely death runs in there family and the issue of osu and ohu a comes in as well.

3 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
fromnigeria:

My Brother as long as the love is love. I will do all to convince my pagan father and mother to come. If they don't alternatives abound.

Sorry are you igbo? cus if your not then you won't understand..truth is this, both her parents and her people won't attend the wedding cus is a taboo..it is advisable before a person goes ahead with any wedding plans, they should investigate the spouse family to be sure of the lineage.

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by raziboi(m): 3:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice only because this is really a sensitive issue that involves tradition and beliefs, no attacking of any personality or ethnic group. it can happen to anyone out there. Thanks

am not am OSU.... Buh i see De world as a civilized place....

tell her to forget de shit..... no be God create them?

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Abee79(m): 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
It would have been much easier if there no f.ornication was involved in the first place sad
* It always has a way of complicating things for those who indulge in it . . .
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
For a preamble and for the benefit of those visitors without the necessary background knowledge of the subject here discussed, OSU, like the “Dalits” of India is a caste system in the Igbo speaking areas of South Eastern Nigeria, Africa. OSU are people tainted by their birth into a caste system that deems them impure and less human. According to legend, OSU came into being as a result of human sacrifice to the gods wherein a person usually a slave or a war-spoil, instead of being physically killed as a sacrifice to the gods is spared the butcher’s knife and instead dedicated symbolically to the deity as its’ property. The implication therefore is that such a person breathes and exists for the deity and none other; and assumes the stature of a lesser human who has been sacrificed as an offal to the gods. Regrettably these human-sacrifices married and procreated thus transferring unto their descendants the stigma of their “burnt-offering” status; which also make them properties of the gods that their forebears were sacrificed to. The downside is that these “people” because of their very lowly and sometimes “non-existent” status in the society are forced to reconcile their fate to the worthless and basest of a given Igbo society; wherein they found themselves and nobody seriously speaking, wants any association with them be it marriage, neighborhood, business and/or other associations that brings people together. One who is a free born cannot marry the lowly caste OSU and vice-versa. An OSU cannot also aspire to be a high chief or ruler/king in the society wherein they are born. This practice is prevalent within the Igbo society and its denial sometimes is for public relations purposes only. Several legislation have been targeted at this practice which so many have come to regard as inhuman practice aka man’s inhumanity to man; but is the OSU really man or human in the eye of the Igbo society wherein the practice thrives to date?
This blogger remembers quite vividly too, a traditional ruler (king) who wanted to outlaw the OSU practice. He summoned his Igwe - in- council (cabinet) for a parley wherein he intimated them of his intentions. According to the story, this Chief informed his council that he plans to outlaw the practice of OSU in his domain. After he finished speaking, one of the elders in the council raised his hand for recognition to speak or contribute to the deliberation. He was granted the floor to speak and all he did was ask the Chief if he would, as a show of goodwill allow his daughter to be married away to an OSU. The Chief was livid with anger and demanded to know where from the speaker got his audacity to speak on the subject as it appertains to his princess. And this was the last bus stop for the proposed legislation in the Igwe-n-councilThe irony for victims of OSU practice is that no amount of wealth they may acquire is ever enough to wash them off this stigma. Also their rise in the society of their ancestry is always stunted forcing most of them to take a long hard refuge in a foreign soil where they sometimes live out the rest of their lives agonizing of this fate; which though not self-inflicted but a result of generational apron string, are yoked down irrevocably to the tabooed status of being an OSU. It is such a very painful experience to undergo and no one should wish that - being an OSU on his worst enemy, indeed!
This blogger also knows one prominent well to do family who were living happily until one of the daughters decided to marry. She fell in love with this young medical doctor practicing in New York City – they moved in together and within nine months had a baby. Then the traditional marriage rites started in earnest wherein the man sent words to his family still in Nigeria to proceed with formalizing their relationship. Wherein it was discovered that the bride came from an OSU family and this was no brainier; so the child notwithstanding, the marriage or jactitation or semblance thereto has to be terminated [/b] forthwith because the father of the groom was a politician who would not want any taint whatsoever, of an OSU, as a daughter in-law. The girl moved to the west coast with her daughter and presently lives in southern California as a single mother. The groom has since re-married but the girl has not been that lucky as all the men who came around always jumps the ship as soon as the story of her ancestry reached their ears.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by anonimi: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Has she broken the news of her pregnancy to her own family?
If yes what was their reaction?
If no, then why not till now

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nawao. Just saw this

Barely nine days into the new year, Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State has stated 20 things Nigerians should expect to happen under the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government in 2016.

Fayose
Fayose
In a statement personally signed by Fayose, yesterday, he said: “Fellow Nigerians, I want you to take note of the followings that will unavoidably happen under the Buhari-led government in 2016.”

1. Workers Strike: There will be so much industrial unrest, especially in the first quarter of the year.

2. Subsidy: There will be removal of fuel subsidy and petrol (PMS) will sell over and above N100/litre, leaving the masses in more serious hardship. Product will not be available and long queue in petrol stations will persist throughout the first quarter of 2016 and beyond.

3. Electricity: Power generation will drop to the lowest ebb. Still, Federal Government will increase tariff in 2016.

4. Unemployment: Millions of jobs will be lost in 2016 as against the three million jobs promised by the APC yearly. Most States and Federal Government will retrench workers as evident in the over 2,000 Federal University workers already sacked.

5. Economic Policy: Most private owned middle-class businesses will fold up because of bad economic policies of the Buhari-led government.

6. Devaluation: The Naira will continue to have a free fall which will take it to as low as N320 to one Dollar.

7. Economy: The Buhari-led FG will have no solution to country’s economic problems.

8. Security: Boko Haram will keep spreading and the Shiite Muslims will get more emboldened.

9. Human Rights: Penchant for dictatorship will rise with rampant human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.

10. Anti-Corruption: Insincerity in the fight against corruption will continue and the fight will not only be selective and political, but targeted more at Southerners.

11. Elections: Attempt to forcefully control any of the South South States of Akwa Ibom, Rivers and Bayelsa by the APC will lead to unprecedented deaths.

12. Economy: Crude oil price will fall to below and about $30 per barrel.

13. Anti-Press Laws: The masses, especially men of the media profession will rise against the FG’s plot to deny Nigerians of their rights to freedom of expression. There will wide condemnations by Nigerians and the International community against President Buhari’s human rights abuses and disobedience to court orders.

14. Polity: Renewed efforts will be made to remove Senator Bukola Saraki as the Senate President; this will not only fail, but will heat the polity.

15. Hardships: Nigerians will experience more hardships. The President himself attested to this (THE SUN newspaper Tuesday, December 15, 2015). This obviously negates the change Nigerians voted for.

16. Elections: Plot by the APC to take control of at least one South South State will lead to death of many people. Particularly, rerun elections in Rivers and Akwa-Ibom States will cause many deaths.

17. Corruption: Halliburton scam may be revisited in 2016.

19. Kogi State: Court will sack Governor-Elect, Yahaya Bello.
Bayelsa State: Governor Seriake Dickson will win the supplementary election.
Taraba State: Governor Darius Ishaku will be victorious at the Court.

20. Politics: There will be subtle political alignment and realignment before the end of the year ahead of 2019 elections.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Skywalker5(m): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Typical Africans practicing intra-racism. Yet you complain when it happens to you

3 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 4:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
anonimi:

Has she broken the news of her pregnancy to her own family?
If yes what was their reaction?
If no, then why not till now
I don't think so
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by HopeAtHand: 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Igbo people problems plenty.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by sanity12(m): 4:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
Booked grin
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Ijaya123: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
I don't see any difficult thing here. I discovered that Nnamdi Kanu is also an OSU and he seems to have a large followership, then he is no more an outcast. The guy should simply follow the footstep of Kanu. The family of the girl will begin to support the guy.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by sucess001(m): 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmm. wisdom is needed here.

perhaps she shud tell her father she is pregnant with his child. i am sure that alone is enough for him to reconsider his position.

parents, siblings and friend's views matter.

they all form part of your world...
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Sunnycliff(m): 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rhesusmonkey:
To hell with osu, this is 21st cenntury and not 19th century,

Easier said than done!
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by officialmcfresh1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Love should be stronger than any stupid tradition. What nonsense is that in this modern age. Hmm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / Kenyan Lady Gets Pistol From Her Father As Gift, Warns Nigerian Guys. Photos / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.