Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! (64534 Views)

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left / Heartbroken Lady Calls On God After Loosing Her Fiance To Her Close Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Monalisa185(f): 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Geraraheremehn:

Zdat ya advice?
the advice is still in progress... check baq later cheesy
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Flameneo:
Hmmmm !
@OP Does this osu of a thing have any spiritual implication ? Or its just a cultural thing

If it does,I advice you to stay away, and if it doesn't, I will advice you to look for pple who can talk to your parent to make them understand.

You n your partner will be in charge of your happiness if it does not have any spiritual implication

Yes it does. The same shiiiiit cost my sister her intended marriage to one fine guy. In my own case, she thought I was
an Osu because we own two different houses located just at the boundry in two Osu villages. She and her family just concluded
without proper investigation. In the end na she cry... grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:

check this out bro [url] http://news.uic.edu/new-treatment-for-sickle-cell-brings-hope-and-a-cure-to-chicago-area-patients[/url]

how many people are lucky to have access to it and am sure you read the part they said they have been in and out the hospital all their life before the cure came and do you know the pain they went through, my bro you don't want to imagine?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by jidxin(m): 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
schumastic:

what are you saying undecided so if your above 21 u won't seek your parents consent when you plan on getting married or do you think marriage only ends between the two couples?

PICTURE THIS: when you go against your family disapproval and on the wedding day non of your family or relatives or clan appear at the occasion and disassociates with you after the marriage then you will know why you need their consent.
im just sayin...under d requsite law btw it has happnd b4 notin new u ve friends collegue nd some naughty family of urs ur neigbhours could make it all 4 u
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 7:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
mzvyne:

The children Ofcourse....

how can u equate genotype incompatibility with segregation ?

your mixing it up..tradition goes a long way, take for instance till date the first son of a man in an igbo land is entitled to his father building irrespective of his siblings and the ladies once married don't get anything mean while in the yoruba tradition they share everything equally and so many others which i won't like to start mentioning..quite alright is really bad no doubt about it but there is solution to it which is very expensive to pay..
that's why they advice young people to travel home and know more about their culture and people..this days you see guys and girls who have had sexual intercourse not knowing they are related cus they don't visit home or know their extended families..
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
jidxin:
im just sayin...under d requsite law btw it has happnd b4 notin new u ve friends collegue nd some naughty family of urs ur neigbhours could make it all 4 u

if that's the case then get the blessing from them and not your parents and family cus they won't giv one neither will they be there for you...is even in the bible give what belongs to caesar to caesar and what belongs to God to God.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Monalisa185(f): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Fourwinds:
they didn't waste time... they have done the main the main already....nine months counting

I dey tell you oooo
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Monalisa185(f): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
hustler86:

Thers nothing new in this world we leaving babe.
Btw the face rili luk so mean, buh d beautiful heart behind it is wht I wna meet up 4a chat or the likes. If u dnt mind kffb or 07062655071whtsap
undecided
hustler86:

Thers nothing new in this world we leaving babe.
Btw the face rili luk so mean, buh d beautiful heart behind it is wht I wna meet up 4a chat or the likes. If u dnt mind kffb or 07062655071whtsap
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Spirit1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
V0lv0:
In this day and age people still are caught up in this shiit. When will we black people be delivered from all this nonsense. Smdfh

Keep calling it shit. Why don't you go and marry an Osu if you are Igbo
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 7:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spirit1:

some of the peeps here blabbing don't even know the road to their village or visit home so why won't they end up saying what they don't understand..
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by addictiv(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spirit1:

Sir are you an Igbo man? Do you have Osu in your part of Igbo? If you do am sure you will be sounding differently
I am not just an igbo man but an mbaise man from one one of the historic families in igboland and I can tell you that we don't believe in the osu system. My kids are free to marry anybody that is said to be an outcast. If you won't show up at my wedding because I am marrying an outcast, it's your loss. I saw my parents build their little empire from scratch without a dime or assistance from anyone so the issue of family members deserting you when you re in need is a deceptive ploy. The osu caste system is devilish and barbaric n so is anybody believes and practises it. There are far more important things to worry about when choosing a life partner .

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Spirit1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lerumo:
Please love is not enough. This Osu thing is a very serious matter and should be taken as such.
My candid advice, listen to your parents and present your current situation to them and work things out with them.
It's not too late to fix things.

P.S. when dem tell una to hold body until marriage una no go listen.

Thanks for a great advise to her. Some people are here shouting Christianity. This is not a church or Christian matter. It is culture simple. Even oyibo that you borrowed Christianity from have their culture and they respect it.
The stress of a free born marrying an Osu is too much. Let Osu marry their own. After all they typically have the best looking girls and most educated in Igbo land.

The so called boy friend knows that he is an Osu , why didn't he tell the poor girl on time.
Why can't people see this guy as being a fraud, by hiding this information? Rather he went and pregnanted the poor girl.
Where is the trust in this relationship sef?
He clearly knows the implications of being an Osu in Igbo land. He knew this might be a big problem. He should have warned her.
That's what you do when you truly love someone. You don't trap them and then turn around to blame her family.

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
addictiv:

I am not just an igbo man but an mbaise man from one one of the historic families in igboland and I can tell you that we don't believe in the osu system. My kids are free to marry anybody that is said to be an outcast. If you won't show up at my wedding because I am marrying an outcast, it's your loss. I saw my parents build their little empire from scratch without a dime or assistance from anyone so the issue of family members deserting you when you re in need is a deceptive ploy. The osu caste system is devilish and barbaric n so is anybody believes and practises it.
brother chill I understand smiley... I'm also from Imo state. Orlu to be precise
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by harsysky(m): 7:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
Some things are easier said than done. The girl is between the devil and the deep blue sea , that is , thinking about the pregnancy and the family's consent.

Questions like , " does one need his/her parents consent before marrying?" , " What are those honors we give to our parents?", "am I strong enough to live through this whole thing?" arise in a delicate situation like this. Everyone needs his/her parents' consent, whether you like it or not.

My humble Opinion is don't tell that friend of yours to go on simply because majority here, on Nairaland, say so. Instead, tell her to go on if she has the strength-- the Mental strength. Believe me , it's not gonna be easy as most people ,here, think, especially in a village they still practise it much.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by bettyoge: 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
When its comes to osu , their s nothing like bin civilised abt it , I really feel bad abt this osu issues I got a frnd DAT it happened to , d guys parenta didn't even want her cos of d osu issues , the culture I guess cnt be abolished, its respected, had a case were by they went ahead wit it , the marriage became something else , they lady had to leave her husband n her son n was purified bfore she wld enter her family house. Terrible culture , in some village u cnt eat frm their house or even drink water .in my place the first thing they ask u, if u coming for a lady's hand in marriage is abt d osu stuff, u dare not lie abt it . I really feel bad for her honestly I do, buh for me , I knw the implications abt it , won't go ahead . If its just bin an osu, its differnt , buh I guess their more to it .
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 7:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:

I speak as an individual. I know no tribe or religion. My stance is based on the the fact that love and respect must be mutual. If my family love me, they should value my happiness more than a simple tradition which I believe has no more value than the killing of twins in the days of Mary Slessor.

I concur that winning them over is a more diplomatic means though.

don't you get it at all? you can't win them over..you think is mere talk right okay let me tell you something..

my mum friend whom her daughter got married to an osu man after much warnings from her family.. she gave birth and her mum visited her after ignoring plea from her husband not to go but due to the love she have for her daughter she went coming back she was involve in a ghastly motor accident and was the only person that died..my mum made it clear to me that she will accept any 1 but not an osu and if i go ahead with it then am on my own cus she won't risk her life because of my ignorance...even though nobody wish for it we just have to be careful, do the needful and avoid story that touch.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Spirit1(m): 7:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
Why can't people see this guy as being a fraud, by hiding this information from the poor girl? Rather he went and pregnanted the poor girl.

He clearly knows the implications of being an Osu in Igbo land. He knew this might be a big problem. He can't claim he doesn't know, because Osu is what you are born with and the family know very well the implications. He should have warned her.
That's what you do when you truly love someone. You don't trap them and then turn around to blame her family.

Let him leave this poor family alone that are practicing their culture as they deem fit. Let us not demonize them please.

It's like being HIV positive and hiding it from your prospective spouse. The only reason you will hide it is because you are scared he or she will run.
Is it right to wait until you have infected your prospective spouse ( pregnanted her in this case) before telling her.

What's the morale in this story. This guy is mean. Let him go marry his own!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by V0lv0(f): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spirit1:

Clearly I am no match for your level of ignorance. Ignorance is indeed bliss. Please don't quote me again.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by uniquejessy(f): 7:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dis is jack shit
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by bewla(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please I would appreciate matured advice only

[/quote] Beautiful story. But she dont say u may not since u can explain to us gently pls tell the guy ur self and save us the trouble of cracking brain
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by bettyoge: 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmm me am frm owerri , we knw the tradition, u sounding agitated abt it , buh no offence for u 2 sound dis way, paranoid, angry n stuffs, am guessing mayb , just mayb . Lemme kip quite sha . I cnt its only dose , any way forget.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Spirit1(m): 7:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
addictiv:

I am not just an igbo man but an mbaise man from one one of the historic families in igboland and I can tell you that we don't believe in the osu system. My kids are free to marry anybody that is said to be an outcast. If you won't show up at my wedding because I am marrying an outcast, it's your loss. I saw my parents build their little empire from scratch without a dime or assistance from anyone so the issue of family members deserting you when you re in need is a deceptive ploy. The osu caste system is devilish and barbaric n so is anybody believes and practises it. There are far more important things to worry about when choosing a life partner .

Thank you Mbaise man. Go ahead and marry an Osu and then let's see you proudly declare again that you are an Mbaise man.
Easier said than done.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Spirit1(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
V0lv0:

Clearly I am no match for your level of ignorance. Ignorance is indeed bliss. Please don't quote me again.

Thank you educated wise man from the east. Again it's simple, go and marry an Osu if you are a free born.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
For all those that don't understand, OSU caste system is a strong practice in Igbo land. It's a very delicate issue and I feel for my friend. She's lucky because she ain't one, that would have been disastrous for her. And all of you here telling her to forget tradition and get married, hmmm it's easier said than done. No marriage in Igbo land is successful without your peoples backing. Except you decide to relocate forever and forget about your home town. But then it's not easy too
. I advised her to consult wisely before taking any decision. Her main problem now is breaking the news to her fiance, because she said that he doesn't seem to know that he's an OSU and he's the only child of his parents and he didn't grow up in the east
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by V0lv0(f): 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spirit1:

Thank you educated wise man from the east. Again it's simple, go and marry an Osu if you are a free born.

Firstly I am not a man. Secondly if you have a problem with 'Osu', nobody said you should marry them but don't be upset for those who do not have a problem with it. I personally feel that such believe is outdated but my opinion so let it rest
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by porshuch: 8:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice only because this is really a sensitive issue that involves tradition and beliefs, no attacking of any personality or ethnic group. it can happen to anyone out there. Thanks

IF SHE LOVES THE GUY, TELL HER TO GO AHEAD AND MARRY HIM, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM. I MEAN NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Spirit1(m): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
V0lv0:

Firstly I am not a man. Secondly if you have a problem with 'Osu', nobody said you should marry them but don't be upset for those who do not have a problem with it. I personally feel that such believe is outdated but my opinion so let it rest

No wonder. Now I see. With all due respect; do you know who are the custodians of culture in Mbaise? I shouldn't have replied you all this while. Your response says it all.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 8:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
porshuch:
IF SHE LOVES THE GUY, TELL HER TO GO AHEAD AND MARRY HIM, NOTHING WILL HAPPEN TO THEM. I MEAN NOTHING WILL HAPPEN.
easier said than done, that practice is strong in Ibo land, though I don't support it..
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by funkyibodude(m): 8:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spirit1:
Why can't people see this guy as being a fraud, by hiding this information from the poor girl? Rather he went and pregnanted the poor girl.

He clearly knows the implications of being an Osu in Igbo land. He knew this might be a big problem. He can't claim he doesn't know, because Osu is what you are born with and the family know very well the implications. He should have warned her.

Let him leave this poor family alone that are practicing their culture as they deem fit. Let us not demonize them please.

It's like being HIV positive and hiding it from your prospective spouse. The only reason you will hide it is because you are scared he or she will run.
Is it right to wait until you have infected your prospective spouse ( pregnanted her in this case) before telling her.

What's the morale in this story. This guy is mean. Let him go marry his own!!!!
lol you seem to dislike OSU people
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by mzvyne(f): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:

You remember how we used to kill our twins until a certain Mary Slessor persuaded us to stop right?

Sir, I don't remember Oh... I wasn't born then. smiley
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by emorse(m): 8:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
schumastic:

don't you get it at all? you can't win them over..you think is mere talk right okay let me tell you something..

my mum friend whom her daughter got married to an osu man after much warnings from her family.. she gave birth and her mum visited her after ignoring plea from her husband not to go but due to the love she have for her daughter she went coming back she was involve in a ghastly motor accident and was the only person that died..my mum made it clear to me that she will accept any 1 but not an osu and if i go ahead with it then am on my own cus she won't risk her life because of my ignorance...even though nobody wish for it we just have to be careful, do the needful and avoid story that touch.

Oh now I get where you're coming from. I'm sorry, I don't do "spiritual". Not condemning your spiritual inclinations though.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by emorse(m): 8:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
mzvyne:

Sir, I don't remember Oh... I wasn't born then. smiley
Lol. Neither was I. But I'm sure you heard/read about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / Kenyan Lady Gets Pistol From Her Father As Gift, Warns Nigerian Guys. Photos / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.