Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,183 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! (64529 Views)

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left / Heartbroken Lady Calls On God After Loosing Her Fiance To Her Close Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by ucheheart(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:
Note this: Before getting married to anyone, those that must give you their consent are;
1. you pastor or spiritual leader 2. parents 3. siblings 4. closest friends
If any of the above shouldnt concur, see to their reason and have a rethink! #soft http://datingyouths..com
smelly bull sh.it

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by ucheheart(m): 5:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
The same reason why biafra will never work in igbo land. Igbo are not and will never be one. Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by gudluckgreat(m): 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
CaroLyner:
Human beings and segregation!
It's ridiculous, to be very honest.
OP, we all face challenges in this life. I say go
ahead and marry him, but be prepared fro a lot
of backlash from your family and village.
I think the real reason why the older ones support the osu system, is not because they
really believe that osu are cursed, but because
they are internally terrified of going against
their society and being alienated. Especially
when they've achieved a level of respect,
wealth and prestige. They are terrified that they will lose all that if their child marries into a
'lower/inferior' class. It's pathetic!

Hmmm no my child. Don't discuss what u have not experienced
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by oc2fish: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Orikinla:
True Christians don't practice OSU. It is not of God, but of idol worship. Now, if both of them are true Christians, they should discuss it with their pastor and if he is a true man of God they will marry as ordained by God. If both of them are true Christians they can marry. We must only fear God and nothing else. But if they don't conquer their fears, their fears will conquer them.

Well no igbo lady will marry the guy. Your offspring will be outcast in ibo land no matter their level of afluence. As an Osu they will never lead a clan. Your children will ever be second class citizen in the village. I am a Christian, educated my children will never marry any one with any form of 'O' TAKELESS of complete OSU. for your information OSU is like 'ABAOBAKU'. In Ibo land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Applaner: 5:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
pls tell ur friend to ve a rethink.
if she is not ready to accept de price DAT was paid on de cross of calvary (DAT price destroyed every tradition) den she shldn't marry.

traditions don't just happen.
dere were prices DAT were paid by our forefathers b/4 any tradition was established.
blood were shed

and dere are certain calamities DAT befalls one if u break any tradition.

DAT is Y Jesus came, shed his blood and paid de ultimate price . He freed us from de tradition of men.

so pls, if she has not received Christ into her life, she shldn't attempt breaking any tradition.

thank you
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
ucheheart:
smelly bull sh.it
Ok....
Mention me again and you die! tongue
Must you rubbish my opinion? angry
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by royaldok: 5:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
No be only OSU, na UNIBEN
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by gudluckgreat(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:

Sorry bro, but did I just read something about consent up there? The only person whose consent is totally important is the spouse. Others are honorary and can be done without.

Lol u speak like a kid.
Imagine a world without your parents,siblings and Kinsmen.
U will be like the nza d who after having a nice meal challenged his chi to a fight
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by damthyhafix(m): 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
She shld just break d news 2 her husband with one mind.
with alot of prayers and fasting all this OSU of a tin will not come 2 existence, let her 2 kip loving
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by chillingbabe: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Nigayoyo post=41246205][/quote] Mumu..you came to correct the typo errors..Is that wat the Op asked for?

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by gudluckgreat(m): 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
ariesbull:

Bullshit

I am an Igbo guy ..if they are Christians they should get married . OSU are kids that their forefathers are dedicated or served idols not in this modern age

She should get married

Lol you are not an Igbo man or u were raised in Lagos.
Inasmuch as I don't discriminate anyone. Everyone should marry their kind!
Trust me I have seen its consequences

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by ucheheart(m): 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ok smelly fvcking bull sh.it. I won see wether ur juju strong pass my own.
donTbone:

Ok....
Mention me again and you die! tongue
Must you rubbish my opinion? angry

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
chillingbabe:
Mumu..you came to correct the typo errors..Is was that wat the Op asked for?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by kaka74: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Estharfabian:
undecidedThis isn't A sensitive issue!

She loves this guy for Christ's sake! Nothing should Be A barrier...Not even if he has AIDS...cool
why make silly family Traditions A priority?? Smh!

If eventually, She refuses to marry This guy... then, Trust me..She never loved him half as much as I Love my Puppy..undecided.

Atarro mu unu, unu amaro ife bu osu
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Soteriahascome: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
When You Don't Know Who You Are Or Your Real Nature, Identity Or Name. Get Ready To Answer Whatever You Are Called...
Some will call you Outcast or outsider...
We re all created in the image and likeness of God the creator. And we are what God says we re...

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by jidxin(m): 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

Note this:
Before getting married to anyone, those that must give you their consent are;

1. you pastor or spiritual leader
2. parents
3. siblings
4. closest friends

If any of the above shouldnt concur, see to their reason and have a rethink!
#soft
http://datingyouths..com
lmao pls dont say wat u dont know.

U only needs d parents consent if she is less dan 21 so it means u dont need anybodys consent wen u re abv21

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by TomMary(f): 5:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist in getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies than not marry him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice
e only because this is really a sensitive issue that involves tradition and beliefs, no attacking of any personality or ethnic group. it can happen to anyone out there. Thanks

God in heaven parents still out to frustrate their own child's happiness in this era...God is in control if they are meant to be God will conquer all temptations

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Dbaroness(f): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
CaroLyner:
Human beings and segregation!
It's ridiculous, to be very honest.
OP, we all face challenges in this life. I say go
ahead and marry him, but be prepared fro a lot
of backlash from your family and village.
I think the real reason why the older ones support the osu system, is not because they
really believe that osu are cursed, but because
they are internally terrified of going against
their society and being alienated. Especially
when they've achieved a level of respect,
wealth and prestige. They are terrified that they will lose all that if their child marries into a
'lower/inferior' class. It's pathetic!

Pls what is this OP thing i always see here? Wat does it mean?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by donTbone(m): 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
jidxin:

U only needs d parents consent if she is less dan 21 so it means u dont need anybodys consent wen u re abv21
ok...

And who will she run to when probs start happening in the future? undecided undecided undecided undecided

Always think beyond the present bro!
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Brookcherith(m): 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
OSU? if the guy looked OSU she would have noticed before the family investigation was concluded. it the mean that OSU is not a gene and is not written on the face. it also mean that she can marry the guy and be happy because OSU don't affect how u love.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by chillingbabe: 5:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Nigayoyo post=41247089][/quote] Anuofia,Quote me again.Ezi nwuranwu!
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dbaroness:

Pls what is this OP thing i always see here? Wat does it mean?

Original Poster
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by ngmgeek(m): 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
The Osu caste system is so real among the igbo people. Generations have tried to eradicate this evil practice but all to no avail. The fact that these people even call themselves Christians makes it even more shameful, pathetic and disgusting.

The irony is that these are the same people who are claiming that they are being marginalized and discriminated against.

The Osu Caste system is a collective shame among igbo people and other tribes that practice it. undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Shikena(m): 5:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
Culture and tradition. Reflections of the knowledge and understanding of a people at every point in time. Please free yourself from mental incarceration.
Rule of Thumb - If the practice of the requirements of any culture and tradition brings love, joy, peace and progress then embrace it if that is your wish, if not pls free yourself from the shackles of past generations. Culture and tradition evolves. Cows are gods in some culture, twins were evil in some others, in other cultures tribes other than theirs were evil and even in others human flesh was the most delicious suya ever.
Don't ever allow culture and tradition deny you your God-given liberty.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Amberon: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
you have a puppy?
Estharfabian:
undecidedThis isn't A sensitive issue!

She loves this guy for Christ's sake! Nothing should Be A barrier...Not even if he has AIDS...cool
why make silly family Traditions A priority?? Smh!

If eventually, She refuses to marry This guy... then, Trust me..She never loved him half as much as I Love my Puppy..undecided.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by 2016Utmerunz: 5:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
HUM
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Geraraheremehn: 5:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Monalisa185:
shocked

Zdat ya advice?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
jidxin:

what are you saying undecided so if your above 21 u won't seek your parents consent when you plan on getting married or do you think marriage only ends between the two couples?

PICTURE THIS: when you go against your family disapproval and on the wedding day non of your family or relatives or clan appear at the occasion and disassociates with you after the marriage then you will know why you need their consent.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Lordave: 5:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
This OP is a very good script writer. Nollywood needs guys like you. When will you finish writing the part 2 of this story, OP?
God bless you.

It's a pity many people believed this lie.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by akajos4real: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
What advise does she want again when she has made her decision.
She must be a life and live means she must marry the guy and let her family go.
So the issue is resolved. QED
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by tranxo(m): 5:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
donTbone:

Note this:
Before getting married to anyone, those that must give you their consent are;

1. you pastor or spiritual leader
2. parents
3. siblings
4. closest friends

If any of the above shouldnt concur, see to their reason and have a rethink!
#soft
http://datingyouths..com
the only blessing you need is that of both parents. Period
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by feelme3(m): 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:

Sorry bro, but did I just read something about consent up there? The only person whose consent is totally important is the spouse. Others are honorary and can be done without.

Bro, I don't know about islam, but FYI, for christians (heck, morally) the consent of the bride's parents or family goes a long way to determine if the marriage will happen, unless you never marry sha.

Reading a lot of people saying she should go against her family and marry, you never know the true meaning of WAR until you find yourself up in arms against your family.

Beliefs and traditions are very sensitive issues and as much as most people will think or "feel" its easy to tell her to go ahead and bone her people, na when you enter her shoes you go know.

If she wants to make a headway, the key is to start building allies, starting with her siblings, then aunties and uncles. Believe me, its not an easy one, my father in-law was against my marrying her daughter. We were at faceoff for 3 full years and that was the period I gradually won over my wife's siblings, mom and some aunt. In the end, I had one of the sweetest but brief relationship with him before he passed on two months after I did my trad. Funnily, he was even fighting against his kinsmen during the negotiation.
The key here is genuine love. True love can never be broken and will endure every test of time.
Pray for grace and patience, patience, patience. You both will tell your love story to your kids.
NOTE: Don't fight your family and talk the issue over with your man. If he truly loves you he will be the one to stand behind you through it all. Its gonna be a looong road but maybe not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / Kenyan Lady Gets Pistol From Her Father As Gift, Warns Nigerian Guys. Photos / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.