Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos (86234 Views)

Governor Fayose Welcomes Osinbajo To Ekiti (Photos) / Fayose Wore Shorts To May Day Celebration In Ekiti (Photos) / Fayose Went To Market After Protest Against Him In Ekiti. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Roadmap27(m): 12:51am On Dec 24, 2015
Illiteracy kill, ignorance kill, these lead our people to abject poverty, and cause them to exchange their future for food. Hmmm average Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 12:51am On Dec 24, 2015
KingAdeOluomo1:
[right]am not even an ekiti indigene ooo
Bro der nothing to be shameful about

You are always missing the point. As a Nigerian you should feel ashamed. This is the internet. You think this site is only accessed by Nigerians? I am thoroughly embarrassed by what fayose is doing. But that's me. I have self respect.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by omonnakoda: 12:51am On Dec 24, 2015
Bollinger:

I have no problem with people giving. What i do have a problem with is the manner in which he is doing it. I also have a problem with the fact that you don't see anything wrong with it as well. If i were you i'd feel ashamed and if i was a resident to Ekiti state, i'd feel insulted. Make my life better by doing your job which is providing employment and the proper infrastructures. Not sharing rice.
What Manner. What do you mean exactly ? That you'd feel insulted ? Is that a matter of idiosyncratic personal taste or some higher principle that you can articulate coherently?
In the US there is such a thing as FOOD STAMPS many people feel shamed when they present them. There is nothing dignified about poverty and there is no honourable way to receive charity but what has to be done must be done.How it is done is a matter of detail

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by BobUg28(m): 12:53am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

This is a backward mentality sir. Why did you go to school instead of telling your parents to use the money to buy foodstuff? I believe you are educated for a reason...

The Governor of a state is meant to invest in progress that will boost the human capital of the state as well as create opportunities. He (his government) could even partner with financial institutions for soft loans to a target, make the state industrially attractive to draw investors and even maximising tourism potentials of the state. This will create jobs, uplift some people out of poverty and make some employers of labour. This means Ekiti people will not only eat rice on christmas day but will also have the cash to have fun and keep filling their stomach beyond Fayose.

Boss ,I second your opinion jeree!

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 12:53am On Dec 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
What Manner. What do you mean exactly ? That you'd feel insulted ? Is that a matter of idiosyncratic personal taste or some higher principle that you can articulate coherently?

I feel insulted that as a Nigerian i realise that there are Nigerians who still believe that this is what governance is. Even more that they try to justify it.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by omonnakoda: 12:56am On Dec 24, 2015
Bollinger:

I feel insulted that as a Nigerian i realise that there are Nigerians who still believe that this is what governance is. Even more that they try to justify it.
You are repeating your self can you find an intelligible form of words to convey why we should share your sentiments
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 1:02am On Dec 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
You are repeating your self can you find an intelligible form of words to convey why we should share your sentiments

Bro's i just did. It is no fault of mine that you cannot comprehend it. You mentioned food stamp programme which is done by the US. I'm glad you did. Here is how it works.

1. You must be in a database to qualify.

2. You must be looking for unemployment.

3. You must be drug free.

4. You have 7 month to get a job or you are cut off from the programme.

5. You must have filed a tax return 48 months prior to requesting unemployment benefits.

Do you see how organised it is? Does that equate to what is being done in Ekiti/Nigeria? The guy is randomly sharing rice and you are ok with that.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Ojady(m): 1:03am On Dec 24, 2015
bfatoba:

Sometimes when I'm in a good mood, I like to throw some rice to the Chickens around my house... I'm being very literal here...
Does that mean, I've got a governors state of mind
Iranu.... bro whats your IQ?

My IQ?! You dont want to go there mate!! You just showed the state and level of your IQ... You talk about being 'very literal here' so the Ekiti people in the picture smiling and lining up, are, according to your concept of "...a governor's state of mind' Chickens yeah?
You sure having a laugh...Even at Christmas, your IQ lacks the tangible understanding commensurate to a chicken... #bringitoneffingcunt bfatoba
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Collins9156(m): 1:05am On Dec 24, 2015
Man of the Year.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by agrovick(m): 1:08am On Dec 24, 2015
Are u a rice scavenger? grin
Deefuray:
I like this man
BTW, Fayose is a dolt for bringing up this kind of degrading idea, he should spend more time in developing his state and people. Which way Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by omonnakoda: 1:10am On Dec 24, 2015
Bollinger:

Bro's i just did. It is no fault of mine that you cannot comprehend it. You mentioned food stamp programme which is done by the US. I'm glad you did. Here is how it works.

1. You must be in a database to qualify.

2. You must be looking for unemployment.

3. You must be drug free.

4. You have 7 month to get a job or you are cut off from the programme.

5. You must have filed a tax return 48 months prior to requesting unemployment benefits.

Do you see how organised it is? Does that equate to what is being done in Ekiti/Nigeria? The guy is randomly sharing rice and you are ok with that.
That makes it better. in your book not mine ultimately you have not articulated any principles just emotions and personal choice . Your visceral instinctive dislike does invalidate or delegitimize his actions. Everything has a context and the context here is 2015 Ekiti not some imaginary lala land That is the Ekiti reality and there is nothing wrong sharing rice to those who require it

If you have been in a position to require rice then you would understand and spare us this self indulgent hang wringing vacuous platitudes
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by crownprince102: 1:13am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have been witholding my position on Fayose's style of 'governance' all these whÍle. I think it's time to express it.

With due respect to Governor Ayo Fayose and his supporters, I think the Governor is abusing governance and is damaging the psyche of average Ekiti indigene on the responsibility of government by his actions.

His stomach infrastructure program has made government to be a "come and chop" affair. Instead of devoting such resources towards capacity building that will boost the human development of Ekiti people, and also wealth creation programs that will empower Ekiti people to be able to increase their financial capacity and build Ekiti economy, the governor rather spend it on non productive stomach infrastructure.

This pattern of sharing rice, cutting animal skin(kpomo), buying seasoning etc doesn't help the state go grow. Has he asked himself, "after eating the rice, what next for the people?" Will he feed them three times in a day? Will he give them money to buy cloths? Will he give them Shelter? Will he 'dash' the people automobile? How can his people get these without real empowerment?

I pray the Governor doesn't carry this form of governance(misgovernance) into the new year! He may not be the worst Governor but he needs to change...
for the first time.......... You made some sense.

Nice comment I must say. You spoke my mind

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by agrovick(m): 1:14am On Dec 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
In the US there is such a thing as FOOD STAMPS many people feel shamed when they present them. There is nothing dignified about poverty and there is no honourable way to receive charity but what has to be done must be done.How it is done is a matter of detail
So in other news; you are saying Fayose is the model governor?
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 1:17am On Dec 24, 2015
omonnakoda:

That makes it better. in your book not mine ultimately you have not articulated any principles just emotions and personal choice . Your visceral instinctive dislike does invalidate or delegitimize his actions. Everything has a context and the context here is 2015 Ekiti not some imaginary lala land That is the Ekiti reality and there is nothing wrong sharing rice to those who require it

Fortunately for me, normal societies agree with me. If they didn't they would be randomly providing social relief to it's citizens. Which they don't. If Fayose/Ekiti had a database where we can track who got what and when, i would have no problems. Or a transparent means to track how much is being spent on social welfare, even better. This is a recipe for embezzlement. It is amusing to me that you would use a legitimate social programme (unemployment benefit) to make your argument and flip back to the usual "na naija we de" mentality when it suits you. You can't have it both ways. You either do it the right way or you don't.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by anwe: 1:18am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I have been witholding my position on Fayose's style of 'governance' all these whÍle. I think it's time to express it.

With due respect to Governor Ayo Fayose and his supporters, I think the Governor is abusing governance and is damaging the psyche of average Ekiti indigene on the responsibility of government by his actions.

His stomach infrastructure program has made government to be a "come and chop" affair. Instead of devoting such resources towards capacity building that will boost the human development of Ekiti people, and also wealth creation programs that will empower Ekiti people to be able to increase their financial capacity and build Ekiti economy, the governor rather spend it on non productive stomach infrastructure.

This pattern of sharing rice, cutting animal skin(kpomo), buying seasoning etc doesn't help the state go grow. Has he asked himself, "after eating the rice, what next for the people?" Will he feed them three times in a day? Will he give them money to buy cloths? Will he give them Shelter? Will he 'dash' the people automobile? How can his people get these without real empowerment?

I pray the Governor doesn't carry this form of governance(misgovernance) into the new year! He may not be the worst Governor but he needs to change...

Which Gov. is not come and chop ? the mistake he is doing is greater number of people are benefiting from it instead of few politrickians
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by agrovick(m): 1:23am On Dec 24, 2015
Etfash:
Many of you guys don't know Peter Fayose. He's been doing this before he ever contested for any political position. Fayose took water to places where there was no drinking water, distributed kerosene to the indigents free of charge and so on before he even became their governor.

For the people from the Teach-me-to-fish school of taught, may I ask you if you knew that not everyone has something doing... That rice may look small to some of you, but it isn't to many... For the likes of Tonyebarcanista and others like him, life is more than just eating to stay alive; you have lofty dreams: own your car, change it when you want to, go for vacations in exotic holiday locations and so on. But for many of these people rejoicing in Ekiti, they don't even think about such luxury, their prayer and earnest expectation is 'where will the next meal come from?'.

The moral is this, we often tend to forget who we were once we attain certain heights in life; when somebody always remembers he was a nobody, refuses to forget that so many are still where he was and does something for them; we are quick to measure what he or she has done with our new yardstick for measuring 'life'.

In my opinion, what he just did might be an answer to somebody's prayer. So, let's leave him alone.
As a Governor charged with a mandate, I've to say for things to get to this level means he has failed in his duties and this goes to all public office holders in the country. His aim should have been improving the lives of his pple. If we had an Ekiti that works, do you think this idea of rice sharing would have happened?

1 Like

Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 1:25am On Dec 24, 2015
agrovick:

As a Governor charged with a mandate, I've to say for things to get to this level means he has failed in his duties and this goes to all public office holders in the country. His aim should have been improving the lives of his pple. If we had an Ekiti that works, do you think this idea of rice sharing would have happened?

Obviously this is a concept that is difficult for many NL's to understand.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by omonnakoda: 1:25am On Dec 24, 2015
Bollinger:

Fortunately for me, normal societies agree with me. If they didn't they would be randomly providing social relief to it's citizens. Which they don't. If Fayose/Ekiti had a database where we can track who got what and when, i would have no problems. Or a transparent means to track how much is being spent on social welfare, even better. This is a recipe for embezzlement. It is amusing to me that you would use a legitimate social programme (unemployment benefit) to make your argument and flip back to the usual "na naija we de" mentality when it suits you. You can't have it both ways. You either do it the right way or you don't.
What is my argument??Stop flapping . My argument is simple poverty is poverty and whether you give food stamps or rice in the streets it is still poverty so please do not miscontrue my words. I am saying the people receiving food stamps are not proud of it nay they are shamed . Read countless biographies of those who have been there.. So do not misrepresent me AT ALL . Food stamps is just a matter of detail and technology it is still a handout THAT IS MY POINT

I do not know what you mean by na Naija we dey that is your own comprehension and distortion of my thoughts and words. For you it is more dignified to receive a handout if you first of all register and put your name in a book that is "NORMAL" well we do not have the money for that now.We barely scraped enough to buy the rice and we cannot afford to feed them daily but we sure as hell do not want them to to feel left out at Xmas!!
There is always another perspective> You are not God
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by crownprince102: 1:26am On Dec 24, 2015
toposi4naija:
STOMACH INFRASTRUCTURE........ I thouqht people say ekiti state produces the hiqhest number of professors in Niqeria......why will someone who does not even fit for landlord association chairman become a qovernor.......
this question I've been asking myself for a year.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by agrovick(m): 1:27am On Dec 24, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

People like you are reason help rarely comes to the average person Cos u will neva see anytin good in offering aid. May help elude u as u r wishing this ones a hunger vested Xmas season.
Be here talking capacity building. How many beggers have u given pure water money.. arrant rubbish.

When you want to reply people's opinion, do try to take the emotions out of it. Gov Fayose is so wrong with this shameful idea, create a state that works and see if the need to share rice will ever occur
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Blakenails(m): 1:30am On Dec 24, 2015
anyone that thinks he did not get it ryt shud go and drink water from the gutter...some governors quoted 600 000 000 as money spent on decorating the state for christmas they did not complain but Fayose is distributing rice to the poor masses and some idiots in their stark stupidity have the ink to post End Time Rice.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 1:37am On Dec 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
What is my argument??Stop flapping . My argument is simple poverty is poverty and whether you give food stamps or rice in the streets it is still poverty so please do not miscontrue my words. I am saying the people receiving food stamps are not proud of it nay they are shamed . Read countless biographies of those who have been there.. So do not misrepresent me AT ALL . Food stamps is just a matter of detail and technology it is still a handout THAT IS MY POINT

I do not know what you mean by na Naija we dey that is your own comprehension and distortion of my thoughts and words. For you it is more dignified to receive a handout if you first of all register and put your name in a book that is "NORMAL" well we do not have the money for that now.We barely scraped enough to buy the rice!!

Lol. . .calm down. You are just dancing in the wind. How did we end up here? i will attempt to break it down. Ready? Follow me. My initial argument was, make the economy of Ekiti viable and there would be no need for randomly sharing rice. I had a counter argument. Then i said i would feel insulted if my governor was randomly sharing rice instead of making my life better. Then you jumped in and asked me to explain why i would feel insulted. And i did. Then you used the social programme in America to further promote your argument. Then i logically countered your argument by itemizing how it is done in the US. That didn't suit you, so you went back to the "naija we de" argument. I countered again. Logically. Finally you lost it and went on a ranting session. Yeah. I think that how it went. The fact that i would have to explain that what the governor of Ekiti is doing is wrong to you says a lot. I shouldn't have to. You should know. But alas, you are informed by your surroundings and your experiences. I can't change that. What you know or have experienced will determine how you react to things.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by sweetgala(m): 1:38am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

I've read about his exploits and I believe he has done good initiatives although they are rather basic even by his own description
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by agrovick(m): 1:39am On Dec 24, 2015
Bollinger:

Obviously this is a concept that is difficult for many NL's to understand.
We really need to get things right in this country, the politicians have turned us into zombies with no reasoning faculty.
Thanks to Nairaland, i'v learnt in the last 36 hours that
1) A sizable percentage of our ladies lack morals
2) Poverty is truly ravaging the country cos I do not understand the vehement defenders of this shameful idea and before any dolt comes here spitting the rubbish of I'm talking like this because i'v never been hungry in my life, the I.diot should try writing his/her final exams with nothing to eat but garri
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by hush15: 1:42am On Dec 24, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Hello TonyeBarcanista,

I read your position on fayose and in as much as I agree with you on many other things when we talk politics and governance on this platform of which you know, I beg to differ on this one.

I truly understand that you feel this may seem berating for the office of the governor, even more look unprofessional and unconventional when we speak governance but then again, think deeply about it, unconventional but effective, pragmatic and more importantly far reaching even to the barest set of people in that state. To people who don't understand grass root governance, it seem more like a publicity stunt but it's not. In simple terms, it's being in touch with the people. Incase you don't know, this is the best chance for some to feel the presence of government, helping to provide a meal on their table in such special time as this. How do I know? I remember a time when somebody seriously bashed into my car and the impact was so great that the two chickens in his rickety car boot went straight to coma because of the shock effect of the impact. My back door was badly damaged and glass broken all over the place with all the severe damage done on my car and on calling the man's attention to how he was going to fix my car, all the man kept muttering was my chicken as the chickens was seriously shaking and trying to hold to life, stretching and vibrating but it eventually died. After the whole drama, I realised that those two chickens was what his family was depending on for Christmas and new year. Business wasn't good and he didn't have money to feed his family for the festive period and that someone had blessed with those chickens so he could manage thru it. He had to spoil it all and he couldn't afford to fix the car, the car was very brand new. Eventually, I just told him to replace the glass and that I will fix the car and the rest and Ofcourse, even though his car was not worth holding on to, but because I had to hold on to something, held on to the car till he brought the glass o. Had to hold him accountable for his recklessness. The point there is how much those chickens meant to him at that time, that moment. Don't know how is family coped after o but even when he brought the glass eventually, he still couldn't stop mentioning those two hens like someone important had died.

Back to Fayose, we all expect this professional look of a governor, even more is strict protocol to define his position or some overly serious activities that you might see his other counterparts do but you see, everyone's style of governance is different. Even those that form serious activities, thier serious activities don't spread evenly across the different class of people in that state. His predecessor tried it, but his so called elite projects wasn't felt. Obviously, it tells you its not all bout the infrastructure too. Simple motivation tells you that, a child that is seriously hungry cannot make sensein a class that is beautifully designed.

And this doesn't mean the governor is not doing his job, infrastructural work is still in progress. Ekiti will not developed totally in 4 years. Don't forget, a federal government agency still ascribed Fayose government as most transperant of all with respect to due process. You can't expect people of ekiti to wait till he finish his development plans before they can feel the government. Government is continuum, so is development. What will be remembered is the little of what they felt and is able to get within the four years he has to offer. So while embarking on the big guns that will move the state forward, there is absolutely nothing wrong to show random act of kindness to let the people know that you are with them thru it all.

Sorry bout my epistle o, but I think if most governors are not far from people like fayose, I think governance will be more people oriented, effective and progressive. I say this confidently, go to edit, it doesn't matter what you think, editing people love this man. Even those that had issues with his first tenure can't help but still recognise this man and align with with him. He is really appreciated by his people, from all class (the so called Elite, the ordinary man, the professionals, the civil servants, the weak and strong, the old and even the young) Ofcourse, he will still have some people who still questions his style of governance but when they think of the people, they just let him be....

That is governance ma brother. Getting you people to corporate with your goals and aspirations while moving everyone forward.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 1:42am On Dec 24, 2015
agrovick:

We really need to get things right in this country, the politicians have turned us into zombies with no reasoning faculty.
Thanks to Nairaland, i'v learnt in the last 36 hours that
1) A sizable percentage of our ladies lack morals
2) Poverty is truly ravaging the country cos I do not understand the vehement defenders of this shameful idea and before any dolt comes here spitting the rubbish of I'm talking like this because i'v never been hungry in my life, the I.diot should try writing his/her final exams with nothing to eat but garri

I'm seriously thinking of moving back to Nigeria. There are too many morons to take advantage of. Sometimes my jaw just drops when i read the things coming out of that country.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by tpiar: 1:43am On Dec 24, 2015
I see him checking out the crowd.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by omonnakoda: 1:44am On Dec 24, 2015
Bollinger:

Lol. . .calm down. You are just dancing in the wind. How did we end up here? i will attempt to break it down. Ready? Follow me. My initial argument was, make the economy of Ekiti viable and there would be no need for randomly sharing rice. I had a counter argument. Then i said i would feel insulted if my governor was randomly sharing rice instead of making my life better. Then you jumped in and asked me to explain why i would feel insulted. And i did. Then you used the social programme in America to further promote your argument. Then i logically countered your argument by itemizing how it is done in the US. That didn't suit you, so you went back to the "naija we de" argument. I countered again. Logically. Finally you lost it and went on a ranting session. Yeah. I think that how it went. The fact that i would have to explain that what the governor of Ekiti is doing is wrong to you says a lot. I shouldn't have to. You should know. But alas, you are informed by your surroundings and your experiences. I can't change that. What you know or have experienced will determine how you react to things.
So while makin the the Economy viable they should not celbrated Xmas 2015. And who makes Economy viable? Is it magic a state with an annual budget of $1 billion? or even less . Talk is cheap but reality is different. Xmas is 2 days away and the economy will not become viable in 2 days . Ekiti state has been poor before Fayose was born however I am not a fan of his and so I am not here to defen him but there is nothing wrong with sharing rice. That has nothing to do with making the state viable which is not as easy as it sounds otherwise there would be no poverty on earth. Those things take decades not months even with the best policies so let us not deceive ourselves.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by rebranded(m): 1:46am On Dec 24, 2015
Igwe9:
You lot did not ignore the invitation from mrs. Aisha, the wife of the president. When APC said he will pay unemployed youth 5K every month, none of you suggested fishing tutorial instead of fish. That rice is not for those of you here but to those that are either unemployable or less privileged.

Nobody would have come if they did not need it, the word generosity is extolled in the bible and that's exactly how the angels feel about his gesture, You'd rather he pretends like Oshemoule and alike, and uses it to settle his wife's? NO.

Bless are the hands that giveth than the ones that taketh.

You tried to make sense but failed!...nobody is saying its not a social intervention act!..but it needs to be structured to have the acceptance of many. This is tax payers money, i wonder under what he is charging these expenses sef.

If APC comes out and starts distributing food or decide to start a structured programme where they are able to provide for the people which do you think will gain more public support

Fayose is a tout with a backward mentality like most PDP leaders and until he understands Nigeria is not a Jungle he will continue to do good and still wonder why he is hated
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by luckylucky: 1:48am On Dec 24, 2015
End time Governor, disgusting and disgraceful. My sympathy to Ekiti people home and abroad they have entered one chance!
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by Bollinger(m): 1:49am On Dec 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
So while makin the the Economy viable they should not celbrated Xmas 2015. And who makes Economy viable? Is it magic a state with an annual budget of $1 billion? or even less . Talk is cheap but reality is different. Xmas is 2 days away and the economy will not become viable in 2 days . Ekiti state has been poor before Fayose was born however I am not a fan of his and so I am not here to defen him but there is nothing wrong with sharing rice. That has nothing to do with making the state viable which is not as easy as it sounds otherwise there would be no poverty on earth. Those things take decades not months even with the best policies so let us not deceive ourselves.

And that is my problem with him and all other governors in Nigeria. They are not doing anything to further the interest of the citizens. Fayose makes it worse by being in the limelight for the wrong reasons. They are all lazy, waiting for the proceeds of oil. This is not how to manage a state/country.
Re: Fayose Distributing Bags Of Rice To People In Ekiti. Photos by agrovick(m): 1:53am On Dec 24, 2015
Bollinger:

I'm seriously thinking of moving back to Nigeria. There are too many morons to take advantage of. Sometimes my jaw just drops when i read the things coming out of that country.
Hahahaha, the poverty has gotten to the mental stage; people now find it difficult to reason as humans.
I'v always said if I ever get the courage to operate an NGO, it will be geared towards changing the mentality and orientation of Nigerians.
Another dolt just asked if it's his father's money that was used in buying the rice, money that belongs to every Nigerian alive and every Nigerian that is yet to come into the world

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Meet The Doctors President Buhari Hired To Treat His Son - Daily Nigerian / Osborn Nwaze, Governor Umahi's Son Who Was His Campaign Director / Shocking American Military Report On Chibok Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.