Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,990 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (60979 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
Your brother isn't complaining, why should you?

Your elder brother is free to run his home any way he deems fit. It is none of your business, so I would advise you to keep your beak out of his and his wife's affairs.

If I may ask - are you yourself married?

15 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by yvelchstores(f): 7:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
Pray for his marriage. Try not to instigate a problem. As long as there is peace in d home, trust me your brother will live a long and enjoyable life. You don't knw if she had cramps or if her health is going tru sometin, maybe a miscarriage, u don't knw cos u are an outsider. Allow them as ling as there is peace in the home.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by EfemenaXY: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
lilmax:
I am not surprised, as if its reversed you would say the same undecided

?? Reversed how?

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by edwife(f): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyind17:

No but she is loaded

Op the way you narrated your story if you didn't exaggerate it and make it sound good then i am afraid your brother ain't telling y'all the truth.

She is the breadwinner.

16 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
edwife:

Op the way you narrated your story if you didn't exaggerate it and make it sound good then i am afraid your brother ain't telling y'all the truth.

She is the breadwinner.
They do business together, honestly I don't know why he's the errand boy in the marriage

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Miami11: 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
StefanSalvatore:
It's so not ryt, wat kind of boy boy is dat, her own husband. Who knows wat she might av him doing since dey r living 2geda.

Talk 2 ur broda first,it's from his response u'll knw if e jst volunteered (dat is sending him lyk an errand boy)or if not u knw there r crious issues in d marriage.

What are you implying what if the wife is sick

What if she suffered miscarriage

What if she has cramps, is dizzy and weak

DO THEY NEED A BILLBOARD THAT SAYS sick wife FOR NOSY INLAWS who cannot mind their own business.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Miami11:

What are you implying what if the wife is sick

What if she suffered miscarriage

What if she has cramps, is dizzy and weak

DO THEY NEED A BILLBOARD THAT SAYS sick wife FOR NOSY INLAWS who cannot mind their own business.
She is not sick

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by edwife(f): 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyind17:

They do business together, honestly I don't know why he's the errand boy in the marriage

Is it the first time you noticed that or it has been like that?

Because if it's the first time,she was probably indisposed and your brother was aware of it.

When you are a visitor,most of what we see in people's house are just a fraction of what truly happen.You can't really conclude that he is an errand boy based on that one incidence.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Miami11: 7:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyind17:

She is not sick

Did they tell you, or just part of your investigation

Not all sick people lay in bed, your brother does not have to disclose to you all that is going on in his home

7 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Onegai(f): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyind17:

As his younger sister, I am hurt

Osolobua, truly women are other women's problems. One is complaining about one 18 year old female cousin instead of minding her pregnancy, this one is accusing her SiL of doing jazz because her brother has become a considerate person.

Chai! cry

20 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Sh0llypopz: 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating.

You mean the first son came to open the door for you and not your brother?? The wife's errand skills are slacking, I'm disappointed.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Miami11: 7:54pm On Dec 26, 2015
Onegai:

Osolobua, truly women are other women's problems. One is complaining about one 18 year old female cousin instead of minding her pregnancy, this one is accusing her SiL of doing jazz because her brother has become a considerate person.

Chai! cry
I can excuse the pregnant woman because she is overwhelmed, every pregnant woman can appreciate a little help
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
Onegai:

Chai! cry
I asked a question. I can't say everything here, itk

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Miami11: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2015
And as a responsible sister in law, why did you not offer to help your brother, instead you walked out?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Onegai(f): 8:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
Miami11:

I can excuse the pregnant woman because she is overwhelmed, every pregnant woman can appreciate a little help

I know what it is to be heavy but simple words can diffuse a small issue. Instead shes already reading meanings into stuff that hasn't happened and planning for war in the future (in her mind she's calling it "setting boundaries"wink. Had she told that girl and she refused to help, ehen...

Miami11:
And as a responsible sister in law, why did you not offer to help your brother, instead you walked out?

my dear...

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by zemaye: 8:06pm On Dec 26, 2015
Onegai:

Chai! cry
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Miami11: 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
Onegai:

I know what it is to be heavy but simple words can diffuse a small issue. Instead shes already reading meanings into stuff that hasn't happened and planning for war in the future (in her mind she's calling it "setting boundaries"wink. Had she told that girl and she refused to help, ehen...

my dear...

maybe it's the pregnancy raging hormones lol,
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Mariecakes(f): 8:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
It is love

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by musicwriter(m): 8:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

Is he under a spell or it's normal?

And as a man can you do this?

I need answers before I download what I saw to my no nonsense mum. I dey vex

Maintain your lane

17 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
musicwriter:

Maintain your lane
Hahaha ........you funny

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by musicwriter(m): 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyimd17:

Hahaha ........you funny

Your brother obviously love his wife. And the wife loves him. As long as they're happy together, that's all that matters. I personally don't like someone doing stuffs for me, I like doing my chores for and by myself.

10 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
SAMBARRY, abeg come help me tell this op say make she go find her own husband marry.

15 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyind17:
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

Is he under a spell or it's normal?

And as a man can you do this?

I need answers before I download what I saw to my no nonsense mum. I dey vex

Madam, go and find your own home and leave another woman's Ezi n'ulo alone!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by praxisnetworks: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
EggovinMma:

Madam, go and find your own home and leave another woman's Ezi n'ulo alone!
No way! She should dig deeper....

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Miami11: 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2015
praxisnetworks:

What should she dig for, is she a skunk or raccoon to dig sand,

This one is a potential trouble maker that needs to find a husband immediately to get busy

Her brother is an adult and does not need a nosy watchman, who will let her come dig, she will be thrown out like a ball, then they will sit down condemn their daughter in law

14 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by praxisnetworks: 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
Miami11:

What should she dig for, is she a skunk or raccoon to dig sand,

This one is a potential trouble maker that needs to find a husband immediately to get busy

Her brother is an adult and does not need a nosy watchman, who will let her come dig, she will be thrown out like a ball, then they will sit down condemn their daughter in law
No way... Am giving her the benefit of doubt.... Please oyind17 dig well ... Dig deeper rescue your bro if need be
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
praxisnetworks:

No way... Am giving her the benefit of doubt.... Please oyind17 dig well ... Dig deeper rescue your bro if need be
What can I do?
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
praxisnetworks:

So she should go to another woman's home to dig? grin grin

She know know say na visitor she be?
The day her brother got wedded, his allegiance starts with his own family! She is just a common intruder. It's like me going to my brother's house to poke nose for another woman pot of soup. Shame no dey catch me? What I should be asking my in law is to teach me how to catch a husband cheesy grin The secret ingredients wey she use, and not to poke nose about 0 her business. Hian! !!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by tpiar: 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
So after you break your brother's home, what next?

Your friend wants to date him?

you dont even seem to to consider his kids as family.

be careful kie to gba oruko nile yin o.

lord have mercy.

16 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Roliks09: 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
Okay, so I ask my husband on several occasions to get us more food. I ask him to change the baby's diaper, I ask him to feed the baby, I ask him to bathe her. On several occasions, he has made dinner, served it, and washed the dishes after wards. All of the above mentioned he has done even while his mum was with us. Can we please move beyond seeing a man cross leg while the wife runs up and down? Is messenger written on the forehead of any woman? Dear OP, I don't think your brother in law is under any spell please. You can discuss this nice and considerate behaviour you observed with your hubby and mention to him that you wouldn't mind getting that kind of help from him.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
yvelchstores:
Pray for his marriage. Try not to instigate a problem. As long as there is peace in d home, trust me your brother will live a long and enjoyable life. You don't knw if she had cramps or if her health is going tru sometin, maybe a miscarriage, u don't knw cos u are an outsider. Allow them as ling as there is peace in the home.

Wow

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Karleb(m): 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2015
Na him be say your brother own don done. grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / '29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / Sex Starved Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.