Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (61039 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by uzoormah(m): 10:13am On Jan 07, 2016
boboLIL:
Mind ur business...or she will also turn you to housegal cos you reason like one
. lol…see how u dey think
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by banio: 10:17am On Jan 07, 2016
Marriage is a sweet and salty relationship. Your brother and the wife could have food stuffs in the kitchen that they would not want an outsider to see. His wife could be sick thus he helping out. Just be patient
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by bankot123: 10:18am On Jan 07, 2016
lielbree:

Are u married? Don't criticise what u don't know.
My husband wakes up midnight every night to check on our five kids. He cooks, washes , sweeps and I send him on errands all the time. By the way he is handsome and RICH! He loves house work not that he is trying to pls me it's just in him based on the way he was trained.

Do you also send him around like a schoolboy in the presence of your in laws? I bet u don't.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by ceeceeuwa: 10:28am On Jan 07, 2016
There is nothing wrong in a man helping his wife, but a woman should learn to draw the lines...this is Africa and we shouldn't throw caution to the wind...moderation is the key!Our spouses should be respected before our inlaws!

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by CioAngels(f): 10:42am On Jan 07, 2016
It is sad becos our women practically turned their husbands' brain to that of a goat to remain in marriage while they have other men outside. There is nothìng you can do about it, not even fasting and prayer. Just ask His grace to be upon your brother so that he does not die before his time. Ojindu, are you very sure your wife is not doing same to you? I doubt it.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by luckydube007: 10:51am On Jan 07, 2016
Tre-en-en:
Fights against irregular menstration, and infections for both sex (male and female). Feed the cells in our body to prevent cancer. Supplements our food and work against indigestion. Good for both women, men and children.
Order for your for 5000 naira. 07036883997

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 11:05am On Jan 07, 2016
Am surprised when guys here, tell this lady to mind her business. This is a lady that cares for her brother and the truth be told the wife's action doesn't seem, feel or is right. Most of the guys saying mind your business would not even take that crap from any lady. If the wife is pregnant then it's a different matter. And obviously that ain't no romantic gesture. Please my dear talk to your brother at a very convenient time because even his friends and family wouldn't like this if they see it. Truth be told.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by breakeven: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2016
If that is giving him peace in his home, let him be. Stop complaining for him. Mind your business. It may not be what you are thinking. Family matters are only understood by the couple themselves. You may not understand what is happening especially when you have just spent few hours with them.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by glossy6(f): 11:14am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

As in, he is an errand boy, the fact that he was very stubborn and a no nonsense kind of person is making me to think he is under a spell.

Requirements:
1. Egg of a vulture
2. Blind man excrement
3. Native fowl
4. Red cloth
5. 6 native eggs
6. He goat (nkpi)

Bring them to my shrine by 2.00am and I will remove the spell from his eyes fiaam grin. ibaboo

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by devinne(m): 11:15am On Jan 07, 2016
How often have you noticed this,I would have advice you stay calm nd visit your brother more often,but the manner at which you left has compromised your further coming around,but you could tell some other of your sibling,let him or her do a proper observation of your assumptions.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 07, 2016
glossy6:

Requirements:
1. Egg of a vulture
2. Blind man excrement
3. Native fowl
4. Red cloth
5. 6 native eggs
6. He goat (nkpi)

Bring them to my shrine by 2.00am and I will remove the spell from his eyes fiaam grin. ibaboo
Funny you

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by glossy6(f): 11:20am On Jan 07, 2016
CioAngels:
It is sad becos our women practically turned their husbands' brain to that of a goat to remain in marriage while they have other men outside. There is nothìng you can do about it, not even fasting and prayer. Just ask His grace to be upon your brother so that he does not die before his time. Ojindu, are you very sure your wife is not doing same to you? I doubt it.

Am smelling something here grin
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by glossy6(f): 11:29am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

Funny you

I noticed similar thing in my brother's house. Cooks after coming from market, washes beans for moi moi, washes clottfor a non working wife (house wife). I decided to have my peace since he has not complained to me.

At times they do it for the sake of peace in their home.
Watch them & don't interfere yet until you have a genuine reason to vibrate like the day the opportunity came for me.

The worst be say once these women call their husband "honey" they start behaving abnormally. Papa Emeka no fit try am now. Nna na there you go see African man level. grin
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by glossy6(f): 11:31am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

Funny you

I noticed similar thing in my brother's house. Cooks after coming from market, washes beans for moi moi, washes clothes for a non working wife (house wife). I decided to have my peace since he has not complained to me.

Watch them & don't interfere yet until you have a genuine reason to vibrate like the day the opportunity came for me.

The worst be say once these women call their husband "honey" they start behaving abnormally. Papa Emeka no fit try am now. Nna na there you go see African man level. grin
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Onegai(f): 11:32am On Jan 07, 2016
glossy6:

Requirements:
1. Egg of a vulture
2. Blind man excrement
3. Native fowl
4. Red cloth
5. 6 native eggs
6. He goat (nkpi)

YOU SEE YASELF!!

Instead of you to specify that it is white native fowl and 6 native eggs of an Agama lizard, that is needed for the spell to work. All these modern day Juju priests, in my time they were trained better! Take ya time o tongue tongue
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Zoe99(f): 11:33am On Jan 07, 2016
you sure sey no be jazz?
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 07, 2016
glossy6:

I noticed similar thing in my brother's house. Cooks after coming from market, washes beans for moi moi, washes clothes for a non working wife (house wife). I decided to have my peace since he has not complained to me.

Me no get time sha, I will talk to him

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nduwin(f): 12:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
Sister, i believe ur bros married a lady out of his class, she is either not his class socially or financially. This is no where near love.men most times make such mistakes in choosing a wife
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by lielbree: 12:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

He may be washing plate now while his wife is here bragging.

Woman! if your husband is doing all that, what are you doing as a wife? I believe you are an African woman

Family / Re: If You're Happily Married, Please
Share Your Story by lielbree: 10:25pm On Jan 04
I've been married for 10years now. The first 4 were
hell!
My marriage is like a fine wine. It gets better with
time. I can say I'm very happy I endured and
stayed.
My spouse also did a lot of enduring.
We thank God each day for where we are and
knowing it will only get better
Quote me all u want the truth remains that u are an intruder. Your brother is not an slowpoke so he can make his own choices. Leave them alone!

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by lielbree: 12:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
bankot123:

Do you also send him around like a schoolboy in the presence of your in laws? I bet u don't.
I respect my husband too much to do that. I was raised well abeg.
The point I'm making is some men don't mind house work. This lady has painted her brother as a slave to his wife how are we sure it's true? She should leave her brothers family alone. Imagine her trying to involve their mother. That's just plane stupid.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by lielbree: 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
SIRTee15:

so you also send him on errands for your siblings abi..........
tying yams and going to the market for your sister........
and washing car for your brother...........
when your cousins come around, what errand does he perform for those ones.......
bloody hypocrites.
just imagine.......
comparing a family man caring for his own kids to another who's busy running errands for his junior ones.
nonsense.
Everyone with their own cup of tea. The guy is not mentally unstable. He can make his own choices.
His sis should respect that and keep off their marriage. That's my point.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by mira4u: 1:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
He's under a spell cos he works for his wife? Poor mentality!!!! Face your life n stop being jealous cos of the way your bro decides to show love to his wife. Its none of your business.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Btruth: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
.....you sure your brother's wife is not sick or pregnant during your visit? did you not observe if your brother was happy doing all those errands with happiness? Whatever happens, it might just be a wrong timing for your visit, and you cannot tell too, maybe your brother has committed one serious offence that she is punishing him for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:15pm On Jan 07, 2016
Go and marry. @op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Ngokafor(f): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
......How this useless thread suddenly made FP after a thousand years beats me.. undecided

....I guess for those who do not have the foggiest idea what marriage is about or how to manage one to make childish and ignorant remarks .. angry

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by alayebamba(m): 1:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=babygirlfl post=41379067]Funny thing is that the op will get married herself and wish she had a husband that is that helpful. When you get married, provided you don't have a detective in-law like you, you can decide to make sure your husband never gives a hand and nobody will ask you.

This is the reason why inlaws are sometimes not welcome. Instead of coming and helping out and make the family miss you when you go, you decided to make yourself an unpaid detective investigating a loving couple with the hope of passing unsolitated information to you mum. Please mind your business.

On a side note, a woman does not need to be sick or pregnant for her husband to help out in the home and they are many reasons a woman can ask the husband to get something even though other people are there. It could be because he is the only other person that knows where it is or the only person to be able to reach it or simply because the do things that way and don't think too much about such little things.
[/qThere's a difference between a woman ordering a man around and a man offering to help his wife. In this case, she's the one ordering him around.If ur elder brother were to be in this situation, wud u comfortable with it.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by alayebamba(m): 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
lielbree:

Everyone with their own cup of tea. The guy is not mentally unstable. He can make his own choices.
what if he's under a spell?
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by alayebamba(m): 1:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
Siena:
Your brother isn't complaining, why should you?

Your elder brother is free to run his home any way he deems fit. It is none of your business, so I would advise you to keep your beak out of his and his wife's affairs.

If I may ask - are you yourself married?
I Guess she should also mind her business if the wife brings men into their matrimonial home.The woman obviously doesn't respect her inlaws, otherwise she wouldn't send her husband on errand in the presence of his younger one.if you don't have any reasonable advice jusy keep quiet.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by SIRTee15: 2:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
lielbree:

how are u so sure the woman has not turned the man into a zombie......
because I wonder the kind of husband that will be running domestic errands for his sister-in-law......in the presence of his own sister.
abeg.......that's an unusual scenario.......besides she has no regard for her husband or his family members......
His family has every right to dig deeper.....
That's what family is all about.......having your back, in that moment of vulnerability....

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by sambisa5: 2:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
[quote author=Oyind17 post=41365370]I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

just stay away from that marriage,,,how they live is none of your business,,,,.as long as ur brother is not complaining leave them alone.
I once visited my elder brother,,,,i spent one week with the family and i noticed my brother was always harsh on his wife,,,,,,my other family members always tell me this,,i didn't believe till i witnessed it myself,,,,,.
But you know what?i was mad with my brother within me cos am a woman too,,,but i didn't voice anything out,,,,,strangely, when i looked into his wife's face,,the woman was very okay and normal,,,,as if she was already used to it,,,,
So if she is not complaining who am i to start drinking panadol on another person's headache,,,,
Leave your brother's marriage jor

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by mamaafrik(m): 3:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

Yes he complained but I didn't know its this serious
That is what i call "ogun abenu gongo",ask ur bro,if he look or responded like "ko yemi naaa",na to go spisura be dat(go spiritual),elemosho molooooooo
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by cococandy(f): 3:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
Are you also jealous of your sister-in-law?
He cooks, he washes her clothes and that makes you angry. You're waiting for an opportunity to vibrate. undecided SMH

Now I can confidently say gender discrimination is fully enforced by women on other women.
Why not Carry your goody-two-shoes self and go find your man.

Also make sure you divorce him if he attempts to cook, clean or shop for your household.
glossy6:

I noticed similar thing in my brother's house. Cooks after coming from market, washes beans for moi moi, washes clottfor a non working wife (house wife). I decided to have my peace since he has not complained to me.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / Sex Starved Husband / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.