Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,992 members, 7,814,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (61019 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by BobUg28(m): 1:22am On Jan 07, 2016
Marriage is all about understanding. Your brother is such a good man. And I suggest you should learn to live like him.

I suppose from your story here that your brother has been married for nothing less than three years yet you haven't heard him quarrelling with his wife. It's called ENDURANCE. If you keep forming the man you are by dominating your house, you might end up having a broken family.

Let them stay as they are used to, they aren't complaining. Else you go tear a peaceful family apart.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by mazizitonene(m): 1:24am On Jan 07, 2016
Common sense is very uncommon.....just read through this comments and you'l see what I mean. Someone's younger sister is complaining and you people are calling her busy body....how stewpid!....what if her brother has bn jazzed or spelled or blackmailed or somefn is wrong somewhere.......so she and d family should fold hands and watch till dey bring his corpse for burial and d wive goes on to re-marry abi ?

1st of all.....she should tell us if itz normal, if that's how he has been right from time, the calm cool servant-type dude....and also if he's happy and healthy. If yes, then make she leave d man and him family in peace...if NO, make una go church or shrine....anyone una believe in

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Shaftrod(m): 1:53am On Jan 07, 2016
That's the idea of what a modern man is.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Kirinwa: 2:03am On Jan 07, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Oh, you're female?

No wonder you sound bitter. Jealousy stuff. I doubt all you typed is true - and even if it were, it probably didn't happen the way you've painted it on here for us.

You must truly dislike your sister-in-law. What are you expecting your mum to do? Rain insults on your brother and his wife? Turn your brother against his wife?

Stay clear of that marriage. Mind your own business.

Am not surprised at this nairaland feminist reply.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by cococandy(f): 2:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Okechukwu speak for yourself please.
Poseidon000:

[size=13pt][b]
He can do it when she is not chanced or fit to take care of the home.

There was a time my mama fell sick and was rushed to the hospital. My dad took charge of our home. He cooked bathed us and did everything my mama did for us. That's why he is a helper.
but has soon has my mama came back, he assumed his initial responsibility.

all males in my home are barred from entering kitchen,just lyk it is our responsibility to take on the hard work. We only visit kitchen on the day of our cooking class.

This is africa. It is totally out of place for a man to go to the kitchen when there is woman in the house,especially when he didn't prepare the food.

It is also totally out of place for a wife to send her husband on arrand lyk house boy. infact, It is a taboo and only "sissy dolts" tolerate that.

It is understandable when she is a nursing mother or sick.
So by deduction from Op's post. She has all reason to be worried.
This is an african setting,not western. Anybody who expect western ways from africans, should port to the west.

We don't digest bullshitt over here!

[/b][/size]
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by amtaken(f): 2:30am On Jan 07, 2016
If you wish he knew you in person you should pm him, who knows he might pm you back and a love tango might start.

Nonshenshi.
Oyind17:

Lol, I wish u know me in person
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by amtaken(f): 2:33am On Jan 07, 2016
He might pe pu*ssy whooped too.
Oyind17:

As in, he is an errand boy, the fact that he was very stubborn and a no nonsense kind of person is making me to think he is under a spell.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by amtaken(f): 2:34am On Jan 07, 2016
Please now! Know her in person please!
boboLIL:
no need pls
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Sultannayef: 3:53am On Jan 07, 2016
It's wrong. In my 32 years of existence, I never saw my dad enter the kitchen and cook. The "errand boy" is a loafer!!
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by biilwwu(m): 3:55am On Jan 07, 2016
Pray for your Brother and his wife,Man is the head of every home, wife is to submit to husband,while husband is to love his wife.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by bobkezel(m): 4:03am On Jan 07, 2016
From the home it goes outside to the public, and the man will be an object of ridicule. You tell op to mind her business, as if his brother's cause is not her business. Op knew exactly what she saw that prompted her to write this. You also told op to call his bro before visiting him, did op tell you that she came for a holiday. As the wife is treating her husband, the children will also mimick that and will try it on their father one day. If they have a girl child, it is so not good for her upbringing, GIGO will be her case. A spade is a spade.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by suxess18(m): 4:04am On Jan 07, 2016
Tundeiab:

Haba!!! "DOWNLOAD WHAT I SAW TO MY NONSENSE MUM"

Did you just call your mum nonsense?
.. He said ''No nonsense mum''... Read it well

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by AreaFada2: 4:23am On Jan 07, 2016
EfemenaXY:

It's none of your business how they decide to run their marriage. As long as no one is getting hurt, you should respect yourself and stay clear. Leave them alone. Don't be a home wrecker.

My dear, if your big bros was doing that, would you be delighted?
Be honest.
Because it's easy to tell others to MYOB.

I know, it sounds like the "dog on the leash" hubby that many babes dream of. cheesy

Mark my words, soon the same woman will start seeing him as too weak.

Ladies are like that. They yearn for what they don't have in a man. cheesy grin

The lady could have toned it down a bit in the presence of her in-law.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by AreaFada2: 4:29am On Jan 07, 2016
biilwwu:
Pray for your Brother and his wife,Man is the head of every home, wife is to submit to husband,while husband is to love his wife.

Ol' boy.

The last time Adam didn't do that and obeyed Eve, we all know what happened.

Abi o, all female NLers looking for godly men as husband, or see godliness as important in a hubby, did the Bible not say so?

I testing for selective belief in Bible verses. cheesy
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by josite: 4:34am On Jan 07, 2016
ordering your hubby around when his relatives are around is u being foolish and without discretion.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by blamelessly(f): 4:37am On Jan 07, 2016
Tundeiab:

Haba!!! "DOWNLOAD WHAT I SAW TO MY NONSENSE MUM"

Did you just call your mum nonsense?

Mr Haba!!! Read it well. She said her "no nonsense" mum, not her nonsense mum. Which means her mum is tough and doesn't tolerate nonsense.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by toprealman: 4:53am On Jan 07, 2016
OP maintain your lane!

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Delary: 5:09am On Jan 07, 2016
onyind17:
ojun50: then face yr marriage, yr brother did nt marry her yesterday or lastweek nd he has nt complain to u.

Yes he complained but I didn't know its this serious
Then he is not under a spel 4 d fact dat he is aware n has been enduring. he must have some other undertone which u may not need to investigate to avoid story dat touch........!!!!!! ahh! shhh!!!
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

No but she is loaded
. Madam; I would have loved to believe he is under a spell, but I don't believe in dat, as I have never seen it work...

This is the reason;
The said lady is d breadwinner of the home currently... ; ur brother might most likely be having challenges with finance right now (stylishly inquire from him; U'll find out) and the lady is currently running the home... and as characteristic of ladies in their vile greed, she 'll always show it.... ur brother on d other hand would be a egoistic man; and since his wife is currently incharge, he will want to avoid rancour @ all cost... **so his "secrets" isn't spilled out **

This will b d most likely reason 4rm what u saw...

what can u do

Well, that depends on how close u are to him, if u aren't, get someone dat is from the family... target a day d wife isn't @ home or call him out elsewhere, discuss frantically with him, he will bear his mind... and U'll get to understand d reason isn't far 4rm d afore-written...

Good bye ma'am; all the best
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by gabriel74: 5:18am On Jan 07, 2016
I love to do virtually everything in the house when my wife is pregnant to assist her.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Tunagee(m): 5:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.

that is stupidity! what does the woman have under wey person never see before? the husband us a big fool, forget love.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Paschal55(m): 5:47am On Jan 07, 2016
OYINDI maintain your lane cool
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Niceman4u(m): 5:47am On Jan 07, 2016
Under normal circumstances ur brother is not supposed to be her 'house boy'. Was he doin errand for her wen dey were courting?
Does ur brother complain or tell any member of d family hw he s being used by his wife?
If the answer to d questions is NO. Then sometin is wrong somwia.
My take is don't meddle into dia family if ur brother does invite u. If he likes it dat way leave him nd his wife alone.
Its now left for u nt to accept being tossed around by ur wife nd mayb ur brother will learn from u.
Honestly I won't accept being tossed around by my wife. Its unacceptable.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Curvinus(m): 5:52am On Jan 07, 2016
fellis:
@Op, some men actually like femdom that type of treatment lipsrsealed

Baddest
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by geez18(m): 6:02am On Jan 07, 2016
4har5y:
Really? Why did u go unannounced?

Pls answer the following questions, then we can tell u if its normal or u bros is under a spell:

1. How often do you go there?
2. Is this happening for the 1st time?
3. What was the wife doing while sending ur bros these errands.

this your reasoning tire me oh! so person no fit visit family without notice?and should the visit without notice warrant such despicable actions? if it that can happen in the presence of the man's brother,i can just imagine what has been happening in that house.now,it does'nt matter what she's doing,i'm sure she was'nt doing much at the time to warrant sending the husband such silly errands.that man must be under a spell of some sort because his actions are simply unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by platorepublic(m): 6:07am On Jan 07, 2016
Mind your own business, wetin concern you.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by MrCork: 6:08am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.

...so wot if for brother is a Ghana house boy?...r ghana house boys not human?..bro...yo brother muss work for the puuunny...pirrrrriod!! (No oofense) undecided
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by tuco1: 6:12am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

If really you are not single then who know wetin your own wife they do you?
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by vekson(m): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Patient
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by amtaken(f): 6:13am On Jan 07, 2016
Some of these sisters-in-law can exaggerate things a lot.

It's very hard before you see a sister-in-law that has good things to say about the brother's wife and most of the times they are the ones that break bad news about the wife to the rest of the family.

They are very hard to please too.
If you are nice to them they will call you a pretender.

If you are generous to them they will say you are wasteful.

If you are not generous to them they will say you wanna "chop" alone.

If you are indifferent towards them they will say you have a nonchalant attitude.

I know a lady who told me how nice her sister's husband is, how he helps her out in the kitchen despite his riches, how he takes care of the kids. She was full of praises for him and even wants her cocky husband to learn one or two things from the gentleman. Assuming the man was her brother and not her sister's husband, she would have accused the lady of casting a spell on him.

Now back to the topic, inasmuch as I don't support women who treat their husbands like trash, I would like to hear from the other side. Audi alteram partem.

Let the OP invite her brother and his wife here, let's hear from them because some of these sisters-in-law are liars, they are experts in exaggeration.

Their hatred for their brothers' wives make them never to see any good thing in them.

I rest my case.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by wristbangle: 6:26am On Jan 07, 2016
olarwhumy6:
If dis is rily true, y cnt u nd ur mum pray on his behalf. God wil surely intervene, cos dis is nt normal he's probably under a spell.

I think the OP shud follow ds advice 1st

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / Sex Starved Husband / A Friend Wants Me To Lend Him Money. I Told Him To Fill A Form. Am I Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.