Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (60998 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Curvinus(m): 6:26am On Jan 07, 2016
I know as of truth that in every relationship, one party must always have the upper hand. As a matter of fact, there is no relationship where the power equation is evenly shared between the two persons.

Another point worth mentioning here is that the said husband must have grown weary of the hyperbole effect of not doing his wife's biddings, viz a viz the dramas, the covert aggressions and all what not.
He also may have been manipulated to a point where he has come to accept this unfolding scenario as normal.

My honest advice to the op is to please leave him be because kids are already involved and trying to extricate him from this could lead to could lead to unintended consequences.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by adino(m): 6:34am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.

You saw this and decided to come to nairaland without taking action yourself. You decided to come and meet Nairalanders a people who live fake lives to advice you.
If any harm befall your brother it will be on your head, explain everything you saw to your Parents and other siblings, your brother must be summoned to a family meeting and his head must be washed with prayers or in a shrine depending on the one you believe in. If you like continue to believe that a man tying yams and carrying on his head for his 20 your old sister in law who at that same moment is gossiping and watching telemundo with the wife in the parlour is normal, then you are on your own.
If after thorough questioning and investigations your brother seems normal then leave him alone to enjoy his marriage.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 07, 2016
boboLIL:
Mind ur business...or she will also turn you to housegal cos you reason like one
Senseless..
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by suny247: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2016
I think something is is wrong somewhere.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Bobplanner: 6:42am On Jan 07, 2016
some of u guys shld learn to give meaningful advice. its just like ilara telling osho baba to tie yam for her sista. it's not proper irrespective of his financial status. end time wives.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by nonso88(m): 6:55am On Jan 07, 2016
Reasons why he's been treated like a slave boy..... 1.The lady brings food to the table. 2.The guy is not performing his bed duties. 3.Maybe small juju dey inside. 4.He wants to show her pepper later, he's looking for a cause..5.He loves the younger sister. Capish.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by skimanski(m): 6:56am On Jan 07, 2016
Why do we leave in stone ages like this. If Na the man send the woman message no body go complain. But the woman send the man message and the man Na Mugu. @oyind17 when you marry you can choose to refuse what ever your wife send you. And leave man wey love em wife em love em wife.

Worst of all if he has a side chick and helps the side chick carry bag, open car door for her and stuff, you won't complain oooo. But help his wife, life partner, future or present mother of his kids to cook and clean , it is mumu.

Africans make we grow ooo.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by LegendaryArnold(m): 7:06am On Jan 07, 2016
you should have offered to assist him which will give him time to think twice and if your in-law reacts to your generosity, then you'll know it's not ordinary.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by oforij(m): 7:07am On Jan 07, 2016
Is she the breadwinner?...but wait a sec if he's not complaining, then don't take panadol for your brother's headache
* but me i can't,if it's sharing chores no probs...nut errandsHubby...ah Kilode am i daft?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by karbridals(f): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2016
There is nothing wrong in a man helping his wife out in the house willingly but his wife asking him to go dish food for her sister is totally out of it..ur brother is in danger like my uncle before died.

I guess his wife is the one feeding him and the kids,if so let ur brother get a job and take back his position.

That's why I always advice people to marry cos of love and also a man that can take care of u in case anything happens afterwards, u will be about to still leave with him and still be that supportive wife till things get normal again.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Tonason: 7:14am On Jan 07, 2016
Marriage has no universal formula, if that's working for them and there is peace at home leave them alone. When you marry you can be Iron Mike Tyson.

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by monday4jesus15(m): 7:16am On Jan 07, 2016
my sister go on your knee for your brother because it could be spiritual or your brother does not have money so the wife is now the head and your brother becomes the help mate.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by uthlaw: 7:22am On Jan 07, 2016
my sister he is authomatic under a spell.what type of folish love is dat u guyz should do sometin about nd 4get does tellin u superstory dat it is love.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Chuksyno(m): 7:25am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

I doubt he knows what he's doing
then go and find out what is doing him since you are doubting what he is doing.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by shepherdnoble: 7:27am On Jan 07, 2016
Juju @ work. Nowadays ladies can do undo....lolzzz
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Banter1(m): 7:34am On Jan 07, 2016
There's nothing wrong in that! Infact I go wash my wife bumbum wen she poo. It's my life, my wife and my decision.

#Shikena.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by sinizia: 7:34am On Jan 07, 2016
JustHere2Observ:
When it is your brother involved, you say it is a spell but if it is another person's brother, you call it love, husband material and so on. Lol
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3205455_3063429fbimg1444452926083jpeg533c283b400ea0bc3548f8180158dbda_jpeg233e28d7db9e2f56d86f5cce70877598

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by bejeria101(m): 7:35am On Jan 07, 2016
It has been the dream of some women.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by suny247: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2016
what kind of nonsense love is that
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by harry509: 7:38am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.
tell ur broda I want 2 see him ryte now, so dat I can impact sum sense nside him...

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by 2sexycom(m): 7:39am On Jan 07, 2016
oloyede252:
ode oshi.is your father a houseboy?if no kindly STFU.

Who are u trying to impress sef.mumu
Nice question. All the women should answer this question.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by menxer: 7:49am On Jan 07, 2016
@OP, Your post and your signature are in conflict.

Now u don comot from ur Lane enter ur broda's marital Lane, u no see the casala wey dey come?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2016
Now listening to dj xclusive ft davido :.. JUJU Juju Juju nanana
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by johnson232: 7:57am On Jan 07, 2016
Divafaith:
It is not a crime to help your spouse.we are no longer in 1977. ;DIt is not a crime to help your spouse.we are no longer in 1977.
What happened in 1977 if may I ask?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Certifiedboss: 8:00am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

Most of you girls are selfish . Now because he's your brother you see something wrong. If it was your man doing it for u then u will open your mouth to say there's nothing wrong with a man helping his wife .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 07, 2016
MrCork:

...so wot if for brother is a Ghana house boy?...r ghana house boys not human?..bro...yo brother muss work for the puuunny...pirrrrriod!! (No oofense) undecided
MrCockie happy new year
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 07, 2016
Maybe she does the bill payments herself, and even at that, your bro must be an imbecilleee.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by SamRich1: 8:12am On Jan 07, 2016
Maybe d woman is from "China" chungun chiiii lolz! D fear of Kunfu is d beginning of wisdom oooh
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by oloyede252(m): 8:15am On Jan 07, 2016
amtaken:
Some of these sisters-in-law can exaggerate things a lot.

It's very hard before you see a sister-in-law that has good things to say about the brother's wife and most of the times they are the ones that break bad news about the wife to the rest of the family.

They are very hard to please too.
If you are nice to them they will call you a pretender.

If you are generous to them they will say you are wasteful.

If you are not generous to them they will say you wanna "chop" alone.

If you are indifferent towards them they will say you have a nonchalant attitude.

I know a lady who told me how nice her sister's husband is, how he helps her out in the kitchen despite his riches, how he takes care of the kids. She was full of praises for him and even wants her cocky husband to learn one or two things from the gentleman. Assuming the man was her brother and not her sister's husband, she would have accused the lady of casting a spell on him.

Now back to the topic, inasmuch as I don't support women who treat their husbands like trash, I would like to hear from the other side. Audi alteram partem.

Let the OP invite her brother and his wife here, let's hear from them because some of these sisters-in-law are liars, they are experts in exaggeration.

Their hatred for their brothers' wives make them never to see any good thing in them.

I rest my case.
do you have a brian,the op should invite her bro nd his wife.are you ok..
People like you never see anything good in ur sister in law..always hating..
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 8:18am On Jan 07, 2016
bobkezel:
From the home it goes outside to the public, and the man will be an object of ridicule. You tell op to mind her business, as if his brother's cause is not her business. Op knew exactly what she saw that prompted her to write this. You also told op to call his bro before visiting him, did op tell you that she came for a holiday. As the wife is treating her husband, the children will also mimick that and will try it on their father one day. If they have a girl child, it is so not good for her upbringing, GIGO will be her case. A spade is a spade.
Thank you dear, I want the best for my brother
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by gbenga4my(m): 8:23am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:

Who is a MAN?

A man is a beautiful part of God's creation who starts compromising at a very tender age.

He sacrifices his chocolates for his sister.

He sacrifices his dreams for just a smile on his parents face.

He spends his entire pocket money on buying gifts for the lady he loves just to see her smiling.

He sacrifices his full youth for his wife & children by working late at night without any complain.

He builds their future by taking loans from banks & repaying them for lifetime.

He struggles a lot & still has to bear scolding from his mother, wife & boss.

His life finally ends up only by compromising for others' happiness.

If he goes out, then he's careless

If he stays at home, then he's a lazy

If he scolds children, then he's a monster

If he doesn't scold, then he's a irresponsible guy

If he stops wife from working, then he's an insecure guy

If he doesn't stops wife from working, then he's somebody who lives on wife's earnings.

If he listens to mom, then he's mama's boy

If he listens to wife, he's wife's slave

Respect every male in your life. U will never know what he has sacrificed for you.
Oyind17:

Who is a MAN?

A man is a beautiful part of God's creation who starts compromising at a very tender age.

He spends his entire pocket money on buying gifts for the lady he loves just to see her smiling.

He sacrifices his full youth for his wife & children by working late at night without any complain.

If he doesn't stops wife from working, then he's somebody who lives on wife's earnings.

Respect every male in your life. U will never know what he has sacrificed for you.
Oyind17:

Who is a MAN?

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 8:27am On Jan 07, 2016
menxer:
@OP, Your post and your signature are in conflict.

Now u don comot from ur Lane enter ur broda's marital Lane, u no see the casala wey dey come?
Hahahaha..I dey my lane o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

'29 Years Together, My Mum Is Still Looking At My Dad Like This' - Nigerian Lady / Moses Olapade, Ex-Boxer Punches His Wife To Coma Over TV Remote In Ondo / Wife Floods The Streets Of Calabar With Posters Of Her Husband's Side Chick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.