Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (61018 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by 2sex(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2015
Caveatemptor:

For your information that was a proverb,read carefully and comprehend. It means she is not married but is trying to teach a happily married couple how to run their home.
My friend the figures that come after figure 6 are more than 7. What works for each couple varies just like the weather. The OP should go and get married and then run her own home as she likes. In her brothers home she is an intruder. Simple.

Some people say the wife is the bread winner... My Aunt was the bread winner till her husband died about 3 years ago. I never saw where she sent the man on errand, not for once.

I know for sure I can't handle such...

8 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
2sex:

Some people say the wife is the bread winner... My Aunt was the bread winner till her husband died about 3 years ago. I never saw where she sent the man on errand, not for once.

I know for sure I can't handle such...
That is Nl for you

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

When I went to spend time with my elder brother and his family, I noticed the kids were very close to him, in fact much closer to him than to their mother. After a while, I discovered why, it is because he is involved with the kids, he helps out as much as he can and I was surprised to see him even change his baby's diapers. OP, It seems you are not too happy that your SIL is enjoying her marriage? If a man doesn't help at home, you will complain, if he does, you will say his wife is using him. I really hope your brother has your medicine.
Lol, far from that itk

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
Acidosis:
OP asked a wrong question.

I'm not surprised to see the volume of attack you received.

What you should have asked is whether men would accept such from their wives; and whether wives would treat their husbands as errand boys.

I personally won't accept such from anyone. Cooking for my sister-in-law? Washing her plates? Serving her pottage? grin Running to the shop to get her materials and arranging yam in a sack so she can take to her boyfriend's hostel in school, while She (sis in-law) and my wife sit to gossip and watch me (the romantic errand boy) fool myself around the home.

You can help a sis-in-law get food stuffs, if you're mobile, you can drive and assist with whatever she wants, but doing this concurrently with cooking, and serving food? Ewwwwww!! sad

As regards your brother, I think its best you ignore him. If he enjoys running errands for a bossy lady, why not? It's his dream and divine calling. What I don't know is whether the call/dream is from Satan or from Devil, but its certainly not from God.

God's purpose for MEN has not changed. Globalization, Westernization, Colonization and Americanization can never change divination.

In summary, ignore your brother!
Thanks, I will modify it now. I have moved on already, like benrazz said I will pray for him if need be.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
bennyrazz:
@oyind17, he is your brother and when you see things are going wrong in his marriage, you have every right to intervene indirectly. But the kind of intervene you will do is through intercessory prayers. Keep praying for your brother and if possible ask some pastors to pray for him too. His wife might be the one financing the home at the moment and maybe she calls the shots. You have to find out his financial status first, if he has no money, intercede through prayers for financial breakthrough. If he is financially capable and he is turned into a houseboy in his own home, then the prayers will have to be serious.

Thank you dear, I will talk to him later.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by 2sex(m): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oyind17:

That is Nl for you
lol... you don't need to tell. What I saw in a similar thread is enough. Just like you, they tagged the other one jobless. Families are different and if what I see on this family section is anything to go, I must say not many are well bonded while growing up... little wonder they use words such as "intruder", "stranger" etc, someone you call your own BLOOD. But if anything evil (God forbid) happens tomorrow and you never showed up or take care of your brother, the same people who termed you "stranger", "intruder" etc would call you heartless abi? They would suddenly expect a "stranger" and "intruder" to come and do "somethings" lol

Do your best while you can. It's left to your brother to heed or ignore. If he listens, good if he doesn't also good. At least your conscience would be free that you made an effort.

8 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
2sex:
lol... you don't need to tell. What I saw in a similar thread is enough. Just like you, they tagged the other one jobless. Families are different and if what I see on this family section is anything to go, I must say not many are well bonded while growing up... little wonder they use words such as "intruder", "stranger" etc, someone you call your own BLOOD. But if anything evil (God forbid) happens tomorrow and you never showed up or take care of your brother, the same people who termed you "stranger", "intruder" etc would call you heartless abi? They would suddenly expect a "stranger" and "intruder" to come and do "somethings" lol

Do your best while you can. It's left to your brother to heed or ignore. If he listens, good if he doesn't also good. At least your conscience would be free that you made an effort.
Thanks dear, he is d controlling type that felt he knows it all while growing up. God knows I am not trying to break his home but I wish things will change for better.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Acidosis(m): 2:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oyind17:

Thanks, I will modify it now. I have moved on already, like benrazz said I will pray for him if need be.
smiley
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by 2sex(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oyind17:

Thanks dear, he is d controlling type that felt he knows it all while growing up. God knows I am not trying to break his home but I wish things will change for better.
my dear, he is not likely to listen to you. just move on.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Miami11: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oyind17:

People have told you to move on, in simple words get a life, find your own man start your own family

He was controlling to your family, apparently he does not like tha anymore, he has grown wiser

Let them be, it's seems like you will never rest until you break their home

9 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
Miami11:

People have told you to move on, in simple words get a life, find your own man start your own family

He was controlling to your family, apparently he does not like tha anymore, he has grown wiser

Who are you trying to impress with your comments? Take a bow cool

7 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by thelish(f): 8:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Miami11:

hahahahaha.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by oloyede252(m): 10:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
Miami11:

ode oshi.is your father a houseboy?if no kindly STFU.

Who are u trying to impress sef.mumu

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by oloyede252(m): 10:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
thelish:

hahahahaha.
can you turn your husband into a houseboy?if you already have.ur juju strong o
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by thelish(f): 5:44am On Dec 29, 2015
oloyede252:
can you turn your husband into a houseboy?if you already have.ur juju strong o
Can u turn ur wife into a house girl? if u already have, ur juju thick oo.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by oloyede252(m): 8:57am On Dec 29, 2015
thelish:

Can u turn ur wife into a house girl? if u already have, ur juju thick oo.
this is funny..ok continue..i fear you o.lemme run before you turn me to mumu husband.grin
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 29, 2015
Acidosis:
OP asked a wrong question.

I'm not surprised to see the volume of attack you received.

What you should have asked is whether men would accept such from their wives; and whether wives would treat their husbands as errand boys.

I personally won't accept such from anyone. Cooking for my sister-in-law? Washing her plates? Serving her pottage? grin Running to the shop to get her materials and arranging yam in a sack so she can take to her boyfriend's hostel in school, while She (sis in-law) and my wife sit to gossip and watch me (the romantic errand boy) fool myself around the home.

You can help a sis-in-law get food stuffs, if you're mobile, you can drive and assist with whatever she wants, but doing this concurrently with cooking, and serving food? Ewwwwww!! sad

As regards your brother, I think its best you ignore him. If he enjoys running errands for a bossy lady, why not? It's his dream and divine calling. What I don't know is whether the call/dream is from Satan or from Devil, but its certainly not from God.

God's purpose for MEN has not changed. Globalization, Westernization, Colonization and Americanization can never change divination.

In summary, ignore your brother!

I agree.

I can NEVER in a million years ask my hubby to get my sister food. Even if I'm sick , are my sisters hands broken, she will get the food herself. What is wrong is wrong

6 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by thelish(f): 11:43am On Dec 29, 2015
oloyede252:
this is funny..ok continue..i fear you o.lemme run before you turn me to mumu husband.grin

Hahahahaha. U nor reach jare.
Oya run before I change my mind ooo.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by yetseyi(f): 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lool and loool.

Very hillarious comments, Family section I hail ooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by anumide(f): 8:16am On Dec 31, 2015
lolaluv1:

This makes plenty sense.
And Oyind17, take note of the operative sentence here: "You are an outsider".
Because I'm sure you are getting set to light their peaceful home on fire.

I myself learnt the hard way years ago when I saw my uncle and his wife arguing during a visit. I felt so hurt at the way she insulted him while he was majorly quiet. It was a Saturday, and I was waiting for a suitable occasion to download what I'd seen to my mum (just like you). Though my mum is a peaceful angel sha. She would never interfere. So the downloading would have just been a gist.

But the next day, I heard my uncle proudly talking of how his wife knew him better than anyone in the world and was his best friend. I was like :O

That was how I learnt that when it comes to a couple, you can never tell because you arent with them 24/7. Just mind your own business!

the lesson wasn't hard enough jor. I was expecting to read that they broke your head with bottle.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by lolaluv1(f): 10:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
anumide:

the lesson wasn't hard enough jor. I was expecting to read that they broke your head with bottle.
grin grin

Nah.
We are gentle folks in my family. Non of that razzness around us....

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by tollu: 2:55pm On Jan 01, 2016
Oyind17
There's nothing wrong with a man being useful in his own house, HOWEVER, it does seem funny to be sent on errands for a spouse's sibling.

I'm trying to picture myself being told to do this and that for my husband's younger/brother or sister while the sibling crosses legs and sips kunu... I don't know oh.

On the other hand, Esther - The Sibling might be a well known thief/olojukokoro to your brother and wife thus they couldn't leave her to get things on her own Perhaps your SIL too wasn't feeling too good at that time. There's always a reason for everything.

Anyways,
1. Don't go to people's houses without calling first, it's irritating.

2. Your brother might or might not be under a spell. Further "observation" required.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by stonecoldcafe: 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

would you accept such from their wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.
[size=18pt]
My mother once told us a story. A mother in law visited her son and the young wife. She noticed how the young man did so much for his wife. She was of the opinion (as in your own case) that the woman was using her son. When she returned home, she complained bitterly to her priest and told him she felt her son was under a spell.

Some weeks later, she visited her daughter. On that visit, she noticed how her son in law was very helpful and attentive around the house. She was happy to observe her daughter was not stressed and when she got home, she went to see her priest. She praised her son in law and remarked what a peaceful home her daughter was enjoying. Then the priest asked her if the boy’s (her son in law) mother would say the same thing. He reminded her how she felt her son was suffering but this same woman is happy because another woman’s son is doing the same thing for her daughter.[/size]

MORAL OF THE STORY: MYDB AKA MIND YOUR DAMN BUSINESS.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by haywhyy(m): 11:04pm On Jan 06, 2016
this is a big lie from someone craving attention

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Brightology2(m): 11:05pm On Jan 06, 2016
A prattle comment
boboLIL:
Mind ur business...or she will also turn you to housegal cos you reason like one
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by cowtail: 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2016
Cutehector:
drn she is the breadwinner!
very likely. Advice your brother to go get a job. Until then, house boy mode will remain activated

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Ijaya123: 11:10pm On Jan 06, 2016
EfemenaXY:

It's none of your business how they decide to run their marriage. As long as no one is getting hurt, you should respect yourself and stay clear. Leave them alone. Don't be a home wrecker.

Will love you to repeat this if the person in question is your relative.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by donhils: 11:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.
Were you not there when your brother was looking for a rich man's daughter or a rich girl to marry?
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by omojeesu(m): 11:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oyind17:

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.

Please, leave them alone!
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Bugatie(m): 11:13pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oyind17:

Your head dey there, if it is our eldest brother I won't have problem with it but martins? there is something wrong somewhere

Did you say Martins? Hmmm
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by chlowi(f): 11:14pm On Jan 06, 2016
boboLIL:
Mind ur business...or she will also turn you to housegal cos you reason like one
i was gonna say the same but then again that's his brother
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by jblake: 11:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color]30 DAYS IN ATLANTA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wife Floods The Streets Of Calabar With Posters Of Her Husband's Side Chick / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right? / Sex Starved Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.