Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife (61008 Views)

My Brother Is Too Lazy. / My Brother Is Addicted To Weed And Now Tutolin, HELP! / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by bettercreature(m): 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
The right thing is to stay away from them grin grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oyind17 go and marry, this is 2016 -- you're not getting any younger. Mind your business. Also, tell your brother to join nairaland so we'd hear his side of the story. Too many people coming here spewing lies and half-truths daily.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Mamywatobi(f): 11:26pm On Jan 06, 2016
Stories we here! So wen it is the wife doing all those things u mentioned like running errands etc she is not under a spell right? And its not abnormal, its strange to u cos its the man and moreover he is ur brother! Allow them to enjoy their marriage dnt be Used by the devil to cause separation WHAT THE HUSBAND DOES IS VERY NORMAL. Stop unnecessary AMEBO!

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by ipledge10(m): 11:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oyind17:

As in, he is an errand boy, the fact that he was very stubborn and a no nonsense kind of person is making me to think he is under a spell.
german juice thing
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by EsanEmmanuel(m): 11:34pm On Jan 06, 2016
I am sorry buh you are just a busy body.. goan get married and let him be... if no man is coming for your ugly ass simply go to Shiloh!!! They married for better for worse... Aunty FIND SOMETHING MEANINGFUL TO DO WITH YOUR OWN LIFE

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by afroxyz: 11:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
All these 19-year olds with free MB dishing advice on NL

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by olan4ward: 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=Olasco93 post=41365485]Just be patient as this is the first time you're noticing this. I would advice that you stay clear from them because you may just be the 'Angel' that will destroy your brother's marriage.

You're not even replicating your signature..
Bird of a feather
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by dnatz(f): 11:38pm On Jan 06, 2016
It's love..... simple! One can only get hurt and jealous seeing such when your man doesn't treat u well.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Eluwilussit(m): 11:40pm On Jan 06, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.

Why didn't you reset your brother's sense with a dirty slap? Too bad, your bro has been pussywhipped. TBJ sharp sharp! grin
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
30 days in Atlanta right?
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Divafaith(f): 11:44pm On Jan 06, 2016
It is not a crime to help your spouse.we are no longer in 1977. ;DIt is not a crime to help your spouse.we are no longer in 1977.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by HrmOlolade(m): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Won tii fi Pata na'n egbon e Lori, Ooo ti je efo
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Eluwilussit(m): 11:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Mamywatobi:
Stories we here! So wen it is the wife doing all those things u mentioned like running errands etc she is not under a spell right? And its not abnormal, its strange to u cos its the man and moreover he is ur brother! Allow them to enjoy their marriage dnt be Used by the devil to cause separation WHAT THE HUSBAND DOES IS VERY NORMAL. Stop unnecessary AMEBO!

Sending your husband on errands for your younger sister? Tufiakwa! Where's his respect as the head of the family? We too dey watch movie. cheesy
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Divafaith(f): 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
ipledge10:
german juice thing
No it called Love Lolss
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by herboshedhe(f): 11:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
Won ti ro efo fun egbon je....OP,stay clear out of ur brother's home,mind ur biz as others have earleir suggested
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by ellafuchsiaordi(f): 11:54pm On Jan 06, 2016
..sister please mind ur biz..did he look like he was under a spell when he married her??..just focus on ur own life..if yhu feel he's been bewitched,the best you can do is pray for him,not interfere by telling ur mum..what can ur mum do self,is she God??..

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by noblegrex: 11:56pm On Jan 06, 2016
edwife:

Op the way you narrated your story if you didn't exaggerate it and make it sound good then i am afraid your brother ain't telling y'all the truth.

She is the breadwinner.
smart and nice thinking. I thought as much too. How on earth could I have accepted that.if that is the case then there's no need to get married. After hustling to make it in life,I'll now become a house boy to one lady.what's her duty as a wife.seat down,relax and have fun.its either the man is a lazy person or something must be wrong somewhere.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by yunglivochi(m): 12:02am On Jan 07, 2016
grin dis story sha #idntbilivit
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Skmoda360(m): 12:04am On Jan 07, 2016
olarwhumy6:
If dis is rily true, y cnt u nd ur mum pray on his behalf. God wil surely intervene, cos dis is nt normal he's probably under a spell.
i sense some good riddance in your statement.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Poseidon000: 12:06am On Jan 07, 2016
cococandy:
What's all this rubbish about bread winner this and that anyway.
So if the man is the breadwinner he can't dish food or do minor things in their house?
Oh jeez!

[size=13pt][b]
He can do it when she is not chanced or fit to take care of the home.

There was a time my mama fell sick and was rushed to the hospital. My dad took charge of our home. He cooked bathed us and did everything my mama did for us. That's why he is a helper.
but has soon has my mama came back, he assumed his initial responsibility.

all males in my home are barred from entering kitchen,just lyk it is our responsibility to take on the hard work. We only visit kitchen on the day of our cooking class.

This is africa. It is totally out of place for a man to go to the kitchen when there is woman in the house,especially when he didn't prepare the food.

It is also totally out of place for a wife to send her husband on arrand lyk house boy. infact, It is a taboo and only "sissy dolts" tolerate that.

It is understandable when she is a nursing mother or sick.
So by deduction from Op's post. She has all reason to be worried.
This is an african setting,not western. Anybody who expect western ways from africans, should port to the west.

We don't digest bullshitt over here!

[/b][/size]

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by mitchyy(f): 12:08am On Jan 07, 2016
Even if the wife looked okay, you can't just jump to conclusions that she is just using him as errand boy. If she is pregnant and placed on bed rest due to complications, its normal to see some husbands take over the duties of the home.
Don't prejudge without getting facts and most especially, its best you let them be. They know themselves better. It might hurt you because its your brother, but he is now married, so you shouldn't wade into their affairs.
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Setaje(f): 12:10am On Jan 07, 2016
You guys don't understand. My two elder brothers are very very hot. No nonsense kind of brothers. It will be surprising to see them melo for a woman. Although one of them don dey melo for tolu oooo. Chaiiiiiii lipsrsealed
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by xtervaganza(m): 12:13am On Jan 07, 2016
boboLIL:
Mind ur business...or she will also turn you to housegal cos you reason like one
are you mad? You want him to turn his back on his own brother who is clearly in a bondage
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 07, 2016
boboLIL:
Mind ur business...or she will also turn you to housegal cos you reason like one
f u punk
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by slimwhite(f): 12:28am On Jan 07, 2016
All of you that are saying it's normal should better have a rethink... Hw can she send the husband on errands not for the family but for her younger sis dat is a full fledged adult...even if the woman is indisposed, is her sister indisposed too....

ABEG NAIJA BABES , THE FEAR OF TELEMUNDO IS THE BEGINNING OF REALITY....

5 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Missy89(f): 12:35am On Jan 07, 2016
So a man cant run errands for his wife anymore?
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Poseidon000: 12:36am On Jan 07, 2016
slimwhite:
All of you that are saying it's normal should better have a rethink... Hw can she send the husband on errands not for the family but for her younger sis dat is a full fledged adult...even if the woman is indisposed, is her sister indisposed too....

ABEG NAIJA BABES , THE FEAR OF TELEMUNDO IS THE BEGINNING OF REALITY....

[size=13pt]
Well said.

I really feel sorry for guyz supporting this nonesense.
It shows the level of their thinking faculty in the face of western hegemon.

Brainwashed zombies I must say.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by muhakeem(m): 12:37am On Jan 07, 2016
so u think the 'love is blind' statement that people used to make is just for formality Ba

that's one of the reason people say love is blind sha,. so don't panic its normal
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Odumjiegbe: 12:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Please can someone tell me who is
1. funding the FX parallel market
2.If it the same person funding the bank FX
3. if so why the price difference
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by Sgtkoselupa: 12:44am On Jan 07, 2016
Family prayer is needed for your brother. The wife has used diabolical means to take away the ego of your brother. Just pray!
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by ElFenomeno1: 12:58am On Jan 07, 2016
Oyind17:
I went to my elder brother's house for a visit and I lost my peace due to what I saw there.
I didn't call him on phone before going, I knocked and their first son opened the gate for me, when I entered they were eating. Normally the woman was supposed to dish food if they needed more but to my greatest surprise she asked him to dish more, like an obedient servant he went to the kitchen to get more.

About 30 minutes later her younger sister arrived and the wife started sending him all manner of errands, she started with bring yam for Mercy( the name of the girl), he brought the yam and she sent him again to tie the yams together for the girl, I was pissed cos I couldn't believe my brother was doing that.

She later send him to their shop to bring some stuffs for the girl, I left immediately cos I couldn't bear it any longer. The girl is above 20

To the men,would you accept such from your wives and to the wives would you treat your husbands as errand boys.

Your brother is a dunce and you are a nosey little prat for not minding your own fu cking business!!!
Re: My Brother Is Like A Houseboy To His Wife by cybriz82(m): 12:58am On Jan 07, 2016
I understnd wat u tryin to say here.1st u already knw d kind of brother u av dat y u wia shock wen u saw d way shez cntrolin him.disihin of food.bringin d yam tyin d yam n den go to d shop.haba.dat aint normal.haba Is she d bread winner or sumtin? Pls do nt mind ur bizness.meksure u tell ur parent so dey cn go der n observe if wz u sayin is true.sum woman aint smilin dis days.tnk God for nollywood movie.xpecially yoruba movie.iz ur bro n u shud b concern.blood is thicker dan water.weda u went to iz house unanounced or anounned,all join.dat cus u knw d kind of person he is.no even try say u wan call am talk to am.let ur parent do dat 1.d kinds issue na for d elders.not childplay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Moses Olapade, Ex-Boxer Punches His Wife To Coma Over TV Remote In Ondo / Wife Floods The Streets Of Calabar With Posters Of Her Husband's Side Chick / Why Did He Do This? I Need To Understand Why Some Act This Way. Is It Right?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.