Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc (66764 Views)

Batch B16 Pcms Share The States You Choose Here / NYSC Now Allows Students To Choose States For Deployment / Best States You Can Be Posted To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 7:22am On Jan 08, 2016
Mine is Enugu. Akwaibom and LAGOS

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by lokoloko84(m): 7:22am On Jan 08, 2016
phemolala07:
Dnt just choose kwara state pls.am a batch A corper in kwara state so I knw Wat am talking about.tanks
Why please?

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by awo666(m): 7:24am On Jan 08, 2016
Vikky014:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. FAINTS
guy u can choose benue na, dier s no place u cant make t
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by misterh(m): 7:27am On Jan 08, 2016
winta2007:
keep it rolling, I need a state that have constant light oooo.
Osogbo in Osun state probably has the best electricity supply in Nigeria. I spent a week there and light went out for only about 2 hours. They have 24-hours light supply.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Greycious(m): 7:27am On Jan 08, 2016
Fraih:

Ogun state, my choice one actually.
Oya na, leggo wink

what are your three most preferred choices? starting from the most preferred to the least preferred.
mine is ogun, enugu and Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 7:28am On Jan 08, 2016
Macelliot7:

which Idemili? North of south?

Idemili North is the most populated region in Anambra state...
Are you high? No offence, but who gave you that statistics? 4 your mind you think idemili north is more populated than onitsha north or south?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mommysgirl(f): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2016
Shehucom:

Mind proving it?
I've been living in abeokuta for the past5 yrs, and among all the numerous places I've lived due to dads profession which involves lots of transfer, Abeokuta is the worst,
It's a dead zone angry angry angry I can say it anywhere
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by misterh(m): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2016
psalmuelwater:
Kaduna,Enugu, and Cross river. What ur take on these states please? How dem orientation camp take be? Are the paying corpers allawee?
Cross Rivers pays corp members N3,090/month if you work with a govt parastatal or govt-owned school. I served in Calabar and the cost of living is quite normal. However, I can't say much for other parts of CRS.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Vikky014(f): 7:30am On Jan 08, 2016
awo666:
guy u can choose benue na, dier s no place u cant make t
GOD4BID BAD THING. AM NT CHOOSING BENUE. I WILL GO FOR AKWAIBOM. ENUGU AND LAGOS
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by awo666(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2016
Richiy:
Someborri should talk about Oyo state o
oyo is quite a very good place o, u wil rily enjoy it
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by akins56(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2016
misterh:
Osogbo in Osun state probably has the best electricity supply in Nigeria. I spent a week there and light went out for only about 2 hours. They have 24-hours light supply.
all over osun state..power supply is very steady. .I guess they av nothing to do with it.lol

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 7:33am On Jan 08, 2016
Evansades:
Do not, i repeat do not choose Abuja except you have arrangements for accommodation and small cash outside your allawee, if not u go trek and jones wella. My 1 kobo
bro dats true bt aside dat, s d place prospective in terms of job opportunities nd the likes
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 7:34am On Jan 08, 2016
missingrib:
all this state choosing for nysc is just an hint.u might be surprise during reg the states you want you won't see it listed.this nysc thing is just the grace of God. u might choose one big city and after camping ur ppa will be in a remote village.. just put everything in God's hand let him give you direction.... I rep 2015 batch b stream 2 Kaduna corp members...
well said bro...bt I dnt tink dere sany remote place in lag
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by misterh(m): 7:34am On Jan 08, 2016
coded06:
How about Cross river any info on that. Accommodation,light,do they pay I mean the state's
I can only talk of Calabar. Accommodation in Calabar is quite expensive. Most PPAs don't have accommodation thus, you have to find one for yourself (if you don't want to live in a corpers' lodge). Electricity supply as at 2014 when I served was so bad. We relied more on generator. The state pays N3,090/month for hose serving in govt schools/ parastatals.

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by tuco1: 7:35am On Jan 08, 2016
Meeloreh:
Kaduna, PH n Abuja. Any advice

Kaduna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by awo666(m): 7:35am On Jan 08, 2016
mommysgirl:

I've been living in abeokuta for the past5 yrs, and among all the numerous places I've lived due to dads profession which involves lots of transfer, Abeokuta is the worst,
It's a dead zone angry angry angry I can say it anywhere
dats cus u don't knw anywhere in abeokuta

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nikkyfash: 7:38am On Jan 08, 2016
How about Ibadan? Would love to serve there
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by misterh(m): 7:40am On Jan 08, 2016
akins56:
all over osun state..power supply is very steady. .I guess they av nothing to do with it.lol
But Osogbo's is the best. I'm from Osun state (not Osogbo) and I schooled in OAU, so I can make a comparison amongst different towns in Osun. smiley

Their light dey 'waste'.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Tiwa101: 7:41am On Jan 08, 2016
queenfav:
Please don't lead people astray,I did my law school in Agbani,from oct 2013 to august 2014..From holy ghost to shoprite was like 100 naira or more,can't remember the exact amount.Na just female clothes dey a bit cheap.The least fare u pay for bus is 50 naira.Some places u pay 200 sef.Cabs are very expensive,from agbani to independence layout (orangeroom lounge and shoprite),we pay 2500 to and fro,that's 5k.

I stay in enugu. Ive lived dere all my life. Transport is cheap believe me! Least u pay for bus is 20 naira! Anybody charging u 200 naira for bus cheated u hun!. Cab can be expensive if u stay far naa just like anyoda city. Agbani na village what do u expect. Enugu is cheap anytime anyday!

3 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by kizolo(m): 7:43am On Jan 08, 2016
queenfav:
Please don't lead people astray,I did my law school in Agbani,from oct 2013 to august 2014..From holy ghost to shoprite was like 100 naira or more,can't remember the exact amount.Na just female clothes dey a bit cheap.The least fare u pay for bus is 50 naira.Some places u pay 200 sef.Cabs are very expensive,from agbani to independence layout (orangeroom lounge and shoprite),we pay 2500 to and fro,that's 5k.
You are a bloody liar. Enugu is one of the cheapest places in Nigeria, where do u pay N200? No direct bus to any place in Enugu would collect N200 from u. Please learn how to appreciate good places in ur life.

6 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by misterh(m): 7:44am On Jan 08, 2016
ifabet:
Ondo pay 6k and they lots of fine girls and beer to live on.... tongue
The same Ondo state? I know someone serving there and she says the state doesn't pay. I've also heard from other people that the state doesn't pay.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mrjojo: 7:44am On Jan 08, 2016
Currently Serving in OYO, Ibadan precisely... Ibadan, oyo generally is a cool and nice place, nice people, cheap food, relatively cheap transportation even here in Ibadan, Accommodation is scarce and a bit on the high side though, Other local Govts outside Ibadan mostly give Accommodation and way cheaper. But if you are a fun person, then it Ibadan(everything is here, mall, clubs, et all) electricity is just average.
just got here though,
#my1kobo

4 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by people3: 7:46am On Jan 08, 2016
Kogi is a conducive place, you might get PPA dat pay more than the state govt d state govt pay 2k every month but would be paid @ the end of the service year free accomodation,free babes,gud food nd clothing ,bar to drink,cheap transportn #70,weather is cool u will enjoy every bit nd electricity is gud, constant power supply,above all kogi is ok... Serving corper A15

2 Likes

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mrjojo: 7:46am On Jan 08, 2016
misterh:
The same Ondo state? I know someone serving there and she says the state doesn't pay. I've also heard from other people that the state doesn't pay.
Ondo state doesn't pay a dime, And even Akure the state capital is expensive and damn boring and as a matter of fact no light in the whole of Akure for over 2weeks now
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 7:46am On Jan 08, 2016
1stolax:
Lasgidi

The best

The only con is accommodation and traffic.
aside d accommodation and traffic most esp, is cost of living ok plus s it easy to get Job
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 08, 2016
Bayelsa is cool in some of the area however dia camp no b am @ all but if u are posted to Brass Local Govt altho riverine but the richest local govt in bayelsa where even local govt gives monthly stipend of 2k, state also pays @ d end of the service yr. 5k x 12 month. I dont know for the moment if dem don spoil am,free electricity, 24hours movement, clubbing na highest.

If u like flexxing u can get it on Brass island.

If u are the hard working type u can run teaching parole and make ur money without even touching ur alawee.

If u are d lazy type and u are a lady u can also run parole with chiefs, army generals and oil workers in the area. Not a good advice though..

1 Like

Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by topearos(m): 7:52am On Jan 08, 2016
kepal99:

Boss how you take make the money Ah beg leak the secret give me
I visited many tutorial center, home lessons.
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 7:53am On Jan 08, 2016
pls o, is it dat we cant choose two states in a zone like two states in south west....
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mickey45: 7:56am On Jan 08, 2016
danduchi:
Kaduna is better, if you're hardworking u earn better than ur mate in other state... State govt pays just 3k but there is opportunity and good market deals

Expantiate will you?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by agrovick(m): 7:58am On Jan 08, 2016
HateU2:
If you have contact in lag please, help me biko
grin
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by cr80vity(m): 7:58am On Jan 08, 2016
my choices: lagos-delta-oyo or lagos-delta-(I dnt no wat to put as third bt I dnt mind if u help out)
pls help me look at d choices, is it ok?
Re: Know The Pros And Cons Of The States You Want To Choose For Nysc by mach7(m): 8:00am On Jan 08, 2016
Fraih:
anyone served in Niger state? Any useful info will be appreciated.
Served in Niger state, precisely Rafi LGA (Tegina town). The state is cool, cost of living is low, they do have good accommodation, there is constant electricity and they pay 3k (as at then). But be prepared to teach and to teach many subjects which might not necessarily be your field grin I rep 2011 B set

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

NYSC: My Unpaid Allowances / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Check Out This Tipper-load Of Corpers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.