Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,672 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze (52700 Views)

My Assets As PMB And Vice Have Declared Asset Too / Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 / SGF Position: Buhari Has Demonstrated His Hatred For Ndigbo – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by lolaxavier(m): 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2016

The apex socio-Igbo cultural organization, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has declared Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode as number one enemy of Ndigbo.

The development is sequel to the demolition of Oshodi market, which is believed to be largely occupied by Ndigbo on the first week of the New Year.

Speaking at a press briefing in Enugu on Monday, the national President of the Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, alongside the National Secretary, Okwu Nnabuike said Ambode by his actions had drawn a battle line between himself and the entire Igbo land.

While describing the demolition as “an action done in bad faith”, the group wondered why the Lagos State Government should carry out such act at a time when it clearly knew that the owners of the shops were in their villages for the Christmas and the New Year festivities.

He said, “it is instructive to observe here that contrary to all principles of common justice, the traders were merely given few days quit notice. It is equally shocking that the government chose such a wrong time for the demolition exercise, thereby not only taking the shops from them but making sure that their wares were looted.

“We are forced to ask: could this be the starting point in implementing Oba of Lagos’s earlier threat during the election period that Ndigbo would be thrown into the Lagoon? Could it be another round of deportation of exercise, similar to what former governor Fashola did? These appear to be so considering that a witch cried in the night and a child died in the morning.”

While maintaining that the Lagos State Government’s action was a threat to the unity of the country, he demanded for adequate compensation of the traders who had suffered great losses as a result of the demolition.

He stressed that “it is quite inhuman for people’s means of livelihood to be taken away from them in such a manner. The government’s claim that arms were recovered from a section of the market does not fly at all here because it cannot be a reason for such a wicked treatment purely targeted on a particular people.

“We demand that the Governor of Lagos State should direct relevant government agencies to adequately compensate these traders; anything short of that, Ndigbo will henceforth regard the Governor as their number one arch-enemy.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/11/we-have-declared-ambode-enemy-of-ndigbo-ohanaeze/

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Lobolintin(m): 2:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
As an Igbo dude...Ohaneze doesn't speak for me

Ambode Akinwumi is a friend of the Biaigbo....

He has done well and needs my blessing ...let them go home and establish

With all the bashing have been getting for the ABOVE comments..I have this to say....

I was born in Lagos,
Primary and secondary in Lagos, higher in the East...
Our brothers don't invest in the east ...

I know a cousin, he has a property worth 100M in Lagos, and has a small bungallow in the east worth 1M, but if Ambode destroys that one now for fly over or so, what will he say His enemy of progress, ?

For those of you in the East whom has never been to lag,and hanging behind your phone to type trash...that market is an illegal market location, any encircle in Lagos around a bridge,is used for motor Garage or garden this era when bus is falling off bridge in lagos, and theirs a world class Army Shopping Complex just 20Feet away from this junk market, and surrounding building occupied by same our Igbo brothers on well planned structured...

There's no way Ambode wouldn't have given them time to pack out or relocate, tho, his wrong to have demolish the structure at that crucial time, but truth be told, from the date of Ojukwu calling Igbo's in trade fair Ewu, we should have used our tongue to count our teeth....

For those calling me silly names and tagging me and sending my comments to different social media, I don't give a 4Ck, Ambode should demolish more, it's time for us to use our heads and let's Go home,...go back and develop the east, stop coming back every Xmas to form and intimidate those dudes there with wealth and cars,snatching wives and commuting differ types of atrocities all in the name if am a business man in Lagos..... Develop the east and create something in your home town ...

If every wealthy Igbo man can create a Light or Heavy industry in the easy,our youth will deviate from crime and work hard,take a cull from Innosson and Uba....
How can a single man have 7shops in one market ,?? Nah your village market ??

When we fight let's fight for a god cause,
Ambode is Megqnizijg Lagos city,if you ain't okay with his reforms pack out....
All those governors in the east that destroys nko ?? What have we said to them ? Enemies of modern world abi?

Make we leave trash and Lobbish(in anambra dialect) for Lawma

Anu of you Quote me again and May Orunmila and Obatala ati Amadioha gbagbuo gi dia Ewu Hausa

As am the first to establish my cathedral here....
One Love Igboland,Rising Sun Land....one Love Naijq
A journey of 1M miles starts with a revolution of industrialized Eastern states....
One Love.....Udo chia

424 Likes 23 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Slikbae: 2:46pm On Jan 11, 2016
igbos got too many issues. Trivial ones undecided

235 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by OgbeifunErom: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
What took them so long?

IPOB Senior Chapter reporting for duty

Shameless dirty old men with no self respect or common sense.

Are these iddiots telling us that Igbo traders are the only ones affected in the sanitation exercise?

What the hell are they going to do about it? If they dont like it, they should stop stealing the commonwealth of IPOB youths and provide opportunities for them.

Lagos is not a place for hoodlums to thrive, the government has made their decision -Simples!

Eko O Ni Baje 0oooooo

326 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Mack3N: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
Signed and stamped....gbam!!

2 Likes

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by jaymejate: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by jaymejate: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
[size=15pt]pls tell us, na only ndigbo de the market?
I don't know why they like their selves more than the development of the state. What i know is dat you cant fight the government or else, all of you go land for your Village, at least Lagos go get rest[/size]

Pls don't ban me o

146 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by seunmsg(m): 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
grin grin grin These Ohaneze guys are funny. Ambode is the governor of Lagos state in south west Nigeria and not south east. He doesn't need their friendship to carry out his constitutional duties. The last time they declared Fashola their enemy, he climbed up and became the most powerful minister in Nigeria. So, ohaneze should take a chill, nobody cares about their declaration of friendship or enmity.

286 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 11, 2016
Bunch of red capped jokers crying as if only igbos own shops in oshodi. How much is the so called wares of their brothers self? Is it those fake pirated Cd's from Alaba or those second hand okrika clothes they are fond of selling?? With the way they are wailing, one would think the igbos lost more money than Yoruba traders who mostly lost millions but remained quiet and obedient. Igbos are fond of playing the victim card in every situation. They better respect their host or expect more harsh treatments undecided sipping my sperm juice cool

169 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by playahata: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2016
Slikbae:
igbos got too many issues. Trivial ones undecided
what's trivial about losing your family's source of livelihood? They paid some forms of TAXES and at least they deserved better!

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by LoveDecay(m): 2:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
If LASG can prove the market traders had sufficient time to vacant the premises after receiving a notice. There is nothing the UN grin can do.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by lolaxavier(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
Please what is ohaneze?
Why do these people feel that any action carried out is purposely to deal with them.

the group wondered why the Lagos State Government should carry out such act at a time when it clearly knew that the owners of the shops were in their villages for the Christmas and the New Year festivities.

So government should not work again because someone somewhere is getting drunk with palm wine in his village.

Again, they may constitute a significant % of the shop owners in Oshodi, igbos are not the only tribe in that market. These people should just shvt up and move on with the ongoing progress. Illegal structures claiming space...

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by macfish101(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ambode! Ambode! Ambode! How many time did I call you? Kpachara anya!!! The hate is too much....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Chubhie: 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
The red capped chiefs has spoken! ambode should do the right thing or face the wrath of the gods.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by OgbeifunErom: 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Chubhie:
The red capped chiefs has spoken! ambode should do the right thing or face the ruth of the gods.

Ruth Ko, Sarah ni

IPOB Youth!

210 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
“We demand that the Governor of Lagos State should direct relevant government agencies to adequately compensate these traders; anything short of that, Ndigbo will henceforth regard the Governor as their number one arch-enemy.”

Useless Red Cap Chiefs sad

87 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by lolaxavier(m): 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
Chubhie:
The red capped chiefs has spoken! ambode should do the right thing or face the ruth of the gods.

Red capped ko, red yansched ni...

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by porshuch: 3:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nkita racha ohaneze Anya. Who owns those shops that were demolished? Answer is YORUBA People, but did you hear them complain? Government even gave them up to one year to pack out. Sometimes it baffles me how the Igbo of my generation thinks.

When Peter Obi decongested upper Iweka, nobody lamented, but now see how beautiful upper Iweka is now, why is ohaneze sentimental about this, You ppl should leave Ambode to develop his state the way he wants. If you're not ok with his policy please pack to another state.

I refuse to be a sentimental Igbo.

282 Likes 17 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Super1Star: 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
Awon were,

who cares?

You did same to fashola. You did worse to Buhari. In all, God has been greater than you. Shameless set of deluded people.

If you cannot stand the demolition of those shanties of 2by2inches shops, find your way to Ariara market. I thought you said Lagos is no man's land!!!

By the time he is done with you, you will know that Oduduwa is superior to Nri and Amadioha is not in the same class as Shango.

146 Likes 11 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by DIVINE78: 3:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
Jobless old men.
Say another thing.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Babatundetinubu: 3:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Chubhie:

iPod English on display.... grin grin...Deborah nko.... grin

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by disloman(m): 3:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
Must this igbo group talk to show that they are relevant?If I talk say they are the most useless and worthless ethnic Asso in Nigeria,them go talk say I no like the igbos.What a reckless statement.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by disloman(m): 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Chubhie:
Lolzzzzzzzzzz.Igbo people sha.They won't cease to amuse mi.

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ohaneze ndiigbo is a compromised body and thus doesn't hold opinions of the Igbo's.

Come 2019 Igbo's may have to go against ohaneze wish and vote for ambode. To prove to them how disgust they look more than the ofe's

I think that will put these folks to standard.

Even ipoob will be disappointed with this reckless unworthy disposition.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Chubhie: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Babatundetinubu:

iPod English on display.... grin grin...Deborah nko.... grin
You should be busy collecting owo daa and not looking for Deborah or Ruth online.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by hakeem4(m): 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hahahahaha when did basket mouth join ohaneze

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by lolaxavier(m): 3:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
macfish101:
Ambode! Ambode! Ambode! How many time did I call you? Kpachara anya!!! The hate is too much....

Go and die!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Inspectahdeck(m): 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
LOL!

In Burahi's voice what do igbos want?

At least they did not vote for him instead they openly supported pdp's agbaje. So why expect anything from him. Luke 12 V 48 "to whom much was given, of him much will be required".

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Chubhie: 3:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
OgbeifunErom:

Ruth Ko, Sarah ni
IPOB Youth!
Sikira noni.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by disloman(m): 3:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
Lobolintin:
As an Igbo dude...Ohaneze doesn't speak for me

Ambode Akinwumi is a friend of the Biaigbo....

He has done well and needs my blessing ...let them go home and establish
What about those yoruba people that collect levy,rent from them.Did they complain?I won't doubt it if they have exchange their brain for money.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Chubhie: 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2016
disloman:
Lolzzzzzzzzzz.Igbo people sha.They won't cease to amuse mi.
LOL.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Justice Abang Okon Asks Maina To Stop Looking At Him / Governor Yahaya Bello's Accident Scene In Abuja (Photos) / Obiano Tries To Kiss His Wife In Public - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.