Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze (52748 Views)

My Assets As PMB And Vice Have Declared Asset Too / Buhari Replies Critics: I Have Declared My Assets Four Times Since 1974 / SGF Position: Buhari Has Demonstrated His Hatred For Ndigbo – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by akinszz: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
Did u just say scared? Scared of who? Scared of people who didn't vote for him or what do u mean? Iyalaya anybody...
maestroz:
Ambode, don't be scared, you have the backing of the Oba of Lagos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Johnbosco77(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2016
irunooboo:
Bunch of red capped jokers crying as if only igbos own shops in oshodi. How much is the so called wares of their brothers self? Is it those fake pirated Cd's from Alaba or those second hand okrika clothes they are fond of selling?? With the way they are wailing, one would think the igbos lost more money than Yoruba traders who mostly lost millions but remained quiet and obedient. Igbos are fond of playing the victim card in every situation. They better respect their host or expect more harsh treatments undecided sipping my sperm juice cool
u claim to be a female, yet u dey sip ur sperm juice...
take ur time o Mr man for that romance section.
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Smooyis(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
Talk with restraints. Let love lead!
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by olayinkafuny80(m): 6:56pm On Jan 11, 2016
if i have my way i will burn down all the shops

3 Likes

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Sanchez01: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
Winnie2015:
I'm an Igbo woman but I have to ask, who the hell does this Ohaneze think he is? If you don't like the way you're treated in a place, pack and go! It's only Igbos that will go to another man's land and be dragging rights. It's annoying honestly. Y'all need to come back home and grow the East. You've tried to be a part of Lagos but they don't want you. Come back and make Ariaria what it used to be. Make newer bigger markets here in the East. My honest opinion....
It's quite unfortunate that an Igbo woman is pointing this out. As much as I hate to generalise, Igbos who think Lagos belongs to everyone should brood and relax. Igbos are not the only ones in Nigeria. While an Hausa man would not complain if you carve out a small kiosk for him in a corner of your mansion, a Yoruba man would just want anywhere to lay his head within your compound; an Igbo man, on the other hand, would rather protest to have the same treatment as the owner of the house and would be quick to scream injustice when he is put in his place.

The Ohaneze, for the sake of Igbos living outside the East, should learn to be diplomatic and calm.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by arabianights: 6:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
[b]Why dont they punish him by forcing him to traffick drugs to any asian country of their choice or simply use him for rituals.[/b]Ewu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by SUBWAY101(m): 6:59pm On Jan 11, 2016
raumdeuter:
Madness is in the DNA of some people like these Ohaneze

Oha is soup in Ibo? So Ohaneze should mean Soup for the king or Soup for the gods

Buhahahaha. Lwkmd

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by olayinkafuny80(m): 7:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
if i have my way i will burn down all the shops both the one in alaba international the one in idimu ,iyana ipaja

4 Likes

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by PentiumPro(f): 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
discusant:

Gani Fahwhemi openly called President Olusegun Obasanjo a foolish man who only understood how to eat Egusi soup and pounded yam.

If Buhari is feeling inferior, that is the only reason he should bother about what Kanu and his group called him ,but that's his cup of tea. There's nothing Americans don't call Barack Obama..

The worst thing Buhari can do to Kanu is kill him. Another Kanu comes up immediately and does
worse than Kanu.

Some of you who want to drink crude oil in the south south keep on goading Buhari to do evil, to forget that Nigeria is in a democratic dispensation where free speech is the order.

Hopefully you will be the one to step into the shoes of Kanu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Alashi(m): 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
The way things are going I will position myself to be cursed by the igbo. They cursed fashola then Buhari and now Ambode. From this angle I can't see them complaining.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Prince16: 7:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
Sanchez01:

It's quite unfortunate that an Igbo woman is pointing this out. As much as I hate to generalise, Igbos who think Lagos belongs to everyone should brood and relax. Igbos are not the only ones in Nigeria. While an Hausa man would not complain if you carve out a small kiosk for him in a corner of your mansion, a Yoruba man would just want anywhere to lay his head within your compound; an Igbo man, on the other hand, would rather protest to have the same treatment as the owner of the house and would be quick to scream injustice when he is put in his place.

The Ohaneze, for the sake of Igbos living outside the East, should learn to be diplomatic and calm.
This is another thinking Igbo man!
Conversely, I won't be surprised if one nincompoop label u a "yoruba" person or a "born throwey igbo" 4 ds logical comment of urs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by PentiumPro(f): 7:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
Alashi:
The way things are going I will position myself to be cursed by the igbo. They cursed fashola then Buhari and now Ambode. From this angle I can't see them complaining.

Lolzzz, you are essentially saying anyone Igbos curse goes on to become successful?
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by IgrigiEOD: 7:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
**grins** I detest these sleazy ohaneze charlatans. They are one the reason Igbos are a laughing stock. All mouth, no action. IPOB will find a way to fix them. **grins**
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Sanchez01: 7:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
Prince16:

This is another thinking Igbo man!
Conversely, I won't be surprised if one nincompoop label u a "yoruba" person or a "born thrower igbo" 4 ds logical comment of urs.
I'm an Urhobo man, although I'm in the SE at the momentsmiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by MARKone(m): 7:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
These oha n'eze old men should not cause problems for Umunna m that are trying to make it ends meet in various parts of the country, especially Lagos. They are grey haired men hence should make statements that are laced with wisdom, and not trying to incite violence and baseless treats, how can a group draw a battle line with a sitting government, are we the only people that had their shops demolished, are yorubas, Hausas and even the Ijaws not affected. So my very few brothers and sisters that ply their trade at that Oshodi now represents all the Igbos in Lagos, I don't understand, are there not a lot of Igbo professionals there, who are gainfully employed, that are not in Oshodi. Please lets not allow these Old men bring problems for us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by playahata: 7:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ephemmm:

You can continue your ranting to eternity: it can't force Ambode to revoke his action. Destruction of Oshodi market has been in the air from the time immemorial.

Everybody has been notified since last year to vacate the place: what stopped them from moving away? I have a friend selling shoes their; don't think I don't have first hand information.

Ownership is different from possession. Lagos state is the owner of the market and no occupant can dictate what the owner would do with his/her properties.

Chickena.
so in your opinion this is the best result?
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Prince16: 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
Sanchez01:
I'm an Urhobo man, although I'm in the SE at the momentsmiley
That's cool.

1 Like

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by FisifunKododada: 7:14pm On Jan 11, 2016
cool The YEEBOO - we who are 'in the know' get them. The Victim Mentality Industrial Complex is been activated. grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by OfoIgbo: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
NewNigeriaMind:

I HAVE A HOUSE OCUUPIRED BY MOSTLY IGBOS, IF I DECIDE TO DEMOLSISH IT TOMORROW I OWE NON OF THEM AN EXPLANATION.

But you will definitely owe them a whole lot of explanation if their properties are demolished also
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by ElekeNtioba: 7:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
porshuch:
Nkita racha ohaneze Anya. Who owns those shops that were demolished? Answer is YORUBA People, but did you hear them complain? Government even gave them up to one year to pack out. Sometimes it baffles me how the Igbo of my generation thinks.

When Peter Obi decongested upper Iweka, nobody lamented, but now see how beautiful upper Iweka is now, why is ohaneze sentimental about this, You ppl should leave Ambode to develop his state the way he wants. If you're not ok with his policy please pack to another state.

I refuse to be a sentimental Igbo.

ur reasoning and line of thought is shocking. The Lagos State Govt NOT d yoruba pple are d owners of d market and 70 - 80 %of MAJOR taders in dat market are Igbos. Who should be d ones REALLY complaining over a demolition??

You are comparing 'demolition' of an entire market to 'decongestion' of another....smh. You see hw immature u sound??

You were in a hurry to please ur yoruba friends u failed to note dat actual demolition warning came on Dec 21 when many igbo traders have travelled to d east. Many lost their wares due to short time given between warning and actual demolition. And its ok by you??

I have always said dat Igbos of ur kind are d greatest danger facing d Igbo nation. Not d fulani nor their yoruba slaves but YOU.

clap for yourself

Nwa bingo!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by domejike(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2016
lolaxavier:

The apex socio-Igbo cultural organization, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has declared Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode as number one enemy of Ndigbo.

The development is sequel to the demolition of Oshodi market, which is believed to be largely occupied by Ndigbo on the first week of the New Year.

Speaking at a press briefing in Enugu on Monday, the national President of the Ohanaeze Youth Council, OYC, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro, alongside the National Secretary, Okwu Nnabuike said Ambode by his actions had drawn a battle line between himself and the entire Igbo land.

While describing the demolition as “an action done in bad faith”, the group wondered why the Lagos State Government should carry out such act at a time when it clearly knew that the owners of the shops were in their villages for the Christmas and the New Year festivities.

He said, “it is instructive to observe here that contrary to all principles of common justice, the traders were merely given few days quit notice. It is equally shocking that the government chose such a wrong time for the demolition exercise, thereby not only taking the shops from them but making sure that their wares were looted.

“We are forced to ask: could this be the starting point in implementing Oba of Lagos’s earlier threat during the election period that Ndigbo would be thrown into the Lagoon? Could it be another round of deportation of exercise, similar to what former governor Fashola did? These appear to be so considering that a witch cried in the night and a child died in the morning.”

While maintaining that the Lagos State Government’s action was a threat to the unity of the country, he demanded for adequate compensation of the traders who had suffered great losses as a result of the demolition.

He stressed that “it is quite inhuman for people’s means of livelihood to be taken away from them in such a manner. The government’s claim that arms were recovered from a section of the market does not fly at all here because it cannot be a reason for such a wicked treatment purely targeted on a particular people.

“We demand that the Governor of Lagos State should direct relevant government agencies to adequately compensate these traders; anything short of that, Ndigbo will henceforth regard the Governor as their number one arch-enemy.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/01/11/we-have-declared-ambode-enemy-of-ndigbo-ohanaeze/
Anybody that says what ambode did is good... May similar fate befall the person's source of livelihood as it affects his/her dependants... 'One Nigeria my ass'. Spits n walks out of thread. I no call names o.

1 Like

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2016
PentiumPro:

I don't know how you guys are twisting this your segregation palaver.
Nobody is hating you for wanting to go, it's your insults and abuses that others are returning,

How come your ban ended so soon? It was meant to be till 2017
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by oweman: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2016
Silly people if you are so ahdivef ho build your own market in Onitsha and dire t your gun funnddto be stock pilling arms there this market is set up by theLagos state government for the USS of Lagosians and if anyone is not satisfied with the demolion such people should go take a dibd into the lagoon .
Ibo'z rate themsslbes far above their worth !
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by oweman: 7:47pm On Jan 11, 2016
Silly people if you are so ahdivef ho build your own market in Onitsha and dire t your gun funnddto be stock pilling arms there this market is set up by theLagos state government for the USS of Lagosians and if anyone is not satisfied with the demolion such people should go take a dibd into the lagoon .
Ibo'z rate themselves far above their worth !

1 Like

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by wink2015(m): 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
[size=18pt]How many yoruba people are selling in Onitsha market? Igbos should appreciate the hospitality granted to them by the Yorubas[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by oweman: 7:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=oweman post=41882570]Silly people i
If you are so agrived go build your own market in Onitsha and direct your gun runners to start stock pilling arms there t
This market is set up by theLagos state government for the Due of Lagosians and if anyone is not satisfied with the demolion such people should go take a dive nto the lagoon .
Nigerians won't miss them !
Ibo's are too sure and loud with thier over sabi you are over rating yourselves !
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by ODUBEZE: 7:52pm On Jan 11, 2016
lolaxavier:
Please what is ohaneze?
Why do these people feel that any action carried out is purposely to deal with them.

So government should not work again because someone somewhere is getting drunk with palm wine in his village.

Again, they may constitute a significant % of the shop owners in Oshodi, igbos are not the only tribe in that market. These people should just shvt up and move on with the ongoing progress. Illegal structures claiming space...
May the same work be applied to your means of livelihood. Amen!
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by ODUBEZE: 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
porshuch:
Nkita racha ohaneze Anya. Who owns those shops that were demolished? Answer is YORUBA People, but did you hear them complain? Government even gave them up to one year to pack out. Sometimes it baffles me how the Igbo of my generation thinks.

When Peter Obi decongested upper Iweka, nobody lamented, but now see how beautiful upper Iweka is now, why is ohaneze sentimental about this, You ppl should leave Ambode to develop his state the way he wants. If you're not ok with his policy please pack to another state.

I refuse to be a sentimental Igbo.
That is if you are one! bast***d
Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Olushauneddy(m): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2016
The name of the market demolished was " Owonifari " and not " Ndigbo" market..Now they'll know who owns Lagos and stop dreaming that " Lagos is no man's land "...Oba Rilwan Akiolu 1 is the Emeritus Governor of Lagos State.

6 Likes

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by Alashi(m): 8:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
PentiumPro:

Lolzzz, you are essentially saying anyone Igbos curse goes on to become successful?
You wan hear am for my mouth? Abi you think say na coincidence.

1 Like

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by porshuch: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2016
ODUBEZE:

That is if you are one! bast***d
you're a disgrace to that your moniker. If you know the meaning of your name, you wouldn't hv called me a bastard. Ngwa nara muo nso in Jesus name. grin

1 Like

Re: We Have Declared Ambode Enemy Of Ndigbo – Ohanaeze by porshuch: 8:08pm On Jan 11, 2016
ElekeNtioba:

ur reasoning and line of thought is shocking. The Lagos State Govt NOT d yoruba pple are d owners of d market and 70 - 80 %of MAJOR taders in dat market are Igbos. Who should be d ones REALLY complaining over a demolition??

You are comparing 'demolition' of an entire market to 'decongestion' of another....smh. You see hw immature u sound??

You were in a hurry to please ur yoruba friends u failed to note dat actual demolition warning came on Dec 21 when many igbo traders have travelled to d east. Many lost their wares due to short time given between warning and actual demolition. And its ok by you??

I have always said dat Igbos of ur kind are d greatest danger facing d Igbo nation. Not d fulani nor their yoruba slaves but YOU.

clap for yourself

Nwa bingo!
Have you been to oshodi before? I guess you've not. Ngwa rie nsi ebe obuna ino now. grin. NWA Ewu.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Will Beat You To Death Anytime I Catch You – Tompolo Warns Festus Keyamo / 11 Nigerian Incoming Senators Facing Corruption Probe / What Some Americans Think Of Nigeria And Nigerians (Screenshots)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.