Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million (25381 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Drags Fayemi To EFCC Over N40bn / Buhari’s Minister Plans To Update Website For N795 Million - See Photo / I Need N795 Million For Website Update – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by firerizedman: 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
I don't like PMB, but seriously I pity him. The forces in the nation are proving too strong for him. He is digging massive grave for himself.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by decode55(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Obiagelli:
Hmmm

Nwanyi mmara mma. I would like to hear your stance on this issue.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Jeggings: 2:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
Looking at these figures alone, I have headache. Something is wrong with that our country. Trump was right. They need to be recolonised all over again angry angry angry
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by abbey621(m): 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2016
There's no arguing with facts, this is spot on! You can't champion the anti-corruption war and yet approve such ridiculous budgets, this is one of the few things that PMB totally got wrong and I hope the more people cry out about this the more informed our leaders become. A government website for a ministry at most should not be more than 200 million naira and only if it has subdomains for each one of the 36 states.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 2:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
Laid2001:
It all depends on the type of platform and software to be used.

For example, it will cost millions of dollars for any conglomerate to develop SAP Enterprise system. Yet, most IOCs and conglomerate had to do it because it helps to save money eventually. As it helps in integrating all arms of a company together.

We are not talking of your day to day blog site here. I am even amazed by many ignoramuses online here shouting they are in ICT sector and saying they can do it for so and so amount. How can you say so when you don't even know the content and scope of what is required.

Another scenario is if the ministry wants to really go computerized and had to buy stand alone software for each staff or have to pay for software licenses par users. Some software licenses can cost up to $1k per user. With up to 2 thousand user in the ministry that is already $2 million (N400 million) and that is only one software.

Where I work, Software licenses alone cost millions of dollars annually. Yet we make our money back from our product!
In all honesty, do you believe this your post? I mean the stand alone software and all that. The budgeted amount was clearly for 'website update' and not for software acquisition or IT infrastructure, meanwhile bear in mind that the focus of the ministry is on solid minerals/mining and not IT. Even a dynamic website with realtime database operations can't gulp such outrageous amount. If such an amount can be budgeted for just 'website update', how much then should exploration, mapping and documentation of the various solid minerals which is supposed to be the major focus of the ministry cost?

In your passionate bid to defend your sentimental inclination to the government, don't forget to keep your eyes on the ultimate goal which is the judicious management of our commonwealth.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Trut(m): 2:48pm On Jan 15, 2016
grin grin
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by persius555(m): 2:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
I can imagine this is the newst fraud that politicians perpetuate in the name of ICT compliance.

Has the president seen this?
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Harbb: 2:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ola17:

In all honesty, do you believe this your post? I mean the stand alone software and all that. The budgeted amount was clearly for 'website update' and not for software acquisition or IT infrastructure, meanwhile bear in mind that the focus of the ministry is on solid minerals/mining and not IT. Even a dynamic website with realtime database operations can't gulp such outrageous amount. If such an amount can be budgeted for just 'website update', how much then should exploration, mapping and documentation of the various solid minerals which is supposed to be the major focus of the ministry cost?

In your passionate bid to defend your sentimental inclination to the government, don't forget to keep your eyes on the ultimate goal which is the judicious management of our commonwealth.

My brother don't mind these folks. Do you know that a whooping N926,893,275 have been earmarked for the acquisition of computers? This is besides the sum (N2,258,000) earmarked for software acquisition. Using my knowledge of arithmetic, if each computer will cost One million Naira, 926 computers will be acquired. Where are they going to keep these computers? This change get as e be o.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 3:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
Harbb:

My brother don't mind these folks. Do you know that a whooping N926,893,275 have been earmarked for the acquisition of computers? This is besides the sum (N2,258,000) earmarked for software acquisition. Using my knowledge of arithmetic, if each computer will cost One million Naira, 926 computers will be acquired. Where are they going to keep these computers? This change get as e be o.
For real?! Almost a Billion?

Please can you tell me the ministry/parastatal that budgeted this amount for computers?
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by arewaempire: 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
bloodykiller:

Otu nne i

Ewu! tongue
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by AK481(m): 3:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
StOla:

Fashola's was also listed as "website update" but it turned out that to be more. From his explanation, the website was a repository of licensed software made available to the public with the cost already borne by the state government under the caption of "Website Update".

None from the mob of critics came out to fault the claim or prove that the licensed software available on the website should have cost significantly less?

I'm not an emotional critic or apologist.

I hope if a plausible clarification is given subsequently on this outlandish amount for a website update, you would hurry here to acknowledge your error?

LICENCE FOR WEBSITE.

PLS EXPLAIN TO ME MORE.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Harbb: 3:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ola17:

For real?! Almost a Billion?

Please can you tell me the ministry/parastatal that budgeted this amount for computers?

We are talking about the same Ministry here. Ministry of Solid Minerals.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
Harbb:

We are talking about the same Ministry here. Ministry of Solid Minerals.
Jesus!

Cc StOla
Are you ware that the same ministry also budgeted
N926,893,275 For computers and
N2,258,000 For software acquisition?
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Billygee2u: 3:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
snailspeed:
On wednesday, I raised some specific arreas of corruption that President Buhari and the APC led government have to explain to the masses since May 29 and especially in the last few months. As a follow up to that, I will be looking at specifics in the coming days.

First on the list and since this is hot and fresh on our plate, I will be taking a look at the missing but found #BudgetOfYams. The whole event around the budget has become one big national disgrace that has taking us many steps backwards among the comity of nations. Seeing such a shameful news on BBC site is really sad and depressing and makes you ask why we have been this ladened with such a group of incompetent and stoneage leaders.

Having said that, I will start this with a simple item in the budget. I will advise everyone to please get a copy of the budget. It is available online. This one just caught my attention and is a prime example of how this budget was designed at a conduit pipe to steal and as a medium to repay politicians monies spent during the last elections. The first truth about the budget you will realise is that, if you prune it from all the corruption and bloated items, you will arrive at a budget of around N4 trillion. The rest is just largese to be shared by members of the ruling party. And to think that they are even going to borrow to fund their corruption largese is dishearthening.

This one is really hillarious. The federal ministry of solid minerals will be updating their website in 2016 with, wait for it......

N795, 234.275

Seven hundred and ninety five million Naira only! Oshe!!!

Maybe they want to develop another Facebook for Nigeria. Note that this is for update oh. This is not even to design a site from scratch. When it was revealed that saint Fashola did a website for N78m, we thought we had seen it all. But we thought wrong. APC is change so N78m will not do this time. Former Gov Fayemi has taken it to a whole new level and moved the ministry to the permanent site. You know he is close to Fashola so he must have learnt a thing or two from the master. Remember the N3.3 Billion government house where he spent N50 million on two beds?

I can confidently say that a small group of 5 Nairalanders can deliver such a site for 2 Million with thank you. We are really making progress in this country.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 3:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Obama Care too was a ministry's website, not even the entire ministry just a part of it. I'm not defending this website, if you read the post I was responding to you'll realize I was responding to someone saying it's not possible to build a website for that amount. I'm not sure where you reside has to do with anything. I'll keep saying it, unless you know exactly what the "website" is about, you can't say how much it'll cost. Websites are not only about "home" "contact us" "gallery" and "about us".

For my small start up, there was a time we were paying about $1500/mo on servers and storage. That's $18,000 per year, please calculate that. We've found a way better deal now but we were paying that at some point. We had tools we also paid for, for backend operations. One of the biggest ways we saved money is because the CEO is almost like a genius programmer, if we had to add that expense God knows how much that'll have gone up to.

I'll end this by saying I don't agree with the amount in the budget only because I don't believe that amount is going to be spent on a website knowing this is Nigeria
When someone decides to view issues only through the jaundiced lenses of emotions, rational reasoning takes flight.

Bro, the ObamaCare website integrates all possible and available data that has to do with all American citizens . Do you know the population of USA? Are you aware that the Obamacare website also has an independent and reliable servers and hosts? With thousands of people to man the supercomputers and workstations that ensures it's smooth day to day operations? Are you aware that a plethora of softwares and web applets independent of any existing platform were developed solely for that website for its seamless integration with the social security department, the FBI, CIA and other government parastatals?

Even with all these cutting edge innovations, the Obamacare web project elicited enormous outcry from Americans who were convinced that the amount of money expended for it was way outrageous ( and rightly so). How then can you in all clear conscience bereft of sentimentality and partisan heroism try to justify this obvious intended fraud?

Don't make me laugh.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by bloodykiller: 4:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
arewaempire:

Ewu! tongue
Ikpu nne i tongue
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ola17:

When someone decides to view issues only through the jaundiced lenses of emotions, rational reasoning takes flight.

Bro, the ObamaCare website integrates all possible and available data that has to do with all American citizens . Do you know the population of USA? Are you aware that the Obamacare website also has an independent and reliable servers and hosts? With thousands of people to man the supercomputers and workstations that ensures it's smooth day to day operations? Are you aware that a plethora of softwares and web applets independent of any existing platform were developed solely for that website for its seamless integration with the social security department, the FBI, CIA and other government parastatals?

Even with all these cutting edge innovations, the Obamacare web project elicited enormous outcry from Americans who were convinced that the amount of money expended for it was way outrageous ( and rightly so). How then can you in all clear conscience bereft of sentimentality and partisan heroism try to justify this obvious intended fraud?

Don't make me laugh.

Please what have you said here?? Please go see what I was responding to. I was responding to the OP that said I can build such website for N2m and I asked what "such" website meant. The argument was as if it wasn't possible for a website to cost that much. All I did was to point to a website that cost 600x the controversial amount. So even when you insinuate that I'm comparing, I don't see how 600x is comparing. Then if you also take time to read what I wrote, I expressed skepticism over that amount not because a website can't cost that but because I didn't think that amount would actually be spent on it. Calm down and read sometimes, no where did I try to justify the ministry. Only argument here is that a website could cost that much... that's all!!
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Kennydoc(m): 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
StOla:

I am saying that "website update" could be a term for ICT infrastructure. Or is there any ICT cost in the budget for the ministry of solid minerals?

I don't expect a website setup to go beyond tens of millions in naira.

I know some will come here to say a website can be built for N200k. For those set of people, I know limited exposure is the cause of their ignorance.

So why should it not be stated as what it is:
Provision of ICT infrastructure for the Ministry of Solid Minerals? Why should there be ambiguity in it?
Guy, stop defending and justifying corruption.
Even if there are other provisions that will justify that amount, are those the things we should be focusing on now as a nation, considering the economic crisis we're facing?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by success10(m): 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
E BE LIKE SAY NA ONLY FURA AND KUNU BUHARI DEY SIP FOR ASO ROCK.....

TO BE HONEST...
WHY PMB FAILED TO THOROUGHLY GO TRU THE BUDGET AND SEEK ADVICE WITH QUESTIONS ON THE BUDGET BEFORE SENDING IT TO THE SENATES FOR REVIEW AND APPROVAL?
CLOSE TO 1BILLION NAIRA FOR "WEBSITE UPDATE"
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 5:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Please what have you said here?? Please go see what I was responding to. I was responding to the OP that said I can build such website for N2m and I asked what "such" website meant. The argument was as if it wasn't possible for a website to cost that much. All I did was to point to a website that cost 600x the controversial amount. So even when you insinuate that I'm comparing, I don't see how 600x is comparing. Then if you also take time to read what I wrote, I expressed skepticism over that amount not because a website can't cost that but because I didn't think that amount would actually be spent on it. Calm down and read sometimes, no where did I try to justify the ministry. Only argument here is that a website could cost that much... that's all!!
Sorry I went ballistic and hyperactive. I was irked by the part of your post I quoted below
Obama Care too was a ministry's website, not even the entire ministry just a part of it
I noticed your reservation and skepticism about the budget. My reply was necessitated by your subtle justification(my assumption) of this fraud by comparing the ministry of solid minerals and Obamacare.

My unreserved apologies.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by coolitempa(f): 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
Topeakintola:

OMG!!!

grin grin grin grin

shocked shocked shocked

You have destroyed the OP

Wow.

Snailspeed or whatever, go and retire abeg grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Well the OP.snailspeed is a known hater of the current anti corruption campaign and will do anything to tarnish the image of this government in order to facilitate the a re-emergence of the old corrupt system....of course a website for a major ministry such as that of solid minerals can very easily cost more than the amount stipulated in the budget and until the details/breakdown behind those figures are known...it will nothing other than foolhardiness to speculate irresponsibly... angry angry
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Smooyis(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2016
This should be investigated asap No to corrupt practices and practitioners.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
Ola17:

Sorry I went ballistic and hyperactive. I was irked by the part of your post I quoted below

I noticed your reservation and skepticism about the budget. My reply was necessitated by your subtle justification(my assumption) of this fraud by comparing the ministry of solid minerals and Obamacare.

My unreserved apologies.

No problem boss... just needed to clarify the point I was making

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by ImpactWorld(m): 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
I have said it before, but let me say it again.

Anyone who is honest can clearly see that APC is running Nigeria down with:

Lies, disregard for the constitution, selective fight against corruption and a 2016 budget of yams/corruption.

"The truth shall set you free"
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by evy1(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
coolitempa:

Well the OP.snailspeed is a known hater of the current anti corruption campaign and will do anything to tarnish the image of this government in order to facilitate the a re-emergence of the old corrupt system....of course a website for a major ministry such as that of solid minerals can very easily cost more than the amount stipulated in the budget and until the details/breakdown behind those figures are known...it will nothing other than foolhardiness to speculate irresponsibly... angry angry
Please read what u just posted if it makes sense to you at all.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
http://newswirengr.com/2016/01/15/ministry-of-mines-says-over-n700million-budgeted-for-website-updates-is-intended-for-all-ict-infrastructure-improvement/#

Find above the ministry's response to this. It's up to whoever to believe their explanation or not. If this is really what they're planning it could very well cost that much considering the number of departments and agencies under the ministry.

Thing is, this is Nigeria where everything looks good on paper until time for implementation. Anyway let's hold out to see what they'll build
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by coolitempa(f): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2016
evy1:
Please read what u just posted if it makes sense to you at all.

And what are you saying...if you have nothing concrete to add...then vamoose rather than embarrass yourself... grin
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by evy1(m): 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
coolitempa:

And what are you saying...if you have nothing concrete to add...then vamoose rather than embarrass yourself... grin
construct your sentences properly and stop making a mockery of yourself.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by coolitempa(f): 6:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
mrmetoo1:
http://newswirengr.com/2016/01/15/ministry-of-mines-says-over-n700million-budgeted-for-website-updates-is-intended-for-all-ict-infrastructure-improvement/#

Find above the ministry's response to this. It's up to whoever to believe their explanation or not. If this is really what they're planning it could very well cost that much considering the number of departments and agencies under the ministry.

Thing is, this is Nigeria where everything looks good on paper until time for implementation. Anyway let's hold out to see what they'll build

Good release by the ministry......some illiterates led by the likes of Snailspeed fail to understand that the classification 'website upgrade' is one which can encompass work across the different departments...many parastatals /agencies and their websites........datatransfer....infrastructure...hiring of professionals and hardware/software acquisition....etc...dummies everywhere... grin
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by feedthenation(m): 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Well the explanation from the Permanent Secretary is too late, before the information was included in the overall budget documents, all the information should have been verified adequately...someone along the chain of command should be responsible for this massive error.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by inlandtaipan: 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
BuddhaPalm:
What do you guys know about web design?

The Ministry of SOLID Minerals doesn't need an ordinary website.

They need a SOLID website.

And solid websites cost great money.
solid website, na twin tower them wan build?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by gannod(m): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
When Ekiti people voted Fayemi out,all manner of insults were passed on them. Nigerians can now see Fayemi for who he is. Anyway,he is a 'saint' so let's just allow him update the website at any cost.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Return Home, Things Are Changing In Nigeria" - FG Tells Nigerians In Diaspora / Shehu Shagari: Ex-president Jonathan arrives in Sokoto / Why Does Reno Omokri Hate Peter Obi So Much? By David160

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.