Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million (25393 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Drags Fayemi To EFCC Over N40bn / Buhari’s Minister Plans To Update Website For N795 Million - See Photo / I Need N795 Million For Website Update – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

Fashola's was also listed as "website update" but it turned out that to be more. From his explanation, the website was a repository of licensed software made available to the public with the cost already borne by the state government under the caption of "Website Update".

None from the mob of critics came out to fault the claim or prove that the licensed software available on the website should have cost significantly less?

I'm not an emotional critic or apologist.

I hope if a plausible clarification is given subsequently on this outlandish amount for a website update, you would hurry here to acknowledge your error?
I will definitely apologize if they come up with a plausible explanation for earmarking such outlandish sum for 'website update'.

I'm not being overly emotional, this is my field of expertise. Mind you, Fashola didn't give any reasonable explanation for expending the purported figure on 'website update'. Software acquisition would've made a little bit more sense.

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

I am saying that "website update" could be a term for ICT infrastructure. Or is there any ICT cost in the budget for the ministry of solid minerals?

I don't expect a website setup to go beyond tens of millions in naira.

I know some will come here to say a website can be built for N200k. For those set of people, I know limited exposure is the cause of their ignorance.
ICT infrastructure? Lolololololol. Seems you didn't see the New ICT Laboratory costing 4.45 million naira on the budget. Now tell me what else it could be?

13 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 10:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

Fashola's was also listed as "website update" but it turned out that to be more. From his explanation, the website was a repository of licensed software made available to the public with the cost already borne by the state government under the caption of "Website Update".

None from the mob of critics came out to fault the claim or prove that the licensed software available on the website should have cost significantly less?

I'm not an emotional critic or apologist.

I hope if a plausible clarification is given subsequently on this outlandish amount for a website update, you would hurry here to acknowledge your error?

Which website software do you want to acquire for N795M? You think you are dealing with members of your village here? Please be aware that this is an Internet forum with people all over the world reading. Dont make yourself a laughing stock my friend!

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 10:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:
ICT infrastructure? Lolololololol. Seems you didn't see the ICT Laboratory costing 4.45 million naira. Now tell me what else could it be?

I have even now seen computer cost as N928m+.

This is what I expected the "software update" to include.

So it is obvious the N700m+ does not cover any ICT infrastructure.

Someone has to be sacked for daring to type that without losing breath. We as Nigerians need to demand better from our leaders.

The OP has done well to bring this to light. A lot of information always craftily hidden right in front of us. Times are really changing, only us can truly ensure that corruption dies.

9 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Descartes: 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
When I said I said that the kind of dasuking that will greet this administration will be mind blogging, they all call for my head. This is just a tip of an iceberg on the impending disaster awaiting to happen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

I have even now seen computer cost as N928m+.

This is what I expected the "software update" to include.

So it is obvious the N700+ does not cover any ICT infrastructure.

Someone has to be sacked for daring to type that without losing breath. We as Nigerians need to demand better from our leaders.

The OP has done well to bring this to light. A lot of information always craftily hidden right in front of us. Times are really changing, only us can truly ensure that corruption dies.
Lololol. Imagine where Computer Cost is competing with Website Update Cost. Lololol.

Same old wine in new wine skin. Nigerians do not really know what change looks like. The government doesn't need change it's we who need change our evil ways and it will reflect in the system.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 10:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ola17:

I will definitely apologize if they come up with a plausible explanation for earmarking such outlandish sum for 'website update'.

I'm not being overly emotional, this is my field of expertise. Mind you, Fashola didn't give any reasonable explanation for expending the purported figure on 'website update'. Software acquisition would've made a little bit more sense.

OK!
That's the spirit.

The ball is now in the court of the minister. Fayemi needs to be bombarded the way Jonathan's ministers were kept on their toes by the media.

Hopefully, Buhari unlike Jonathan, will not think it is a crime to sack his ministers and prosecute them when culpable in criminal acts.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:
I'd like to know what the President will say on this one. Is this even sensible at all? Will such website require a physical building? This will not go down well.

The same president that earmarked more than NGN 3Billion for the purchase of unspecified numbers of BMW cars Even when he's preaching austerity measures? You mean the same PMB that budgeted over NGN 700 Million for provision of 'recreational facilities' ? Pray tell, what do you expect to hear from the same president that planned to use over over NGN 300 Million for 'electrical cable' from main gate to drivers quarters?

18 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by help3852: 10:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
olukenzo:
OMG Wow. What is really happening with this budget? Has no one sat down to vet all these nonsense? I thought they were doing zero based budgeting?
when they told you that they want to get a loan of over 1trillion to run the country, wat do you think it was for?

when the budget exceeded ALL THE FRAUDULENT GEJ'S, what came to your mind?

buhari has certainly not read the book in details, he would certainly not be happy.

cc: tonyebarcanista

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ola17:

The same president that earmarked more than NGN 3Billion for the purchase of unspecified number of numbers of BMW cars Even when he's preaching austerity measures? You mean the same PMB that budgeted over NGN 700 Million for provision 'recreational facilities' ? Pray tell, what do you expect to hear from the same president that planned to use over over NGN 300 Million for 'electrical cable' from main gate to drivers quarters?
Lol. I've had enough laughter for the evening. Please. But this is not funny.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 10:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
help3852:
when they told you that they want to get a loan of over 1trillion to run the country, wat do you think it was for?

when the budget exceeded ALL THE FRAUDULENT GEJ'S, what came to your mind?

buhari has certainly not read the book in details, he would certainly not be happy.

cc: tonyebarcanista

Why would he not be happy? After they have done his bidding he wont be happy? I dont get you please

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by danmasani101: 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2016

7 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by help3852: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
snailspeed:

Why would he not be happy? After they have done his bidding he wont be happy? I dont get you please
buhari is not fraudulent just the ministers will mess him up
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ola17: 11:01pm On Jan 14, 2016
snailspeed:

Which website software do you want to acquire for N795M? You think you are dealing with members of your village here? Please be aware that this is an Internet forum with people all over the world reading. Dont make yourself a laughing stock my friend!
Dude

You quoted the wrong person. Check my previous posts on this thread to ascertain my stand on this fraud.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reyginus:
Lol. I've had enough laughter for the evening. Please. But this is not funny.

I think the career civil servants in the presidency and budget office need to be changed.

We have had a change of government in the past, now we also have a change of ruling party. Still some things seem to never change - the capacity to waste resources.

I believe certain civil servants contribute to the looting that political offices commit.

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Gh0stFreak: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
cc lalasticlala
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
danmasani101:

Hypocrite & masturbator

Is that who you are?

Thanks for introducing yourself.

Now tell us something intelligent about the topic being discussed.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ola17:

Dude

You quoted the wrong person. Check my previous posts on this thread to ascertain my stand on this fraud.

Ok, fixed.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Chubhie: 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Any moniker from hence forth that chants sai buhari,Apc or change should be e-lynched.

8 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ebukaobi: 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

I think the career civil servants in the presidency and budget office need to be changed.

We have had a change of government in the past, now we also have a change of ruling party. Still some things seem to never change - the capacity to waste resources.

I believe certain civil servants contribute to the looting that political offices commit.

Jonathan was not stupid when he made blanket changes in the key personnel of parastatals and ministries

There has to be a total overhaul

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
snailspeed:

Is there anywhere I mentioned that a website or software should be acquired for such an amount?

Kindly quote me saying so.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2016
I'll say this, just because this is Nigeria I don't believe they'll upgrade the website for that amount of money. I believe this is one of those ways to steal money unless they come out and break it down further.

However let's try not too sound too ignorant. The OP said he knows guys that can build such website for N2m. What's such website? Do you know the kind of website they're trying to build? The company I worked for in the US spent millions of dollars on their "website" and spends thousands on maintenance and keeping it running. That was like a virtual office though, orders were placed through the website, payments were made, our whole inventory was on there, data entry guys were always adding new data. We in the engineering department used it to write notes and keep other departments updated on order progress and so on. Shipping and logistics kept records too, created shipping labels and so on. From the client side RMAs were created and so on and so forth.

Keep in mind the "Obama Care" website was built with $2.1bn, that's N400bn if we're using bank rates. The government was heavily criticized but they came out with a defense

6 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by snailspeed: 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
help3852:
buhari is not fraudulent just the ministers will mess him up

Clap for yourself you hear. Keep worshiping Saint Buhari! You try

He is not fraudulent at aaaaaallllll. Na only steal he dey steal!

5 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by luvinhubby(m): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ola17:

The same president that earmarked more than NGN 3Billion for the purchase of unspecified number of numbers of BMW cars Even when he's preaching austerity measures? You mean the same PMB that budgeted over NGN 700 Million for provision 'recreational facilities' ? Pray tell, what do you expect to hear from the same president that planned to use over over NGN 300 Million for 'electrical cable' from main gate to drivers quarters?

Please a staunch APC supporter should come & disclaim this or else.......!! angry

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Jonathan was not stupid when he made blanket changes in the key personnel of parastatals and ministries

There has to be a total overhaul

But Patrick Akpobolokemi was one of such changes.

Instead, he turned out to be one of the millionaires and billionaires that Jonathan rightly said he helped produce.

One thing Buhari need to do is to reform the political party and campaign funding laws. Many people are given ministry and parastatal appointments just to steal money for the party.
There has to be strict laws being enforced on how parties raise funds for their campaign.

PDP lost the presidency and by extension the federal government, suddenly the party has no more money to complete the building if its national secretariat.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 11:20pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ola17:

The same president that earmarked more than NGN 3Billion for the purchase of unspecified numbers of BMW cars Even when he's preaching austerity measures? You mean the same PMB that budgeted over NGN 700 Million for provision 'recreational facilities' ? Pray tell, what do you expect to hear from the same president that planned to use over over NGN 300 Million for 'electrical cable' from main gate to drivers quarters?

One budget at a time. They need to really clean this mess up, it's embarrassing. The budget with the website doesn't have the N3bn cars, the one with the N3bn cars doesn't have the website. I'm not sure which budget is worse but they're too many allocations that are just suspicious

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

Yes, but we shouldn't be tempted to shift the blame. The President scrutinizes every budget before approving it and any error noticed in it should be directed at him. Except we are saying that he didn't do it which is incompetence on its own.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by StOla: 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2016
mrmetoo1:
I'll say this, just because this is Nigeria I don't believe they'll upgrade the website for that amount of money. I believe this is one of those ways to steal money unless they come out and break it down further.

However let's try not too sound too ignorant. The OP said he knows guys that can build such website for N2m. What's such website? Do you know the kind of website they're trying to build? The company I worked for in the US spent millions of dollars on their "website" and spends thousands on maintenance and keeping it running. That was like a virtual office though, orders were placed through the website, payments were made, our whole inventory was on there, data entry guys were always adding new data. We in the engineering department used it to write notes and keep other departments updated on order progress and so on. Shipping and logistics kept records too, created shipping labels and so on. From the client side RMAs were created and so on and so forth.

Keep in mind the "Obama Care" website was built with $2.1bn, that's N400bn if we're using bank rates. The government was heavily criticized but they came out with a defense

Many ICT illiterates abound in Nigeria.

Some have opined that it's because we keep buying N200 pirated software in computer village.

I have asserted that websites can cost tens of millions of Naira. I know many Nairaland illiterates will disagree.

I'm sure my company's website cost millions of Dollars.

However we need the minister to explain why so much should be spent on what type of website to result to what benefits.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Ebukaobi: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

But Patrick Akpobolokemi was one of such changes.

Instead, he turned out to be one of the millionaires and billionaires that Jonathan rightly said he helped produce.

One thing Buhari need to do us to reform the political party and campaign funding laws. Many people are given ministry and parastatal appointments just to steal money for the party.
There has to be strict laws being enforced on how parties raise funds for their campaign.

PDP lost the presidency and by extension the federal government, suddenly the party has no more money to complete the building if its national secretariat.

Actually, what I meant is that Jonathan made a lot of changes after losing the elections. A lot of new DGs were suddenly appointed in several Ministries and Parastatals

The purpose was to put certain elements in place to create commotion for the incoming administration.

I have to be honest, this government has exhibited some naivety

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
StOla:

Many ICT illiterates abound in Nigeria.

Some have opined that it's because we keep buying N200 pirated software in computer village.

I have asserted that websites can cost tens of millions of Naira. I know many Nairaland illiterates will disagree.

I'm sure my company's website cost millions of Dollars.

However we need the minister to explain why so much should be spent on what type of website to result to what benefits.
What about hundreds of millions to update?

8 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
Okay. Seems I'm missing the point. Like the websites will track areas where Solid Minerals abound. I get it now. Oh! Poor me!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari: I Am Also Dealing With Bandits In The Language They Understand / LP Lagos Governorship Candidate GVR Flag Off His Campaign On An Abandoned Road / Wike Kissing His Wife At FIDA Award Event (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.