Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million (25375 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Drags Fayemi To EFCC Over N40bn / Buhari’s Minister Plans To Update Website For N795 Million - See Photo / I Need N795 Million For Website Update – Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Laid2001: 11:27am On Jan 15, 2016
It all depends on the type of platform and software to be used.

For example, it will cost millions of dollars for any conglomerate to develop SAP Enterprise system. Yet, most IOCs and conglomerate had to do it because it helps to save money eventually. As it helps in integrating all arms of a company together.

We are not talking of your day to day blog site here. I am even amazed by many ignoramuses online here shouting they are in ICT sector and saying they can do it for so and so amount. How can you say so when you don't even know the content and scope of what is required.

Another scenario is if the ministry wants to really go computerized and had to buy stand alone software for each staff or have to pay for software licenses par users. Some software licenses can cost up to $1k per user. With up to 2 thousand user in the ministry that is already $2 million (N400 million) and that is only one software.

Where I work, Software licenses alone cost millions of dollars annually. Yet we make our money back from our product!

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:27am On Jan 15, 2016
What do you guys know about web design?

The Ministry of SOLID Minerals doesn't need an ordinary website.

They need a SOLID website.

And solid websites cost great money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by arewaempire: 11:29am On Jan 15, 2016
bloodykiller:

chaii snailspeed snailspeed................ (x 20)

the slayer of the double faced TonyeBarcanista

long life and prosperity bro cool

Perpetual arss licker... grin
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by BuddhaPalm(m): 11:31am On Jan 15, 2016
Laid2001:

For example, it will cost millions of dollars for any conglomerate to develop SAP Enterprise system. Yet, most IOCs and conglomerate had to do it because it helps to save money eventually. As it helps in integrating all arms of a company together.

We are not talking of your day to day blog site here. I am even amazed by many ignoramuses online here shouting they are in ICT sector and saying they can do it for so and so amount. How can you say so when you don't even know the content and scope of what is required.

Another scenario is if the ministry wants to really go computerized and had to buy stand alone software for each staff or have to pay for software licenses par users. Some software licenses can cost up to $1k per user. With up to 2 thousand user in the ministry that is already $2 million (N400 million) and that is only one software.

Where I work, Software licenses alone cost millions of dollars annually. Yet we make our money back from our product!

Story.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by arewaempire: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2016
Laid2001:

Hmm... And do you think it is wise to purchase such type of software at a period like this for the ministry of Solid minerals?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by AmazonKindle: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2016
StOla:

I am saying that "website update" could be a term for ICT infrastructure. Or is there any ICT cost in the budget for the ministry of solid minerals?

I don't expect a website setup to go beyond tens of millions in naira.

I know some will come here to say a website can be built for N200k. For those set of people, I know limited exposure is the cause of their ignorance.
ICT infrastructure would have be a better term..but they used website because they mean website.

truth be said you APC want to steal via that medium

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by AmazonKindle: 11:35am On Jan 15, 2016
Ola17:

I will definitely apologize if they come up with a plausible explanation for earmarking such outlandish sum for 'website update'.

I'm not being overly emotional, this is my field of expertise. Mind you, Fashola didn't give any reasonable explanation for expending the purported figure on 'website update'. Software acquisition would've made a little bit more sense.

you guys should state website software that cost in their millions I want to know
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by eightsin(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2016
talktimi:
What's your beef you wailer ? The website upgrade comes with a 5.5 ltr V16 engine with 7 speed electronic triptronic automatic gearbox + front and side airbags and complimentary champagne. Do you have such website in your IPOB village

Lwtmb. All hand made.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Splashme: 11:42am On Jan 15, 2016
We were scammed as a country
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2016
StOla:
The ministry and minister need to clarify why this amount should be spent on a website.

Does the website mine gold?

As an advice to all public officers, learn to clarify the details for every expenditure and not just a line statement. It is time to include an appendix to all entries so that people don't misconstrue legitimate estimates as overinflated cost for otherwise basic expenditure.
which details attached to website upgrade can gulp close to one billion ?
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by eightsin(m): 12:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Maybe they intend using the website in moving E-money. But that I still fvcking high. Fck that shiii
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by sholey4love: 12:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
See fools, didn't you understand simple English? This is a budget for purchase and other development. It has nothing to do with website . It is written clearly says "PROJECT NAME"
you can see something like procurement, purchase e. t.c.
Kindly read it clearly and if possible you zoom the pics
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Reference(m): 12:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
StOla:

Fashola's was also listed as "website update" but it turned out that to be more. From his explanation, the website was a repository of licensed software made available to the public with the cost already borne by the state government under the caption of "Website Update".

None from the mob of critics came out to fault the claim or prove that the licensed software available on the website should have cost significantly less?

I'm not an emotional critic or apologist.

I hope if a plausible clarification is given subsequently on this outlandish amount for a website update, you would hurry here to acknowledge your error?

As long as Messi reigneth no defender can win the 'baloon door' even you. As I always say face the game not the players. Oga. These people you are defending will let you down. Nigeria is structurally preset for corruption no matter who is President, not anyone's fault. Virtually all the ministers and MILAD's who served under the Buhari and Idiagbon regime left multi-millionaires. Fayemi and co. will not be an exception.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by free13: 12:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
Website of gold........ #one chance.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by ndcide(m): 12:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
Look at Nigerians who chant anti corruption, defending corruption in an APC. government.

Not surprised. These folks can never hold this government responsible for anything.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
With a 700M website, I will be able to communicate directly with angels. Karl max was wrong. It is politics that is the opium of the people! I have said it several times despite the fact that I supported PMB and APC, I will not sacrifice common sense at the alter of party affliation.
Let even assume it is true that there is a website that cost 700M should that be the priority at this time........................

I studied the budget carefully, I wept for my country. What we see unfolding before our eyes is a grand design to rape the country to a state of coma.
It is more dangerious when people designed budget with the intention to steal. Remove the obvious wastages in 2016 budject,you will be shocked that the budget should not be more than N3trillion. I will still vounch for the integrity of PMB. But for the people he sorrounded himself with.......
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by ikechi1000(m): 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2016
what is the wahala of these western governors? that kind money for ordinary website?
hmmmmmmmmmmm..... just gimme 50k and i'll do a better job than whoever you will pay that cash.

anyways, check out https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcaohjpcsjz1lbp/doc7.pdf?dl=0
get my ebook on how to make money doing almost nothing for free and be the first to review it.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by evy1(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
sholey4love:
See fools, didn't you understand simple English? This is a budget for purchase and other development. It has nothing to do with website . It is written clearly says "PROJECT NAME"
you can see something like procurement, purchase e. t.c.
Kindly read it clearly and if possible you zoom the pics
Then u are the bigger fool,am sure even with lenses u can't still read.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by chukkiephil(m): 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
StOla:

It is best you drop all now so we can all address it.

We cannot afford to have a continuation of Jonathan's regime. Nigerians have suffered enough.

Also make sure you get the conniving and irresponsible NA to critically screen the budget and the ministers when they come defend their budget.

That is the way of a patriot. Your reward is in the change you bring about.

I read about Patrick Akpobolokemi and Tompolo's loot and I wished that they had bundled the guy into the vehicle on his re-arrest with his head dragging on the road.

That guy had no conscience, yet we had a president then?
sorry I actually came to read comments but I can't help but ask, how come you believe, judge and condemn anything you read or hear about anything that has to do with Pdp guys or Jonathan's Government without waiting for explanations or trying to help interpret their actions in a positive way? but when it comes to Apc or Buhari, you want to wait for explanations and even try to interpret their actions? is this not double standard? please WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG!! CALL A SPACE A SPACE!!

3 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 12:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
drss:
dat is america. Dis is APC govt who shouted of meeting empty treasury when they came to power. n d fact dat d country's revenue is falling due to falling oil prices, d whole website issue is ridiculous.

I agree completely. Our leaders complain that we should adjust to the economic reality but they don't do anything to reflect that. All the money to maintain offices, but cars and so on really doesn't reflect the change and falling oil prices. Unless that website can generate income, it's a complete waste.

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by sunkieisland(m): 12:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
Like my pastor dey talk

when a building is faulty, the best solution isn't correcting fault. But tearing down the building and rebuild.

This generation cannot make the change that nigerians desire, we need to begin to inculcate values of honesty, loyalty, discipline and diligence into the next generation.

If another party of 'change' is floated there will still be corruption no matter what.

We need to begin making plans for the future now.

Merci

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by chukkiephil(m): 1:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Dude I'm not going to argue with you based on your own ignorance. Go out there and learn, the world is bigger than what exists around you. For you to want to keep arguing that a site can't cost that much shows me you don't know what you're saying. Unless you know what they're trying to build or we see what they build eventually there's no telling how much they'll spend on it. There are many tools that can be incorporated in a website that costs money. You say the website is not for everyone, it could be a one stop shop for investors. Again unless you know exactly how the website will include you can't tell me you know how much it'll cost. It's like saying, for example, my house cost N120m and someone coming to say I know someone that can build a house for N10m, next question will be "have you been to my house?" Do you want to dispute the fact that the universal Healthcare website in the US costs $2.1bn? So please stay away from the argument that a website can't cost that much.

I know your duty on here is to make a certain political party look bad, I have said I don't believe they're going to spend that amount of money on the website but it's not impossible to spend such.
Dude what are you saying? you are talking about a website that will cater for a whole country that is way bigger that Nigeria!!! we are talking about a MINISTRY'S budget!!! Ffs!! Am a Web developer please and I don't reside in Nigeria!! there is no way a ministry such as the one in question can cost up to that amount!!

4 Likes

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 1:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
lawrenceunaa:
that's america this is Nigeria. For solid minerals 796M website that's so unfunny cos it would definitely not be used for what Obama care was used for.

Again I agree that the cost is ridiculous, however, not impossible. I also agree that this is Nigeria and I believe this was one way to pad the budget to divert money. I'm disappointed until they can come out to tell us what exactly the plan is for the website, this looks bad
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by chukkiephil(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
AmazonKindle:
ICT infrastructure would have be a better term..but they used website because they mean website.

truth be said you APC want to steal via that medium
hahahahaha you see, the guy even wants them to sugar coat it or give it a more robust name to that it can cover the AMOUNT!! IRANU!!
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by Meiji(m): 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
Laid2001:

But the line item doesn't say anything about "software" - it says "website update". WEBSITE UPDATE. Can you please read?

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 1:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
chukkiephil:
Dude what are you saying? you are talking about a website that will cater for a whole country that is way bigger that Nigeria!!! we are talking about a MINISTRY'S budget!!! Ffs!! Am a Web developer please and I don't reside in Nigeria!! there is no way a ministry such as the one in question can cost up to that amount!!

Obama Care too was a ministry's website, not even the entire ministry just a part of it. I'm not defending this website, if you read the post I was responding to you'll realize I was responding to someone saying it's not possible to build a website for that amount. I'm not sure where you reside has to do with anything. I'll keep saying it, unless you know exactly what the "website" is about, you can't say how much it'll cost. Websites are not only about "home" "contact us" "gallery" and "about us".

For my small start up, there was a time we were paying about $1500/mo on servers and storage. That's $18,000 per year, please calculate that. We've found a way better deal now but we were paying that at some point. We had tools we also paid for, for backend operations. One of the biggest ways we saved money is because the CEO is almost like a genius programmer, if we had to add that expense God knows how much that'll have gone up to.

I'll end this by saying I don't agree with the amount in the budget only because I don't believe that amount is going to be spent on a website knowing this is Nigeria
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by hioman: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
Laid2001:

Dat na Mumu talk! So, if all the 18 ministries or so decides to emulate the same type of platform and software, government will be spending over 1.5 Billion on website alone in this time of dire economic woes facing the country
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by delishpot: 1:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
I can arrange to have it done for 150 million less.
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by chukkiephil(m): 1:28pm On Jan 15, 2016
mrmetoo1:

Obama Care too was a ministry's website, not even the entire ministry just a part of it. I'm not defending this website, if you read the post I was responding to you'll realize I was responding to someone saying it's not possible to build a website for that amount. I'm not sure where you reside has to do with anything. I'll keep saying it, unless you know exactly what the "website" is about, you can't say how much it'll cost. Websites are not only about "home" "contact us" "gallery" and "about us".

For my small start up, there was a time we were paying about $1500/mo on servers and storage. That's $18,000 per year, please calculate that. We've found a way better deal now but we were paying that at some point. We had tools we also paid for, for backend operations. One of the biggest ways we saved money is because the CEO is almost like a genius programmer, if we had to add that expense God knows how much that'll have gone up to.

I'll end this by saying I don't agree with the amount in the budget only because I don't believe that amount is going to be spent on a website knowing this is Nigeria
ok agreed, but I still maintain that Obama care should not be used as case study as they are different scenarios, the problem is our leaders use all this stuffs to allocate money to themselves and settle others so they use stuffs like this to steal money!! even access to Internet is quite expensive and the quality is not good, how come the government is talking about how to make access to Internet cheap??
Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by bloodykiller: 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
arewaempire:

Perpetual arss licker... grin
Otu nne i

1 Like

Re: Fayemi To Update Website With N795 Million by mrmetoo1: 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
chukkiephil:
ok agreed, but I still maintain that Obama care should not be used as case study as they are different scenarios, the problem is our leaders use all this stuffs to allocate money to themselves and settle others so they use stuffs like this to steal money!! even access to Internet is quite expensive and the quality is not good, how come the government is talking about how to make access to Internet cheap??

Only reason I used Obama Care as an example is because of someone that was generalizing and making it seem like it's impossible for a website to cost that much. So what I did was to point to a legit website that cost almost 600x the ridiculous amount allocated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fashola Inspects Emergency Repair Of Kaduna-Abuja Expressway (Photos) / Dino Melaye Rocks "Crying For Naija" Top To Mourn Benue Victims / 2023 Presidential Election - Prediction And Analysis Of Possible Outcome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.