Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC (30257 Views)

Nigerian Man Honoured In Spain For Saving Life Of A Spanish Citizen. Photos / Professor Chukwuka Okonjo Honoured In ghana / President Jonathan Honoured In Atlanta By The SCLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by LesbianBoy(m): 12:43am On Jan 15, 2016
The HERO himself!

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:45am On Jan 15, 2016
grandeur247:
Congrats to a great man of prestige... this man has positively influence a lot of people in my area

Yes ooo he influenced dansuki too are u from the same area ?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Yomboy4ever(m): 12:49am On Jan 15, 2016
EFCC. Pls chek the names& faces of D organizers am sure they benefited from dansuki`s billions
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 15, 2016
cheesy
Dragonking:
GEJ will continue to be honoured while the opposition will continue to be confused by speaking Hausa and English at the same time. grin
grin
Dragonking:
GEJ will continue to be honoured while the opposition will continue to be confused by speaking Hausa and English at the same time. grin

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by whytevardy(m): 1:20am On Jan 15, 2016
see how Mr. former president is fresh

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:
Jonathan can continue to deceive himself. That is his problem

Travelling to the USA and taking pictures with irrelevant people will not stop Nigerians from asking him the key questions

Nigerians are not fools!

There are many Nigerians that live in the US and they know he is gallivanting and using the opportunity to deflect from his responsibilities.

You cannot steal so much money and cover it up with a PR campaign

When he is done, he will come and account for his theft in Nigeria

Just because you are unfamiliar with SCLC doesn't make them irrelevant. SCLC actually lobbies for change and law change. Take time and learn something. THis is a very high honor to be recognized by SCLC for any man, especially a foreigner. I am Black American and I love me some Goodluck Johnathan.

13 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by lilygabriel08: 1:53am On Jan 15, 2016
Vanquay:
Are you fvcking kidding me?? undecided
Nigerian-Americans hate him
Nigerian immigrants loathe him
Any individual with Nigerian Blood despises him

Still heard my dad smiling to the bank, apparently $$$ was 280 naira and his village people are loving it for this lipsrsealed

If Jonathan was Clueless as an individual, Buhari will destroy this country as a Tyrant

Damn Nigerians are *INSERT INSULT* How the fvck do you vote corrupt leaders in a row?
why do you have to say anything

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by banio: 1:58am On Jan 15, 2016
Everybody wants to associate with my Hero. The great Izon nation lives forever

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by nnachukz(m): 2:05am On Jan 15, 2016
tomyka81:

Just because you are unfamiliar with SCLC doesn't make them irrelevant. SCLC actually lobbies for change and law change. Take time and learn something. THis is a very high honor to be recognized by SCLC for any man, especially a foreigner. I am Black American and I love me some Goodluck Johnathan.
you don't need to mind him, the comment is just out of frustration and hatred. If the group had given the award to Buhari, you will see this nigga here dancing unclad to Abuja that sai buhari is recognised and respected worldwide. Unfortunatedly, nobody recognises a confused hateful fellow.

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Bitterleafsoup: 2:13am On Jan 15, 2016
kiss
Even Jesus was not loved by his people but see his legacy...

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 2:43am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Travelling to the USA and taking pictures with irrelevant people will not stop Nigerians from asking him the key questions

Nigerians are not fools!

There are many Nigerians that live in the US and they know he is gallivanting and using the opportunity to deflect from his responsibilities.

You call the people he takes photographs with "irrelevant"? Show me the relevant people you or any member of your family has taken photograph with here in Nigeria (I am not talking about outside)

No be to dey type trash with your cheap fone...You or your buhari should go and arrest him na let's see! Rubbbish!!

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by October1960: 2:55am On Jan 15, 2016
The people overseas that honor this man have not come to see the mess he and his party have done in 16 years.

The ones here in Naija are bootlickers that probably benefitted directly or indirectly from PDP misrule for 16 years. All tribes and regions took part in the misrule.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by zonax(m): 3:04am On Jan 15, 2016
When God bless, no nan can curse.
This man is just a reminder that our God can bless someone.

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 3:07am On Jan 15, 2016
whytevardy:
see how Mr. former president is fresh

While one old Scarecrow i know somewhere in Abuja whose wife owns a N10m wrist watch is looking like an AIDS patient. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by tsdarkside(m): 3:10am On Jan 15, 2016
make dem keep am in atlanta...abegi..

or we will lock him up in nigeria.... angry angry angry angry angry.....nonesense,,,,...
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by MayorofLagos(m): 3:17am On Jan 15, 2016
This is the handwork of Reno Omokri promoting Jonathan in the Evangelical South.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by fareed69(m): 3:35am On Jan 15, 2016
grandeur247:
Congrats to a great man of prestige... this man has positively influence a lot of people in my area

Okay in your Area.

Surely that should be in the Creeks I guess.

Cos those in the City will have a Negative Influence.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Billygee2u: 3:48am On Jan 15, 2016
auntysimbiat:
Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was today (January 14th) honored by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. He was awarded with the Presidential Award in recognition of his leadership in advancing human rights, social justice and the fight for universal freedom.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-OSWDejQyjUY/Vpgbhx7FKRI/AAAAAAAH_iI/3astvNR2gVI/s320/1.jpg[/img]

The SCLC, founded by the late American Civil Right leader, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, in January 1957 is currently led by Dr. Charles Steele Jr. The event is part of the activities leading up to the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Day on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Former President Jonathan is the first African leader to be so honored. Dr. Jonathan also received Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's sister, Naomi King during the event. Before his remarks at the event, Dr. Jonathan met privately with the president of the SCLC.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-3FS5-uoLIXQ/VpgbixmdP2I/AAAAAAAH_iQ/RmOnk3iNKj0/s320/2.jpg[/img]
The president of the SCLC, Dr. Charles Steele Jr proposed to work with the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation to advance the cause of peace around the world and to bridge the gap between people of color in the Diaspora and Africa. Former President Jonathan responded that his vision is to help stabilize and promote democracy and peace in Africa.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-lzZNoUhaYvo/Vpgbjs8_8-I/AAAAAAAH_iU/MaEWg2MMW9U/s320/3.jpg[/img]

He went on to say that without peace you can not have economic progress. He revealed that this was the reason he pushed for Nigeria's intervention to ensure peace in various African nations such as Côte d'Ivoire while he was in office. Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and President Steele then agreed to collaborate along the lines suggested by the former Nigerian President.

At the event, former President Jonathan expressed his gratitude to the SCLC for inviting him and declared that it was "virtually impossible to separate this worthy body from its founder, the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, or from epoch making landmark events of the American Civil Rights movement".
[img]http://3.bp..com/-0_adyLNOWeE/VpgbnfrDk-I/AAAAAAAH_ig/QWkHMs4544I/s320/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0CUpGuomEro/VpgbpECFAiI/AAAAAAAH_io/qfHAx2Zg9Vg/s320/6.jpg[/img]

He also said "My personal takeaway from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, is service to God and the brotherhood and equality of all men before their Creator. In keeping with that, I have learnt not to look up to any man, except he is taller than I, or to look down on a fellow mortal, except I am admiring his shoes".

Former President Goodluck Jonathan is the Chairman of the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation and is in Atlanta, Georgia, on the invitation of a number of US institutions. Below are his full remarks at the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-q_jSzO37vqI/Vpgbq3PGozI/AAAAAAAH_i4/1MIlzxugnNY/s320/7.jpg[/img]
cc lalasticlala

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/01/photos-former-president-goodluck.html
great,GEJ born to be great.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Billygee2u: 3:48am On Jan 15, 2016
auntysimbiat:
Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was today (January 14th) honored by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. He was awarded with the Presidential Award in recognition of his leadership in advancing human rights, social justice and the fight for universal freedom.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-OSWDejQyjUY/Vpgbhx7FKRI/AAAAAAAH_iI/3astvNR2gVI/s320/1.jpg[/img]

The SCLC, founded by the late American Civil Right leader, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, in January 1957 is currently led by Dr. Charles Steele Jr. The event is part of the activities leading up to the celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Day on Monday, January 18th, 2016.

Former President Jonathan is the first African leader to be so honored. Dr. Jonathan also received Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's sister, Naomi King during the event. Before his remarks at the event, Dr. Jonathan met privately with the president of the SCLC.

[img]http://1.bp..com/-3FS5-uoLIXQ/VpgbixmdP2I/AAAAAAAH_iQ/RmOnk3iNKj0/s320/2.jpg[/img]
The president of the SCLC, Dr. Charles Steele Jr proposed to work with the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation to advance the cause of peace around the world and to bridge the gap between people of color in the Diaspora and Africa. Former President Jonathan responded that his vision is to help stabilize and promote democracy and peace in Africa.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-lzZNoUhaYvo/Vpgbjs8_8-I/AAAAAAAH_iU/MaEWg2MMW9U/s320/3.jpg[/img]

He went on to say that without peace you can not have economic progress. He revealed that this was the reason he pushed for Nigeria's intervention to ensure peace in various African nations such as Côte d'Ivoire while he was in office. Dr. Goodluck Jonathan and President Steele then agreed to collaborate along the lines suggested by the former Nigerian President.

At the event, former President Jonathan expressed his gratitude to the SCLC for inviting him and declared that it was "virtually impossible to separate this worthy body from its founder, the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, or from epoch making landmark events of the American Civil Rights movement".
[img]http://3.bp..com/-0_adyLNOWeE/VpgbnfrDk-I/AAAAAAAH_ig/QWkHMs4544I/s320/4.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp..com/-0CUpGuomEro/VpgbpECFAiI/AAAAAAAH_io/qfHAx2Zg9Vg/s320/6.jpg[/img]

He also said "My personal takeaway from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, is service to God and the brotherhood and equality of all men before their Creator. In keeping with that, I have learnt not to look up to any man, except he is taller than I, or to look down on a fellow mortal, except I am admiring his shoes".

Former President Goodluck Jonathan is the Chairman of the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation and is in Atlanta, Georgia, on the invitation of a number of US institutions. Below are his full remarks at the Southern Christian Leadership Conference.
[img]http://3.bp..com/-q_jSzO37vqI/Vpgbq3PGozI/AAAAAAAH_i4/1MIlzxugnNY/s320/7.jpg[/img]
cc lalasticlala

SOURCE: http://www.nairanaijanews.com/2016/01/photos-former-president-goodluck.html
GEJ born to be great.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Billygee2u: 3:55am On Jan 15, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Nigerians are not fools!

your hate on GEJ can't stop his greatness, rather you will end up suffering depression and heart-attack.

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by rocoh(m): 4:03am On Jan 15, 2016
Oya OBJ and the gang can you beat this...... God bless GEJ....

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:20am On Jan 15, 2016
surestsam:
oga, dis man na thief, God no fit bless am.. May God run his life d way e take run Nigeria
If Jonathan is not already blessed by God then tell me what blessing means.
Don't let hatred choke you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Justiyke4u: 4:41am On Jan 15, 2016
People are killing themselves over this man in Nigeria whereas he is doing well in abroad and then I asked myself how many past Nigerian presidents have been recognised like this abroad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by Nobody: 4:57am On Jan 15, 2016
Jonathan wey we know, na lie he use money to buy am ne ohhh
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by appini: 4:58am On Jan 15, 2016
chesterlee:
God Bless GEJ!

The Hero Of Democracy always shining unlike the tyrant, who broke a record by being the first president ever to steal a budget

If the old soldier catch you... You're on your own.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by ojinuocheibi(m): 5:18am On Jan 15, 2016
Jonathan traveling to clueless location since they voted him out. Smh in pity for him. Please don't quote me if you love your life! WARNING ⚠
Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by onunwa21(m): 5:24am On Jan 15, 2016
Daddy GEJ, am still loyal till tomorrow....ask my APC, Friends....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by onunwa21(m): 5:27am On Jan 15, 2016
Congratulations our GEJ. God blessings more nd more.....

My greetings to Mama P........

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC by onunwa21(m): 5:28am On Jan 15, 2016
Bring Back GEJ......... our economy is sinking

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians That Left The Country Are Now Trying To Come Back Home – Buhari / Umahi Presents 2016 Prado Suvs To Members Of House Of Assembly / Delta People Celebrate Ali Modu Sheriff's Victory In Court Today (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.