Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,545 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries (78406 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by SHAIBULIAR: 10:03pm On Jan 21, 2016
abeg spare them jo,if i see i go follow do o
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by dunmotuscana(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Some of dem do it because dey dnt hv d papers 2 work and dey hv 2 gather the money.....hence dey hv to do some of this jobs for lik 1,2,3 yrs.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
redcliff:

Oh now, ur own thread is Hilarious? sorry that almost everybody lashing at you did not see one single iota of humor oozing from your thread because you insulted alot of personalities while at it.

Okay boss.

@ cutehector, the fact that people are condemning the article doesn't give you the effrontery to come out from your cocoon to spew nonsense at me. Mind your business
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by jara: 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
I must add something after castigating the OP. Many of us wish we get the job we all trained for at home or abroad. It does not happen in some or many cases at home and abroad. You will find many Americans and Europeans complaining that they are under-employed. Many become waitresses and waiters with first or second degrees until they get what they want.

The OP is also right in the sense that being under-employed after spending many years in the university can be depressing. But you do not have to stop and waste your life feeling sorry for yourself. Some have gone for messenger jobs knowing full well they are only looking to get a leg into the companies. The fact that you have a degree means you stand a chance to move up the ladder.

If everything fails, degree trains your mind to think deep and start your own business or help others in their business. It also enriched you because you do not have to pay someone in your specialty to do work for you.

I always tell young women and men, PhD is not a meal ticket. It gives you an insight into the philosophy of that specialty. Expand your horizon and be productive with it. If you want to get rich, you might as well stop at first degree or go into trading without a degree.

BTW, has anyone or any study followed the PhDs Dagote hired as drivers?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by ronald4lif(m): 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2016
EreluY:

Absolutely true.

Yea, sometimes it's not about one's income and the nature of their jobs but about living in a society where one's safety, health and other basic amenities to life is guaranteed.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 21, 2016
But the funny thing is these odds jobs are used to buy cars , build mansions in Nigeria my dear there is nothing wrong in what they do aside prostition and drug smuggling, so OP stopping hating. Also end up employing graduates
wristbangle:
The rush for greener pasture has becloud the vision of Nigeria Graduates to the extent that most believe nothing good can happen owing to the deplorable state of the country's economy.

As a result of negative economic situation, some have travelled to the overseas in search for good jobs but it's unfortunate that they eventually secure shameful occupation which they can't even wish for their enemy to do.

Therefore, 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries

1. Cleaner

It's so demoralising to see a PHD holder cleaning toilets, streets, floor of hotels, bars and offices. No matter how terrible Nigeria economy is, a graduate of such calibre cannot even think for once in picking such jobs in this county except if his/her village witches are at work.

2. Security guard

I have heard cases of professors in Nigeria University been employed as security guard in overseas countries because his quality of education and expertise cannot even match the skills an employer is looking for. What could be so agonising to see your celebrated professor as puppet in another country?

3. Washing dead bodies

It's rather an insult upon injury to see a Graduate of this country washing dead body in another man's land to make end meets. The most annoying thing they claim to be working as forensic officer but what happens when they contact a deadly disease during the occupation, of course prophet T.B joshua will be at their rescue.

4. Prostitution

I don't know why some ladies who are graduates has completely lost self esteem and integrity hereby resorting to prostitution career when they travel to overseas. This is a common act in countries like Italy and Brazil where they have sex with all sort of men, dog, horse and monkey in order to make money. I am sure that people must have heard the story of a female Nigeria celebrity who did this act. I pity the guy that will marry her.

5. House maid

I believe that the highest qualification to select a house maid suppose to be someone with O level certificate but the case is different in overseas countries where some Nigeria graduate make mockery of their selves to work as house help.

6. Refuse and Sewage packer

Honestly speaking I pity the life of refuse and sewage workers because they are marred with poor health condition which is as a result of the bad stench oozing from the waste. Let's be frank here, can a white man work as sewage worker in Nigeria? Abi no be the same brain God give us?

7. Drug smuggler

Smuggling cocaine, hemp, marijuana and other hard drugs is not a legitimate occupation and it can never be. Greed and desperation to become wealthy fast has ruin the destiny of so many Nigeria Graduates whereby some have rot in jail while others has received death penalty.

8. Undertaker

There is dignity in when a graduate of this country patiently build his/her career at expense of picking a job that will never add value to his resume. Imagine a graduate working as undertaker (lifting corpse in coffin) at overseas countries because of the money attached. Is that life?

You can also add yours

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by sevule(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
Obviously the poster has NEVER traveled outside the shores of Nigeria otherwise he wouldn't talk about washing dead bodies. I have been outside Nigeria for a while and I have NEVER met a single Nigerian that washes dead bodies. And the MOST ANNOYING thing is the fact that the poster is most probably an UNEMPLOYED graduate who has the audacity to look down on other people who are gainfully employed.

Like everyone else has said there is NOTHING wrong with the jobs on the list with the exception of drug smuggling. There is dignity in labor and it is FAR better to be a cleaner than an unemployed graduate whose sole aim is to write senseless posts on Nairaland. When I was in college a lot of students were employed to wash plates, clean floors etc. Did it reduce their value as human beings? NO!!!

@poster Please get a life or better still get a job!!

3 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by northvietnam(m): 10:21pm On Jan 21, 2016
Op u r a fool.

most guys abroad u are talking sheeeeet about owns a lot of landed property here in Nigeria , even ur white collar job salary will not afford u those properties in 15 years time.

I don't blame u. keep fooling your self ..

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Cutehector(m): 10:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:

Okay boss.

@ cutehector, the fact that people are condemning the article doesn't give you the effrontery to come out from your cocoon to spew nonsense at me. Mind your business
wristbangle easy... U knw wat I wrote up there ain't nonsense.. u people just take things like as if people quarelling. Well sha. Dat's ur probs

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2016
BiggyB242:

But the funny thing is these odds jobs are used to buy cars , build mansions in Nigeria my dear there is nothing wrong in what they do aside prostition and drug smuggling, so OP stopping hating. Also end up employing graduates

Am not hating brother. You are right just like other sensible people that have contributed in this thread.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
Cutehector:
wristbangle easy... U knw wat I wrote up there ain't nonsense.. u people just take things like as if people quarelling. Well sha. Dat's ur probs

Am not beefing on u Hector. Yeah my business, mind yours.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by spoman: 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2016
Drug and prostitution na for big boys and big girls.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
northvietnam:
Op u r a fool.

most guys abroad u are talking sheeeeet about owns a lot of landed property here in Nigeria , even ur white collar job salary will not afford u those properties in 15 years time.

I don't blame u. keep fooling your self ..

Lol. See me see wahala oo. Anyway thanks for the comment.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Cutehector(m): 10:29pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:

Am not beefing on u Hector. Yeah my business, mind yours.
cmon.. be a man.. shitt. I was just stating a valid point.

3 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
jara:
I must add something after castigating the OP. Many of us wish we get the job we all trained for at home or abroad. It does not happen in some or many cases at home and abroad. You will find many Americans and Europeans complaining that they are under-employed. Many become waitresses and waiters with first or second degrees until they get what they want.

The OP is also right in the sense that being under-employed after spending many years in the university can be depressing. But you do not have to stop and waste your life feeling sorry for yourself. Some have gone for messenger jobs knowing full well they are only looking to get a leg into the companies. The fact that you have a degree means you stand a chance to move up the ladder.

If everything fails, degree trains your mind to think deep and start your own business or help others in their business. It also enriched you because you do not have to pay someone in your specialty to do work for you.

I always tell young women and men, PhD is not a meal ticket. It gives you an insight into the philosophy of that specialty. Expand your horizon and be productive with it. If you want to get rich, you might as well stop at first degree or go into trading without a degree.

BTW, has anyone or any study followed the PhDs Dangote hired as drivers?

Wonderful comment sire.

At the bolded, I heard some of them have been converted to fleet officer while others has been laid off. Am not too sure about this news.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by northvietnam(m): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol. See me see wahala oo. Anyway thanks for the comment.

why will u say what you don't know about.....

I bet you are below 26 or 27 and still stay with your parents..

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
HungerBAD:
Aside the Drug Pushing and Prostitution, i see nothing bad.

The other Jobs are totally Legit, and as long as it is an Honest Job and pays the Bills, i see nothing wrong with it. To the OP, have you lived outside Nigeria?i am assuming no, and that is why you came out with this list.

Life Outside Nigeria is not the Bed Of Roses, people portray it to be. If you have lived outside Nigeria, and you are being picky with work, especially if you are "SQUATTING" somewhere, then in a short time you will find yourself homeless and foodless.

You work because you have bills to pay. More over, some of the Jobs on your list are actually high paying Jobs, like the Mortician and the Security Job, especially if you are employed by a High Profile Company.

Your mentality is exactly why there are plenty of unemployed graduates in Nigeria, as they are always picky and choosy with what they want, while squatting somewhere eating free food, and coming to the pages of Nairaland to complain how their hosts/Brother/Sister/In law and friend is treating them because they are Jobless.

Thank you sweetheart. There is dignity in labour.These jobs are still better than freeloading off your family.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 10:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Cutehector:
cmon.. be a man.. shitt. I was just stating a valid point.

Alright no probs.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 10:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
northvietnam:

why will u say what you don't know about.....

I bet you are below 26 or 27 and still stay with your parents..

Anything you believe bro. cool
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by perryy(m): 10:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
erico2k2:

yes it is, to even work in a morgue you need papers, then if you have papers why would you work in a morgue or be a maid or clean the streets when you are educated?

What do you called papers? Those useless things being issued by Nigerian universitiies? If you have that and go abroad, on that basis, to look for work, you are certainly in for a huge trouble or even multiple and multifarious troubles. In the west, they don't employ based on what your certificate says about you, you are being measured and employed based on what you say about yourself. What you say about yourself is how you performed when faced with problem that can possibly emanate from where you are to be employed. They will also love to know whether you have any idea of what is to be done to improve the performance of the specific area or job you applied for.

Unlike Nigeria where people get employed through back doors, theirs is direct opposite of what we get here .. .over there, everything is on merit. Everything is not racism, if you have the opportunity to prove to a white man that you are good, and you really proved your mentle , you will be employed without any bias. The white man wants the best, unlike the black man who is at a loss of what he really wants......confused souls we are .

Over there, every response to interviews questions is being measured against a template. For example, if you wanna work as an engineer, and you are faced with a technical question about the area you wanna go into, your response would be measured against many responses from different classes of people. You may have a primary school student's response to the same question, response of a professor, response of a stark illiterate fellow , and if your response to the question is at par with that of a primary school graduate, then you will certainly be left with a job met for primary school certificate holders irrespective of the fact that you have a PhD in the best university in any Africa countries.

Na so it be ooooo. A typical black man can't really think, we are few that think.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by DerMeister: 10:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
It's annoying when a supposed graduate calls drug smuggling a job? undecided It's a criminal act not a bloody job. Better to be a security guard than a d.u.m.b.a.s.s.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by bfatoba(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:
The rush for greener pasture has becloud the vision of Nigeria Graduates to the extent that most believe nothing good can happen owing to the deplorable state of the country's economy.

As a result of negative economic situation, some have travelled to the overseas in search for good jobs but it's unfortunate that they eventually secure shameful occupation which they can't even wish for their enemy to do.

Therefore, 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries

1. Cleaner

It's so demoralising to see a PHD holder cleaning toilets, streets, floor of hotels, bars and offices. No matter how terrible Nigeria economy is, a graduate of such calibre cannot even think for once in picking such jobs in this county except if his/her village witches are at work.

2. Security guard

I have heard cases of professors in Nigeria University been employed as security guard in overseas countries because his quality of education and expertise cannot even match the skills an employer is looking for. What could be so agonising to see your celebrated professor as puppet in another country?

3. Washing dead bodies

It's rather an insult upon injury to see a Graduate of this country washing dead body in another man's land to make end meets. The most annoying thing they claim to be working as forensic officer but what happens when they contact a deadly disease during the occupation, of course prophet T.B joshua will be at their rescue.

4. Prostitution

I don't know why some ladies who are graduates has completely lost self esteem and integrity hereby resorting to prostitution career when they travel to overseas. This is a common act in countries like Italy and Brazil where they have sex with all sort of men, dog, horse and monkey in order to make money. I am sure that people must have heard the story of a female Nigeria celebrity who did this act. I pity the guy that will marry her.

5. House maid

I believe that the highest qualification to select a house maid suppose to be someone with O level certificate but the case is different in overseas countries where some Nigeria graduate make mockery of their selves to work as house help.

6. Refuse and Sewage packer

Honestly speaking I pity the life of refuse and sewage workers because they are marred with poor health condition which is as a result of the bad stench oozing from the waste. Let's be frank here, can a white man work as sewage worker in Nigeria? Abi no be the same brain God give us?

7. Drug smuggler

Smuggling cocaine, hemp, marijuana and other hard drugs is not a legitimate occupation and it can never be. Greed and desperation to become wealthy fast has ruin the destiny of so many Nigeria Graduates whereby some have rot in jail while others has received death penalty.

8. Undertaker

There is dignity in when a graduate of this country patiently build his/her career at expense of picking a job that will never add value to his resume. Imagine a graduate working as undertaker (lifting corpse in coffin) at overseas countries because of the money attached. Is that life?

You can also add yours

Lalasticlala

Experience is always INFACT the best teacher.... Hearsay! not so much
For OP to base his information on hearsay is very very.....
For starters all of the Careers listed above are reputable careers that maintain societal standards
They all have their own governing bodies and they aren't the same as whatever is practiced in Nigeria.
The cleaner is in-fact the lowest of the low of your list here, but at that bottom too Cleaners have grade.
Had a girlfriend once who makes $200 per house and spend about 5Hrs cleaning each house

YOu keep Mentioning Nigerian Graduate... Being a graduate in Nigeria is only valuable in Nigeria.. except for some internationally accredited Univ. You will have to take many professional exams, and your results have to be re-evaluated and you might even be sent back to school.
I'm met numerous of these graduates, that can't pen a essay.

I was having a highly intense debate with an Uncle about this last one over the recent holiday... My question was why NIGERIANS do not come to North America with the LIVE IN CAREGIVER WORKER VISA. its the most accommodating and its highly dominated by Filipinos. They use the Visa's and after 3 years, they've saved enough money to bring their families over. You get paid to live in and take care of Children, while you go to school over the weekend, Food is free, Accommodation is free. My uncles rebuttal is Nigerians are too Proud to do things like that... because they look down on those that do it back home, so they see it as a backtracking.

Thats what I think OP is doing, because you look down at those Jobs back home, you can't imagine coming over and doing what you rejected in Nigeria. Lmfao.... but you forget TECHNOLOGY.

Cleaner doesn't touch Garbage
Security carry Guns
Nurse Washes CADAVERs
Prostitute = Massage Therapist
House Maid = LiveIn Caregiver
REfuse and Sewage workers = make the same $$$ as a RPN

And to make it... no-one looks down at you here, No one cares what you do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:

So the news about Nigerians working in mortuary is false? Does that mean people spreading this information are lying?

Anyway what about the other listed points brother?

It's a big lie my friend,
Oyibos don't store their dead like they do in Nigeria o,oyibo die today they are buried tomorrow,beside they have huge respect for their dead, I doubt if they'll want foreigners dealing with deads o,I could be wrong though ,but I've not seen nor heard of any blacks doing such a job,not even an undertaker.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
I love the last paragraph. Well said.
HungerBAD:

The other Jobs are totally Legit, and as long as it is an Honest Job and pays the Bills, i see nothing wrong with it. To the OP, have you lived outside Nigeria?i am assuming no, and that is why you came out with this list.

Life Outside Nigeria is not the Bed Of Roses, people portray it to be. If you have lived outside Nigeria, and you are being picky with work, especially if you are "SQUATTING" somewhere, then in a short time you will find yourself homeless and foodless.

You work because you have bills to pay. More over, some of the Jobs on your list are actually high paying Jobs, like the Mortician and the Security Job, especially if you are employed by a High Profile Company.

Your mentality is exactly why there are plenty of unemployed graduates in Nigeria, as they are always picky and choosy with what they want, while squatting somewhere eating free food, and coming to the pages of Nairaland to complain how their hosts/Brother/Sister/In law and friend is treating them because they are Jobless.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Omotayor123(f): 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
EreluY:
[b]The timeless saying that "no one can ever see beyond his horizon" aptly applies to the OP. This is the most FOOLISH posting I have ever seen on NL which made frontpage. Apart from drug peddling, the jobs listed, including PROSTITUTION are perfectly legitimate, particularly under the UK law. I was lucky to be fully funded to study for my masters and doctoral degrees in london and didn't need to work. Nonetheless, there were boys and girls, men and women who had to pay their passage through graduate school by doing some of the jobs listed by the OP, especially cleaning and security. These ladies and gentlemen successfully completed graduate studies and now occupy enviable positions in their respective fields both at home and abroad (especially Europe, and north America). The reality of today's market is that countless native Europeans, Americans, Australasians who are university graduates are not in graduate positions in their respective countries, making it more difficult for immigrants to break through into the labour markets in these countries. Even when you finally break through, the whites would make life uncomfortable for you, especially if you're smarter, cleverer and more qualified than they are - they feel threatened by your profile and portfolio. That said, I personally know a Nigerian who graduated from OAU with first class honours in biochemistry, completed his MSc in the same field at NewCastle University, and for whatever reason, has been working in customer service for the last 10 years. He has built a country home in Naija, has his own detached house in the UK, lives comfortably, peaceably and together with his wife and children hold UK citizenship. What else can anyone ask for? He is, today, the envy of his classmates who are in Nigeria wallowing in university lecture rooms as senior lecturers and in laboratories 'slaving' as chemists for MNCs.

I normally don't do argumentum ad hominem, but on this occasion, I would say the OP needs his brains checked at ARO, Abeokuta, because he must be certainly, mentally derailed.
[/b]
I love the way you argue your point. But the way you ended it renders me speechless.. Haba! cry

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by tosyne2much(m): 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
See bashing coming from every angle. Oga oooooo !!!

Make una take am easy nah cool
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Reference(m): 10:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
Op thinks this query will attract much sympathy. Yes, a year and 100 dollar oil ago. These days you might combine all the above-mentions and still require an undertaker.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Cutehector(m): 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:

Alright no probs.
we good right?
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by deavicky(m): 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2016
HungerBAD:

ur profile name tells me how u reason. U mean u don't see anything bad with a professor doing Miagard .

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by damfun: 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
wristbangle:

So the news about Nigerians working in mortuary is false? Does that mean people spreading this information are lying?

Anyway what about the other listed points brother?
y dont u go there nd c for urself.. Istead of asking, learnt seeing is believing...wheew some nigerians sef
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by perryy(m): 10:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
Kikikiki, I don't get OP. His name is Lafenwa Ajayi, I hear say his girlfriend one leave am go follow one man wey dey England. Chai ,that is why he came here to use keyboard scatter their names for here. You know say sikirat na naira land addict, no how she will not see this. Him come think say if sikirat see am, he no go value that her guy for England. Op, na God catch you. Stop your banking job and try UK, even as cleaner your girl go forget the other guy and marry you. This nairaland attack don fail kpata kpata kpata.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
udemzy101:

Don't we have the same jobs here? Why can't they do it?

What's the need of becoming a graduate if you want to use it for a cleaner or an undertaker...?
It's not as if they are being paid in millions, the cost of living is also high there, some of them have little or nothing to show after spending a lot years there...

You're saying the op mentality is bad when actually it is urs that is worst....

A cleaner in the UK earns about £7.5 an hour
A warehouse operative at John Lewis warehouse where I worked during my masters earn £9.8 an hour.

In three months after my msc in the UK before moving to Australia, I saved upto £3500 cash!

Now multiply that by 385 and tell me the naira equivalent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.