Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,180 members, 7,811,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries (78403 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by software(m): 12:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Club Bouncers

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by cybriz82(m): 12:46am On Jan 22, 2016
I laf when I read ur stuffs.d question na b say how many people u dn employ? 1 of my uncle(phd holder)for dat mata is a cab driver in yankee.d man dn build mansion for villiage.n a 3bedroom flat in lagos ijedodo.to buy benz ml350 na bean? Anoda ford jeep na bean? My guy 4get dat tin abeg.atlis dey wudnt do it 4ever u tink dey are stupid?do u knw how many people are praying for dat kind of job in yankee..?1dollar equal to 300 incase u dnt knw u better knw nw.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Princewell2012(m): 12:49am On Jan 22, 2016
Op do you mean college Nigeria university is regarded as a college over there. The white man does not recognize this certificate we are carrying all over.

They may even consider you a litttle if you study in there own university. Then they may consider to offer you a better job. Thank you.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 12:54am On Jan 22, 2016
coded01:

What do you mean? undecided

Nigerian Education is not relevant outside the shores of Nigeria... Simple... angry

Airmark knows better... grin grin

Seriously? grin
Is he the only graduate in his village?
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by 7508: 1:02am On Jan 22, 2016
Yo!, dumbass op

This your "washing of dead bodies label" that you have given to Nigerians in the diaspora is so untrue.

Have you met any Nigerian doing it?.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by sexaddict08(m): 1:07am On Jan 22, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. Come we dey. Make this our sweet weather hammer you small. But remember to put egusi, crayfish, okporoko and groundnut inside your portmanteau when coming. grin

Also bring aboniki balm e be like say I get small pains for my back place wey person dey work like jackie. embarassed

But no let the millions and pounds/euro/dollar amounts bandied around on this thread deceive you o. Half of what anyone earns here goes back to tax, household bills, and high cost rents. It's not what you earn that you're able to save.

And by the time you have to wake up sometimes 4am to enter the minus degrees temperatures to go to work and do more than 2 jobs you might start thinking differently. The first few years are always rough but with proper schema and determination it will always get better with time.

One last thing, it's all man by himself here. This country no be like Naija were your guys fit carry you enter club and pop champagne on your head and even give you 10K to put for pocket. It's not easy to give person even £1 here and you work for whatever thing you want. Just so you know sha. grin

thanks a lot ....
I go buy enough aboniki come.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by coded01: 1:09am On Jan 22, 2016
CFCman:

Seriously? grin

Airmark na chairman... grin grin
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Collins9156(m): 1:36am On Jan 22, 2016
Better than all ths online jobbers, politicians rat thou.

What is your job for a leaving don't tell me e-rat.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by lilygabriel08: 1:57am On Jan 22, 2016
its up to everybody to decide if they want to be a dog in the city or a lion in the jungle
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Taryur3(m): 1:58am On Jan 22, 2016
udemzy101:

Don't we have the same jobs here? Why can't they do it?

What's the need of becoming a graduate if you want to use it for a cleaner or an undertaker...?
It's not as if they are being paid in millions, the cost of living is also high there, some of them have little or nothing to show after spending a lot years there...

You're saying the op mentality is bad when actually it is urs that is worst.... I see your post as stupid one.have you been in abroad before?na poverty go kill you.i know many doing this jobs in abroad and they built a mansions in their various town and buy car for their parents...you what have you achieved with your certificate?na goat go bite your hand.

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by noblegrex: 2:02am On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

So the news about Nigerians working in mortuary is false? Does that mean people spreading this information are lying?

Anyway what about the other listed points brother?
8 true but annoying list I don't expect from you.. The topic should rather be 8 things they say.. So you've never been there.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Taryur3(m): 2:30am On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Am not hating brother. You are right just like other sensible people that have contributed in this thread.
The op is delusional and need to see a psychiatrist.guys living abroad are making it and doing something great in nigeria.my friend that just entered Us has sent Pontiac vibe 2005 to her mama and built her a comfortable house under 2years with some land properties not to talk of money given to family and friends...Op if you want any of this jobs go and take it.you are a big fool and daft.u need a hot slap and I wish goat should bite your right hand now.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Qc1(m): 2:34am On Jan 22, 2016
@Op

I'm a graduate in Engineering from Rosemount Tech Montreal, Qc. Canada and I work as a security guard. Guess what? With God's grace I make more than $70000/ year. Don't you dare look down on others because of their jobs. What if they enjoy what they do?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Taryur3(m): 2:34am On Jan 22, 2016
northvietnam:

why will u say what you don't know about.....

I bet you are below 26 or 27 and still stay with your parents..
I wish I can set my eye on this Op...he needs a 3hot slap and 50k fine..for this post.i know many guys living abroad that has erected good bedroom flats with this jobs you listed as annoying...you most be crazy.na poverty go kill you.animal...

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by babamajor: 2:45am On Jan 22, 2016
I pity u for displaying ur level of ignorance, d so caled people u mentioned are not complaining its u that is crying on their behalf.
I started my life in america as a cleaner despite d fact that am a gradute in nigeria but d person that took my there made me realised that that was d post that was vacant then.
As i cleaner i earn $12 per hour which translate to over 5million naira in a year aside frm my overtime.
Within 2years i was able to build a house wat 6million naira in nigeria.
People like u always remain poor bcus u beliv u are a big guy that cant do just any job.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Originalsly: 2:47am On Jan 22, 2016
@op...Most graduates abroad use a few of these jobs as stepping stones. I wish you somehow become a graduate...and wish you somehow find yourself abroad.... just so you would be forced to swallow your pride and face the reality of surviving abroad. Until then... if you can... digest this...

The height of great men reached and kept
Was not attained by sudden flight
But they as their companions slept
Were toiling upward through the night.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by airmark(m): 2:56am On Jan 22, 2016
CFCman:

Seriously? grin

coded01 is unwell.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by akilo1: 3:13am On Jan 22, 2016
Security job pay more than banking job in nigeria,i ve completed a 5 bedroom working as a full time security gaurd,i chanllenge the op to bring what he or she ve acquired been a political thug or whatever he call himself.mumu

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 22, 2016
Some people will just sit in Nigeria and be typing absolute nonsense. Shebi I'm in the Yankee you guys are talking about and I've been there for almost a year for school. The only thing in Yankee is Otutu (cold weather) and bills. Everything else in Yankee na screensaver. The average american is living on credit (debt). If you're earning 250k in Nigeria or working in GTB, Nestle etc, you're better than the average Nigerian who will suffer for two years working in mac donalds and save up and still borrow from credit card just to come and form "I just come from Yankee" and speak yeye Americanah in naija. Do u know how much rent is or how much food is or how much electricity bill is or water bill is or heating before you start hyping america up and down?Perhaps the only good thing is if you can save enuff to start a project e.g building your house in naija or starting a business in naija. Because if you stay in this America for too long, you will end up working like elephant and eating like ant. The smart ones nowadays are going to uae, canada, china. Abeg.

5 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by FabioPeter: 3:26am On Jan 22, 2016
No matter how well you justify graduates taking menial jobs abroad, the fact is they are disappointingly doing a jobs that is way below their potential.
Why invest heavily in a masters degree then take a job that requires just a pair of hands and no brain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by anonimi: 3:29am On Jan 22, 2016
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by FabioPeter: 3:35am On Jan 22, 2016
akilo1:
Security job pay more than banking job in nigeria,i ve completed a 5 bedroom working as a full time security gaurd,i chanllenge the op to bring what he or she ve acquired been a political thug or whatever he call himself.mumu

Congrats on completion of your building? However, you are capable of functioning at a higher level, at least that's what your degree suggests. By the way, who lives in your building?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by anonimi: 3:36am On Jan 22, 2016
akilo1:

The issue is not the job itself.
No!
The issue is why WASTE money & time to study for your university degree when you do NOT need it to do the listed jobs by the OP?
Why
How many of your oyinbo colleagues in the security job, over the several years you have been doing it full time, are graduates?
How many
What percentage %?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3084794_DumbPeople_jpg287f2b4d3ead2f536f99f92cbca9c590

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855404_fbimg1442168436118_jpeg3abf4555427b1803302e6b4f3ffbbb15
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by anonimi: 3:44am On Jan 22, 2016
FabioPeter:
Congrats on completion of your building? However, you are capable of functioning at a higher level, at least that's what your degree suggests. By the way, who lives in your building?

Most probably his relations who FLEX on his behalf while doing NOTHING productive in nigeria.
What a double LOSS and waste shocked
All because we want to be the LONE star on whom every other person in our IMMEDIATE reference group looks upon aka LOCAL champion.
Why would any SENSIBLE person want to be a voluntary SLAVE who works for others (that are doing absolutely nothing) to enjoy on his BEHALF? embarassed tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2851374_img20150912232706_png2cc47861652284c85cf1f3e03aee197a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967330_crdkiuewwaaq0li_jpegba501e53a95d8337fc392fe0aa693a4c

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by anonimi: 3:53am On Jan 22, 2016
babamajor:
I pity u for displaying ur level of ignorance, d so caled people u mentioned are not complaining its u that is crying on their behalf.
I started my life in america as a cleaner despite d fact that am a gradute in nigeria but d person that took my there made me realised that that was d post that was vacant then.
As i cleaner i earn $12 per hour which translate to over 5million naira in a year aside frm my overtime.
Within 2years i was able to build a house wat 6million naira in nigeria.
People like u always remain poor bcus u beliv u are a big guy that cant do just any job.

Who lives in your house in Nigeria?
What WORK are they doing in Nigeria?
Why do they not EARN enough income to live in their own houses?
How much tax, rates & levies do you pay on the house in Nigeria as they do in the USA so they can have 24 hours

- electricity
- tap water
- police security
- traffic control
- good roads everywhere?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967344_fbimg1434225651845_jpeg5115ccd6291745b88c0764f9c715b052

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2855782_imaginationwallpaper10708146_jpeg8ab611433e315906637ee14df7014eeb
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nyceguy92: 3:59am On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=wristbangle post=42196232]

I have relatives and friends abroad.
Getting a job in Europe and America on the basis of educational qualification is not easy.

Even B.Sc and M.Sc holders from Naija will discover that they won't meet up when put to the test.
Most have not seen a CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine before.

Apart prostitution and drug pushing, these jobs are legitimate and they pay well.
Non Nigerians do it, white people do it.
White graduates knock on doors to deliver pizza to individuals, etc.

However, Nigerians are more into health care jobs such as Nursing.
Others work in electro-mechanical and other assembly lines, not as morticians or nannies.

The system is set up in such a way that every sector must function very well...
So the need must arise for those jobs regarded as "below status."

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by anonimi: 4:10am On Jan 22, 2016
Nyceguy92:

Apart prostitution and drug pushing, these jobs are legitimate and they pay well.
Non Nigerians do it, white people do it.
White graduates knock on doors to deliver pizza to individuals, etc.

However, Nigerians are more into health care jobs such as Nursing.
Others work in electro-mechanical and other assembly lines, not as morticians or nannies.

The system is set up in such a way that every sector must function very well...
So the need must arise for those jobs regarded as "below status."

Do you mean white UNDERgraduates deliver pizza
The white graduates who do these "below status" jobs, what is their percentage compared to the black GRADUATES?
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967417_nj_jpeg37ee3fbdac35f2474cf93c1a290bf69a

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/xv2r4ena5hlpfff67f3ip3h9957s9gcj1572403[/img]
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by femiero: 4:20am On Jan 22, 2016
sonnie10:
CNA (certified nursing assistant)

Mental health residential counselor (Taking are of metal chanllenged people)

Group Home (Taking care of homeless people)

Taxi Driving

HHA (Home Health Aide; Helping people do domestic work in their home
)

Live- In Assistant (Living with people who need help)

Janitor (Cleaner)

Store Attendant

The average wage for the jobs you listed here is $12 per hour. So if they work 10 hours per day, that's $120 per day and an average of $650 per week after taking away taxes. So in a month,the average income is $2300 of which I know Nigerians here in Atlanta that do 14 hours per day.

I know this because I worked in a group home and made $15/hour. I did the night shift because of my classes. Trust me I drive a better car than most of you on this thread and I made more than the average guy in banks or any other person in the telecoms coy.

Convert that money to Naira and tell me how many pple earn that kind of salary.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by 9jatatafo(m): 4:21am On Jan 22, 2016
OP don high on something. Doing those jobs is better living in this country. I don't just support the drug trade and prostitution but for the others, convert dollars to naira and you would know what we are talking about. Are people not doing those jobs here?
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by 9jatatafo(m): 4:39am On Jan 22, 2016
akilo1:

If you like build new vgc na for your pocket. Can you beat your chest and tell all the people you know in naija face to face the kind of job you do abroad?!
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by cococandy(f): 5:51am On Jan 22, 2016
OP sorry o.
grin
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by cococandy(f): 5:55am On Jan 22, 2016
anonimi:

Do you mean white UNDERgraduates deliver pizza
The white graduates who do these "below status" jobs, what is their percentage compared to the black GRADUATES?
Thanks.

Their proportion is quite high.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral / This Lady Was Fired For Being Too Pretty In London (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.