Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband (70101 Views)

How Can I Stop My Husband's Phone Addiction? / How Do I Stop The Excesses Of This Guy Staying With Us? / 5 Sure Ways To Stop Feeling Insecure In Your Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by PunterTim(m): 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
bmos:

Sorry for what? Was she grabbed and taken to him in another town to be his wife. You are just greedy. You are married, you are married. Just get use to it.
Oh No,Not Again!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 22, 2016
Forget that mofo, trying to fool himself or rather herself. Nairaland is his... umm her playground. The mods need some lashes on their behind.
pato405:
Attention seeker alert!

You were 32 when you married and you are married for a year now, meaning you are 33 now.

In your previous post, 3 yrs ago, you claimed 28 yrs old (which means you ought to be 31 now). How come?

Inconsistency = liesssssss

conclusion: story unbelievable, cooked up lies.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by vivavik(f): 11:44pm On Jan 22, 2016
U have what others don't have and yet u complain, na wa o. Repackage him naaaa... to ur taste. But trust me no man is ugly, with charisma and confidence he will be good to. Stop complaining about who God created and tell him thanks. Naija girls una too get wahala

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.
I'm sure Your husband is not as ugly as Seal(musician),yet he had a wonderful wife(a super model)...I'm sure Yours is lil compared to that couple.
#LoveYourHusband.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jan 22, 2016
bennyrazz:
@op, you have a very big problem. Do you know what the problem is? the problem is "what people, friends and family think about you". Judging from your post, that led you to marry an ugly man @32. Deep down, you love him but people seems to give some kind of glare when both of you appear in public. Still yet, you are still wondering and thinking "What are people saying about my husband?" you are the problem @ scaredy. so you need to redevelop mentally and stop giving a damn about what people say or think
I think she's feeling that way cos of the age difference. Maybe out of desperation she married a man old enough to be her grandpa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 22, 2016
Man is quite insatiable. Appreciate him for who he is than what the society wants.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Goridoe(m): 11:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Vikings007:
I'm sure Your husband[b] is not as ugly as Seal(musician),yet he had a wonderful wife(a super model)...I'm sure Yours is lil compared to that couple.
#LoveYourHusband.[/b]

[size=15pt]NOT EVEN AS UGLY AS BANCE (footballer).. girls will never ever be contented.. NEVER EVER..!!![/size]
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Godsonkemz(m): 11:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
Were you blindfolded when you accepted his wedding proposal or were you compelled to marry him? Wasn't it your decision? Perhaps you considered his pocket before any other consideration. You have to carry your cross. you asked for it.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by devour129: 11:50pm On Jan 22, 2016
thorpido:
Be content with such things as ye have!
You have married him already so quit thinking otherwise.You are honest with reasons why you married him.Now choose to enjoy him and your marriage rather than worry about what people say.At 33yrs old,you should have learnt to care less about many things.
You should help him dress neatly and trendy and he's good to go.

If any of your kids look like him,would you begin to hide the child?
I agree with everything above except the dressing him . Please leave him the way he is n only you will love him cos like you said he is a good guy. As soon as you clean him up plus his kind nature vultures will swoop . Love him the way he is , don't say no one told you .
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by kobonaire(m): 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
This could just be a FAKE story by the OP because in 2013 the OP claimed to be 28 years old and was seeking advice in this thread on how to have "wild sex" in his thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1533671/wild-bed
Now in 2016 the OP has suddenly turned 33 and is married to a fugly sugar daddy ..... SMH
[size=1pt]@Scaredy[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2016
jmichlins:
Just divorce him if your not comfortable with him. but your really a farming tool
what is this one saying?
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by justbeenpaid(m): 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
scaredy:
I have been married for a year now to a man that is very unattractive. I married him for two reasons

1. My younger ones and friends were all married and I was desperate at 32.
2. He treats me well

He's a good husby but I sometimes get ashamed walking with him because he's very ugly. I'm a pretty girl and when we are in public he's all over me wanting people to know we are together and I see the looks they give us.

I don't mind sleeping with this man and being his wife, I just want the feeling of shame to stop.I know some men don't treat their wife well and I feel lucky mine own does that.

Here's what to do since it bothers you so much... Fly him to India for surgery... Since that's the thing worrying you in 2016... You no see the face before you marry ba? You wey say you fine self make we see ya face!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by jgbemson1: 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
can we see d pic of ur hubby? secondly u beta thank God for ur self, some women are out there looking for hubby

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by mmsen: 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
Tomorrow her husband will make the same post about her.

I doubt that she's the oil painting that she believes herself to be - why was she still unmarried at 32 if marriage was/is so important to her?

Something is wrong with the OP that she has not revealed to us.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
kobonaire:
This could just be a FAKE story by the OP because in 2013 the OP claimed to be 28 years old and was seeking advice in this thread on how to have "wild sex" in his thread : https://www.nairaland.com/1533671/wild-bed
Now in 2016 the OP has suddenly turned 33 and is married to a fugly sugar daddy ..... SMH
busted lol. She has successfully deceived lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by OmoAlata1(f): 11:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
I don't find Mr Ibu, Seal and OBJ ugly
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by linearity: 11:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
try giving him some of your make-ups; chances are, he might just start looking pretty (abi handson) like you.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Miami11: 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
kobonaire:
Our job here in the forum is to advice. Stop acting detective.
Maybe she is confused the way she seems confused about her choices

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
The look people give you in public has absolutely nothing to do with your husband's physical appearance...they give that look because they see you find him embarrassing and such find YOU disgusting.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 22, 2016
The look people give you in public has absolutely nothing to do with your husband's physical appearance...they give that look because they see you find him embarrassing and so, find YOU disgusting.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by niceeric(m): 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
Mindfulness:

You were insecure before you got married ('everyone was married but me') and you are insecure after you got married (but when I say that marriage is not the magic cure for happiness, people will argue. grin )

The reason why you feel insecure is not your husband's appearance, the reason why you feel insecure is inside of you and it will follow you wherever you go.

so you're sayin she crazy right?...atleast!...

I've been waiting for someone to confirm wat I think is wrong with the lady....she sick in the head/mind!
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Excuzeme: 12:01am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Thaxs for the advise and kind words.I was expecting a bashing but was ready to take it so long as someone will advise me too. Its not as if I dnt love my husband its hard to not love him , but I want the shame to go. I feel the private is more important. He carries me like a princess that's why I want to give him the best too and I want to start with not being ashamed.

I feel like giving you a SLAP that will not only reset your thinking, but will REFORMAT your brain completely!

For the records, NO ONE is Ugly because beauty they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

In "your own eyes", if you want to see your husband as "UGLY", he will always be UGLY in your eyes forever!
if you want to see him as "prince Charming", that is exactly what you will see.

MKO Abiola was considered ugly in the early part of his life but when you look closer, despite his flabby ears (as ugly as Obama's ear! grin ), both men still look handsome, if you look at them closely.

Point is: YOU DONT TRULY LOVE YOUR HUSBAND ....BUT ONLY SEE HIM AS AN "OBJECT OF MARITAL SECURITY".
YOU DONT DESERVE HIM AT ALL

Thunder fire you.

if you really want my advice? Please divorce him and marry one of those "handsome dude" like Davido! shocked shocked

God! Someone dont deserve a good husband!

And to think there are wonderful women out there, who deserve this type of good husband?

I pray make "karma" catch-up with you sha.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by cybriz82(m): 12:02am On Jan 23, 2016
Try mekin urself look ugly so dat una 2 go blend wella...@ 4 d mod abi na optispam kiinikankinikan..if una like mek una ban me again.I go rest.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by kobonaire(m): 12:02am On Jan 23, 2016
Miami11:

Our job here in the forum is to advice. Stop acting detective.
Maybe she is confused the way she seems confused about her choices
Speak for yourself .... I don't want to waste my time with stories that belong to PM News.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by GoodMuyis(m): 12:03am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:

Have you consider going to makeup school because of him?

No Man/ Woman is ugly before going out dress him yourself, iron his cloth for him if he doesn't add starch well-well
Tell him the type of hair-cut that fit his heard
His cloth get it for him yourself

Outward appearance take care of it yourself, Then u will see him not-ugly
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 23, 2016
scaredy:
Nobody in this world can advice you except yourself. you are your best adviser. Note that today in case of tomorrow.
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by mallimillz(m): 12:03am On Jan 23, 2016
So women are just evil for no reason

1 Like

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by livinusman(m): 12:04am On Jan 23, 2016
my Sister I will advise you to hold on to your Hubby and be proud of him anywhere you go God have joined you both together.and pls if I may ask you, if you were pretty as you said, why do u still find it difficult to get married until the loving kind hearted Man removed the unmarrital disgrace from you? think about it pls
Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by Excuzeme: 12:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Dbeze:
Eyiaaa,,, sister why did go and marry yellowbar man naaa,

You have started with your silly tribal baiting, abi?

I know the MODs will not see this one now, to impose a ban, until there is a response "in kind"..... then they will suddenly know that rule 2 has been broken

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Stop Feeling Ashamed Of My Husband by lilreese: 12:05am On Jan 23, 2016
Dumb bitxch

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

This Lagos Bride Wanted Her Late Mum To Be Part Of Her Wedding, So She Did This! / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) / Maternity Photoshoot Of Pregnant Woman, With Her Husband And Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.