Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost (71678 Views)

Handover Of Agulu Lake Hotel To Golden Tulip By Anambra Governor Obiano (Photos) / I Opted To Withdraw, Buhari, APC Urged Me To Fight On - Gbajabiamila / Fayose To Buhari: Go Ahead And Probe Jonathan, Don't Announce It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by ojnnaco(m): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:
God punish that African leader who give you that advice. angry
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
Ioannes:
please where is the shocking detail?

I even thought he finally wanted to reveal how he asked the inec returning officer from one of the northern states to change his result to favor him,

or how and who he shared billions of $$$ to during the electioneering period.
what do u expect d "ekpas" 2masturbate with?
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by shanktang(m): 7:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
stormm:
This clown wants to stay after being voted out? Why conduct the election in the first instance or did he not postpone the elections thinking he can buy his way back?

And some people celebrate this idiocy. I tire for this vocal minority.

And you got 70 likes for this trash you spew born out of your lack of capacity to comprehend a very simple write up, quite amazing

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by manutdadex(m): 7:19pm On Feb 02, 2016
ilyas26:
This man is just plain silly, Nigerians would have kicked you out, moreover you wouldn't have remained as a president beyond may 29
lolz...and d 13Millions that voted hin will be looking.... D guy is a hero because no african leader will do wat he did... None not even pmb

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by manutdadex(m): 7:23pm On Feb 02, 2016
lookandlaff:

I like a lot of others initially felt he was a hero for conceding and to an extent he still is, he will always be remembered for it. However the truth is, He conceded because he is weak, his entire presidency was characterized by weakness.
u call it weakness i call it strength... And he is a hero...don't hate he is blessed n favoured beyond any man i av ever seen.. Except d ones in d bible

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by excel101(m): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
ezenaija:
With constant reminders to you by world leaders to quit if you lose ot get the GBAGBO treatment,you no get liver to do otherwise nah! You for dey chop beans Aunty Peshe inside ICC prison with MR & MRS GBAGBO
. If @ all former president Jonathan doesn't have the liver to continue in office after losing out to president Buhari, he could have also listened to some forces that were behind him nd ready to back him up if he wanted to, also the case of an African president that adviced him to remain in office, but still he decided to consider defeat to the oposition, he should appreciated, celebrated nd encourage. Would u have preferred him to sit tight in office after losing out( if he had the liver like u said) ?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by 1miccza: 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
Trust APC and PDP zealots to flood this thread
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Sweetlemon(f): 7:26pm On Feb 02, 2016
What's so shocking here
For crying out loud this man is beginning to sound as if he's expecting us to raise a statue of liberty of him and be bowing down to his image everyday.

Abasi mbok! Is it a crime to be a Nigerian
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by divine9540: 7:31pm On Feb 02, 2016
Wailer's are still wailing even wen d daura milk merchant has put them and their families in hell.hahaha Jonah enjoy ur money
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by tottinova: 7:33pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
Since losing to incumbent President Muhammadu Buhari at the April 2015 presidential election, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan has been releasing tit-bits about the circumstances surrounding the loss.

In yet another revelation, Jonathan disclosed how he was advised by a sitting African leader not to accept the result of the election, a move that could have plunged Nigeria into chaos.

In an interview with The Sun, he said: “Let me tell you a story that will shock you. When the results of the elections were declared and I got almost 13 million votes, while the incumbent president won with over 15 million votes, I recall one African leader telling me that if I decided to leave office, it would only be because I must already be tired of remaining in office. The implication of that statement was that many other leaders in my position would have stayed put, but that is just not me. My place in governance was to do my best and quit and not to sit tight and destroy everything I had built. I believe that sometimes, one will have to make that kind of sacrifice in the interest of his people and nation that God had graciously allowed you to lead.”

http://www.theheraldng.com/jonathan-reveals-another-shocking-detail-about-presidential-election-loss/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Story
You for stay na make dem do you gbagbo grin
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by xperienced(m): 7:34pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:
So the ineffectual buffoon who bankrupted his country....wants us to thank him for leaving after he had been voted out.......my friend you lost the elections which you did your best to scuttle and failed......and we are supposed to be grateful....this man needs to be in jail... angry
You could have been dead by now if he stayed put .try to be wise like him. Don't be foolish.
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by reyscrub(m): 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:

Amen! Amen! Amen!...............2.1b times

But d fact is dat GEJ did not have 10m vote except d vote dat were multiply in SE & SW area by d thief's.
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by judondasylva(m): 7:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
what a gentle man he is

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by desmond122(m): 7:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
Jonathan indirectly seeking excuses not to go jail #Road2Kuje
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by macaranta(m): 7:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
Okay..good one.
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by blackprowler: 7:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:
So the ineffectual buffoon who bankrupted his country....wants us to thank him for leaving after he had been voted out.......my friend you lost the elections which you did your best to scuttle and failed......and we are supposed to be grateful....this man needs to be in jail... angry

You don't know anything at all. Thank God he left and set that extremely important precedent, you would have been forced to know by now. Sadly you will remain ignorant of what life can become and that's thanks to Jonathan.

For all readers, I did not vote Jonathan one day. I don't think Jonathan should have been Nigerian president; but I thank him eternally for what happened on March 28 2015 and the honest steps he took even before to make that day a reality. Let ignorant buffoons keep mouthing their ignorance on Nairaland; it is allowed. But I know Nigeria, I know history of this world, and if nothing else, I know current affairs which still manages to elude dumb asses

1 Like

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by aisha2008(m): 7:51pm On Feb 02, 2016
Tinubu Can never do that.
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by charlycharles(m): 7:52pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
I want to know that bastard too.
Robert Mu...., if u add gabe na u sabi oo. pls dont quote me else...
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by scobaba: 7:54pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:

Its mugabe angry
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by olaitan9291(m): 8:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm, What a good and reasonable Leader.
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by ihatesycophant(m): 8:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
It may be the same African leader that told Laurent Gbagbo not to hand over but the funny thing now is that Gbagbo is on his own why the African leader is enjoying himself. Jonathan should have toured the same line and he would be alone today.
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
Caseless:
kuma fa , Kana da gaskiya. Akwai abokantaka a tsakaninsu , wato Shi Jonathan da shugaban kasar Ghana.

Hahahahahah!!! Sosai
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by onatisi(m): 8:25pm On Feb 02, 2016
tuniski:
I pray baba shows same come 2019 when he will be ushered out of Aso Rock. Only then will I take it for a no noble action! GEJ the Hero of our democracy!!!
For where ? By 2019 there will be no other choice for Nigerians except buhari's choice .nigerians still don't know what they have gotten themselves into
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by spiralwedge(m): 8:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
This man don dey become clown o. Lol
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Khan1993: 8:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] No matter what you say will stop you from being arrested when the time comes. All i see here is a man looking for judgement liniency and pity.
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:
actually sick n tired of hearing him brag about this on and on. Didn't Obasanjo leave, or was he kicked out?! He left becos they knew they had looted out all the money and nothing more to claim territory for, If the oil price had not come down and there was still more $$$, am sure he wouldn't have left. and perhaps, he just doesn't have the nerve for trouble
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by JoBabs(m): 8:40pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:

Who do u think that person could be? Guess, I sabi who the person could be...
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by amusadele: 8:41pm On Feb 02, 2016
TippyTop:
Buhari lost 3 elections in the past and went to court 3 times to contest the results of those 3 elections.

Jonathan contested 2 elections, won 1 and lost 1 and then went back to his people.

If Buhari had lost last election, we would all have been at war now, I mean the coward Tinubu saw war looming hence he ran to Buhari.

The South needs to stand up to the north, we're only postponing the evil day, things can't continue as they are now.

#implementconfabreport#
Take or leave it, Buhari remains the highest killer since independence. Over Hindred people were killed immediately Buhari failed the 2011 elections. When Buhari resumed about six months, his goverhment has killed close to a million innocent Shiit muslems. Tufiakwa to Buhari head. Super supervisor of badluck. Look at oil, it is diving downward with the highest speed. Some even described as '' free fall''

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by Khan1993: 8:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
shanktang:

And you got 70 likes for this trash you spew born out of your lack of capacity to comprehend a very simple write up, quite amazing
lol. Showing that the 70 people that like the trash are just like him. Lets leave trash for lawma joor
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by bid4rich(m): 8:45pm On Feb 02, 2016
coolitempa:

is your father still alive? If no, then, I'm not surprise, calling someone that is as old as your father a buffon........home training, you no get.

Anyway, what goes around come around
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by piagetskinner(m): 8:46pm On Feb 02, 2016
I still give it to Gej for conceding defeat... He deserves a thumbs up for that
Re: Jonathan: 'Don't Handover', An African Leader Urged Me After I Lost by bilulu(m): 9:00pm On Feb 02, 2016
sameer1212:
OBJ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From The Accident Scene Of Solomon Dalung's Convoy / Nigerians Criticize Buhari After French President Was Spotted Doing This. Photos / APC Secretaries Visit Orji Uzor Kalu In Prison (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.