Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba (16284 Views)

Gov Obiano Storms Scene Of Ozubulu Massacre, Reveals Cause Of Shooting. Photos / Biafra : Don’t Shoot Peaceful Protesters, Gov. Ikpeazu Tells Police And Army / Dont Shoot Biafra Peaceful Protesters. Warns -ABIA GOVERNOR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by OfoIgbo: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2016
Aigbofa:

Why don't you all shut the fcu.k up? What has Yoruba got to do with your Biafra problem?
Is Yoruba the FG of Nigeria?

Well, a Yoruba was the acting president when the Aba massacre happened. Basically Yorubas are neck deep in this mess. I am of course referring to PASTOR Yemi Osibanjo

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by adeyemik: 8:21am On Feb 13, 2016
blackmatter007:
Brother thanks for at least condemning the killings but you are not making any sense, what civilized way do you expect them to agitate, sit at home and chant or protest? Please stop calling this biafran issue a political motivated one, my cousin supports Biafra, my friend who is from warri supports the calls for Biafra, does it mean he was paid? No! It is an ideology. I'm tired of this political jargon each time Biafran issues are discussed. When afenifere threatened to secceed, did you call it PDP motivated or political motivated? No!

Pls and pls, this people did nothing wrong, moreover it was in a compound, a fuc.king closed compound!!! How on earth did they disturb anybody's peace. For all I know, **** I can't be in a country where I'm hated because I'm Igbo and I can't keep quiet because I'm not involved. Tomorrow (God forbid) it could be someone close to me that may be killed.

Thanks for condemning the killings tho, unlike those demons that are happy about it.

My friend, you may be a Biafra agitator but not well schooled in Biafra history. Do your research very well.

Biafra started not from the collective and conscious decision of all the easterners but from the selfish desire of few people who deceived and forced others to join them.

Now lets look at the two leaders led their people through war and violent agitation paths -

Ojukwu, started the self determination agitation in a wrong footing and millions of innocent people died in a war that should have been avoided. The igbos were the greater loser at the end.

Kanu, this young man with great ideas but wrongly channeled. He started on a wrong footing, threatening to destroy and annihilate the country (sorry the zoo as he calls it) and her people.

Who are the people being killed now?

You claimed these people didn't do anything wrong, they were protesting in an enclosed compound, isn't it? Yes you're right, they all gathered within a fenced compound, but the compound is a public school and the school was in session. So that alone is wrong.

Bros, if people are deceiving me, I won't deceive myself. When Afenifere group threatening to cede from Nigeria, the Yorubas asked questions, and made them realized that they are not speaking for the Yorubas but for their pockets. Where is the Afenifere now, it has gone into oblivion because they put self before others.

The igbos can achieved their self determination desire but must be done within the ambit of the prevailing laws, internationally recognized and accepted way, and collectively people driven. IPOB, leaders should read how Gandhi galvanized the Indians to achieve independence thrown a non violence mean.

Finally, Nigerian security agencies need to be schooled on how to break up a protest without lose of lives and properties. Unarmed protesters should not be shot at with live bullets, rubber bullets should have been used.

1 Like

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Trut(m): 8:23am On Feb 13, 2016
Watch later
Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by 2ruink(m): 8:24am On Feb 13, 2016
Mynd44:
*sighs*
Against my better judgment, I watched the video…yes all 44 minutes.

First of all, it must be noted that those protesters were committing a crime. You convened in a public school which belongs to the government and they had every right to evict youyou.

Then I saw police officers speaking to some representatives of the protesters and did they bulge? No, they kept up inside a school.

Then the military came in. Were they trying to commit "suicide by cop"? Those guys took a formation against you and you stayed, dared them when you are in the wrong. They could have all left and followed the path they followed when the shooting(?) Started.

The police and military did not start off with bullets atleast it is clear from the video. They used tear gas and that was when the protesters ran.

Now the actions of the policemen beating those they arrested was just silly and wrong. That should not be allowed in a sane society and the use of live bullets should never be allowed but for the love of God, tresspassing is a crime. What if some students were inside the school reading, having a study group or something? Did you peoole think of that?

I dont know where you want to take this video to but believe me, you dont go and hijack a school compound and think anyone will give you sympathy(especially since the narattor made it obvious that they were provocative and wanted to get their reaction to possibly blackmail then) . Especially seeing that you had every chance to leave and you refused. Hell, they had to box them into a corner, close to the fence away from the main school building showing they were trying to make sure everyone else was safe.

The use of live bullets soul never come up though. That is very wrong but teargas? Well……
Is this new or have you always been so irrational? I'm sorry but you don't sound like human.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Burger01(m): 8:33am On Feb 13, 2016
Naija9090:

I thought you were a moderator and aren't supposed to be opinionated/subjective?
Why shouldn't he be opinionated? He has a cause he believed in and he said the right thing. That protest was illegal, inciting and provocative. You guys are just tempting the government and you must be ready to take whatever comes with that act. Now tell me, where is any of Kalu's family in the protests you guys are getting slained for

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by koboko69: 8:33am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:
Don't mind them. They have constituted themselves as threat to national unity. Though, I frown at the shooting, the protesters should've been arrested and locked up.

The guy that took the video distanced himself to a safe zone and was shouting 'this is bad, this is that, this is this'. Why didn't he just join the protesters?

RIP to the slained sad

Lol. No mind am. At one point..biaafran protesters, at another point...Nigerian protesters. Can you see the hungry people forming protest? Thr big boys will neber leave their house to join this nonsense. They want to enjoy their millionals be it in Nigeria or Biafra

1 Like

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Burger01(m): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2016
koboko69:

Lol. No mind am. At one point..biaafran protesters, at another point...Nigerian protesters. Can you see the hungry people forming protest? Thr big boys will neber leave their house to join this nonsense. They want to enjoy their millionals be it in Nigeria or Biafra
They are just like pawns in the game of chess. Just wasting their youthful lives. Pity sad

1 Like

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 8:37am On Feb 13, 2016
adeyemik:

My friend, you may be a Biafra agitator but not well schooled in Biafra history. Do your research very well. Biafra

Brother, there is no research to be done, the act was wrong simple!

I'm not an agitator, I am just an Igbo man who is angry

1 Like

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 8:42am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:
Why shouldn't he be opinionated? He has a cause he believed in and he said the right thing. That protest was illegal, inciting and provocative. You guys are just tempting the government and you must be ready to take whatever comes with that act. Now tell me, where is any of Kalu's family in the protests you guys are getting slained for

The right to protest is not illegal bro, the police and soldiers even recognize it, they are just silly scared about the movement and obviously buhari ordered them to deal with the agitators in the most brutal manner.

Remember the open interview he did, did u see the disgust he had on his face when KANU was mentioned, that's what happens when u have an illiterate as president.

If I may ask, did the UK government jail the Scottish seccesion leaders? Was it labelled illegal so whats this talk about jailing the protesters.

I tire for your ignorance ooo

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Burger01(m): 8:50am On Feb 13, 2016
blackmatter101:

The right to protest is not illegal bro, the police and soldiers even recognize it, they are just silly scared about the movement and obviously buhari ordered them to deal with the agitators in the most brutal manner.

Remember the open interview he did, did u see the disgust he had on his face when KANU was mentioned, that's what happens when u have an illiterate as president.

If I may ask, did the UK government jail the Scottish seccesion leaders? Was it labelled illegal so whats this talk about jailing the protesters.

I tire for your ignorance ooo
You guys are the incorrigible ignorant ones. Keep wasting your lives for a cause that won't stand test of time. I will ask again, where is any family member of that clown Kanu you dolt are getting slained for That's ignorance of the highest order undecided
Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 8:58am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:
You guys are the incorrigible ignorant ones. Keep wasting your lives for a cause that won't stand test of time. I will ask again, where is any family member of that clown Kanu you dolt are getting slained for That's ignorance of the highest order undecided

Lol, where is KANU today? Is he not in jail? Are the protesters supposed to be killed? Did this people who were praying in a close compound expect the Nigerian military to be there, why did they shoot unarmed civilians and u still want to blame them for praying and singing praises, or is it because they are agitators , does it mean they don't have any civil right whatsoever?

Wow! Nigeria! when did we get to this stage that the death of persons from an ethnic group brings joy to some certain people from another ethnic group.

bros pls take the hate from your eyes. I know you love Nigeria , me too but you can't force people to co exist together!

Okay now that this has happened, do you think the igboman who rejected the movement will continue rejecting it? If it continues this way , there will be converts, I mean convertssss.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Burger01(m): 9:02am On Feb 13, 2016
blackmatter101:

Lol, where is KANU today? Is he not in jail? Are the protesters supposed to be killed? Did this people who were praying in a close compound expect the Nigerian military to be there, why did they shoot unarmed civilians and u still want to blame them, or is it because they are agitators , does it mean they don't have any civil right whatsoever?
bros pls take the hate from your eyes. I know you love Nigeria , me too but you can't force people to co exist together!

Okay now that this has happened, do you think the igboman who rejected the movement will continue rejecting it? If it continues this way , there will be converts, I mean convertssss.
Lol, converts at the expense of gullible slained tards. I will become a convert when it's announced on nairaland that a slug entered your head and exited through your heart smiley

2 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 9:03am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:
Lol, converts at the expense of gullible slained tards. I will become a convert when it's announced on nairaland that a slug entered your head and exited through the heart smiley

Yes converts plus you are not an Igboman so you don't know how it feels to be in an igboman shoes

the hate on NL is really disgusting!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Candyrain(m): 9:05am On Feb 13, 2016
Mynd44:
*sighs*

First of all, it must be noted that those protesters were committing a crime. You convened in a public school which belongs to the government and they had every right to evict youyou.

Then I saw police officers speaking to some representatives of the protesters and did they bulge? No, they kept up inside a school.

Then the military came in. Were they trying to commit "suicide by cop"? Those guys took a formation against you and you stayed, dared them when you are in the wrong. They could have all left and followed the path they followed when the shooting(?) Started.

The police and military did not start off with bullets atleast it is clear from the video. They used tear gas and that was when the protesters ran.

Now the actions of the policemen beating those they arrested was just silly and wrong. That should not be allowed in a sane society and the use of live bullets should never be allowed but for the love of God, tresspassing is a crime. What if some students were inside the school reading, having a study group or something? Did you peoole think of that?

I dont know where you want to take this video to but believe me, you dont go and hijack a school compound and think anyone will give you sympathy(especially since the narattor made it obvious that they were provocative and wanted to get their reaction to possibly blackmail then) . Especially seeing that you had every chance to leave and you refused. Hell, they had to box them into a corner, close to the fence away from the main school building showing they were trying to make sure everyone else was safe.

The use of live bullets soul never come up though. That is very wrong but teargas? Well……

To even think that you are a mod in this forum made it the more pathetic. Shame on you. Whoever made you a mod made a great mistake honestly.

Bias-ness at it's peak. Tufia

You've been made a god here, if you are going to ban me, get on with it.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by chronique(m): 9:06am On Feb 13, 2016
After watching this video,I lost sympathy for the Nigerian army. I'd never feel sorry for any soldier that dies in the hands of boko haram. This is just so disgusting. Now,let's see if that person(falana) thaT calls himself a human rights activitist,will take this up. these ipob guys were civil athh through in this video and were killed by the army without putting up a single resistance. I'm an Edo man but from what I'm seeing in this video,I have no choice other than to align with the biafrans. This is gross abuse of human rights and it should be condemned by all and sundry.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 9:13am On Feb 13, 2016
chronique:
After watching this video,I lost sympathy for the Nigerian army. I'd never feel sorry for any soldier that dies in the hands of boko haram. This is just so disgusting. Now,let's see if that person(falana) thaT calls himself a human rights activitist,will take this up. these ipob guys were civil athh through in this video and were killed by the army without putting up a single resistance. I'm an Edo man but from what I'm seeing in this video,I have no choice other than to align with the biafrans. This is gross abuse of human rights and it should be condemned by all and sundry.

But so many bigots are on the side of the military because of fear, they are afraid of tomorrow, in their mind they say "what if this people go, what will become of us" they claim SS is against the movement but deep in their heart they know south southerners are also for the movement, they know the movement is alive and real but the hate and fear in their heart makes them demons and they claim we are one nigeria.

brother let us be frank, na oil and gas bond everybody for naija and that is the root of this killings

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Candyrain(m): 9:15am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:

To gather in a school compound to pray is illegal, inciting and provocative?

I honestly don't know what to say to you. Just keep the insanity going.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Burger01(m): 9:19am On Feb 13, 2016
Candyrain:

To pray you say? With your iPOB flags. Continue with your delusional disorder undecided

3 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2016
Candyrain:

In fact the hate and bigotry is disgusting.

They are all happy that the igbos died because of the movement, they are silly scared especially my brothers from the west because they are enjoying the status quo and don't want to see it changed but an igboman wants out, they all say it is right for the military to kill them because they are protesting that they are no longer interested in Nigeria.

The hate in Nigeria is legendary, our founding fathers were right, they saw no basics of unity, Nigeria was a sham created by the British and now it is imploding.

Only time shall tell, let them keep basking in hate and ignorance

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 9:25am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:
To pray you say? With your iPOB flags. Continue with your delusional disorder undecided

What is wrong with you?
Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Candyrain(m): 9:25am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:

You want to know where Kanu's family members are, right? I'll tell you. They are close to him giving him all the morale support that he needs.

You voted for Buhari in the election (obviously). During your campaigning for him can you tell me where Buhari's family was? Can you?

Your argument has no base. If you got nothing to say, it will do you great to just keep quiet rather than displaying how ignorant you are to the world.
Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by babyfaceafrica: 9:28am On Feb 13, 2016
Nice one
Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Candyrain(m): 9:33am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:

Yes it is their right even with a flag so far they weren't disrupting anything. They weren't in the street causing any traffic gridlock, they weren't disrupting commercial activities.

What is wrong with you guys? Even if they were doing something wrong what happens to arresting them? Why kill them?

Have you lost your humanity because of your hatred for the Igbos?

You are really sounding so disgusting man.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Naija9090: 9:35am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:

Nnamdi Kanu's Mother and Sister protesting at Aba with IPOB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by DrDxtrz: 9:41am On Feb 13, 2016
Mynd44:
*sighs*

Hello mister.. I actually read just the first two paragraphs of your rather long epistle, and am disgusted at you trying to justify the shooting of unarmed civilians, that's preposterous and unjustifiable!
It doesn't matter what they do or how they do it, the soldiers were wrong.
The soldiers are supposed to be trained personnels, yet they couldn't handle a crowd?
Civilians converge for protests all around the globe but they not shot at, worst is to be dispersed when they prove stubborn.
We are talking about guns man, human lives urgh

4 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Sctests: 9:43am On Feb 13, 2016
adeyemik:

My friend, you may be a Biafra agitator but not well schooled in Biafra history. Do your research very well.

Biafra started not from the collective and conscious decision of all the easterners but from the selfish desire of few people who deceived and forced others to join them.

Now lets look at the two leaders led their people through war and violent agitation paths -

Ojukwu, started the self determination agitation in a wrong footing and millions of innocent people died in a war that should have been avoided. The igbos were the greater loser at the end.

Kanu, this young man with great ideas but wrongly channeled. He started on a wrong footing, threatening to destroy and annihilate the country (sorry the zoo as he calls it) and her people.

You claimed these people didn't do anything wrong, they were protesting in an enclosed compound, isn't it? Yes you're right, they all gathered within a fenced compound, but the compound is a public school and the school was in session. So that alone is wrong.

Bros, if people are deceiving me, I won't deceive myself. When Afenifere group threatening to cede from Nigeria, the Yorubas asked questions, and made them realized that they are not speaking for the Yorubas but for their pockets. Where is the Afenifere now, it has gone into oblivion because they put self before others.

The igbos can achieved their self determination desire but must be done within the ambit of the prevailing laws, internationally recognized and accepted way, and collectively people driven. IPOB, leaders should read how Gandhi galvanized the Indians to achieve independence thrown a non violence mean.

Finally, Nigerian security agencies need to be schooled on how to break up a protest without lose of lives and properties. Unarmed protesters should not be shot at with live bullets, rubber bullets should have been used.

Is this history you want to school us with. Why did you kill Igbos who couldn't pronounce 'toro' in yorubaland? Did you expect them to stay put so you can continue killing them? Biafra from independent unbiased sources became imperative because the easterners were being killed by your likes all over nigeria. The only reason obj,Buhari, ibb and you all fought to bring them back was their oil nothing more, even Buhari recently confirmed this.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Burger01(m): 9:48am On Feb 13, 2016
Candyrain:

Yes it is their right even with a flag so far they weren't disrupting anything. They weren't in the street causing any traffic gridlock, they weren't disrupting commercial activities.

What is wrong with you guys? Even if they were doing something wrong what happens to arresting them? Why kill them?

Have you lost your humanity because of your hatred for the Igbos?

You are really sounding so disgusting man.
I will never support the barbaric acts of the police and the army. I said somewhere that these people should've been arrested and not shot. Again, I don't hate igbos, I have sensible ones as friends...sensible ones who don't even give a hoot about iPOB but keeping their families safe, healthy and prosperous.
Enjoy your day smiley

1 Like

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by Candyrain(m): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2016
Burger01:
I will never support the barbaric acts of the police and the army. I said somewhere that these people should've been arrested and not shot. Again, I don't hate igbos, I have sensible ones as friends...sensible ones who don't even give a hoot about iPOB but keeping their families safe, healthy and prosperous.
Enjoy your day smiley

Your earlier posts say otherwise.

Enjoy your day too. angry
Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by BushidoBlue(m): 9:58am On Feb 13, 2016
Naija9090:

I thought you were a moderator and aren't supposed to be opinionated/subjective?

Now you know that equity and fairness is far from some...
Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by blackmatter101: 10:01am On Feb 13, 2016
I don't agree with everything KANU says, heck! I only read about him on the national dailys and on Facebook. But with all fairness the way they are protesting is not wrong! And if truly students were in class, I also don't support that but the killings have made every simple mistake/thing u think they did wrong "primary" , the main issue here is the military, please we should not deviate and blame the dead. They did nothing wrong to warrant this.

Even if they used rubber bullets as long as there was no challenge, teargas and pepper spray should be the highest arm they should have used, so that makes rubber bullets wrong too.

we complain about whites killing blacks but here it Is black on black violence and yet you are supporting the oppressor and even advising them to use rubber bullets...

Shame on you brother, you are too backward in thinking for my liking, don't hide your disgust for the movement, if all igbos support it, you as a Yoruba man will still be against it because of what you stand to lose when these people go.

adeyemik:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video Of Shooting And Killing Of IPOB Peaceful Protesters By Nigerian Army..Aba by minasota(f): 10:05am On Feb 13, 2016
Buhari and his Soldiers should remember, that sometimes the people you oppress becomes mightier than you would like.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From Senate Plenary, As Dariye Decamps To APC / 2019: PDP Begins Search For Candidate / NERC: No Approval Has Been Given For 50% Electricity Tariff Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.