Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,840 members, 7,828,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years (40232 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by mafioso47(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
in GEJ's Voice 'Do you want to go backwards??!!' Smh He actually warned Nigerians . GEJ wasn't the best of presidents but it wasn't as bad as this

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by vislabraye(m): 12:25pm On Feb 23, 2016
snoopdg:
It's funny how all the issues of Nigeria has been heaped on pmb and APC. It's simply amusing but this same issue could have happened with pdp in power with a degree of cushioning being in power for long, Don't belong to apc or pdp the fact remains that those of you casting assertions on pmb are not in any way better than him, not in the least, doing that won't solve your any of issues bedevilling the country and each household.

As per power supply, I [b]blame fashola for aiding the increase in tariff without commensurate [/b]increase in generation and supply, the discos are the cheats here not the FG, so all griviances should be directed to them, all houses needs to be metered with increase in power supply hours to justify tariff increase.

As long as our country is import dependent and 70% of our budget is meant for recurrent expenditures with political office holders getting huge pay for being and out of office without a real diversificationof the economy not a paper and speech diversification and really equipping the real sector of the economy, our naira will continue to fall against the dollar as long as its controls world economy and USA in still alive.

We need functional institutions and a political class that is on the side of the masses towards a vibrant and prosperous Nigeria, pmb has done nothing wrong and does not really pisses the magic wand to turn things round overnight without the support of the legislature and all Nigerians in whole, his fight against corruption is in the interest of all Nigeria as few persons can't make the countrys resources theirs and for their families and cronies.
Nigeria will make it if we believe and work with a prudent leader and honest citizens.

Peace upon us all.

Fashola is actually the problem. He's not a technocrat. I think its heartless to increase tariff in a time like this.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by VIPERVENOM(m): 12:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
So d last time the OP was sad was under PDP govt. Y wasn't he complaining then?
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by viccassi(m): 12:31pm On Feb 23, 2016
hrworld:

This article reminds of many weeks before last presidential election. A lot of writers were paid money to write against Buhari but we will never succumb to all the cheap blackmail. Are you saying you have enjoyed 15 hours light under Jonathan before he left the govt? No matter what you guys write here, PMB remains the best president this country has ever produced and we need him right now to clean all the dirty things previous govt have been doing, especially the immediate past administration. God Almighty will give him good health and long life for this assignment.

Are u saying this is best he can do to fight corruption on paper? if u think Buhari is as good as you imagine, he should AMEND the Nigerian Constitution and that will automatically address corruption. So far, Nigeria is just on a merry go round. i voted for him, but dont expect this because it is yielding nothing.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by davidsgal(f): 12:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sai Baba Sai Buhari Cnt stop laughing.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by okuneddie(m): 12:50pm On Feb 23, 2016
highpriest4:
se opari? Oya gba

lol....bros walaihi o gbadun..... u killed him

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Forwetinnah: 12:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
"Look at his cattle farm, his cows be like something wey get AIDS"

gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

My dear everything under boooooohari is a total screw up o, even ACs no longer blow cool breeze because of the hot Weather. It's indeed a curse...as it was in the 80s so it will be in the 3years plus. God save his own...bubu is jinxed

3 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by SeverusSnape(m): 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
MrEverest:
The writer is so funny & I laughed despite the gloomy economy. Come to think of it, if Presidiot Buhari is not a dullard, his farm wont be like that. Look at Obasanjo, he may be corrupt & all but he kept updating himself & even attended NOUN university at old age, his farm is one of the biggest & most modern farms in Nigeria today. Buhari on his own never attended any refresher course not to talk of university or proffessional course, his cattle looks malnourished & unattended, he could not even cross-breed to get better species. All he knows is how to chew gworo & drink kunu just like a typical unambitous & laid-back Fulani.
Na our lovely "president" you finish like this?? grin

You must be probed.

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by hrworld: 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
viccassi:

Are u saying this is best he can do to fight corruption on paper? if u think Buhari is as good as you imagine, he should AMEND the Nigerian Constitution and that will automatically address corruption. So far, Nigeria is just on a merry go round. i voted for him, but don't expect this because it is yielding nothing.

If you follow this Buhari very well, he has submitted two bills on anti-corruption to the Senate I think that is the best he could do. The corruption in the land is consuming the country and this has slowed his administration down. Corruption in Finance, CBN, Defence and Military, Senate, House. Aba. This is just too much for this man. For the country to have a better tomorrow, Buhari is the best we have now.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sibrah:
You mean you had electricity for 15 hour7 a day when ur hero ruled. If you are not having it any longer then look inwards because Buhari govt has improved on power supply. PAY UR BILLS AND STOP LYING ONLINE!!
Abeg, anywhere you see me run ooo bcus u've just aggrevated my bad mood with this ur post.

4 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by cityAdventures: 1:10pm On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:
As I'm writing this I'm sweating profusely,I've been practically angry at everyone since I came back from work.
For the past six years, I've not experienced terrible power failure like this.Our transformer picks supply from a 33kv line,which make us have at least 15 hours supply of electricity everyday,except if there is a major fault.
Then,N500 petrol can remain in my generator for 3 months,I hardly switch it on because I also have inverter.
I came back from work,I was told we only have 15 minutes power supply since morning.
Nowhere to buy petrol, I have tried and tried,the heat is damn too much.
I decide to sit outside and it seems some force command the air not to blow.

Price of food stuff has increased sharply,what kind of Country is this.Why is the word Buhari synonymous with suffering.
I just remembered that our president did not handle any personal successful business since he left office as a head of state.
Look at his cattle farm,the cows be like something wey get AIDS.

Frankly speaking, some people are like that,they are failure personified.
I pray it won't be the case this time around because it involves all of us.

I don't even know what to type again.I just tire

Cant be further from the truth. where I stay, light has not blinked for a week now...thru out this year, longest power has been out is 4hrs, and this happens like once in three days.

by the way i am not a buhari supporter, i didnt for him.
i stay in abuja, Garki

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by camilluscosmas(m): 1:17pm On Feb 23, 2016
Pls I need someone to tell me how to post my articles here oo
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by mrDennis(m): 1:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
I really hope and pray we reach a point in our national lives where common sense will prevail ... I really think the HERO was right when he said Nigerians will praise him when he left office because he knew most Nigerians lack understanding.
... And the oil prices were already predicted to fall anyway , even at that time dollar was already increasing but election cover our eye.

What leverage does Nigeria have in international market? We IMPORT everything , even the so called innoson motors ARE THE ENGINES MADE NIGERIA , TYRES?
If u give buhari THE major share of The blame then turn on CNN and see what oil prices are doing to even the Arabs but they are not complaining because they already have reserves , diversified economies (I.e UAE has dubai tourism , functioning airline etc). In Nigeria which industry do we turn to

Keep blaming buhari and be cheering PDP on ... Eventually the global oil prices will stabilise , then you can vote out apc and allow those pen wielding thieves turn our economy into a pseudo dollar economy again .

Go and see the democratic and republican nomination race. Do u see anybody sharing rice ? If u like vote back stomach infrstructufe politics in 2019 .

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Jethrolite(m): 2:11pm On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:
As I'm writing this I'm sweating profusely,I've been practically angry at everyone since I came back from work.
For the past six years, I've not experienced terrible power failure like this.Our transformer picks supply from a 33kv line,which make us have at least 15 hours supply of electricity everyday,except if there is a major fault.
Then,N500 petrol can remain in my generator for 3 months,I hardly switch it on because I also have inverter.
I came back from work,I was told we only have 15 minutes power supply since morning.

Price of food stuff has increased sharply,what kind of Country is this.Why is the word Buhari synonymous with suffering.
I just remembered that our president did not handle any personal successful business since he left office as a head of state.

We are on the same page, I risked my life supporting PMB to office but look where we are today and the government is so unconcerned. Lai Mohammed has run out of lies.

Please take it easy though, there is something called heat stroke and it is very real. You just need to do something to chill. If you die, the government would not even realise their ineptitude was responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Validated: 2:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
honeric01:
Do you need dollars to sell Ugwu?
Do you need dollars to sell garri?
Do you need dollars to sell paper, tomatoes, oil, maggi, salt sugar e.t.c yet the prices have all gone up.

Who should we blame for this? The govt or the greedy Nigerians who are good at exploiting any little opportunity they see?

Most Nigerians are by default greedy demons always looking for ways to shortchange their neighbors.

The situation of the country right now is a reflection of the people that lives in it.

Once more, the heat in the country shouldn't be blamed on the govt too as someone is already blaming the govt for this.

This govt is even too slow in dolling out the austerity measures needed to get the foundation of this country erected.

The transporter needs spare parts for his vehicle. The spares are imported with dollars which is currently #400. The maker of maggi sources raw materials some of which are imported at #400/$. The list goes on and on. At the end, the transporter will add some money so that he could repair his vehicles sometime later, the market woman would add some money so that she can also pay for tomatoes, the tomatoes grower will add some money so that he can get fertilizer and buy new implements (some of which are imported @ #400/$) for next farming season, etc. It is called multiplier effect, my brother, not "greed" as you postulated.

Unfortunately, a government that is budgeting #6Trillion of which about #2.0 Trillion is going to be from borrowing is not austere. A government planning about 50% deficit budgeting is to say the least highly "unserious" and a fatality going somewhere to happen. I pity those of you in Nigeria for the next 7 - 10 years, it would be a very sad story to tell. Wait and see, soon, government would introduce price controls and soldiers would be forcing people to sell their goods at controlled prices. The people will hail Buhari then. Thereafter, the siege would start. Commodity prices would skyrocket like the dollar is doing now. Toilet paper would become so scarce that you would be buying newsprint for use. Milk and other essential commodities would out of the reach of the average Nigerians, since no sensible trader would import items at #400/$ and sell at #197/$, the middle class that is now growing would be wiped out as job losses would become daily news. My advice, go and farm now. The farm produce would atleast provide fufu and amala for your family, because, the abakiliki rich would be for the rich only. This is the Buhari you voted in. He did in 1984 and for 20 months, Nigerians saw hell. Now he has not just 20 months, but 48 months and even likely to go further as he has shutdown opposition. Enjoy the CHANGE. Next time, you would look before you leap!!!

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by 4C2215131: 2:32pm On Feb 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
Yesterday night, I was almost praying for death cos felt like it was the end of the world. Intense heat coupled with mosquito battle.. What a memorable night ! cheesy

Hehehehehe...hahahahaha...funny

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by francizy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 23, 2016
gentleheart1:

he is not lying and this is not about paying bills. I know you eat from Buhari's crumbs and that's why you will remain blind to the truth.

Don't mind that mumu.. Na so them deal with me, I by force cough out almost 400k (even in this terrible economic condition) purchase inverter, batteries, solar panels, flexible wires and rechargeable fans just to ensure I sleep with power. Couldn't take it anymore mehn.

What annoys me most is that the foools still have us pay thousands of cash for supplying zilch...

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Omoluabi16(m): 2:51pm On Feb 23, 2016
SegunAdewole:
The presidiot is a kunu-sipping mofo with cow dungs for brains. May the economy crash on his head and his head only.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Omoluabi16(m): 2:56pm On Feb 23, 2016
Eintelekt:

So will it be correct to say that you campaigned for Buhari out of Ignorance?
biafran baboon, are you the one who reported me cos I threatened to sl@p you?
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gentleheart1(f): 2:58pm On Feb 23, 2016
francizy:

Don't mind that mumu.. Na so them deal with me, I by force cough out almost 400k (even in this terrible economic condition) purchase inverter, batteries, solar panels, flexible wires and rechargeable fans just to ensure I sleep with power. Couldn't take it anymore mehn.

What annoys me most is that the foools still have us pay thousands of cash for supplying zilch...

It's really frustrating and annoying, when I look back at times I just nod my head in regret.

Was just complaining to a friend now about the light situation and she was also sad because the prices of food stuffs has gone up and she said a bag of pure water now is 150.

I wonder if Nigeria is under a curse, Buhari lacks common sense and his economic policies can't solve the problem.
There is absolutely no hope in this country and people are seriously losing their jobs while Buhari is busy globetrotting.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by pek(m): 3:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Standing5:
You are a liar. You can connec to 33kv directly. Stop lying. Plus 33kv lines aren't synonymous with power supply of the Nation or even a state.
You need a special transformer to connect 33KVA. That line is for industrial usage and not for domestic. My area in Lagos had that connection and we use to have light for 23hrs+. It is also illegal to connect for domestic.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gentleheart1(f): 3:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
Validated:

The transporter needs spare parts for his vehicle. The spares are imported with dollars which is currently #400. The maker of maggi sources raw materials some of which are imported at #400/$. The list goes on and on. At the end, the transporter will add some money so that he could repair his vehicles sometime later, the market woman would add some money so that she can also pay for tomatoes, the tomatoes grower will add some money so that he can get fertilizer and buy new implements (some of which are imported @ #400/$) for next farming season, etc. It is called multiplier effect, my brother, not "greed" as you postulated.

Unfortunately, a government that is budgeting #6Trillion of which about #2.0 Trillion is going to be from borrowing is not austere. A government planning about 50% deficit budgeting is to say the least highly "unserious" and a fatality going somewhere to happen. I pity those of you in Nigeria for the next 7 - 10 years, it would be a very sad story to tell. Wait and see, soon, government would introduce price controls and soldiers would be forcing people to sell their goods at controlled prices. The people will hail Buhari then. Thereafter, the siege would start. Commodity prices would skyrocket like the dollar is doing now. Toilet paper would become so scarce that you would be buying newsprint for use. Milk and other essential commodities would out of the reach of the average Nigerians, since no sensible trader would import items at #400/$ and sell at #197/$, the middle class that is now growing would be wiped out as job losses would become daily news. My advice, go and farm now. The farm produce would atleast provide fufu and amala for your family, because, the abakiliki rich would be for the rich only. This is the Buhari you voted in. He did in 1984 and for 20 months, Nigerians saw hell. Now he has not just 20 months, but 48 months and even likely to go further as he has shutdown opposition. Enjoy the CHANGE. Next time, you would look before you leap!!!

I like your analysis so on point, just explained something similar to a friend now.

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by MrEverest(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Na our lovely "president" you finish like this?? grin

You must be probed.
Lol, ofcourse you know his tactics, I know by now he must have sent Daura & his DSS boys to link me by any means possible to Dasuki largess & then throw me into detention but I'm not afraid of him, afterall if Dasuki had looked my side & I got some change, I wont be in this country by now & still be enduring all these sh!t from them!

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by xtervaganza(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:

hahahahhaha hahahahahaha you're so funny. I laughed really hard at his cattle having aids lol

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by tosyne2much(m): 3:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
4C2215131:

Hehehehehe...hahahahaha...funny
I'm serious ooooo cheesy
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by comos: 3:21pm On Feb 23, 2016
where is fashola ?

He only cares about increasing tariff

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by kadree(m): 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
Muhammadu and his team shud quickly come up wit result-based policy reforms to revive dis dieying economy as It appears dey aren't doing enough. But It will b too quick to forget dis http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/171145-brace-tougher-times-ahead-okonjo-iweala-tells-nigerians.html
Dat was in 2014 wen d signal of dwindling oil price was so clear yet, looting of our insufficient resources was taken to It all time high during dis period . No b today our problem start. D type of leaders wey we dey get for dis country dey defy my understanding. While dem dey say make we tight our belt to reduce d size of fud wey our belle suppose take, dem dey loose dia belt n even go for surgical operation to take construct xtra reservoir for dia belle.
Shame on u wey dem break bottle on top ur head because of one politician.
Woe onto u wey dey support bad governance and corruption because d goverment in power shares d same religion, tribe and biliv as u n woe on u If u can't wait to c a sitting president fail because of ur dislike for his person, tribe n religion biliv "up dey fall, no b on top one person head e go land " . Dahlu!
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by bakila: 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2016
gwmlogistic:

I guess you were alot happier 6 years ago when crude sold for $110 and our leaders at the time failed to industrialize, Failed to build power plants, failed to create employment but succeeded in depleting our foreign reserve and looting funds. As a man with a job , gen and inverter I take it that you are educated, pls kindly enlighten me better on what this present govt has done to increase the suffering on the masses, Nigeria has been a ticking bomb( special thanks to the administration in the past 6yrs). It's quite convenient for you to forget what hardship you went through in the last 6years due to your political inclination.
Unfortunately you got only three likes, unlike op that got about two hundred. He is not angry that our main commodity is now $38 and we are in a mess because someone did not manage the resources will at $110 in the past 6 years. He should be angry if he saw nothing wrong with the past.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Mypeople2(m): 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
The person you are complaining about does not stay in the country . He is neither around nor on seat. He just came back some days ago and he has travelled again. Now tell me,how will he know there is no power in the country when he is never around?His passion is syphoned money and not for power. It is all about the MONEY.As for Sibrah, say the truth so that you won't die in silence

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by PreyingMantis(m): 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Toks2008:
Just 9 months of the new government and we are writing this yet we had 16years of failed governance.

May GOD help some people.
My friend, things were never as bad as this during your so-called '16 years of failed governance'... For your information, nothing exemplifies failed governance better than what we're experiencing now... Tougher times lie ahead

Lies and propaganda can win you elections but can never help you govern.

#ImpeachBuhariNow!

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
A malaria drug that i normally buy at 3500, is now 5000... I don tire for this country ooo.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unclad Man Disrupts Voting Process At Polling Unit In Abia (Photos) / The Day Two South-East Governors Shouted At Each Other / Omoyele Sowore: Free Kanu Now! Asking For Self-Determination Is Not A Crime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.