Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years (40225 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Oghumu1(m): 10:25am On Feb 23, 2016
I'm also going through the same thing. The heat this days is becoming something else, and the change we voted for has been negative. I see a country where the leader travels to every country yet we the people that voted him are suffering. I doubt if this man knows we are going through hardship in this country, I think there should be an open forum for us to pour out our mind whereby it will get to his desk.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by jidsoon(m): 10:25am On Feb 23, 2016
Thank God you get 15min pa day come to ipaja for 2weeks now no light

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Saintp(m): 10:26am On Feb 23, 2016
dotmanxp:

but guy Jonathan too was not good, with this crash in oil price it would have been worst under uncle jona. it's just unfortunate that a country like Nigeria can only produce bubu and Jonathan for presidency.

My broda that is why i don't vote ooo. you look the ballot box, it's just a case of choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. How can a country of 180m people keep churning out useless set of leaders since 1999. na waa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by UncleJudax(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2016
Naija9090:
See how they packaged the man Bubu...like one professor of endocrinology at Harvard.Lol! I have never seen Bubu in suit until election time...to deceive gullible people. I even hear one yeye yoruba say he looks like Obama.Lol! I no even know se him get very big bald head until I saw this pic. By the time Bubu is done with this country, you no go see data buy sef to complain for Nairaland...I dey talk to you OP. Your situation even better, my neighbor wey campaign for Buhari nah for outside him dey sleep every night for this serious heat because light no dey stay pass one hr. Him don cry tire say even under Jonathan yes things bad but no be like this at least then him dey sleep inside house as light dey day.
Hahaha@sleeping outside grin

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by HirstMOG(m): 10:29am On Feb 23, 2016
Cattle only stay in the Bush. Even if you carry a cow in a Ferrari to the palace, will it change it from being a cow

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by eyeview: 10:29am On Feb 23, 2016
Infact,brethren,let us pray!

Repeat after me!

My Faaatherr! My Faaatherr!

Everybody! Who worked for the victory of this APC government,either by campaigning or by voting!

What are you waiting for?!

Oya! Fall down and die!

Die! Die! Die

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by ozoemenaca: 10:30am On Feb 23, 2016
The funny part is that while people are suffering you see some people justifying this act of gross incompetence of the APC led Government. I know even Tinubu is not happy with the way things are going because I know he does not associate himself with something that is not right. of cause they know that people are suffering

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by dabossman(m): 10:32am On Feb 23, 2016
Would power supply drop in the US if Buhari or. even Donald Trump were to become president? I doubt it. We should learn to build institutions that last not looking for superhuman leaders who can fix it all.

Mind you the current blackout is more likely a form of blackmail because we refused the new tariff. It started immediately after the Senate put a stop to it.

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by viktor01(m): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2016
This op deserves a position in the wailers association of nairaland (WAN).
If real men wey dey vex for this administration catch you ehn, e no go look good o.

4 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by eyeview: 10:33am On Feb 23, 2016
comos:

where if Fashola ?

I can remember how he used to blame GEJ everyday for everthing

The only thing fashola has succeded in doing is to increase electricity tarriff nationwide while even the power generation and distribution has drastically declined. But this was the man that was running his mouth like an idiot when GEJ and his team was working round d clock to stabilize power at the most minimal cost on the people

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Freksy(m): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2016
Rossikk:

Bros... if you're fretting over 10 naira increase you need another job.

So a price increase of 20% is nothing to you right?

You say he needs another job. Are good jobs really available?

Please change your viewpoint for once and look at things from the perspective of the common people.

4 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by foriz4u(m): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:
As I'm writing this I'm sweating profusely,I've been practically angry at everyone since I came back from work.
For the past six years, I've not experienced terrible power failure like this.Our transformer picks supply from a 33kv line,which make us have at least 15 hours supply of electricity everyday,except if there is a major fault.
Then,N500 petrol can remain in my generator for 3 months,I hardly switch it on because I also have inverter.
I came back from work,I was told we only have 15 minutes power supply since morning.
Nowhere to buy petrol, I have tried and tried,the heat is damn too much.
I decide to sit outside and it seems some force command the air not to blow.

Price of food stuff has increased sharply,what kind of Country is this.Why is the word Buhari synonymous with suffering.
I just remembered that our president did not handle any personal successful business since he left office as a head of state.
Look at his cattle farm,the cows be like something wey get AIDS.

Frankly speaking, some people are like that,they are failure personified.
I pray it won't be the case this time around because it involves all of us.

I don't even know what to type again.I just tire
hahahaha... u neva c anytin, e jus star o... dat time u were on social campaigning and chanting "change" "change" u didn't listen to the processing ur brain was making about buhari's cattle farm. so no complain yet o, this is d beginning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by jaymichael(m): 10:34am On Feb 23, 2016
MzPecs:
Seriously, buhary is the true definition of badluck in this country.

...and that's how I wanted to buy golden penny spaghetti yesterday and I was told it's now N140. Damn!
Na Buhari dey sell golden penny spaghetti?
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by sinistermind(m): 10:35am On Feb 23, 2016
dotmanxp:

but guy Jonathan too was not good, with this crash in oil price it would have been worst under uncle jona. it's just unfortunate that a country like Nigeria can only produce bubu and Jonathan for presidency.

You couldn't have said it better.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by olaezekalonge(m): 10:35am On Feb 23, 2016
May you be comforted by HOLY SPIRIT

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by eyeview: 10:36am On Feb 23, 2016
dabossman:
Would power supply drop in the US if Buhari or. even Donald Trump were to become president? I doubt it. We should learn to build institutions that last not looking for superhuman leaders who can fix it all.

Mind you the current blackout is more likely a form of blackmail because we refused the new tariff. It started immediately after the Senate put a stop to it.

They ignore the senate's order. I paid for my prepaid yesterday and the printout (and that of other customers)clearly shows that they have commenced the new 45% increased tarriff. U no know fashola, he's a very stubborn man and he doesn't do anything that won't cost more on the consumers,regardless of the poor quality of service rendered

3 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by dabossman(m): 10:36am On Feb 23, 2016
Saintp:

My broda that is why i don't vote ooo. you look the ballot box, it's just a case of choosing between the devil and the deep blue sea. How can a country of 180m people keep churning out useless set of leaders since 1999. na waa ooo

Ask Lagbaja, and he will tell you.

#200millionmumus

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by 247Dior(m): 10:37am On Feb 23, 2016
Naija9090:
See how they packaged the man Bubu...like one professor of endocrinology at Harvard.Lol! I have never seen Bubu in suit until election time...to deceive gullible people. I even hear one yeye yoruba say he looks like Obama.Lol! I no even know se him get very big bald head until I saw this pic. By the time Bubu is done with this country, you no go see data buy sef to complain for Nairaland...I dey talk to you OP. Your situation even better, my neighbor wey campaign for Buhari nah for outside him dey sleep every night for this serious heat because light no dey grin stay pass one hr. Him don cry tire say even under Jonathan yes things bad but no be like this at least then him dey sleep inside house as light dey day.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by bjdon: 10:37am On Feb 23, 2016
ednut1:
welcome back to 1985. Fela said it all. jamming my Overtake don over take overtake nd confusion break bone

Ah the Great Fella....

Zombie O Zombie, Zombie way na one way...

Many leaders when you see them, na inside disguise them dey O, Animal in human skin!

No be Outside Buhari dey O, Na Craze man be that.....

That man was a prophet who saw it all!!
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 23, 2016
15 hours of light in this country, brother u can lie sha. I smell iPod everywhere.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by lakezone67(m): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2016
kilokeys:
Bro u no vex pass me

QueenValerie.. The lips are yours.. kiss
Sometimes I think PMB contested just because he wanted Nigeria to fund his four-year world tour... Trust me he wont contest for second term

3 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by lafayette(m): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2016
I dnt knw about u guys but I liv in Port Harcourt, power supply has been a nightmare compared to when I used to base in calabar. In calabar I used to experience steady power supply, if there's no light for upto 3days, just know the transformer is having issues. Ever since I came to port harcourt as @September 2015, power supply has been a very serious issue till date. If not for my uncle's big inverter which we put on d gen @night to charge till morning to b used during the day, I dnt know how it would have been. To those without power supply, I feel for u guys, d best u can do is tak a shower anything ur body feels uncomfortable due to power supply issue...

3 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 23, 2016
iamrealdeji:
I feel the same way bro. Unfortunately,I was one of the folks that were campaigning for Buhari on line,but i'm so much disappointed now that I don't even listen to news that much anymore. Buhari is like a curse to Nigeria,he's complicating matters the more and I got to realize that Tunde Idiagbon was actually ruling Nigeria during their military regime. 

So will it be correct to say that you campaigned for Buhari out of Ignorance?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by chidooh1: 10:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Howcomes:
Opportunity To Study In Germany Through Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/2951118/opportunity-study-germany-through-scholarship
We are complaining about our country's economy and you're busy looking for who to scam.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Wetin dey vex me pass b say food for my school cafeteria don reduce ...food whey no plenty before # sobs
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by oglalasioux(m): 10:39am On Feb 23, 2016
Until we line up generator importers, lock them up and throw the keys away, no magic can revamp the power sector in Nigeria. They pay huge bribes to electricity generation companies to sabotage the system.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by austin2all: 10:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Una Neva see anything
The signs were too obvious yet you chose the "change" well let's enjoy it, what else can I say.
Wetin concern me

4 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by sinistermind(m): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2016
This light issue varies though, to be fair. Some sides in lagos enjoys light while odas don't. But one truth is that the economy is crashing without any solution in site. Mr. President should just put pride aside and consult economy experts on the way forward not depending on his INCOMPETENT ministers or else we don enter one chance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by eyeview: 10:42am On Feb 23, 2016
Eintelekt:

So will it be correct to say that you campaigned for Buhari out of Ignorance?
God bless you for that question.
The fastest way to annoy me is to see anyone who campaigned for buhari to come now to complain. Nothing annoys me like it cos we warned them but they didn't care! Now,they have succeded in putting us all in this mess and now that its too late,they want to regret.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by SeverusSnape(m): 10:42am On Feb 23, 2016
Toks2008:

Just 9 months of the new government and we are writing this yet we had 16years of failed governance.

May GOD help some people.
16 years, right?... In those sixteen years, Most of the present APC members were all in PDP, So what are you even saying??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 23, 2016
kceewhyte:
no dear u don't know that....you are not umpire anymore
because me self join dey suffer too

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by maasoap(m): 10:43am On Feb 23, 2016
lwisee:
As I'm writing this I'm sweating profusely,I've been practically angry at everyone since I came back from work.
For the past six years, I've not experienced terrible power failure like this.Our transformer picks supply from a 33kv line,which make us have at least 15 hours supply of electricity everyday,except if there is a major fault.
Then,N500 petrol can remain in my generator for 3 months,I hardly switch it on because I also have inverter.
I came back from work,I was told we only have 15 minutes power supply since morning.
Nowhere to buy petrol, I have tried and tried,the heat is damn too much.
I decide to sit outside and it seems some force command the air not to blow.

Price of food stuff has increased sharply,what kind of Country is this.Why is the word Buhari synonymous with suffering.
I just remembered that our president did not handle any personal successful business since he left office as a head of state.
Look at his cattle farm,the cows be like something wey get AIDS.

Frankly speaking, some people are like that,they are failure personified.
I pray it won't be the case this time around because it involves all of us.

I don't even know what to type again.I just tire
Wailers always looking for an avenue to wail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye At Governor Wike's Inauguration / Buhari Appoints Ahmed Idris As AGF / MAGU FIGHTS BACK: Intensifies Probe Of Senators, Ex-govs

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.