Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years (40230 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by atirolu(m): 11:21am On Feb 23, 2016
If with corruption, 1 dollar was N180; and now without corruption, 1 dollar is N400...Ladies and Gentlemen, you all will agree with me that we need corruption in this country... lol grin grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Optimixim(m): 11:23am On Feb 23, 2016
gists:

@the bolded.
YOu are part of the problem. You are not supposed to take power from the 33kV line. That set of powerlines is reserved for industries. The bulk of the faults on electric installations come from end users (i.e residential users) . You individual consumers have brought down that line with so many faults (which is typical of residential lines). Other reason could be that that line has been overloaded. It was supposed to serve heavy loads from the industries and it now has to carry more load than it was originally designed for. Also note that your community may not be the only one connected to that line. Other near-by communities too will be encouraged to do the same illegal connection thereby compounding the problem.

So, face the consequence of your action and the PHCN official that connected you to the industrial line should be prosecuted.
I term this your post trash in electrical transmission line, there are some areas where double line doesn't need to go to a particular local, if the 33kva is for industries, why can't it handle residence, the industries run inductive loads(motors) which have a high starting current, yet the line handles the load effectively, let me ask: do you know why voltage is stepped so high in a transmission line? When the voltage is high, the current gets lower, there by heat generation will be at minimal.

Power = voltage X current

Heat =(I^2)R

You see the consumer is not the fault sir. If enough power is generated, the cables can handle as millions of volts as possible with low current kept constant, the whole nigeria will be powered. If you are in doubt, I will prove. Our presidiot mama mmadu bu garri ( somebody's mama is garri) is as dumb as his maloooo!

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by nbright: 11:24am On Feb 23, 2016
otokx:

Sardines is 165 for Titus in Spar PH, its 140 for other less known brands. We Nigerians love to over profit from every situation aka greed.
so people should go to spar just to buy sardines nd geisha?

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Lovexme(m): 11:24am On Feb 23, 2016
Pidggin:
Nigerians Sha, virtually everything has increased in price, this evening wanted to buy Sardines, was surprised at the sudden change in price from N150 to N200 grin we just have to cope with this

Did you confirm if the number of fishes remain the same?

4 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by MrEverest(m): 11:24am On Feb 23, 2016
iamrealdeji:
I feel the same way bro. Unfortunately,I was one of the folks that were campaigning for Buhari on line,but i'm so much disappointed now that I don't even listen to news that much anymore. Buhari is like a curse to Nigeria,he's complicating matters the more and I got to realize that Tunde Idiagbon was actually ruling Nigeria during their military regime. 
True confession! Sorry Bro, we warned you but nobody listened, its quite unfortunate that we are in this sh!t together. Its too late!!!

5 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by nbright: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2016
iamrealdeji:
I feel the same way bro. Unfortunately,I was one of the folks that were campaigning for Buhari on line,but i'm so much disappointed now that I don't even listen to news that much anymore. Buhari is like a curse to Nigeria,he's complicating matters the more and I got to realize that Tunde Idiagbon was actually ruling Nigeria during their military regime. 
I mentioned it here during the campaign period, but most Yoruba's laughed at me. Idiagbon was the strong one amongst them. Buhari was just lucky to have him then.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Fury007: 11:28am On Feb 23, 2016
SeverusSnape:

Buhari the dull fool doesn't listen to advices. So let him wallow in his foolhardiness.

really i didn't expect anything from your shallow senses. dont be deceived by this id, i have an old and recognisable name on this platform.

lately, nairaland is beginning to feel beneath my age and level. too many lost kids like you jabbing and barking. too many ridiculous topics cum comments

dear Seun Osewa, has the app been hijacked from you??! the quality of content has been thrown to the dogs!!
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by nbright: 11:30am On Feb 23, 2016
dotmanxp:

but guy Jonathan too was not good, with this crash in oil price it would have been worst under uncle jona. it's just unfortunate that a country like Nigeria can only produce bubu and Jonathan for presidency.
buhari made it to crash.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by iamrealdeji(m): 11:30am On Feb 23, 2016
Eintelekt:

So will it be correct to say that you campaigned for Buhari out of Ignorance?
yeah,I did and I really regret it now,i used to think he's the best thing since slice bread,but now I realize he's the reverse

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by BluePearls(m): 11:31am On Feb 23, 2016
dabossman:
Would power supply drop in the US if Buhari or. even Donald Trump were to become president? I doubt it. We should learn to build institutions that last not looking for superhuman leaders who can fix it all.

Mind you the current blackout is more likely a form of blackmail because we refused the new tariff. It started immediately after the Senate put a stop to it.

So far the only sensible thing said here.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nobody: 11:32am On Feb 23, 2016
Buhari is a failure! Simple.

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:34am On Feb 23, 2016
gists:

@the bolded.
YOu are part of the problem. You are not supposed to take power from the 33kV line. That set of powerlines is reserved for industries. The bulk of the faults on electric installations come from end users (i.e residential users) . You individual consumers have brought down that line with so many faults (which is typical of residential lines). Other reason could be that that line has been overloaded. It was supposed to serve heavy loads from the industries and it now has to carry more load than it was originally designed for. Also note that your community may not be the only one connected to that line. Other near-by communities too will be encouraged to do the same illegal connection thereby compounding the problem.

So, face the consequence of your action and the PHCN official that connected you to the industrial line should be prosecuted.

Rubbish.
I guess every part of Nigeria has 33kv powerlinez then.
Is there any part of Nigeria that has regular light now? Why were people having light before but not again?
Try again

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by iamrealdeji(m): 11:37am On Feb 23, 2016
PAINGAIN:
in other words, u r now wailing. Well better late than never. U r welcome to d wailers party. The only group of nigerians who saw through tinubu's repackaged buhari and knew it was all a lie. Wailers r never fooled. Welcome on board. Oya go pick form for rose hand. Dele momodu just registered.
hmmmn,Buhari is a disaster,i tried not to admit it,but now I have to swallow my pride since it's getting worse. I can't keep deceiving myself

4 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:40am On Feb 23, 2016
Rossikk:

Bros... if you're fretting over 10 naira increase you need another job.
Crap as usual
With many companies , local and foreign folding and others sacking workers, where will he see another job?
I even thought you were deeper than this.
If the price of everything steadily increases by #10 within a short period, won't your savings be affected? Is high renumeration an indication for wasting money?

3 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by toprealman: 11:43am On Feb 23, 2016
He promised CHANGE, you guys celebrated. He has barely introduced the change now you are complaining.

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:44am On Feb 23, 2016
hrworld:

This article reminds of many weeks before last presidential election. A lot of writers were paid money to write against Buhari but we will never succumb to all the cheap blackmail. Are you saying you have enjoyed 15 hours light under Jonathan before he left the govt? No matter what you guys write here, PMB remains the best president this country has ever produced and we need him right now to clean all the dirty things previous govt have been doing, especially the immediate past administration. God Almighty will give him good health and long life for this assignment.
And that shame of a budget is a clean thing to you?

3 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by hrworld: 11:53am On Feb 23, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

And that shame of a budget is a clean thing to you?

The shame that was brought by Jonathan's people and he got rid of all of them. They are the one slowing down our budget.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by MrEverest(m): 12:00pm On Feb 23, 2016
TruthHurts1:
"Look at his cattle farm,the cows be like something wey get AIDS."

grin
grin
grin
The writer is so funny & I laughed despite the gloomy economy. Come to think of it, if Presidiot Buhari is not a dullard, his farm wont be like that. Look at Obasanjo, he may be corrupt & all but he kept updating himself & even attended NOUN university at old age, his farm is one of the biggest & most modern farms in Nigeria today. Buhari on his own never attended any refresher course not to talk of university or proffessional course, his cattle looks malnourished & unattended, he could not even cross-breed to get better species. All he knows is how to chew gworo & drink kunu just like a typical unambitous & laid-back Fulani.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by snoopdg(m): 12:02pm On Feb 23, 2016
It's funny how all the issues of Nigeria has been heaped on pmb and APC. It's simply amusing but this same issue could have happened with pdp in power with a degree of cushioning being in power for long, Don't belong to apc or pdp the fact remains that those of you casting assertions on pmb are not in any way better than him, not in the least, doing that won't solve your any of issues bedevilling the country and each household.

As per power supply, I blame fashola for aiding the increase in tariff without commensurate increase in generation and supply, the discos are the cheats here not the FG, so all griviances should be directed to them, all houses needs to be metered with increase in power supply hours to justify tariff increase.

As long as our country is import dependent and 70% of our budget is meant for recurrent expenditures with political office holders getting huge pay for being and out of office without a real diversificationof the economy not a paper and speech diversification and really equipping the real sector of the economy, our naira will continue to fall against the dollar as long as its controls world economy and USA in still alive.

We need functional institutions and a political class that is on the side of the masses towards a vibrant and prosperous Nigeria, pmb has done nothing wrong and does not really pisses the magic wand to turn things round overnight without the support of the legislature and all Nigerians in whole, his fight against corruption is in the interest of all Nigeria as few persons can't make the countrys resources theirs and for their families and cronies.
Nigeria will make it if we believe and work with a prudent leader and honest citizens.

Peace upon us all.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gwmlogistic: 12:04pm On Feb 23, 2016
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gentleheart1(f): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2016
rozayx5:
prices of things have really soared and my sisters workplace sacked about 40 people yesterday shocked shocked

God go help Us o, plenty companies don dey fire since na. Na prayer people dey pray make the hammer no hit person head too

And that oversabi Fashola go dey increase tarrifs, I no know who send am.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by gentleheart1(f): 12:07pm On Feb 23, 2016
rozayx5:
prices of things have really soared and my sisters workplace sacked about 40 people yesterday shocked shocked

God go help Us o, plenty companies don dey fire since na. Na prayer people dey pray make the hammer no hit person head too

And that oversabi Fashola go dey increase tarrifs, I know who send am.

3 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by hucienda: 12:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
iamrealdeji:
yeah,I did and I really regret it now,i used to think he's the best thing since slice bread,but now I realize he's the reverse

A real man owns up to his past mistake. You are one. #Resspekt

I wish the current administration puts the economy on the right path.. it's been so directionless and comatose of late.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by collinsVP: 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
dotmanxp:

but guy Jonathan too was not good, with this crash in oil price it would have been worst under uncle jona. it's just unfortunate that a country like Nigeria can only produce bubu and Jonathan for presidency.

Honestly. Given the quantum of sophisticated human resource to her disposal.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Igbospower(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2016
Rossikk:

cry ehh abeg no vex oo... since u get the moni Abeg help a broda.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by vislabraye(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
iamrealdeji:

At least you can see. Some zombies even praise the government for increase in tariff. What type of country are we in ?
Hardship does not recognise whether you are Apc or Pdp. Everyone is suffering including the zombies. 2 thousand naira electricity could take us up to a month. But now it is not so. Instead of us to come 2geda as one to kick against this, we are playing politics. What a shame.
People like Mbaka and Bakare that should lead the people to protest have gone into hiding. Have you heard Bakare speak all this while ? No. He has rather decided to focus on his calling which he should have done since.

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Igbospower(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
Rossikk:

cry ehh?? abeg no vex oo... since u get the moni Abeg help a broda.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by missLight(f): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2016
In Phyno's voice"onwebero ife ifuu" (u never see anything)... hoping it gets better.

1 Like

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by Nicepoker(m): 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
Sibrah:
You mean you had electricity for 15 hour7 a day when ur hero ruled. If you are not having it any longer then look inwards because Buhari govt has improved on power supply. PAY UR BILLS AND STOP LYING ONLINE!!
U ARE THE LIAR.
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by centyboy: 12:18pm On Feb 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
Don't tell you are frm Ado?
Not in that sense bro...i mean state of mind!
Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by vislabraye(m): 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
nbright:
I mentioned it here during the campaign period, but most Yoruba's laughed at me. Idiagbon was the strong one amongst them. Buhari was just lucky to have him then.
No wonder they were overthrown when Idiagbon travelled.

2 Likes

Re: Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years by chinchum(m): 12:20pm On Feb 23, 2016
Nigerians must understand there are times and season. Season of plenty and famine. We had season of plenty until, mid 2014, the season of drought is upon us at the moment, this is not about PMB that is there, infact, i am happy it was not GEJ bestowed with handling this season of drought, it would have been a bad situation made worse. When the budget 2016 is passed in 2 weeks fron now, more funds will be pumped in to the system, projects will be funded. There should be a respite.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Recall, Dead On Arrival - Senate / I'm Shocked To Hear What Buhari’s Ex-Ministers Are Saying About Him - Kukah / We Will Not Take Part In Any Election Until We Get A Referendum-nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.