Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,881 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27053 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 4:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
@whitelexi - think u know the answer to that already! no need to complicate things rite? wouldnt want u confused!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 4:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

There are two responsibilities widely accepted over a woman -- A parent's responsibility, when she's old enough, they hand her over to her husband who takes care of her until the day she dies(of course if they are still married). So which category does a guy taking responsibility over a girl belong? Please let me know. How about the girl take care of the guy? Oh we dare not bring that up and we shall hear different name calling here. A lady posted some days ago asking if she can giver her boyfriend money, we know what y'all girls said. Hypocrites!! Kudos to my good girls in the house. I'm proud of y'all.

ROFLMBAO grin grin grin grin grin  *Dead*

yjay:

@whitelexi - think u know the answer to that already! no need to complicate things rite? wouldnt want u confused!!!!

I really dunno the answer to that pls, educate us grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 4:57pm On Jul 21, 2009
Theblessed:

[b]Yeah right, on occasions our men should buy us things for example, BIRTHDAYS, CHRIStMAS, EASTER, CHRISTENING CEREMONIES, WEDDINGS, sometime important functions etc, that's normal - not demanding a monthly salary from his very small wage that's absurd and defeats the idea of two people in-love. Unless if you don't love each other then re-classify your relationship as CASUAL in other words:  anything goes!!

This girlfriend we are talking about, why can't she find a job, do any job no matter how small it pays and save her dignity instead of pretentiously selling sex to the guy whilst claiming to be a GIRLFRIEND that's wrong. Better show yourself up as a POLE and TABEL dancer rather than pretending to be what you are not 'AN INNOCENT, NICE GIRL' that has not not been touched by any man except him cool cool grin grin grin grin.  At least, the guy would know exactly where he stands, what he's getting and where to find you when next he needs you probably, on the POLE TABLE - eeezy pee eeezy
[/b]
They are going to start hating or talking at you . . . . but don't you worry I'm right behind you to defend if any of them dares talk silly. Go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Whitelexi Doesn't it marvel you that just when we thought your Nigerian girls are getting better to know what's right and doing it, some of them are still stinkingly deteriorating?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
@seeker - the responsiblity would probably fit in between when she's old enough & b4 she gets married!!!!!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

@seeker - the responsiblity would probably fit in between when she's old enough & b4 she gets married!!!!!!!!

U are not making much sense here, do not ask for ALLOWNCE from a bf, u are basically selling urself
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2009
No problem with a guy helping out his girl with the cash from time to time but when it becomes an obligation for him to do it in the eyes of the girl, that's when there's a big problem.

In terms of expecting your guy to hand money over, I think most girls would expect their guys to assist them financially at some point in the relationship but there are certain ways you approach it, for instance you don't bluntly ask him for the cash as if he owes it to you just because you're going out, you don't mope around or act moody if he does not give you money, he doesn't owe you anything but is kind enough to give you something out of the kindness of his heart and for that that should be one of the things you should appreciate in him.

Just because he gave you money to buy your whatever it is you wanted to buy today does not mean he has to do so tomorrow, next week or next month, not saying he won't but just don't make it seem to him as though you're collecting some sort of salary, it's irritating, many guys I know would do that for their girls anyway, no problem, but generally when people are doing something, it just feels much better doing that thing when you're not being forced, especially when you don't actually have to do it.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 5:06pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

Who fits it in between? God? Law? Culture? Background? Tradition? If it's none of these, Miss, you have no point.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 5:13pm On Jul 21, 2009
Its really amazing to me why all the fuss & negative comments abt getting a monthly allowance from someone ure dating!!!!!!!!
Is it that big of a deal!!!!!!! NO!!!!!! its not! lipsrsealed
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

Its really amazing to me why all the fuss & negative comments abt getting a monthly allowance from someone ure dating!!!!!!!!

Well, if you and your guy are comfortable with that deal, fair enough, I guess it's down to individual reasoning.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 5:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

Why don't you just answer the question? It's a matter of being logical. When it comes to monetary issues, it's got to be logical. Romance is from the heart, money is always on your mind and your conscience controls it.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by iice(f): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

No problem with a guy helping out his girl with the cash from time to time but when it becomes obligatory for him to do it in the eyes of the girl, that's when there's a big problem.

cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Theblessed(f): 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

They are going to start hating or talking at you . . . . but don't you worry I'm right behind you to defend if any of them dares talk silly. Go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@Whitelexi Doesn't it marvel you that just when we thought your Nigerian girls are getting better to know what's right and doing it, some of them are still stinkingly deteriorating?

Hi TheSeeker,

Don't worry, my sisters know what I am saying is the truth as they all would not want their brothers sucked dry by a woman at any cost because, she made him happy grin grin grin grin grin.  Its our duties as sisters to protect our brothers from harmful women and our brothers are there to look out for us and that's why having a sibling is very important.

And should any HOTTIE comes after me, be sure this FIRE will eat them alive and they won't have mouth to ask for another monthly ALLOWANCE ever again, when I myself work my butt off.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
iice:

cheesy
Why me jor, t'was a teeny mistake grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by charles316: 5:22pm On Jul 21, 2009
CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I SHLD PAY ANY GIRL ALLOWANCE FROM FROM MY HARD EARNED MONEY.

YJAY,I WILL ADVICE YOU TO KEEP ON DATING YAHOO YAHOO BOYS.AS FOR ME, I MAKE CLEAN MONEY AND SO SHLD NOT SPEND IT ON AN UNCLEAN GIRL.NO WONDER U SEE GIRLS SPENDING FOOLISHLY because SOME MAGAS HAVE PACKED A PERCENTAGE OF HIS SALARY TO HIS THEM.

@VJAY,GO AND GET MARRIED ,SO THAT UR HUSBAND CAN GIVE U PART OF HIS SALARY.OR IS UR DEMANDING NATURE DRIVING GUYS AWAY?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Well, if you and your guy are comfortable with that deal, fair enough, I guess it's down to individual reasoning.

[glow=purple,2,300]I agree[/glow]

sesman:

we are in a discussion forum, grin we like to discuss grin

[glow=purple,2,300]ok carry on grin but do u like to discuss or harrass? frankly in some, I dont  see a difference![/glow]

charles316:

YET ANOTHER CHEAP GOLD DIGGER.PLS GO SIT DOWN.

@ YJAY,IS UR GUY DOING U HIMSELF A FAVOUR BY DATING U.I JUST HOPE DAT U REALISE THTA RELATIONSHIP IS A NOT A MONEY MAKING ADVENTURE.

[glow=purple,2,300]Its apparent that you cant read. From day one, I said I got my own, I don't need yours  tongue If I cant get it and my parents cant, then I defintely dont need it wink but im not gonna attack those who feel otherwise, several of my cousins are pimpin lol , whatever floats their boat shasmiley
People wanna debate whether their girl would ride in the front of the car when I rather ride in my ownsmiley [/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by iice(f): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Why me jor, t'was a teeny mistake grin

Na girl, i was agreeing with you on that statement especially the obligatory part, that's why i highlighted it.

Going into a relationship expecting your man to give mandatory allowance is just undecided
Worse is when it is not appreciated.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2009
[glow=purple,2,300]And the men posting, do u think ure better than the super rich men out there? How many girls are hitched up to celebrities just to that the celeb would pay for everything? If u got it flaunt it, if not, dont date the girl grin

I know this girl, who is very beautiful, only child, parents got money blah blah and is spoiled to the brim, not to mention her parents give her everything, but I dont think she has bought anything from her own money in her life, her bf gives her everything, including an allowance. i go to her closet, everything she pulls out is what he bought her. And they been in a relationship like this for 5 years and plan on getting married.

My point is, the guy obviously like to treat her like that, and she is happy with it. Though it isnt my cup of tea, I repeat, it itsnt my cup of tea, some people are fine with it.
[/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2009
charles316:

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY I SHLD PAY ANY GIRL ALLOWANCE FROM FROM MY HARD EARNED MONEY.

YJAY,I WILL ADVICE YOU TO KEEP ON DATING YAHOO YAHOO BOYS.AS FOR ME, I MAKE CLEAN MONEY AND SO SHLD NOT SPEND IT ON AN UNCLEAN GIRL.NO WONDER U SEE GIRLS SPENDING FOOLISHLY because SOME MAGAS HAVE PACKED A PERCENTAGE OF HIS SALARY TO HIS THEM.

@VJAY,GO AND GET MARRIED ,SO THAT UR HUSBAND CAN GIVE U PART OF HIS SALARY.OR IS UR DEMANDING NATURE DRIVING GUYS AWAY?
Even YY boys don't lavish money on girls unless she's a prostitute. Some of them -- so I hear -- are wiser now.
Theblessed:

Hi TheSeeker,

Don't worry, my sisters know what I am saying is the truth as they all would not want their brothers sucked dry by a woman at any cost because, she made him happy grin grin grin grin grin.  Its our duties as sisters to protect our brothers from harmful women and our brothers are there to look out for us and that's why having a sibling is very important.

And should any HOTTIE comes after me, be sure this FIRE will eat them alive and they won't have mouth to ask for another monthly ALLOWANCE ever again, when I myself work my butt off.

I'm your number one fan sweetie. Ride on!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
iice:

Na girl, i was agreeing with you on that statement especially the obligatory part, that's why i highlighted it.  

Going into a relationship expecting your man to give mandatory allowance is just undecided
Worse is when it is not appreciated.

Oh ok, my bad wink smiley

Gbam, imagine some of them will even be complaining that the money is too small, whilst they were not there to swim in the sweat and blood that went in to get that money, they now want to swim in the cash and even have the cheek to be moaning.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

No problem with a guy helping out his girl with the cash from time to time but when it becomes an obligation for him to do it in the eyes of the girl, that's when there's a big problem.

In terms of expecting your guy to hand money over, I think most girls would expect their guys to assist them financially at some point in the relationship but there are certain ways you approach it, for instance you don't bluntly ask him for the cash as if he owes it to you just because you're going out, you don't mope around or act moody if he does not give you money, he doesn't owe you anything but is kind enough to give you something out of the kindness of his heart and for that that should be one of the things you should appreciate in him.

Exactly, I agree wholeheartedly. But the thread title states: "Must a girlfriend demand an allowance".
I think the OP has surely ruled out all other possibilities and asked it in terms of obligation, no?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 5:33pm On Jul 21, 2009
Some are impressive. . .  others are just worrying. I guess at the end of the day, God help some girls if they end up with a brother who is broke grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Realvoice(m): 5:35pm On Jul 21, 2009
I used to give my then girlfriend monthly allowance only because I knew I was going to marry her.

Now she's my wife, I still give her monthly allowance.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
whitelexi:

Some are impressive. . .  others are just worrying. I guess at the end of the day, God help some girls if they end up with a brother who is broke grin grin grin
Trust me homie, they'd rather be prostitutes than get married to a broke bloke.Why do y'all think I love 50 Cent? He said in one of his songs ". . . So keep an eye on your money and trust no b*tch".
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Exactly, I agree wholeheartedly. But the thread title states: "Must a girlfriend demand an allowance".
I think the OP has surely ruled out all other possibilities and asked it in terms of obligation, no?

As in, is it a obligation for the girl to ask for an allowance from her guy? tongue

@topic
But then, money isn't everything biko  grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Trust me homie, they'd rather be prostitutes than get married to a broke bloke.Why do y'all think I love 50 Cent? He said in one of his songs ". . . So keep an eye on your money and trust no b*tch".

[glow=purple,2,300]Uhuh. . . grin[/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

@topic
But then, money isn't everything biko grin grin grin

[glow=purple,2,300]Ask Nigeria that then. . undecided[/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

As in, is it a obligation for the girl to ask for an allowance from her guy? tongue

@topic
But then, money isn't everything biko  grin grin grin

What are you even doing here sef? angry
Oya! Alele to literature and career sections! angry cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by charles316: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2009
why shld she demand for allowance?for what job?

iice ,ibkaye and spike cylinder, u girls need to change d orientation of ur fellow girls (vjay and platinuk)
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Why don't you just answer the question? It's a matter of being logical. When it comes to monetary issues, it's got to be logical. Romance is from the heart, money is always on your mind and your conscience controls it.

you know there s really no need to be insulting! was under the impression that this is a discussion forum & as such everyone to his opinion! u may not like wat i ve to say & vice versa but i am entitled to my own!

@charles316: i dont date yahoo boys!!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 5:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

There are two different types of broke dudes, the lazy ones and the hard-working determined ones showing signs of at least trying to break through their current state of poverty.

I'm sure most ladies wouldn't even smell the lazy one talkless of considering a relationship with him, I am one of them, as for the hard-working and determined one, heck yes, no problem.
The same goes for every woman. I'd NEVER settle for a lazy woman.

@EVERYONE
Does anyone have an idea why some rich parents wouldn't want their daughter to marry a bloke from a financially poor background?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

She Loves You But You Don't Feel Same Way, Yet You Keep Using Her? That's Risky / How To Propose To A Man / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.