Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,007 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27057 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Builder: 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2009
Allowance!! what about all the money i spent buying her credit for her fone and the sweet sensation i bought for her b4 we started dating, if anything she should pay be for toasting, roasting and frying her
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 11:19pm On Jul 20, 2009
shoboy9:

Giving is ok in a relationship.

A woman who can not take care of herself is at best immature and not fit to be called a woman.

It is a minus. If she DEMAND for money, she is at par with prostitutes.

Why will she not go for the guy that is more generous?

But freedom of choice is sacrosanct.
For the rest of 2009, you shall be immensely blessed from heaven. Just imagine!
na2day?:

oya sugabelle, report hia!  angry angry angry angry
She won't report! Picture this: Me and my girlfriend

"When are you paying my allowance for the month?" She asked gently, her head reclined on the knees
"Oh sweetie, I've not forgotten . . . just have been busy but will work it out this week" I respond my eyes gazing down at her. "One more thing honey, things have really been expensive, can you raise the money a little?" She presses on
"Do what? Increase your allowance? Sweetie, I ain't go no raise in my income yet. I'm sorry it won't work" I answer swiftly. "You're not being reasonable with me, can't you see for yourself? Do I have to wait until you have a raise?" She starts to bark quietly and slowly.
"Why are you raising your voice? Keep it calm and let's sort this out, OK?" I say trying to calm her.
"I'll bloody tell you how I feel I don't care how you see it"
"My friends are buying lots of Prada products these days"
"I can't afford to be left behind, not now, not ever" She spits.
"Jesus! Save me all these bullsh*t. Am I working to raise your allowance?" "I shouldn't be paying you anyway" I furiously remark. "You wanna play like that? Huh?" She tautly asks me "OK! Let's play" she commands.

The next thing, I find out she's sleeping with my "rich" friend. Isn't that wonderful? What a good world we are in --- we have to pay your girlfriends y'all.  
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
TheSeeker, I think I'm beginning to believe what sugabelle was saying about you. Only a childish chap will carry on the way you are doing, even as far as to compose an "imaginary" conversation between her and her bf, or you and your gf, I presume? Be a man, man. You should be above all this by now,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 11:34pm On Jul 20, 2009
YankeeZulu:

TheSeeker, I think I'm beginning to believe what sugabelle was saying about you. Only a childish chap will carry on the way you are doing, even as far as to compose an "imaginary" conversation between her and her bf, or you and your gf, I presume? Be a man, man. You should be above all this by now,
Hey, hold it right there and don't spite me. I'm catching my fun with the topic and I never mentioned her name, did I? I'm no longer referring to her. She's dropped like a bad habit, so why practicing your malevolence on me? Pleaseeeee! I no want wahala abeg angry
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 11:45pm On Jul 20, 2009
@the seeker- im surpised the conversation lasted that long.
grin grin

ROFLMAO!

@yankee - hes just having fun
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by bluespice(f): 11:52pm On Jul 20, 2009
dang! why did i miss all of these? tongue

must girlfriends demand an allowance?
i say an emphatic NO!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 11:53pm On Jul 20, 2009
Okay, okay, FunSeeker, don't be angry. You didn't mention her name in the sketch, but you did use it in your "sugar" equation. It's like she's cast her "sugaspell" on you. Please, keep on with your fun, and we'll all keep pretending like we don't know what you're really doing. wink grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 11:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
platinumnk:

@the seeker- im surpised the conversation lasted that long.
grin grin

ROFLMAO!

@yankee - hes just having fun
Do you want me to go on? It's sweet, action packed and full of suspense. Let's turn here to a small novelty group.  grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 12:07am On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Do you want me to go on? It's sweet, action packed and full of suspense. Let's turn here to a small novelty group. grin grin

[glow=pink,2,300]You can go on here, or u can defintely input ur own story here grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=295016.msg4220292#msg4220292
[/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 12:38am On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

"When are you paying my allowance for the month?" She asked gently, her head reclined on the knees
"Oh sweetie, I've not forgotten . . . just have been busy but will work it out this week" I respond my eyes gazing down at her. "One more thing honey, things have really been expensive, can you raise the money a little?" She presses on
"Do what? Increase your allowance? Sweetie, I ain't go no raise in my income yet. I'm sorry it won't work" I answer swiftly. "You're not being reasonable with me, can't you see for yourself? Do I have to wait until you have a raise?" She starts to bark quietly and slowly.
"Why are you raising your voice? Keep it calm and let's sort this out, OK?" I say trying to calm her.
"I'll bloody tell you how I feel I don't care how you see it"
"My friends are buying lots of Prada products these days"
"I can't afford to be left behind, not now, not ever" She spits.
"Jesus! Save me all these bullsh*t. Am I working to raise your allowance?" "I shouldn't be paying you anyway" I furiously remark. "You wanna play like that? Huh?" She tautly asks me "OK! Let's play" she commands.

The next thing, I find out she's sleeping with my "rich" friend. Isn't that wonderful? What a good world we are in --- we have to pay your girlfriends y'all.  

hmmmm, u might have a point there undecided undecided undecided

bluespice:

i say an emphatic NO!

thats why loff u no bi small kiss kiss kiss
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by chi21: 12:54am On Jul 21, 2009
@ sugarbelle you nailed it. To hell with whatever anyone thinks
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by francisnau(m): 1:30am On Jul 21, 2009
NO WAY! its me you love not my money.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Lita(f): 1:36am On Jul 21, 2009
I haven't read the responses, so excuse me if I am repeating what has already been said.  I couldn't not say anything.

An allowance, to me, sounds like a wage.

A girlfriend you are paying for sounds like no more than a prostitute (if you want to a prostitute, that's fine by me, just call it what it is).  Perhaps somebody can enlighten me of any differences.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 1:37am On Jul 21, 2009
May be you should read the responses. undecided
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 1:42am On Jul 21, 2009
NEnglish peoplen nsay nrove(love) me nrove my ndog(dog) notn(not) nrove me nrove my moneyn. == English people say love me love my dog; ot love my love my money. Isn't how calabar and akwa ibom people speak english? They are naija's chinkoz
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Theblessed(f): 2:00am On Jul 21, 2009
[b]But, what's our problem if the guy is prepared to pay the allowance. To me, allowance or no allowance why don't she earn her own money?  Is she crippled? This dependency mentality some women have makes me sick.  What happened to a sense of independence - taking charge of your own life?  Don't you know that when you are always given some thing, the giver can have CONTROL over you and dictate your life meaning your are his/her little SLAVE, huh  If I was a man, I'd not even bother - there are many fishes in the ocean to pick from. However, depending on the lady's emotional need for attachment, she should consider herself then lucky to even have a man and then have him run away due to her unnecessary demands.  It wouldn't matter if she has no such needs and has a career as not all of us are meant to be married afterall and, this is nothing new - the biblical times would vouch for this as not all the women in the bible were  married either so, nothing to be ashamed of if one hadn't because, as it was in the beginning, its now and ever shall be, world without end - Amen! [/b]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 2:09am On Jul 21, 2009
Lita:

I haven't read the responses, so excuse me if I am repeating what has already been said.  I couldn't not say anything.

A girlfriend you are paying for sounds like no more than a prostitute (if you want to a prostitute, that's fine by me, just call it what it is).  Perhaps somebody can enlighten me of any differences.

hi 5! grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 2:17am On Jul 21, 2009
na2day?:

hi 5! grin grin grin
Plus Hi 5. 10 points!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Lita(f): 2:44am On Jul 21, 2009
right back at you wink
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by shoboy9: 3:02am On Jul 21, 2009
@ Thoniaslim,

@ YankeeZulu,

NL is a public forum. What sugabelle has posted cannot be ignored. How many kids will read it and make choices based on it? If she wanted peace, she could easily retract her position.

I say this only because we have a lot of issues as a nation that should have been checked much earlier and have now become a plague today.

What kind of woman raises up a child that becomes an armed robber or a problem to society? Or for that matter, what kind of father? Our values as a nation desperately need to be redefined. Or else we are all only fit for the trash bin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by shesi(m): 3:06am On Jul 21, 2009
to each his own i guess.

but as for me, i get irritated at even the slightest hint that a girl expects me to give her any money or anything like that. money for hair? to maintain her look? how much is she paying me to look good?

what is she doing for me that i'm not doing for her to warrant my being expected to take care of her. what really? i can't think of anything.  now ofcourse is she needs money in an emergency, i'll be more than willing to help, but i'd do that for my friends too.

i get soo irritated when i see those stupid girls lazying about following football stars happy to be referred to as 'wags' like it's a profession. WTF?  how did that become fashionable in the UK? you dont see that rubbish so much here in the US.

lol, obviously this is a topic that hits close to home. lol,  i once dated a nigerian girl who would tell me how much she regrets dating a ghana boy cus i'm too stingy and that  a nigerian guy would be buying her gifts every week. i get angry just remembering her name. lol,  incidentally i found out about nairaland when she made it my homepage, lol,  and i'm sure she's still here, i think i've already spotted a post that sounds like something she would say lol
'
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by cvibe: 3:29am On Jul 21, 2009
Allowance for what?

Are you her father?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by milkan05(m): 7:40am On Jul 21, 2009
if i want a LovePeddler i wud go for for one. angry y wud i pay her to b my gf? itz called relationship not employment. angry. of course dat does not mean if she needs somfin urgently and i can afford it, i go now bone am. i go give am if i get period. not based on allaweee cool
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 8:06am On Jul 21, 2009
milkan05:

if i want a LovePeddler i wud go for for one. angry y wud i pay her to b my gf? itz called relationship not employment. angry. of course dat does not mean if she needs somfin urgently and i can afford it, i go now bone am. i go give am if i get period. not based on allaweee cool

hi 5 broda
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whassup: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2009
nawa it sounds as if u dont even like the gal in the first place how can u bring ur relationship matter to a forum meaning u must be stingy urself.even celebrities home and abroad with all thier riches quit a man because he is not dropping how mmuch more ur gal.just say u re not the giving type maybe u love free things too.or y go into a relationship when u know u dont want to offer anytin.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by cutiedmc: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2009
One thing i tell guys is that,since guys know that their girlfriend dont ask for money,goodies etc,dont they have the common sense to know that she simply wants to be a humble girl and not look like the demanding type,therefore,thay should be so happy and comnpensate her,by giving her those things,she'll like(good surprises)like,shopping,tours,vacation n the rest,who no like better thing.I can equally do that for a guy too.So ladies,relationship is not all about getting frm him,if u hav,give him a treat too.Holla
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nezan(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2009
grin grin grin girls sef,,,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 9:36am On Jul 21, 2009
YankeeZulu,

Nobody is bullying anyone. I wish you can cut the bias and see how sugabelle has been insultive and abusing others. Doesn't feel quite nice when someone are ganged up on, does it?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by UNLEASHED(m): 9:39am On Jul 21, 2009
Allowance ko, salary ni  angry
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by GEW: 9:46am On Jul 21, 2009
Lita:

Theblessed:

[b]But, what's our problem if the guy is prepared to pay the allowance. To me, allowance or no allowance why don't she earn her own money?  Is she crippled? This dependency mentality some women have makes me sick.  What happened to a sense of independence - taking charge of your own life?  Don't you know that when you are always given some thing, the giver can have CONTROL over you and dictate your life meaning your are his/her little SLAVE, huh  If I was a man, I'd not even bother - there are many fishes in the ocean to pick from. However, depending on the lady's emotional need for attachment, she should consider herself then lucky to even have a man and then have him run away due to her unnecessary demands.  It wouldn't matter if she has no such needs and has a career as not all of us are meant to be married afterall and, this is nothing new - the biblical times would vouch for this as not all the women in the bible were  married either so, nothing to be ashamed of if one hadn't because, as it was in the beginning, its now and ever shall be, world without end - Amen! [/b]
bluespice:

i say an emphatic NO!
thanks guys for speaking up for the silent minority.  sadly you guys are a minority.
sugabelle represents the typical hooker in all but name lifestyle and mindset that most nigerian women have.  it is a shame.  
UNLEASHED:

Allowance ko, salary ni  angry
it is always good to pay for services rendered.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sweetpie23: 9:50am On Jul 21, 2009
Allowance? what the hell undecided undecided what is the guarantee that lady may end up with you? no not right
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by UNLEASHED(m): 10:02am On Jul 21, 2009
GEW:

thanks guys for speaking up for the silent minority. sadly you guys are a minority.
sugabelle represents the typical hooker in all but name lifestyle and mindset that most nigerian women have. it is a shame. it is always good to pay for services rendered.

What kinda service(s) does my girlfriend, who I'm probably supposed to have a future with renders??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How To Propose To A Man / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Get Married / My Girlfriend Wants Part Of My Allowee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.