Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,835 members, 7,831,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27125 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

The same goes for every woman. I'd NEVER settle for a lazy woman.

And I wouldn't expect you to, there you have it.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

you know there s really no need to be insulting! was under the impression that this is a discussion forum & as such everyone to his opinion! u may not like wat i ve to say & vice versa but i am entitled to my own!
Sorry sweetie, I didn't say that to insult. It's a slang here used by guys which simply states a guy's got to put his mind into making and spending money. If I say money on my mind, I got its making networked all over my brain. If I say it's on my conscience, it means I'm mindful of how and what to spend it on. Sorry again if it cut across as an insult but that wasn't the intention
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

The same goes for every woman. I'd NEVER settle for a lazy woman.

@EVERYONE
Does anyone have an idea why some rich parents wouldn't want their daughter to marry a bloke from a financially poor background?

Now there's a question that provokes thinking grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 21, 2009
whitelexi:

Now there's a question that provokes thinking grin grin grin
Damn straight, has so many answers to it, the idea of 'class' plays a major part in it though I can tell you that.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2009
I think it depends on the rich wanting more class for their kids. They have spent their whole life raising the kid not to suffer from anything, especially when it comes to finances. They'd always want someone with the same experience. Some are still more comfortable with their son marrying from a poor family, but when it comes to a daughter, it's a NO NO
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 21, 2009
As much as I don't agree with the parents doing such, sometimes we just need to look at things from other people's point of views, sometimes ya now.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 6:16pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Sorry sweetie, I didn't say that to insult. It's a slang here used by guys which simply states a guy's got to put his mind into making and spending money. If I say money on my mind, I got its making networked all over my brain. If I say it's on my conscience, it means I'm mindful of how and what to spend it on. Sorry again if it cut across as an insult but that wasn't the intention

apology accepted!!!!! wink
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2009
I think the parents might be right from experience. 70% of poor guys married to a girl from a rich home always have an clandestine motive. You know -- when girls are spoilt -- by their daddies it's always difficult for a poor guy to come up to that standard, he either will see her as being too childish or being totally unreasonable which I can't blame either for because they are from different worlds.

Some are wicked that they maltreat a daddy's pet because they think she's being stupid. Such girls will suffer hell in their hands especially when her dad dies. I've seen a lot of those cases.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 6:26pm On Jul 21, 2009
In the end, its all down to the individual. I mean, this is NL, some will come here and say one thing and act the direct opposite in real life.

My point is, if you feel your boyfriend should give you an allowance then good luck with getting it out of him and earning his respect.
If on the other hand, you're the type that can tell the richest men to Bleep off (gosh! love the shock on faces when that happens grin grin grin), then good for you as well. wink
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

If on the other hand, you're the type that can tell the richest men to Bleep off (gosh! love the shock on faces when that happens grin grin grin), then good for you as well. wink

Thought I was the only one, 'priceless' grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by answera(m): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2009
guy, is either you are a jew man or you no get yannings, that's why you should you money to pay for your fuckup grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
ibkaye:

Thought I was the only one, 'priceless' grin

[glow=purple,2,300]me too grin

then they get mad and call u snotty tongue[/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2009
shesi:

to each his own i guess.

but as for me, i get irritated at even the slightest hint that a girl expects me to give her any money or anything like that. money for hair? to maintain her look? how much is she paying me to look good?

what is she doing for me that i'm not doing for her to warrant my being expected to take care of her. what really? i can't think of anything.  now ofcourse is she needs money in an emergency, i'll be more than willing to help, but i'd do that for my friends too.

i get soo irritated when i see those stupid girls lazying about following football stars happy to be referred to as 'wags' like it's a profession. WTF?  how did that become fashionable in the UK? you dont see that rubbish so much here in the US.

lol, obviously this is a topic that hits close to home. lol,  i once dated a nigerian girl who would tell me how much she regrets dating a ghana boy cus i'm too stingy and that  a nigerian guy would be buying her gifts every week. i get angry just remembering her name. lol,  incidentally i found out about nairaland when she made it my homepage, lol,  and i'm sure she's still here,  i think i've already spotted a post that sounds like something she would say lol
'

bitch, plz.

gay.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 7:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
i get soo irritated when i see those stupid girls lazying about following football stars happy to be referred to as 'wags' like it's a profession. WTF?  how did that become fashionable in the UK? you dont see that rubbish so much here in the US.

its called pimping, and its happens everywhere, knew a man who paid 5000 just to have dinner with a friend. I see no one complaining when rich men spread money lavishly on women.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 7:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
@Tpia Are you the girl he mentioned in the last paragraph of his comment?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

@Tpia Are you the girl he mentioned in the last paragraph of his comment?

the ape has an attitude, thats all.

he thinks he's something when in fact he's trash.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
Wow! You seem like you know him a lot more than on NL
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2009
platinumnk:

its called pimping, and its happens everywhere, knew a man who paid 5000 just to have dinner with a friend. I see no one complaining when rich men spread money lavishly on women.
Like Warren Buffet? Roman Abramovich(owner of Chelsea Football Club)?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Wow! You seem like you know him a lot more than on NL

he knows himself.

I dont care to know pathological losers.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2009
tpia.:

he knows himself.

I dont care to know pathological losers.
Aha! Aha! Please take it easy on him
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by YankeeZulu: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ spikedcylinder, I can see that this is just the kind of place where you will thrive wink. Where there is contention and you think you have the upper hand, then it's exactly your cup of tea. I understand you are a "know it all" and are privy to all the koko on NL, congrats wink. Enjoy your power, keep invading, but please, stop forcing my name into the topic at all costs, abi na me form the thread?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
tpia.:

the ape has an attitude, thats all.

he thinks he's something when in fact he's trash.

Do you know him and the girl in question?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Hauwa1: 7:57pm On Jul 21, 2009
shesi,

from ur post, i can say a girl does not have to ask u for money to make hair before u give if you have it.

undecided holly molly!! how broke can u guys be  grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2009
*Hauwa*:

shesi,

from ur post, i can say a girl does not have to ask u for money to make hair before u give if you have it.

undecided holly molly!! how broke can u guys be grin

How did she get the money before she met him? This is an encouraged prostitution. undecided
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Hauwa1: 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2009
girls should be able to take care of themselves thru parents anyway.

what i wrote there was just a tease.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 21, 2009
*Hauwa*:

girls should be able to take care of themselves thru parents anyway.

what i wrote there was just a tease.

sorry dear! kiss
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 8:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
I thought you said you were not coming back, Lotanna?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Hauwa1: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
kiss

make i go read ur post and remove pix topic  grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2009
@poster, I bid you to forget about g/fs for now. 'Now' is the time you have to work on your life, the world needs your intelligence and productivity ! Find better things and researsh on them. You don't expect me to marry you a wife and still buy you a mat. Remenber this is how A. Carnegie tosses it to Napoleon Hill.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 8:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
michelin89:

Do you know him and the girl in question?
Sounds to me more like she's the girl.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Kelvinj(m): 8:48pm On Jul 21, 2009
Wow! Is Dis topic stil alive? Alrite kini big deal allowance or salary which is winning
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by waleski(m): 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2009
a relationship is based on give and take.most people in this thread believe that the girl starts asking for allowance immiediately after the relantoinship starts.the girl should not be eager to start asking about the financial position of the guy.it is better if they sit together and bring wat they want out of the relantionship on the table.if the girl lies the guy she should be patient with the guy it doesnt make sense for the girl to lick the man dry all in the name of i am going out with u. she wuld prove that she came 4rm a poor home and wuld like 2 take all tthe opprtunity.as for the guy,if he trusts the girl eough that she wuld not cheat then who else wuld he spend the money on if not his gf.it all has to do with trust patience and not being greedy in a relantionship grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

Do Ladies Prefer Cute Or Hot Guys (With Pictures) / Escaping The Friend Zone. / Would Relationships Survive If "Sex" Was Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.