Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27052 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2009
d-ROC:

I have asked a few girls out in my time and I've gotten responses like:

How much do you earn?
Can you afford me?
How much you wan give me sef, Abeg your money no reach?
I need a monthly allowance of XXXX before I can say yes.
I have needs.
I'm the first daughter so I need a man that can give me enough to support my family.
My ex-boyfriend was this and that so I cant settle for less sorry.
Excuse me, I don't see any diamonds with you so I'm sorry.

I've seen a lot of bullshit in my time while trying to be the nice guy and I'm not trying to be a player or a bad guy. I've kinda lost my faith in all women, maybe only the right one can restore my faith, hope I find her soon.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Kelvinj(m): 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2009
Y would a girl ask 4 allowance? Men dis is realy shit like bulls, wat kind of girl would b askn he bf hw much he earns wen dia nt married? Am nt against giving cos i do dat but wen called allowance means dat i must hv 2 do it which is like force. Guyz i blive we all no dat giving a girl cash 4 watsoeva she wants 2 do wit it is a PRIVILEAGE NOT A RIGHT.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2009
iice:

@Topic, some men don't mind giving or that their gfs ask for allowance. At the same time some men are the cause of this situation.

Personally, never have, never will.

I see ur point, some men show off their money just to catch the girls's attention, promise her heaven and earth, it gives some girls all false hopes, sometimes u should share the blame
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Fiona0007: 5:02pm On Jul 19, 2009
I am completely lost with this topic.
How come someone expects allowance to hang out with another person. See how demanding they will be after marriage.
A man may shower the girl with some gifts if he feels like it, but I just don't get it- when people talk about allowances.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by henryhemon(m): 5:28pm On Jul 19, 2009
you mean you work ur socks off to pay some other person in the name of relationship?i have responsibilities to cater for the poor not someone that can equally work n make money or better still sleep around and make the dough,i will treat my woman special not paying her an allowance and thast you pay her allowance won't make her keep her legs close.don't be deceive.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by iice(f): 5:37pm On Jul 19, 2009
justwise:

I see ur point, some men show off their money just to catch the girls's attention, promise her heaven and earth, it gives some girls all false hopes, sometimes u should share the blame

Yes. . .

But i don't get why a man has to pay for her hair and all that? Is it not her head? Her hair?, isn't it her responsibility? undecided
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by babygurl19(f): 6:03pm On Jul 19, 2009
@ icee,pls don say that, most young girls in nigeria are still schooling, they wont be able to work or earn any money so i think if they are dating a guy who is okay financially, he should give her money to change her hair style tp look beautiful and it will also hype his rep if the babe looks all dope

@ sugabelle, i really do feel your swags

.@ poster this is my opinion, if u are dating a lady and she not financially sound, u should upgrade her and nnot to your own detriment ofcourse, u give what you can spare and definitely only when u want to or you feel like she needs the money,all this financial and other gifts from both parties make the relationship glow.
but i wont support if its like a requirement being stated by the grl.that will be crappy.i hope u dig

@ some other pple like the seeker and co., some girls are actually buzz kill, you may do all for them and they pay u back with evil and also every girl wants to be spoilt once in a while whether she is OK or not. even tho they wont say it so they don appear like a gold digger but deep deep inside evry girl, they want attention and gifts and money from their bloke. take it or leave it
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by iice(f): 6:07pm On Jul 19, 2009
Still doesn't wash with me. In school and her ambition is to look for a guy that will pay for her hairstyle. What was she carrying on her head before meeting him?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Shentz(f): 6:54pm On Jul 19, 2009
Tell her to piss off or get a job! Females like such give independent, hardworking women a bad name. Stupidity!

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Sweetdoct247(m): 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2009
Giving should naturally be part of any relationship. As a guy I naturally know I should give to my girl. But for a girl to start demanding for an allowance, then I guess that's gonna av to be the end of the road for us. Howeve we must note that if a girl finds herself in some kind of financial crisis it's only natural to seek assistance from her bf just like she would have done he she found herself in any other kind of crisis and aint nothing wrong with that, mind u it could be the other way round I mean the guy needing assistance. Personally I belief a girl only has the right to ask me for money to make her hair cream and all that when she's my wife unless she just cant cant get it from elsewhere.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by itosco2003(f): 10:00pm On Jul 19, 2009
I dont think its proper for a lady asking for allowance except she is a full housewive
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Bossbitch(f): 3:44am On Jul 20, 2009
I think d guy should give her money because he wants 2 & not because his girl is a tax collector. Don't be tight with d money sha.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by dROC1: 7:56am On Jul 20, 2009
Na wah O. grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by biola44: 8:50am On Jul 20, 2009
love for sale
no free love lunch
i cant separate money from women, i know dat in any r/s either love or lust money is important
but i cant foot all d bills, 70 - 30 aint a bad idea grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2009
whitelexi:

I used to do that, then i heard news about where my money was really going. . .  So i had to revisit the issue and now, the only person who has a monthly allowance from me is my mum. Not like it achieves much for her, no, but the mere fact that she will appreciate it and pray for more blessings for u - that alone is a good incentive.

@Topic: Thats a no-no!

@TheSeeker - 110% correct!
whitelexi, I swear to God, I have been waiting to hear your comment on this. If I had any way of contacting you, I'd have let you know about this since yesterday.
sugabelle:

hmm'n, he wasn't a "baller" when we started dating; we were students in uni, and I stuck with him because what he lacked in giving cash, he made up for in being supportive and loving. And now that he's rolling in dough, who else is he going to blow it on but me, huh? tongue. LovePeddler-talk or not, guys are demanding in their own rights, and if the babe is relunctant bc she feels he is too stingy to deserve her most prized possession, na crime? And for the record, I'm quite comfortable in my own right, but it feels extra nice when your man chooses to be generous and not act like he thinks you're a prostitute because you expect him to spend a little.
sugabelle:

mr seeker, i don't know wat u're seeking, but if you want to start something this early Sunday morning, I pity you. You've already shown that you're a broke-ass loser who can't get a decent babe. What ever, save ur name-calling for someone who could be bothered. Monkey.
sugabelle:

hmm'n, let me see: calling someone a gold digger, mumu, maga, and mumu(in that order) is not name-calling in ur own dictionary? You must be dumber than I thought. Please don't take out your frustrations on me ok, and leave this thread for objective and matured posters who can give their personal opinions without getting personal.
You will be the first one, particularly the first female to feel my venom on NL. Your comments and opinions on this thread on this thread so far reek of money mongering and sheer gluttony of someone else's money(This might not be your case as you seem to have 'cleared' the air about your case). You said I'd date someone and give her money, why? Because I'm her father? She's an orphan? If I'm her father, yes, I will; if she's an orphan, I will be more than a father to her. If she has parents, why on earth should I be giving her allowance? If all men do that do you have an idea how many relationships each girl will be in? You said I'm a loser, well, I ain't. California is one of the expensive states to live here and I'm doing so greatly but tell you what, I hustled so so hard to make money to expend and splash it on a gold digger, a nomenclature you fit in judging from your first 3 comments. My girlfriend can't sleep behind my back, you know why? I'll explain to you.

When I want to date a girl, I want someone with prospects, someone who knows what she wants to do with herself, someone who has goals and can act and take care of herself independently, someone who in my absence for whatever reason, will stand her feet and has strong opinions. Someone if at all we get married, can handle my business if I fall ill and whatever. . . . . I'll press on. I'm still in school, when I date, I date girls who don't depend on men for a living, hair or whatever. I don't date lazy girls "gold diggers" who knows nothing than their cosmetological advancements and go boundlessly around treachery when they can't get what they want from their "men" who they had thought would be "mumu". So if I date such girls, why will someone sleep with her at my back for what, money? Girls that have relationships with other men for money's sake are no less than an average prostitute, that's why they are called "Bitch"(Gifts is good every now and then and can be expensive too if I wish).

And to tell you something else, when my girl sleeps around, which is highly improbable, I will definitely know. I think I have what a woman wants, from patience, to prospects, to intelligence, to paper, to policies and ardent actions when necessary. So you see, I'm not taking out any frustration on you, you're the one who's disillusioned because you're yet to experience what a real relationship is all about. Forget about the "air" you thought you "cleared" that don't sway me cuz I definitely know you are outta that class -- you're still a gold digger. OK, let me start from your claims, let's assume you've been with your boyfriend since Uni, and he wasn't a baller then, why else would you ask him for monthly allowance if you weren't a gold digger? Should that have been necessary for a relationship you claim to have been existing in a long time? No, I don't think so. Even in marriages, why can't men pay their women? Why do women have to work? Why do women these days support their husbands in paying bills? Because they are respectable women, women of zeal and valor. Do you sound like that to me? No. Why? Because you get salary from your supposed boyfriend and you think you'll sleep behind his back if he doesn't perform his, what do I call it now, marital? Oh no, what? Ok, boyfriend-girlfriend duty.  grin grin grin grin.

No man will ever want to, as you've seen everyone say, do that; so why isn't he a mumu? What do you think his mom will say if she hears he's paying you monthly when you ain't married yet? She's a woman too, you know? And don't tell me she'll okay it because I've seen no mother who would let her son do that even if she knows the assurance of getting married is at its peak.  I was going to insult you but I won't because I'm too big for that and I won't stoop so low to argue with you, you think I'm arguing with you? No, I'm simply telling you where you stand with other women of class. That will do for now.

3 Likes

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Ben13: 9:05am On Jul 20, 2009
Allowance is good.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by na2day2(m): 10:03am On Jul 20, 2009
@ post

nope! i ain't giving no girl allowance, learnt the hard way, never again i say! angry angry angry
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by candyshore: 10:19am On Jul 20, 2009
allowance its not bad but it shouldnt be compulsory becos its not a job. and chics dont demand for too much becos demandg 4 one its like u re sellin themselves. if u re given fine u collect but if not dont demand 4 too much.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 11:18am On Jul 20, 2009
@TheSeeker I saw that post, i just didnt reply cos i knew it was not gonna be good grin grin grin

I get easily irritated by such comments from lazy ass girls who cant be bothered to pick themselves up and get busy. So you've been with him for ages - so what? He still doesn't owe u nothing, if u wanna talk of sex - its a 2-way thing he gave u, u gave him, so whats the beef? If u didnt give him, he woulda got it from elsewhere, so why r u expecting an allowance? what does that make u? what does it say of u? A guy can give when and how he deems fit, u cannot sit there and honestly tell me u expect a monthly allowance cos u've been with him for yrs. . . Thats ridiculous.

I had a gf who was just like this yrs ago, and the mere thought of her makes me cringe - she was the most materialistic person ever and i really wonder how i put up with her demanding nature for 8yrs! Damn.
Naija Girls should learn to get what they need by themselves, when u get gifts from a guy: 1) u understand and appreciate that gift more cos u know what it takes to make money yourself, and 2) u actually come across to guys as someone who can take care of herself and with that comes a greater respect threshold.

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Bolarge(m): 11:28am On Jul 20, 2009
whitelexi:

Naija Girls should learn to get what they need by themselves, when u get gifts from a guy: 1) u understand and appreciate that gift more cos u know what it takes to make money yourself, and 2) u actually come across to guys as someone who can take care of herself and with that comes a greater respect threshold.
I couldn't have said it better. cool
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 11:36am On Jul 20, 2009
whitelexi:

@TheSeeker I saw that post, i just didnt reply cos i knew it was not gonna be good grin grin grin

I get easily irritated by such comments from lazy ass girls who cant be bothered to pick themselves up and get busy. So you've been with him for ages - so what? He still doesn't owe u nothing, if u wanna talk of sex - its a 2-way thing he gave u, u gave him, so whats the beef? If u didnt give him, he woulda got it from elsewhere, so why r u expecting an allowance? what does that make u? what does it say of u? A guy can give when and how he deems fit, u cannot sit there and honestly tell me u expect a monthly allowance cos u've been with him for yrs. . . Thats ridiculous.

I had a gf who was just like this yrs ago, and the mere thought of her makes me cringe - she was the most materialistic person ever and i really wonder how i put up with her demanding nature for 8yrs! Damn.
I know the feeling bro: Makes you feel like a fool. BTW, wasn't that the girl you said would frown when you want to send money to your mom? I respect girls who can hold their own ace and want to win; I come to support their honest quest any time of the day. I had a girl at a time, who would never accept expensive gifts from me. I had to beg her for almost 3 months before she accepted a $900.00 watch from me that I bought her. Though we ain't no more but she's one of the girls that I respect too much. She's just a classic..

1 Like

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Nezan(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2009
It is not rite, most especially if the relationship is supposed to lead to marriage.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by mrperfect(m): 12:44pm On Jul 20, 2009
Well, it depends on how the relationship start or what we or I want on the relationship. Is it Sex or relationship that lead to something positive like marriage? if is formal then, allowance is needed as you guys are just Sex partner, while latter for the sake of our future is unacceptable.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by DisGuy: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2009
na wa o

wife demand allowance

girlfirend demand allowance

nysc people sef dey get allowance

guy man nothing like independent ladies o na so so story or just move to obodo oyinbo where its atleast under control
right from birth till they get married many naija girls will always depend on somebody for their fix! keeping up with the jones when they
cant even find a job themselves! funny thing is they are the ones that know all the latest  grin

nothing wrong with giving but when the other person is always expecting lie salary you employed her gets irritating!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by frijos(m): 12:56pm On Jul 20, 2009
The dream said "if she poor and u love her u shud tip her u shud tip her"!

There's nothing wrong in tipping your woman from time to time even if she;s making her own money. It's your responsiblity to take care of her needs.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sugabelle: 1:13pm On Jul 20, 2009
TheSeeker, is it for me you wrote that many many project? So you still haven't grown up. Because someone actually agreed with you 110%, we no go hear word. Rubbish and nonsense. Don't worry your head if my own is salary or not. I no get time to read you pointless post but one thing's for sure: you're not mature enough to be posting on the Romance section on the NL forum. First girl to feel your venom indeed. Is that the best you've got? ((((yawwwwwwnnnnn))))
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by uoe80(f): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2009
ITS A GOOD THING THIS THREAD POPS UP JUST WHEN I'M GOING THOUGH THIS PHASE.A GUY CLAIMS TO WANT YOU FOR A SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP INFACT MARRIAGE AND HAS NEVER EVEN TAKEN YOU OUT FOR A DATE OR BOUGHT YOU LUNCH THAT COST MORE THAN 5 POUNDS.CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG OH,if i was a guy and i wanted to marry someone,i would do my very best to win her love and consent and i think taking her out and a bit of gifts will go a long way to prove my love and capabilities.PS i have never made any demands of him.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 1:28pm On Jul 20, 2009
On one hand, the OP doesn't want to date "poor" girls. On the other hand, he's asking about giving his girlfriend allowance.

You're confused, dude.

@ Question, no, girlfriends mustn't demand an allowance.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 1:31pm On Jul 20, 2009
sugabelle:

TheSeeker, is it for me you wrote that many many project? So you still haven't grown up. Because someone actually agreed with you 110%, we no go hear word. Rubbish and nonsense. Don't worry your head if my own is salary or not. I no get time to read you pointless post but one thing's for sure: you're not mature enough to be posting on the Romance section on the NL forum. First girl to feel your venom indeed. Is that the best you've got? ((((yawwwwwwnnnnn))))

@TheSeeker: I'm sensing some really deep emotional connection here. . . You should get in there mate grin grin grin

And dont forget to give her some salary grin grin grin tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by biola44: 1:34pm On Jul 20, 2009
spikedcylinder:

On one hand, the OP doesn't want to date "poor" girls. On the other hand, he's asking about giving his girlfriend allowance.

You're confused, dude.

@ Question, no, girlfriends mustn't demand an allowance.
but u havent answered d question. cheesy

whitelexi:

@TheSeeker: I'm sensing some really deep emotional connection here. . . You should get in there mate grin grin grin

And dont forget to give her some salary grin grin grin tongue
lol cheesy
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by FBS: 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2009
Allowance for what?
No they must not demand for nada.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Kelvinj(m): 1:41pm On Jul 20, 2009
Let me nt call names, bt i realy dnt no hw ppl who open their mouth & say itz cool 4 a girl 2 demand allowance. Wat makes it cool? If i may ask
@theseeker & whitelexi
jst like ur opinons
@sugabelle
why dnt u quit all ur rantings coz frm ur post am already gettin a pix of ur kinda of girl, 4 better 4 best cos wen d goin is tough a true gf stayz & d b***hy 1 bounces. Jst imagining wat ur guy looks like!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

She Loves You But You Don't Feel Same Way, Yet You Keep Using Her? That's Risky / How To Propose To A Man / Nigerian Couple Who Met On Twitter Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.