Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? (27061 Views)

Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / Is It Okay For Girlfriends To Demand For An Allowance? / Why Do Guys Have To "DEMAND" For Sex?!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

Nigerian women especially are nothing to write home about; but not all of them. There are still some of them who still have good home training in their brains while some have adopted an "INI EDO" & "GENEVIVIE NNAJI" kind of lifestyle -- living at the expense of men's wealth. Most of them haven't gone out there to see what it is like for women to be on there own. That's why they always have to endure whatever their boyfriends do because they are in there for the money.

Wow. I've agreed with you so far but what you shouldn't be doing is generalising.
I'm not sure if thats what you mean but how can you conclude that Ini Edo or Genevieve don't work hard for their money and wait for men to pay their bills? Is acting no longer an occupation?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 2:18pm On Jul 21, 2009
i really dont understand what the fuss is about!!!!!! i dont think there's anything wrong if a girl asks for allowance from her man!!!!!! i mean comm'n!!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Wow. I've agreed with you so far but what you shouldn't be doing is generalising.
I'm not sure if thats what you mean but how can you conclude that Ini Edo or Genevieve don't work hard for their money and wait for men to pay their bills? Is acting no longer an occupation?

No, I didn't generalize. If you look back into the comment I said ". . . but not all of them". Sorry I was wrong because I didn't indicate in the previous comment that I meant their lives in the movies. Acting is an occupation as prostitution too . . . it's all a matter of choice. All I know is a woman gotta hustle for her own money. If she has her own money and decides he wants a rich guy for a boyfriend, she well deserves it; because then we won't call it gold digging, we will call it "you dey find your level". So the Ini & Gen's comment was about their lives in most of their movie flicks, not their real life. I don't know them anyways.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 2:33pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

i really dont understand what the fuss is about!!!!!! i dont think there's anything wrong if a girl asks for allowance from her man!!!!!! i mean comm'n!!!!!

Allowance for? being his gf? She can make more money in red light
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
no! not for being his girlfriend! but for taking care of her needs!!!!!! wats wrong with that?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 2:51pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

no! not for being his girlfriend! but for taking care of her needs!!!!!! wats wrong with that?

Her dady and mum can do that, who takes care of those 'needs' b4 she met him?

My point is, that shouldn't be argued at all, no demand, she is not his wife or daughter.

Yes the bf should help without being reminded but it shouldn't be an issue.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Theblessed(f): 2:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
[b] You see, this goes to confirm the question I posed sometime ago no one seems to air their views on probably, scared of what the responses might throw up.  The question was whether Nigerian women are as promiscuos as their men?  I don't need an answer now to that, thanks to SUGABELLE for clarifying things and gave us INSIGHT into how women in relationships can operate and manipulate their ways, into getting their needs sorted.  Thus, this only confirms that our women are as promiscuous if not more, than our men.  If they can sleep their way into fulfilling their needs whilst in relationships, why pretend not to be promiscuous?  By nature, we women have always been pretentious - the late FELLA RANSON KUTI said so in his music (Afrika woman go sey i be baby oo!lol).  So, guys you've all heard it now and there's no guarantee either that both rich/poor girls can not cheat in relationships if they wish to because, they would.  So, don't raise your hopes for any of the categories of girls mentioned - poor girls will always sneek at your back and do it anyway, and that's very dangerous this day in age.
On the other hand, a rich girl might sound a better option but that's not the case because, people with money as we all know, have POWER, power to do as they please, guys can you cope  Beware!! In my view, men should look for genuine Christain women, humble and truely God fearing in their ways - not the designer dress, fake hair, red lips and long finger nails type to which CLUB, I am a member too.lol!!! But hey, before you throw your insults and condemn me, having had a look at my picture on here let me say this, there is nothing wrong in having designer dress, red lips, long finger nails and fake hair if you pay for them yourself - nothing wrong, ok!  'YES I do have red lips, 'YES' I also do have fake hair, long finger nails I do not have and I don't wish to above all, this INDEPENDENT WOMAN WITH A CAREER paid for them all and that's the difference thus, there's no sneeking behind my man here, trying to have something I can not afford, Nayyyy!!! Take note!!
[/b]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 2:58pm On Jul 21, 2009
justwise:

Her dady and mum can do that, who takes care of those 'needs' b4 she met him?

My point is, that shouldn't be argued at all, no demand, she is not his wife or daughter.

Yes the bf should help without being reminded but it shouldn't be an issue.

oh comm'n justwise! u date a girl! u r expected to be able to give her money to take care of herself & when u get to a certain age there are just some things u dont ask ur parents for & if i ve a man i see no reason y i cant ask him!!!!! & she doesnt need to be a wife or daughter!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by spikedcylinder: 3:03pm On Jul 21, 2009
At this rate, I propose that men should start dating men. tongue

Na2day?, what do you say to that? wink tongue
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sesman(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

over our dead body grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 3:07pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

oh comm'n justwise! u date a girl! u r expected to be able to give her money to take care of herself & when u get to a certain age there are just some things u dont ask ur parents for & if i ve a man i see no reason y i cant ask him!!!!! & she doesnt need to be a wife or daughter!

Get this right, i'm not against giving to gf, surely its normal BUT  it shouldn't be in 'shopping list' or part of the contract, saying: for being ur gf, this is how much u give me on monthly bases.

If u are too old to ask ur parent then u are old enough to provide for urself. Girls should not be used to depending on bfs, they willl not get much respect, love him without payment in return
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Chineke!!! spikedcylinder, which one u dey now?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Jul 21, 2009
Theblessed:

[b] You see, this goes to confirm the question I posed sometime ago no one seems to air their views on probably, scared of what the responses might throw up. The question was whether Nigerian women are as promiscuos as their men? I don't need an answer now to that, thanks to SUGABELLE for clarifying things and gave us INSIGHT into how women in relationships can operate and manipulate their ways, into getting their needs sorted. Thus, this only confirms that our women are as promiscuous if not more, than our men. If they can sleep their way into fulfilling their needs whilst in relationships, why pretend not to be promiscuous? By nature, we women have always been pretentious - the late FELLA RANSON KUTI said so in his music (Afrika woman go sey i be baby oo!lol). So, guys you've all heard it now and there's no guarantee either that both rich/poor girls can not cheat in relationships if they wish to because, they would. So, don't raise your hopes for any of the categories of girls mentioned - poor girls will always sneek at your back and do it anyway, and that's very dangerous this day in age.
On the other hand, a rich girl might sound a better option but that's not the case because, people with money as we all know, have POWER, power to do as they please, guys can you cope Beware!! In my view, men should look for genuine Christain women, humble and truely God fearing in their ways - not the designer dress, fake hair, red lips and long finger nails type to which CLUB, I am a member too.lol!!! But hey, before you throw your insults and condemn me, having had a look at my picture on here let me say this, there is nothing wrong in having designer dress, red lips, long finger nails and fake hair if you pay for them yourself - nothing wrong, ok! 'YES I do have red lips, 'YES' I also do have fake hair, long finger nails I do not have and I don't wish to above all, this INDEPENDENT WOMAN WITH A CAREER paid for them all and that's the difference thus, there's no sneeking behind my man here, trying to have something I can not afford, Nayyyy!!! Take note!!
[/b]

Couldn't agree with u more
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sesman(m): 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2009
Theblessed:

[b] You see, this goes to confirm the question I posed sometime ago no one seems to air their views on probably, scared of what the responses might throw up. The question was whether Nigerian women are as promiscuos as their men? I don't need an answer now to that, thanks to SUGABELLE for clarifying things and gave us INSIGHT into how women in relationships can operate and manipulate their ways, into getting their needs sorted. Thus, this only confirms that our women are as promiscuous if not more, than our men. If they can sleep their way into fulfilling their needs whilst in relationships, why pretend not to be promiscuous? By nature, we women have always been pretentious - the late FELLA RANSON KUTI said so in his music (Afrika woman go sey i be baby oo!lol). So, guys you've all heard it now and there's no guarantee either that both rich/poor girls can not cheat in relationships if they wish to because, they would. So, don't raise your hopes for any of the categories of girls mentioned - poor girls will always sneek at your back and do it anyway, and that's very dangerous this day in age.
On the other hand, a rich girl might sound a better option but that's not the case because, people with money as we all know, have POWER, power to do as they please, guys can you cope Beware!! In my view, men should look for genuine Christain women, humble and truely God fearing in their ways - not the designer dress, fake hair, red lips and long finger nails type to which CLUB, I am a member too.lol!!! But hey, before you throw your insults and condemn me, having had a look at my picture on here let me say this, there is nothing wrong in having designer dress, red lips, long finger nails and fake hair if you pay for them yourself - nothing wrong, ok! 'YES I do have red lips, 'YES' I also do have fake hair, long finger nails I do not have and I don't wish to above all, this INDEPENDENT WOMAN WITH A CAREER paid for them all and that's the difference thus, there's no sneeking behind my man here, trying to have something I can not afford, Nayyyy!!! Take note!!
[/b]

one of the best response from a woman's point of view,
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2009
justwise:

Get this right, i'm not against giving to gf, surely its normal BUT  it shouldn't be in 'shopping list' or part of the contract, saying: for being ur gf, this is how much u give me on monthly bases.

If u are too old to ask ur parent then u are old enough to provide for urself. Girls should not be used to depending on bfs, they willl not get much respect, love him without payment in return

says who?
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
[size=28pt]Luxoire where are u kiss

I want to hear your take on this![/size]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 3:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

says who?

U are on ur own here, read response here, u must be living in 1908 century, responsible women don't depend 247 on their man, they stand on their on ground
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by MrWaters: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2009
What da f**k askin ur guy allowance?too absurd. I'll never give on her demand! No! How has it be goin wit her upkeepin before we met? Oh i can deduce 1thing here:- d more i give d wider her leg open huh? Shameless LovePeddler :@ . Relationship now seems to be a career hahahaha may ass
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 3:52pm On Jul 21, 2009
@TheBlessed Now that's a woman! Someone who can work and stand her ground, not some cheap-paid-a$$-$lut-b*tch-girl like some gold diggers here. I hate such lazy a$$ women. God Bless You jareeee grin

@Whitelexi I am wondering where she's been lately. She should come and shut these diggers' mouths up!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
obviously i'm from another era!!!!! i work but i have no qualms with my man putting me on a monthly allowance!!! i'm his girl, its wat is expected of him! i'm not going to ask him how much he earns & decide how much is mine!!!! thats ridiculous! dont get me wrong if i want to get something for myself i ll go ahead & buy it with my money but im not against any woman who depends on her man for what she needs!!! there's no harm in that!!!!! & to say that makes one irresponsible!!!!! plzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 3:56pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

@TheBlessed Now that's a woman! Someone who can work and stand her ground, not some cheap-paid-a$$-$lut-b*tch-girl like some gold diggers here. I hate such lazy a$$ women. God Bless You jareeee grin

@Whitelexi I am wondering where she's been lately. She should come and shut these diggers' mouths up!

At times like this u want a mature woman figure to make issues clear, i've heard from a few like spikey and TheBlessed. . .  Those are the kind of forward thinking people u really wanna identify with. . .  not anything in skirt and blouse that think they are indisposable!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

obviously i'm from another era!!!!! i work but i have no qualms with my man putting me on a monthly allowance!!! i'm his girl, its wat is expected of him! i'm not going to ask him how much he earns & decide how much is mine!!!! thats ridiculous! dont get me wrong if i want to get something for myself i ll go ahead & buy it with my money but im not against any woman who depends on her man for what she needs!!! there's no harm in that!!!!! & to say that makes one irresponsible!!!!! plzzzzzzzzzz
How is it expected of him? Please explain to me!
whitelexi:

At times like this u want a mature woman figure to make issues clear, i've heard from a few like spikey and TheBlessed. . .  Those are the kind of forward thinking people u really wanna identify with. . .  not anything in skirt and blouse that think they are indisposable!
Mate, I'm beginning to dread NL girls!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2009
TheSeeker:

[color=#000099]How is it expected of him? Please explain to me!

simple - taking responsiblity!!!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

simple - taking responsibility!!!!!!

Taking responsibility for what? Shagging u? is your own made of gold that he cannot look elsewhere? or wait. . .  for the priviledge of calling himself your man?

Stay there and keep waiting for responsibility, another correct chic will soon snatch him from u grin grin grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by yjay(f): 4:23pm On Jul 21, 2009
@whitelexi - i think ure going a lil overboard!!!!!!! who said anything abt shagging!!!!!!! o ga o!!!!!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by whitelexi(m): 4:27pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

@whitelexi - i think ure going a lil overboard!!!!!!! who said anything abt shagging!!!!!!! o ga o!!!!!

Your answer about being responsible is way way way overboard!
What are u trying to educate us on? That a man's responsibility is measured by how much he gives as monthly allowance??

I want u to hit the nail on the head and stop going round in circles. . . so i repeat TheSeeker's question: How is it expected of him?

Simple question - pls give a simple and understandable answer!
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

obviously!!!! i'm from another era! i work but i have no qualms with my man putting me on a monthly allowance!!! i'm his girl, its wat is expected of him! i'm not going to ask him how much he earns & decide how much is mine!!!! thats ridiculous! dont get me wrong if i want to get something for myself i ll go ahead & buy it with my money but im not against any woman who depends on her man for what she needs!!! there's no harm in that!!!!! & to say that makes one irresponsible!!!!! plzzzzzzzzzz

Now u made ur point clear, u are from another era definitely
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by platinumnk(f): 4:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
[glow=purple,2,300]Yall still debating this, if u dont wanna give ur girl an allowance, then dont date her, simple. A few words aint gonna change someone. grin[/glow]
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by sesman(m): 4:36pm On Jul 21, 2009
platinumnk:

[glow=purple,2,300]Yall still debating this, if u dont wanna give ur girl an allowance, then dont date her, simple. A few words aint gonna change someone. grin[/glow]

we are in a discussion forum, grin we like to discuss grin
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by charles316: 4:41pm On Jul 21, 2009
platinumnk:

[glow=purple,2,300]Yall still debating this, if u dont wanna give ur girl an allowance, then dont date her, simple. A few words aint gonna change someone.  grin[/glow]

YET ANOTHER CHEAP GOLD DIGGER.PLS GO SIT DOWN.

@ YJAY,IS UR GUY DOING U HIMSELF A FAVOUR BY DATING U.I JUST HOPE DAT U REALISE THTA RELATIONSHIP IS A NOT A MONEY MAKING ADVENTURE.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by TheSeeker(m): 4:49pm On Jul 21, 2009
yjay:

simple - taking responsibility!!!!!!
There are two responsibilities widely accepted over a woman -- A parent's responsibility, when she's old enough, they hand her over to her husband who takes care of her until the day she dies(of course if they are still married). So which category does a guy taking responsibility over a girl belong? Please let me know. How about the girl take care of the guy? Oh we dare not bring that up and we shall hear different name calling here. A lady posted some days ago asking if she can giver her boyfriend money, we know what y'all girls said. Hypocrites!! Kudos to my good girls in the house. I'm proud of y'all.
Re: Must Girlfriends Demand An Allowance? by Theblessed(f): 4:50pm On Jul 21, 2009
[b]Yeah right, on occasions our men should buy us things for example, BIRTHDAYS, CHRISTMAS, EASTER, CHRISTENING CEREMONIES, WEDDINGS, sometime important functions etc, that's normal - not demanding a monthly salary from his very small wage that's absurd and defeats the idea of two people in-love. Unless if you don't love each other then re-classify your relationship as CASUAL in other words:  anything goes but be prepared for the implications of that!!

This girlfriend we are talking about, why can't she find a job, do any job no matter how small it pays and save her dignity instead of pretentiously selling sex to the guy whilst claiming to be a GIRLFRIEND that's wrong. Better show yourself up as a POLE and TABEL dancer rather than pretending to be what you are not 'AN INNOCENT, NICE GIRL' that has not not been touched by any man except him cool cool grin grin grin grin.  At least, the guy would know exactly where he stands, what he's getting and where to find you when next he needs you probably, on the POLE TABLE as simple as that - eeezy pee eeezy.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Wants Part Of My Allowee / Man Who Shaded Black Ladies Because Of His Oyinbo Girlfriend Claims His Ex Did / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.