Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,673 members, 7,837,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? (30516 Views)

Why Am I Attracted To Bad Boys? / 8 Reasons Girls Like Bad Boys / Why Do Good Girls Always Fall In Love With Bad Guys? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

Arranged marriage is not technically "forced"

If we think about what kids don't want and parents make em do then everything is forced.

From going to school, taking medicine, injections, domestic chores and staying indoors are all forced on kids.
If we base everything on the rights of a child, the world would collapse.
I'd rather a girl marry early to a husband suitable for her than go on a shagging spree as a prostitute. cheesy tongue
Hahahahaha! cheesy

I feel you with all the school, injections etc and how you say that basing everything on the child would only cause him/her to collapse, but we don't have to base everything on the child, only some things, marriage being part of the things in which people are to decide on their own

The people in the north, of cause many of them do not mean any harm by doing this to these girls, just trying to 'look out for them' in a sense but still, the ways in which they go about it sometimes, ridiculous, e.g marrying these girls off to guys almost the same age as their father and whatnot  lipsrsealed

They are being forceful because I am sure that after showing some of these girls the men they are to marry, on occasions, the girls will not have a say in it and will just have to go along or even fake it in order to please family

Tradition or not, still don't agree tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by syren: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

It's a huge turn off. . . . .
Men prefer girls that are laid back, reserved and reticent.
She has to be reluctant to draw unnecessary attention to herself.

Really? I think that's your preference because that's not what I've seen. I don't mean the loud, attention seekers, I mean friendly, social. You can be popular and reserved at the same time. Trust me  wink

onyinye2:

don't mind these men. they don't know what they want.
Lol I can never understand them, myself  grin
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Hannibal: 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2008
ibkaye:

Hahahahaha! cheesy

I feel you with all the school, injections etc and how you say that basing everything on the child would only cause him/her to collapse, but we don't have to base everything on the child, only some things, marriage being part of the things in which people are to decide on their own

The people in the north, of cause many of them do not mean any harm by doing this to these girls, just trying to 'look out for them' in a sense but still, the ways in which they go about it sometimes, ridiculous, e.g marrying these girls off to guys almost the same age as their father and whatnot  lipsrsealed

They are being forceful because I am sure that after showing some of these girls the men they are to marry, on occasions, the girls will not have a say in it and will just have to go along or even fake it in order to please family

Tradition or not, still don't agree tongue

We are Africans and we should stick to our traditions.

No one wants the best for us more than our parents. tongue
They choose career paths, clothes to wear, enviroment to grow in and the schools we all attended.
Did u complain when ur parents made sure u they prepped u to be a doctor, engineer or an accountant??
Why complain to their choice of husband. . . . . Your career is as important as your husband, agreed??

syren:

Really? I think that's your preference because that's not what I've seen. I don't mean the loud, attention seekers, I mean friendly, social. You can be popular and reserved at the same time. Trust me wink

Popular and reserved?? Are u sure?
Being popular means u are social with loads of friends and the out-going type. . .
Are u sure any sane man wants such a woman as his partner??
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by onyinye2(f): 7:20pm On Jul 26, 2008
syren:

Lol I can never understand them, myself  grin
The go around saying "Women are so complicated. they want this, they want that. they don't know what they want" Whatever guys have no clue what they want in women. They say they want down to earth chic, and go date the black version of Paris Hilton. Abeg these men can drive a woman crazy.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by HCH3COO: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2008
onyinye2:

The go around saying "Women are so complicated. they want this, they want that. they don't know what they want" Whatever guys have no clue what they want in women. They say they want down to earth chic, and go date the black version of Paris Hilton. Abeg these men can drive a woman crazy.
Don't make it seem as if women don't do this too. Dare I say it's even worse on the part of ye women. Spend 50 hours at a mall deciding if the pink sock is better than the white sock.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2008
Who is bad and who is good?
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

We are Africans and we should stick to our traditions.

No one wants the best for us more than our parents. tongue
They choose career paths, clothes to wear, enviroment to grow in and the schools we all attended.
Did u complain when your parents made sure u they prepped u to be a doctor, engineer or an accountant??
Why complain to their choice of husband. . . . . Your career is as important as your husband, agreed??

Lol Are You Serious!? Yes, our parents want the best for us, no disagreements there but when it comes to marriage, of course they can help and advise me with it, but I will not have them choose who my husband will be, no way

Hahahaha, you are comparing clothes that my parents picked out for me to wear to a life long partner? totally different, to me, marriage is for life, not something where when i get tired of the man i can just throw him out or give him to charity and then march to the nearest Topshop or what have you to pick out a new and improved one, you feel me?

Parents should help to advise in some aspects, not choose, because at the end of the day, it is you the decision they choose is affecting, whether it is the best or the worst tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Hannibal: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2008
ibkaye:

Lol Are You Serious!? Yes, our parents want the best for us, no disagreements there but when it comes to marriage, of course they can help and advise me with it, but I will not have them choose who my husband will be, no way

Hahahaha, you are comparing clothes that my parents picked out for me to wear to a life long partner? totally different, to me, marriage is for life, not something where when i get tired of the man i can just throw him out or give him to charity and then march to the nearest Topshop or what have you to pick out a new and improved one, you feel me?

Parents should help to advise in some aspects, not choose, because at the end of the day, it is you the decision they choose is affecting, whether it is the best or the worst tongue

Remember these kids are between the ages of 9-14.
Are u saying a gurl of 10 knows what to look for in a husband??
Their parents cannot let em choose themselves cos they are too young. . . . .and they won't let em wait till age 20+ because they are petrified the kids would give in to their sexual urges by then.
It's a swirl for these Islamic parents in the North. . . . .I cannot blame them. tongue grin
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by syren: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

Popular and reserved?? Are u sure?
Being popular means u are social with loads of friends and the out-going type. . .
Are u sure any sane man wants such a woman as his partner??

Very sure  grin I've been described as such. Popular may mean that to you, but it generally means well liked by people, loads of friends, perhaps undecided but you don't have to be a party animal, more like a social butterfly.  wink
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

Are u saying a girl of 10 knows what to look for in a husband??
Their parents cannot let em choose themselves because they are too young. . . . .and they won't let em wait till age 20+ because they are petrified the kids would give in to their sexual urges by then.
It's a swirl for these Islamic parents in the North. . . . .I cannot blame them. tongue grin

Are you supporting child marriage? That's disgusting. You are disgusting!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by onyinye2(f): 7:31pm On Jul 26, 2008
HCH3COO:

Don't make it seem as if women don't do this too.  Dare I say it's even worse on the part of ye women.  Spend 50 hours at a mall deciding if the pink sock is better than the white sock.
Oh watever, any senseable women knows if she can't decide between the two, you buy both.lol. anyways you know what i said previously is true. Guys go around saying they want this women who compliments them and is down to earth and what have you. but who do they go and date, the complete opposite.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 26, 2008
onyinye2:

Oh watever, any senseable women knows if she can't decide between the two, you buy both.lol. anyways you know what i said previously is true. Guys go around saying they want this women who compliments them and is down to earth and what have you. but who do they go and date, the complete opposite.

Rarely do we end up with our dream partner. We might even meet them and remain un-charmed!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Hannibal: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2008
syren:

Very sure  grin I've been described as such. Popular may mean that to you, but it generally means well liked by people, loads of friends, perhaps undecided but you don't have to be a party animal, more like a social butterfly.  wink

Social butterfly??  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Men are wary of such girls. . . . . .We never can tell which of your friends we have dined n wined with in the past.
I hate it when me past rears it's ugly head to haunt me. tongue grin

michelin89:

Are you supporting child marriage? That's disgusting. You are disgusting!

Let it be known that the feeling is perfectly mutual.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 26, 2008
Lawdy Lawdy, sorry dear, when I was talking about parents choosing husband for their kids, i thought in that statement you made you were refferring to me smiley

Even still, i think it is silly to make any 9-14 year old marry, such a young age, these people need to take a grasp of reality, these girls are only humans, of course they will have these 'urges', it's only natural and by putting them into arranged marriages in order to prevent 'sins', i think it is wrong and unfair, let the girls get a grasp of life don't you think? smiley

@Michellin
Please dear, there was no need to call him disgusting, even though his views may vary to your own, let's be nice smiley
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2008
ibkaye:

@Michellin
Please dear, there was no need to call him disgusting, even though his views may vary to your own, let's be nice smiley

Don't worry! He already knows how I feel about him!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by HCH3COO: 7:36pm On Jul 26, 2008
onyinye2:

hahaha.  that statement is too generic and is not always true.  what if they find out that the women is opposite only after dating them?  i think it takes time to figure out if you and your partner mesh together.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 26, 2008
michelin89:

Don't worry! He already knows how I feel about him!
Hmm, ok o
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2008
HCH3COO:

hahaha. that statement is too generic and is not always true. what if they find out that the women is opposite only after dating them? i think it takes time to figure out if you and your partner mesh together.

That's why you should never date a CH3COONa, a strong acid or a strong base.

They are dangerous!
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Hannibal: 7:39pm On Jul 26, 2008
ibkaye:

Lawdy Lawdy, sorry dear, when I was talking about parents choosing husband for their kids, i thought in that statement you made you were refferring to me smiley

Even still, i think it is silly to make any 9-14 year old marry, such a young age, these people need to take a grasp of reality, these girls are only humans, of course they will have these 'urges', it's only natural and by putting them into arranged marriages in order to prevent 'sins', i think it is wrong and unfair, let the girls get a grasp of life don't you think? smiley

Don't get me wrong. . . . .I am a good christian but that does not mean i shouldn't be objective and see what muslims are trying to achieve here.
I try to understand the beliefs backing some certain processes and when i thunk child marriage through, they actually have a valid point.
This is similar to female circumcision. . . . .all these African beliefs are ways of preventing these female kids from their sexual urges.
I don't believe in it but i understand why they do it.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by onyinye2(f): 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2008
michelin89:

That's why you should never date a CH3COONa, a strong acid or a strong base.
They are dangerous!
He thinks he is dangerous, but he is acidic as water.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 26, 2008
onyinye2:

True. One of the weakest acids around! cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by eldee(m): 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

Are u saying a girl of 10 knows what to look for in a husband??
Their parents cannot let em choose themselves because they are too young. . . . .and they won't let em wait till age 20+ because they are petrified the kids would give in to their sexual urges by then.
Yeah if you step into their shoes, it's kinda true
They live in a soceity where sumone can be stoned to death for fornication/adultery
They live in a country that has among the highest number of HIV cases in the world
Marrying them off as early as 17 gives them the assurance that these kids are safe

They don't want 'em stoned naked
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2008
eldee:

Yeah if you step into their shoes, it's kind of true
They live in a soceity where sumone can be stoned to death for fornication/adultery
They live in a country that has among the highest number of HIV cases in the world
Marrying them off as early as 17 gives them the assurance that these kids are safe

Irony?
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by HCH3COO: 7:42pm On Jul 26, 2008
onyinye2:

I don't think a  history/english student is in a knowledged position to comment on the acidity of acetic acid.
grin  grin @ acetic acid is as acidic as water  grin  grin . olodo.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

Don't get me wrong. . . . .I am good christian but that does not mean i shouldn't be objective and see what muslims are trying to achieve here.
I try to understand the beliefs backing some certain processes and when i thunk child marriage through, they actually have a valid point.
This is similar to female circumcision. . . . .all these African beliefs are ways of preventing these female kids away from sexual urges.
I don't believe in it but i understand why they do it.
I feel you on this one, I also do not agree with it but I can now see their reason behind it

eldee:

Hahahahahaha! I feel you also, their reasons behind it I understand, I guess life just isn't fair, they are trying to help these girls but in a way they are also hurting them, funny tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by onyinye2(f): 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2008
HCH3COO:

I don't think a  history/english student is in a knowledged position to comment on the acidity of acetic acid.
grin  grin @ acetic acid is as acidic as water  grin  grin . olodo.
I wasn't talking about your name. i was talking about you in general.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2008
HCH3COO:

I don't think a history/english student is in a knowledged position to comment on the acidity of acetic acid.
grin grin @ acetic acid is as acidic as water grin grin . olodo.

Idiot! As an English student she was using a figure of speech.

Ever heard of metaphor??
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Hannibal: 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2008
eldee:

Marrying them off according to the laws of the land is actually something they celebrate.
It's better than having the kids stoned to death via Sharia.
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by HCH3COO: 7:45pm On Jul 26, 2008
michelin89:

True. One of the weakest acids around! cheesy cheesy grin grin
You will be surprised to know what an acetic anhydride can do to your body tissues. Give it a try if you wish tongue
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by HCH3COO: 7:47pm On Jul 26, 2008
michelin89:

Idiot! As an English student she was using a figure of speech.

Ever heard of metaphor??
How does that invalidate my statement ?  Your name calling is really boring.
That's what everyone claims when they commit mental errors. 

Let's continue the discussion on chemical toxicity shall we? What else do you have to say about acetic acid undecided
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2008
HCH3COO:

How does that invalidate my statement ? Your name calling is really boring.
That's what everyone claims when they commit mental errors.

It does sweetheart. It does, because the rule says so. That sentence of hers is valid while yours is a pathetic attempt to deny the truth.

Darling insult?? I would never insult you and you know that.

I am sure starting to get worried about your mind.

Are you ok, honey?
Re: Why Do Girls Always Go For Bad Boys? by syren: 7:50pm On Jul 26, 2008
Hannibal:

Social butterfly??  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Men are wary of such girls. . . . . .We never can tell which of your friends we have dined n wined with in the past.
I hate it when me past rears it's ugly head to haunt me. tongue grin

I thought there would be a selfish motive in their somewhere, all to save your own skin. Typical.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Hilarious Things Nigerian Girls Do Before Valentine / Ladies: Are We This Terrible?: Video / Don't kill yourself, a woman can't love you!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.