Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265535 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 8:53pm On May 13, 2011
Hi House,
my laptop started showing the message "this copy of windows is not genuine" each time i power it, pls how do i rectify this. Tanx
@febbymi, as much as I would like to advise you to purchase an original copy of windows, I wouldn't. Cos I know that it doesn't come cheap and you would rather use that money for something else. What I would suggest though, is that you should give alternatives to windows os a try. That is Linux, I can recommend that you try some newbie friendly ones like Linux Mint, Ubuntu, PClinxOS etc. It has a lot of advantages over windows BUT you have to be willing to learn a new thing cos its not windows so u should expect a lo of differences. Besides, you can actually run both windows and linux side by side on the same system until you get used to the new one before totally discarding windows. If you are interested, I'd be happy to help you out on that, and if you are in lagos, I can install it for you and help you along with the learning process. Here is my number if you want to get in touch .
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 11:54pm On May 13, 2011
hello everyone, how was ur wik? mine was stressful but it was surely rewarding. plz how do i protect my flash from a virus, will be really greatful,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 12:00am On May 14, 2011
hello denzel and thanks for ur response. the laptop is very slow not that there are plenty softwares on it and the guy that formatted the system has done this for about three times cos i still see windows old and wen i try to delete the folder, it simply wouldnt. so u c y i want to format the os and get a working laptop back thankyou and a lovely wiknd to u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:25am On May 14, 2011
steve20114ril:

hello denzel and thanks for your response. the laptop is very slow not that there are plenty softwares on it and the guy that formatted the system has done this for about three times cos i still see windows old and wen i try to delete the folder, it simply wouldnt. so u c y i want to format the os and get a working laptop back thankyou and a lovely wiknd to u

which OS do you have ? what type of network do you have have and how much ram does it have
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 8:36am On May 14, 2011
thanks again guys. what do u min by network and as for the os, its windows xp and the ram size is 1g, hapi wiknd
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 9:09am On May 14, 2011
steve20114ril:

thanks again guys. what do u min by network and as for the os, its windows xp and the ram size is 1g, hapi wiknd
iirc, you said the os is vista. Anyway, try and backup the drivers and reinstall windows xp. 1gb ram won't cut it in vista and would also be very slow in 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ebony88: 10:14am On May 14, 2011
am using international web proxy but i cant connect to update my antivirus and also i can sign in into yahoo messenger
pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoalayo(m): 1:04pm On May 14, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

i guess if i try to explain to you, you wont get it

the best is go on youtube you will find videos thats show you how to do it
d fact is dat d blackberry is nt frm mtn anytime I visit d mtnblacberry page nd tried 2 register won't go, Nd now I cnt use d browser cos d browser is nt enabld, Pls help me
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by calcentron: 1:43pm On May 14, 2011
Tevci DroidPad - Simplified Mobile Internet Device. Nigeria's best 7" flat widescreen android tablet which provides a fantastic multimedia and internet experience. Unveiling soon. Visit http://www.tevci.com for more information.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2011
How can I make COM PORTS available on my PC? Please I need answers ASAP!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 8:23pm On May 14, 2011
nearest:

How can I make COM PORTS available on my PC? Please I need answers ASAP!
once again, COM ports are already available on your computer the first few COM ports usually work with printers scanners and other peripherals. The loader software you are using will give you a chance to select different COM ports if it doesn't automatically detect and choose a free one.

check the options of the loader software you are using. also google FTA forums if that is what you are doing and on those sites you will get a wealth of info
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by nearest(m): 11:02am On May 15, 2011
omega25red:

once again, COM ports are already available on your computer the first few COM ports usually work with printers scanners and other peripherals. The loader software you are using will give you a chance to select different COM ports if it doesn't automatically detect and choose a free one.

check the options of the loader software you are using. also google FTA forums if that is what you are doing and on those sites you will get a wealth of info
ROGER THAT!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:07pm On May 15, 2011
omoalayo:

d fact is dat d blackberry is nt frm mtn anytime I visit d mtnblacberry page nd tried 2 register won't go, Nd now I cnt use d browser cos d browser is nt enabld, Pls help me

since its not frm MTN then i guess the phone is unlocked so i think you need to reconfigure the web settings to MTN then you can browse all you want
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bennito: 12:39pm On May 16, 2011
plz Gurus in the house, my problem is abt d remote to my HP Pavilion dv6000. Since i formatted the laptop, it stopped pickin the remote except if i want to on d laptop with the romote. The battery to the remote is in gd shape.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:33pm On May 16, 2011
bennito:

plz Gurus in the house, my problem is abt d remote to my HP Pavilion dv6000. Since i formatted the laptop, it stopped pickin the remote except if i want to on d laptop with the romote. The battery to the remote is in gd shape.
Thanks in anticipation

Has the remote ever work prior to recovery

How did you recover i.e. F11 or CD/DVD Disk

Click start, run and type in devmgmt.msc

and make sure no yellow signs

Make sure battery is properly inserted and the + sign is facing up

Make sure battery is new and not used ones or fake models

To view the following make sure you have adoabe reader installed

Further instructions can be found at www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01495944.pdf">http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01495944.pdf
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bennito: 5:42pm On May 16, 2011
@deji2009, thanks for replyin. After the format, i recovered through my HP Recovery internal disk. It was only d main memory that was formatted. The remote was workin parfectly before the format.
Can you be a little more elaborate. I do nt really understand the directive you gave me.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:01pm On May 16, 2011
bennito:

@deji2009, thanks for replyin. After the format, i recovered through my HP Recovery internal disk. It was only d main memory that was formatted. The remote was workin parfectly before the format.
Can you be a little more elaborate. I do nt really understand the directive you gave me.

answer yes or no

did you press f11
for recovery ?

have you visited
device manager to
check no yellow signs

refer to my previous reply

the link is an hp website that
give you more information about
troubleshooting the remote control

to view it you need to have adobe
reader installed as the website is in .pdf format
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:05pm On May 16, 2011
deji2009:

answer yes or no

did you press f11
for recovery ?

have you visited
device manager to
check no yellow signs

refer to my previous reply

the link is an hp website that
give you more information about
troubleshooting the remote control

to view it you need to have adobe
reader installed as the website is in .pdf format

Try the following solutions if your remote control does not function properly:
● Be sure that you have a clear line of sight from the remote control to the infrared port on the
computer or optional docking device.
● Be sure that you are within range of the infrared port on the computer or optional docking device.
● Be sure that the battery is properly installed and has a charge. Replace the battery if necessary.
● Be sure that you are using the remote control with a supported computer or optional docking device.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 8:32pm On May 16, 2011
pls can someone tell me where to download hp pavilion(dv6) drivers webcam and bluetooth.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 2:03am On May 17, 2011
bennito:

Thanks in anticipation

since you formatted it means you lost the driver but then you went to say @except if i want to on d laptop with the romote.@

i dont get you there what do you really want to say ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by v3: 10:26am On May 17, 2011
@Zim
I think what he's trying to say is that he can use the romote to turn on the laptop but can't carry out other functions with it (I assume the remote is used to for multimedia purposes to e.g HP DVD Quick Play, Windows Media et al).
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:55am On May 17, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

since you formatted it means you lost the driver but then you went to say @except if i want to on d laptop with the romote.@

i dont get you there what do you really want to say ?

its confuses me as well just advice what I could
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by femeritus: 11:02pm On May 17, 2011
my mtn modem hardly connects and when it finally does it goes on and off.what could wrong? tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dawgzfada(m): 6:24pm On May 18, 2011
Pls help, i use a HP Dv6000. .twas working fine this afternoon and i was viewing a thread on Nairaland, and the next thing the laptop went off. Tried putting it on but it won't come on. The lights wont even blink at all. Also the only light that comes on is the blue light that indicates its charging (thru the charging hole). I removed the battery, plugged the laptop and tried putting it on but it still wont come on. I removed the Rams and resit them but it still won't come on.

Am at wits end here. .pls someone should help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 7:32pm On May 18, 2011
Dawgzfada:

Pls help, i use a HP Dv6000. .twas working fine this afternoon and i was viewing a thread on Nairaland, and the next thing the laptop went off. Tried putting it on but it won't come on. The lights wont even blink at all. Also the only light that comes on is the blue light that indicates its charging (thru the charging hole). I removed the battery, plugged the laptop and tried putting it on but it still wont come on. I removed the Rams and resit them but it still won't come on.

Am at wits end here. .pls someone should help.
sounds interesting and it could be anything. i have some questions. Did you have the computer on the bed? did you smell any burning like rubber or any funny burning smells from the computer? first thing is to find someone with similar computer and use their charger of that is not possible, you can try using an external monitor on your laptop to see if its the monitor that is not coming on. take out one ram and power it on and try with the second one and see if that works you can also just leave it for an hour to cool down because it could have over heated.
if none of that works, maybe someone will have a better idea here but i say take it to get the motherboard changed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 8:54pm On May 18, 2011
please I want to change my motherboard. It's a toshiba satellite model and d motherboard is nt readily available. So i want to know good shops in lag where i can go to that can have or a methd of importing it quickly.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 11:25pm On May 18, 2011
Hiya, its me again I was wondering if you can help with an antivirus. My laptop got infected I think by BEST-ANTIVIRUS2010, it is a keylogger from google and it keeps on telling me[i] My computer is infected(it shows all the virus I have) and that I should remove it by buying the MS Tool Removal[/i]

I have had it before and I downloaded kaspersky 30day trial to clean it but now I am without a virus for both my laptop and PC and it has infected my laptop. I tried going on the internet but it is very very slow and I think it disables my laptop's firewall anytime I turn it on.

Help, I was wondering if I can download an antivirus on my PC and put it on a USB stick to transfer on my laptop. Is that possible?

But help me first with a good Anti-virus. Cheers smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:01am On May 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Hiya, its me again I was wondering if you can help with an antivirus. My laptop got infected I think by BEST-ANTIVIRUS2010, it is a keylogger from google and it keeps on telling me[i] My computer is infected(it shows all the virus I have) and that I should remove it by buying the MS Tool Removal[/i]

I have had it before and I downloaded kaspersky 30day trial to clean it but now I am without a virus for both my laptop and PC and it has infected my laptop. I tried going on the internet but it is very very slow and I think it disables my laptop's firewall anytime I turn it on.

Help, I was wondering if I can download an antivirus on my PC and put it on a USB stick to transfer on my laptop. Is that possible?

But help me first with a good Anti-virus. Cheers smiley

yes you can download it to your usb then run the installation to intended pc when you download

you can even try other anti virus like avast, avg, avira etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:09am On May 19, 2011
Jeophri:

please I want to change my motherboard. It's a toshiba satellite model and d motherboard is nt readily available. So i want to know good shops in lag where i can go to that can have or a methd of importing it quickly.
Thanks

do you know that the motherboard is the computer its self? is the motherboard dead ? if yes why get another pc then get a caddy for harddrive that was in your dead pc

on ebay you can get those motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:14am On May 19, 2011
Can you send me a link to an anti-virus please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.