Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270012 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 10:04am On May 19, 2011
@ zimdrill, are u saying u r dat instead of changing my motherboard, i should by a new one?
Anyways, let me keep my options open. I still need a good place to change the motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 10:17am On May 19, 2011
@ zimdrill, are u saying u r dat instead of changing my motherboard, i should by a new one?
Anyways, let me keep my options open. I still need a good place to change the motherboard
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:21am On May 19, 2011
Jeophri:

If you want to get old very fast, change your motherboard. The MOBO is the heart of computer, there's no point changing it especially on laptops where all the components are integrated. Just buy a new laptop and dispose of that as spares.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 10:26am On May 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Hiya, its me again I was wondering if you can help with an antivirus. My laptop got infected I think by BEST-ANTIVIRUS2010, it is a keylogger from google and it keeps on telling me[i] My computer is infected(it shows all the virus I have) and that I should remove it by buying the MS Tool Removal[/i]

I have had it before and I downloaded kaspersky 30day trial to clean it but now I am without a virus for both my laptop and PC and it has infected my laptop. I tried going on the internet but it is very very slow and I think it disables my laptop's firewall anytime I turn it on.

Help, I was wondering if I can download an antivirus on my PC and put it on a USB stick to transfer on my laptop. Is that possible?

But help me first with a good Anti-virus. Cheers smiley

I'm the master virus blaster wink. What you need to do is cleanse the laptop with Malware bytes anti malware before installing an antivirus. Dont buy any MS tool removal, it's an attempt to further compromise your system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by steve20114ril(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2011
@zimdrill, what can make a motherboard go bad up to the extent of condemning a laptop and opting for a new one, plz tell me so i would take precautionary motives. thankyou
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 12:19pm On May 19, 2011
denzel2009:

I'm the master virus blaster wink. What you need to do is cleanse the laptop with Malware bytes anti malware before installing an antivirus. Dont buy any MS tool removal, it's an attempt to further compromise your system.
ok, can you send me a link of a good anti-malware?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:40pm On May 19, 2011
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kandiikane(m): 2:23pm On May 19, 2011
^^My computer says the file can harm my computer. undecided
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:46pm On May 19, 2011
kandiikane:

^^My computer says the file can harm my computer. undecided
try this link
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=malwarebytes&platformSelect=Windows&tag=srch%3Ba&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows

it's called "malwarebytes" click the download and not the buy it. A yellow bar will come down click that and choose download

use another computer to download it on a flash stick and when you start your computer start hitting "F8" before you see the windows logo.
This will give you options as to how you want to login
choose: safe mode with networking
when it comes up install the program. Note that you have to be online so it can be updated
after the update do a quick scan or a full scan if you have time
when its done click show results
then click remove
restart your computer then you should be back to normal
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 3:07pm On May 19, 2011
omega25red:

try this link
http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0.html?query=malwarebytes&platformSelect=Windows&tag=srch%3Ba&searchtype=downloads&filterName=platform%3DWindows&filter=platform%3DWindows

it's called "malwarebytes" click the download and not the buy it. A yellow bar will come down click that and choose download

use another computer to download it on a flash stick and when you start your computer start hitting "F8" before you see the windows logo.
This will give you options as to how you want to login
choose: safe mode with networking
when it comes up install the program. Note that you have to be online so it can be updated
after the update do a quick scan or a full scan if you have time
when its done click show results
then click remove
restart your computer then you should be back to normal

Thanks for being elaborate. @Kandiikane, you can't go wrong with this process unless you have a very stubborn malware.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:55pm On May 19, 2011
steve20114ril:

@zimdrill, what can make a motherboard go bad up to the extent of condemning a laptop and opting for a new one, plz tell me so i would take precautionary motives. thankyou

most people damage motherboard by accidentally spilling liquids on the laptop

so if it is a old computer why bother look for another motherboard than looking for something above the one you have damaged
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:04pm On May 19, 2011
Jeophri:

not really am saying if it an old pc why bother look for motherboard, than looking for something above the old pc

though the one you will be buying it wont be new and fresh from the package but it has to be a model higher than the old

eg if the damaged one is an acer aspire 1640 then next one to get should be a model above than whether it is an acer, toshiba hp etc
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by billtommy(m): 6:42pm On May 19, 2011
help hp power pack stopped working,pls guys what can i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:26pm On May 19, 2011
billtommy:

help hp power pack stopped working,pls guys what can i do?

power pack aka the charger ? get another one stay away from cheap chinese ones

buy original used ones from ebay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:32pm On May 19, 2011
Dawgzfada:

Pls help, i use a HP Dv6000. .twas working fine this afternoon and i was viewing a thread on Nairaland, and the next thing the laptop went off. Tried putting it on but it won't come on. The lights wont even blink at all. Also the only light that comes on is the blue light that indicates its charging (thru the charging hole). I removed the battery, plugged the laptop and tried putting it on but it still wont come on. I removed the Rams and resit them but it still won't come on.

Am at wits end here. .pls someone should help.

HP DV series has a known issues

such as LED ON no display

or distorted graphics

This a known issue and HP has

put a recall programme in place

If you have HP warranty contact them

This process is called ATX RESET
Take battery and charger out

Hold the laptop power button

down for 30 seconds, keep your

hand on it and let go. we're not

trying to power on laptop we're

are discharging static electricity

build up. connect just charger

only not battery then power up

If no joy contact a computer

technician for the best way

to go about repair or buying a

new computer laptop/PC

Hp is facing a lawsuit

http://www.asifism.com/technology/hp-quickplay/hp-agrees-they-screwed-up/
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:51pm On May 19, 2011
kandiikane:

Hiya, its me again I was wondering if you can help with an antivirus. My laptop got infected I think by BEST-ANTIVIRUS2010, it is a keylogger from google and it keeps on telling me[i] My computer is infected(it shows all the virus I have) and that I should remove it by buying the MS Tool Removal[/i]

I have had it before and I downloaded kaspersky 30day trial to clean it but now I am without a virus for both my laptop and PC and it has infected my laptop. I tried going on the internet but it is very very slow and I think it disables my laptop's firewall anytime I turn it on.

Help, I was wondering if I can download an antivirus on my PC and put it on a USB stick to transfer on my laptop. Is that possible?

But help me first with a good Anti-virus. Cheers smiley

Antivirus 2010 is a virus and is designed to trick you into believing is a genuine one.

Best practices is to save your pictures unto a CD/DVD not USB Stick as this less

secure and can infect other computer. USE A CD/DVD BLANK DISK, visit a

computer technician to recover the machine back to square one.

Best practices is to wipe the system and start all over again.

The computer would be brand new as if you just bought it

If you run the malwarebytes given to you probably

would get 450-800 infections detected

Best way is to reinstall the computer, visit a technician for help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 11:11pm On May 19, 2011
how do u define old? My laptop is a new model and it's barely 3months old. So its nt old. The money i woulduse to get a new one of such specs would be nearly times 3 of the cost of the motherboard.
I get all ya points. But i think i would make more money selling it as a whole rather than in parts. So if can change it then it would have more economical value. I was just looking for a trusted place to get the job done.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by henryskywalker2003(m): 12:20am On May 20, 2011
@Kandikane, if you still want to try to disinfect your pc further after trying the malwarebytes, get your hands on a linux cd like say ubuntu, insert it into your pc and restart it. Boot from cd/dvd by changing the boot order to it from the bios. When it boots to the desktop, open the software manager (ubuntu software center its found on the application list located at the top panel), make sure you're online and search within the software manager for clamwin antivirus. When you find it, click on the install button next to it and it will be automatically downloaded and installed. When its thru, open it and update it, then go to places on the top panel and click on the icon with the name/size of your hard disk (if you have multiple partitions and hard disk there will be multiple icons there corresponding to each of them), you can close the new windows that open when you clicked on them and then proceed to use the antivirus to scan them.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:03am On May 20, 2011
Jeophri:

how do u define old? My laptop is a new model and it's barely 3months old. So its nt old. The money i woulduse to get a new one of such specs would be nearly times 3 of the cost of the motherboard.
I get all ya points. But i think i would make more money selling it as a whole rather than in parts. So if can change it then it would have more economical value. I was just looking for a trusted place to get the job done.

then you are in a tight spot if it is a new model and 3months old i.e very few people would be selling the motherboard since its new very few would have messed up a very new model

eg pick any new model of the past 4 months and check if people are selling the motherboards on ebay
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 9:32am On May 20, 2011
dats my problem cos i've been trying to get one for a while now and it's not been succesful. If i do get from ebay, how then do i get to fix it?
And how do i get it from ebay?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by denzel2009: 12:57pm On May 20, 2011
denzel2009:

Deji,

I don't encourage wiping hard drives. I think the only time you need to wipe a computer is when you want to upgrade or change the OS. I have handled some badass virus in the past few months and I didn't even think of attempting to format the laptops. There are powerful tools these days to get your system back in tip-top shape.

The way I do it is scan with all these

Malwarebytes
superantispyware
hitman pro
combofix
Rkill
Spywareblaster

I have never seen any infected computer or virus that will survive all these attacks. Backing up an infected computer is a bit tricky, all the files backed up are already infected. That means you move infected files into a new install and thats back to square one.

This is just my own way sha.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 2:09pm On May 20, 2011
Jeophri:

dats my problem cos i've been trying to get one for a while now and it's not been succesful. If i do get from ebay, how then do i get to fix it?
And how do i get it from ebay?
Since your laptop is only 3 months old then it should still be under warranty right? or where did you buy it from?
you probably can't buy it from ebay because most sellers on ebay use paypal or credit cards and from reading on this forum people seem to have a hard time conducting credit card transactions from Nigeria needless to say having someone ship a product to you.
if i were you i would do reasearch online because those companies are sometimes lazy and they make mother boards that fit 5 different types of computers you just might get lucky.
Best bet if you have someone out the country say in europe or asia have em buy it and send it to ya then take it to a computer tech who knows what he/she is doing to replace it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 1stknight(m): 4:13pm On May 20, 2011
som1 plx i av a toshiba laptop with 250hdd, 2.5 ghz dc of processor, 2 gb of ram, 816 mb of intel gma and running on window 7, my problem with this laptop is dat when ever i 'm using it and somtyms at startup d screen goes white, nd u can still c the laptop running properly, and sometyms if u wait for d backlight to go off d screen comes back, so i dnt really knw wats wrong with it, any help is highly appreciated. THANK U IN ADVANCE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by member53(m): 6:38pm On May 20, 2011
sombdy pls help me, i just installed win 7 (crackd version) in my acer aspire desktop.
Installation succesful but it wont boot beyond startup windows.

Wat do i do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MegaMEX(m): 7:31pm On May 20, 2011
get an uncracked version, install on ur pc and get Win7 cracker to crack it from there! I think it might help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Jeophri(m): 10:36am On May 21, 2011
my laptop was under warranty, but I bought it in the US and the warranty only works in the US. So i had to transfer it over dere and get it fixed. That would take too long and cost a lot. If I had someone there, i mite have not got to the option of changing my motherboard.
So i had to change it here and undergo the cost and make it quicker. Cossending over will cost a lot and consume a lot of time.
My question is do u know any computer repair company who imports such. So when i do meet them, they can import mine and maybe fix it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ak47i: 12:03pm On May 21, 2011
please and please i need freedom configuration for mtn shit on my email please,,carlousee@gmail.com,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omega25red(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2011
Jeophri:

my laptop was under warranty, but I bought it in the US and the warranty only works in the US. So i had to transfer it over dere and get it fixed. That would take too long and cost a lot. If I had someone there, i mite have not got to the option of changing my motherboard.
So i had to change it here and undergo the cost and make it quicker. Cossending over will cost a lot and consume a lot of time.
My question is do u know any computer repair company who imports such. So when i do meet them, they can import mine and maybe fix it.
so at my job i constantly deal with dell because their products are crap but they have really good customer service. i say that to say contact the customer service give them the computers service tag number etc they might be able to ship the board to you because toshiba is a global company and who knows they might have a contract with a tech company in africa.
call toshiba's tech support and see what they have to say. worst comes to worst tell them to ship the mother board and you will find someone to install it for you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 4:45pm On May 21, 2011
I switched on my lappy today but d keypad refused to work only the cursor that is active. pls techies help a brother
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by arsenal1(m): 4:48pm On May 21, 2011
I have switched on d lappy ever since i went for youth service on match this yr

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.