Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (236) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1270269 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2012
deji2009:

start up tab
alright sire,thanks,the problem has been has been resolved,i'm grATEFUL wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adaslove(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2012
Pls guys, my laptop is now slow pass snail. When I checked d RAM, it display that 765 Usable out 1GB. Pls what is the best thing to do now? Waiting for your quick response...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2012
deji2009:

could be a memoery ram or paging size.
what's the make and model of your laptop ?

dell inspiron 1545 , i have a 3gb ram
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mili3kid(m): 10:22pm On Dec 02, 2012
pls help.some keys on my hp mini laptop has stopped working. whats d best thing to do? is it repairable or needs change? i've actually not used d system for a very long tym...iif i'll b changing it pls au much wld it cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2012
mili3kid: pls help.some keys on my hp mini laptop has stopped working. whats d best thing to do? is it repairable or needs change? i've actually not used d system for a very long tym...iif i'll b changing it pls au much wld it cost?
it might actually need changing but you can first try to blow it up with compressed air
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 10:39pm On Dec 02, 2012
adewasco2k:
just run it in windows XP compatibility mode (right click on the short-cut of Half Life, click on Properties then Compatibility tab, select Run this program in compatibility mode for: windows xp service pack 2...click apply and okay)

thanks this worked!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mili3kid(m): 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2012
adewasco2k:
it might actually need changing but you can first try to blow it up with compressed air
thanks alot boss.... i think i'll just change it.like how much would it cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 4:03pm On Dec 03, 2012
deji2009:

Given all the diagnostics you've carried, my advice is to get an externalusb hub. connect
it to the port that works and connect your other device through the external hub
that way the problem is resolve. I'm not satisfied to go ahead with the remote support.

Sorry !

Thanks man for the help so far...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2012
@all gurus. I have this HP G8 laptop. The keyboard and mouse seizes frequently and the left-click of the mouse is not working. Please how can i resolve this? Awaits response.....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by luckydinho: 6:18pm On Dec 05, 2012
Plz H̶̲̥̅̊♡̷̴̬̩̃̊w̶̲̥̅̊ can i copy movie from DVD τ̅☺ laptop i need urgent response plzzzzz any one?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ejimjesus: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2012
pls help. my computer has refused booting, make funny noise and end up remaining at " starting windows". pls help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kevinokereh(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2012
When ever I close a window a dialog box shows me "your windows explorer is restarting" please how can I stop it? Thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2012
ejimjesus: pls help. my computer has refused booting, make funny noise and end up remaining at " starting windows". pls help.
with the funny noise it might be an hardware failure, may be the RAM.
try this first...
boot in safe mode
remove the RAM, clean it and replace
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2012
kevinokereh: When ever I close a window a dialog box shows me "your windows explorer is restarting" please how can I stop it? Thank you
Your system is running on which operating system?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Amaizu(m): 7:32pm On Dec 09, 2012
Please would i be able to use a 16GB Wifi only ipad3 to surf the web in Nigeria(Enugu or Onitsha precisely)I have good Mtn and Glo service where i stay,can i slot in a sim card into the ipad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2012
Amaizu: Please would i be able to use a 16GB Wifi only ipad3 to surf the web in Nigeria(Enugu or Onitsha precisely)I have good Mtn and Glo service where i stay,can i slot in a sim card into the ipad
wifi only dont have slots for sim....you can only surf using wireless netwrk.
you can either tether using an apple device or just create a shared wireless on any other device to surf
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by jeffstone(m): 6:14am On Dec 10, 2012
There are some beep sound coming from my friend's Destop? What could be this issue about?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by love2share: 9:42am On Dec 10, 2012
kindly plz help me wit ma hp laptop problem.. The mouse is misbehaving what can i do? or beep me on my phone to get back at u in orda to expanciate beta on it prob.Thanks. 08155646733
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by love2share: 10:00am On Dec 10, 2012
my hp laptop soft torch pad is workn bt not opening a folder and the left botton is not functioning as wel.. Plz help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Georgesmartt(m): 2:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
I need an ASUS laptop battery. Pls if you have any info partaining to it pls let me know. E-mail=george_smile4u@yahoo.com.Pin=260F8270
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by NoQualms1(f): 5:48pm On Dec 10, 2012
Please gurus, I need help. I subscribed for MTN data bundle and after browsing for roughly 5 minutes, close to 200MB of data has already gone.

What can I do to stop this? This data is supposed to last me for a month and even if it won't be up to that, I should be able to at least get the value of what I use.

Help me out please. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
No Qualms: Please gurus, I need help. I subscribed for MTN data bundle and after browsing for roughly 5 minutes, close to 200MB of data has already gone.

What can I do to stop this? This data is supposed to last me for a month and even if it won't be up to that, I should be able to at least get the value of what I use.

Help me out please. Thanks

It must definitely be an update.
Best would be to check Office and windows update, other software
like adoabe reader, flash player and Anti-Virus to mention a few
The chances of it being a Virus are [b]almost 0%
[/b]Maybe post a list of all the programs you have installed?

Also, third party software like Firefox, skpe, etc doesn't warn you before it downloads updates.
For starters you can check out Task Manager.
Switch to the Networking Tab and then see the Network usage when you are connected to the network!
This will reveal to you if any programs at all are running in the background!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:39pm On Dec 10, 2012
Georgesmartt: I need an ASUS laptop battery. Pls if you have any info partaining to it pls let me know. E-mail=george_smile4u@yahoo.com.Pin=260F8270

@Georgesmartt

Go to a shop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:50pm On Dec 10, 2012
love2share: my hp laptop soft torch pad is workn bt not opening a folder and the left botton is not functioning as wel.. Plz help

Model of laptop please. e.g. hp p530 windws vista
Check device manager for conflicts (yellow
circle with an exclamation mark
and resolve those.
download and install the latest driver for
this device from HPgo to control panel,
hardware and sound look for
mouse and look for double click bring the bar backwards
and test it on the folder to your right

http://www.touch-base.com/documentation/driver%20features.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 7:58pm On Dec 10, 2012
jeffstone: There are some beep sound coming from my friend's Destop? What could be this issue about?
How many beeps ? i.e., 2 short beeps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:02pm On Dec 10, 2012
adewasco2k:
wifi only dont have slots for sim....you can only surf using wireless netwrk.
you can either tether using an apple device or just create a shared wireless on any other device to surf

I wanted to cast my vote but cant. The post is hidden
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davodyguy: 8:18pm On Dec 10, 2012
Flash Drive by davodyguy : 8:16pm earlier this evening, i mistakenly formatted my flash and all my documents for the past 15 years was deleted. i removed the flash and shut down the system. started it again, inserted the flash and it was still empty. pls im begging anyone to pls help save my life, career and job. pls what can i do? computer wizard and guru save my life i beg u. pls help. without that flash, im gone. pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:38pm On Dec 10, 2012
davodyguy: Flash Drive by davodyguy : 8:16pm earlier this evening, i mistakenly formatted my flash and all my documents for the past 15 years was deleted. i removed the flash and shut down the system. started it again, inserted the flash and it was still empty. pls im begging anyone to pls help save my life, career and job. pls what can i do? computer wizard and guru save my life i beg u. pls help. without that flash, im gone. pls help

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important
when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files
deleted from your Windows computer,
Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or
MP3 player. And it's free!

Here's an award winning software

http://www.piriform.com/recuva

The ball is now in your court
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davodyguy: 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2012
deji pls explain something to me. im home now, browsing with my phone. my system and the flash are in the office. pls advise me on what to do by 7am tomorrow when i get to the office. pls i beg u
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2012
davodyguy: deji pls explain something to me. im home now, browsing with my phone. my system and the flash are in the office. pls advise me on what to do by 7am tomorrow when i get to the office. pls i beg u

Given the nature of this problem, I am satisfied to support you.
The data recover is 50/50 but certain that your data will be recover
by recuva 65% sure of that. Do this for me download teamviewer remote support by
tomorrow choose for personal use non commercial and get ready
for us. email me the id and the password you're given by 10am. I will bear in mind
the time difference. it will be 9am from my country but 10am from your country so
dont worry about that. just get ready by 10am. have set my alarm to remind me. ensure you
have office installed so that your document can be open if you've have save them in that format

if pdp file i there make sure youhave acrobat reader installed etc

email dejisunday@gmail.com

Pls be on time so will i.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by davodyguy: 9:07pm On Dec 10, 2012
thank you. is teamviewer remote support on recuva?

(1) (2) (3) ... (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.