Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273683 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2012
Farouk senior: ....did as U̶̲̥̅̊ said oga.i disabled D̶̲̥̅̊ lan boot rom...nd placed it τ̅☺ boot from de HD..wt is happenin naw is dat after booting nd showing me de accer logo,I'll press enter den ..å. Dash sign appears @ de top left corner blinking... ..pls wts ♍Ɣ next step?

yeah thats normal. its basically looking toboot from the hard drive.
go to bios and look for load setup default press it and should
load the default and pres f10 save and exit should go back to media failure.
before yu replace the hard drive test it to be sure is the hard drive that need
replacing . http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2012
samplanner: kudos to u all, pls i need a help. i hav a memory stick increaser softwareto 4GB. wen ever i increased a memory card to 4GB it wil show on d computer dt d capacity of d device has been increased bt wen i insert the card into a phone it wil display the actual size nt the new size, also the capacity cannot absorb files more dan d actual size. pls help me to solve dis issue.

rephrase
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gentlepoco: 3:42pm On Dec 18, 2012
Thats what it should Be.,. There is no software tat will eventaully incraese the memory of any device.. Say 2GB to 4GB... As it shows on the system as been increas doesnt mean is increasd rather a camoflag... So plss I advice nt to b doin tat.. Cos it may spoil the memory card
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samtoptp(m): 12:20pm On Dec 19, 2012
i want to activate my pc window vista ultimate version bt it asd me to check for the product key @d back of my pc bt d product key is faded pls how can i retrieve d product key it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by innocentchuks(m): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2012
please
help my system is freezing, it will boot to window and as soon as the
processor heats up it will freeze. noting will seem to work again,but the
window will still be on. if i off it and on it back it will boot,but
sometime freeze on welcome screen.
the laptop is dell 8500 with DDR1 type of RAM with window XP OS.
who i have done
1.i upgraded the RAM from 256mb to 512mb,
2.i have remove the LAN card and power it
3.i have remove the old RAM and boot with the one.
4. i have remove most hardware and boot the system
5.i have make sure of ventilation while booting
having done all this the system seize at about 10minutes of booting,
please can someone help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bimbcy(m): 9:31pm On Dec 19, 2012
[quote author=bimbcy][/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bimbcy(m): 9:35pm On Dec 19, 2012
No enough information given...is it
charging? When you press the power
button does it even come up but not
booting into windows? Is any light on?
Any sound? If its shows any message
when you try to boot it up....[/quoteIt was
charging. Wen i pressed d power button
it doesnt come up at all tokles of booting
or making any sound. Thanks in antcpatn 4 ur response
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Hackomania(m): 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2012
innocent chuks: please
who i have done
please can someone help?

There's a possibility it is the processor itself. Have you checked the heat sink connected to the processor?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:35am On Dec 20, 2012
innocent chuks: please
who i have done
please can someone help?
Ur Location ? Lets see how we can come for support Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07082998588,08133018196 ...... U Dream It, We Fix It !
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Trustyd1(m): 6:57am On Dec 20, 2012
Pls I bought HP laptop "2nd hand" but whenever I insert any CD plate in de CD ROM de it won't booth, I want to format is because is full of virus. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by esorison(m): 11:04am On Dec 20, 2012
Goodmorning Nairalanders, please i need a windows 7 home premium product's key. I've used remove wat yet everytime i start the system it keeps telling me to activate windows. Please i need help o!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wonlasewonimi: 2:33pm On Dec 20, 2012
esorison: Goodmorning Nairalanders, please i need a windows 7 home premium product's key. I've used remove wat yet everytime i start the system it keeps telling me to activate windows. Please i need help o!

Go to a reliable technician!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2012
esorison: Goodmorning Nairalanders, please i need a windows 7 home premium product's key. I've used remove wat yet everytime i start the system it keeps telling me to activate windows. Please i need help o!
contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT Tel: 07057140885,07082998588
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2012
Trustyd1: Pls I bought HP laptop "2nd hand" but whenever I insert any CD plate in de CD ROM de it won't booth, I want to format is because is full of virus. Thanks
1stly Ur location lets see how we can help U fix it up...... Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. Tel : 07057140885,07082998588
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 5:28am On Dec 22, 2012
bimbcy: hi! I tried putting on ma computer but didnt work. I tot d battery was flat. But after charging for an hr i tried putting it on again but still didnt work. Wot is d prob? And how can i solve it? Thanks

Have you confirmed that the charger is fine?

If NO plz do, If YES then you will need to take it for repairs. It is a problem with a part of or the entire motherboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 5:30am On Dec 22, 2012
adewasco2k:
thumb up

Thanx man. Gud to know there are others who believe in d same way.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 5:46am On Dec 22, 2012
Lisamscott: Hi can I download windows 7 installation from the Internet Thanks

Yes sir, U can. But is a function on your bandwidth size. If you are using the service from any of the mobile phone providers(MTN, AIRTEL etc) then you will need to get ready to pay for another subscription in like a few hours. Am sure you would have exhausted your limit(file is almost 5GB). if you have a good radio or VSAT service with a very good bandwidth, YOU ARE A GO!!!!

OK now let's be realistic: why would U wanna download when U can easily buy or borrow the CD. You only need to pay for the SERIAL KEY to authenticate your software as GENUINE.

My advice; buy the key online from microsoft and buy the software from village(200 naira or so), better still buy the complete pack(CD + key) for just about 20k(I know someone who can give you discount)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 5:54am On Dec 22, 2012
Farouk senior: ....did as U̶̲̥̅̊ said oga.i disabled D̶̲̥̅̊ lan boot rom...nd placed it τ̅☺ boot from de HD..wt is happenin naw is dat after booting nd showing me de accer logo,I'll press enter den ..å. Dash sign appears @ de top left corner blinking... ..pls wts ♍Ɣ next step?

You PC is searching for the boot media without success. U need to replace the hard disk and reinstall the operating system.

My OGA just want you to carry out the test to be sure what exactly the problem is. Your above comment confirms that there is no boot media on your computer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 5:58am On Dec 22, 2012
try69:

Windows 7 professional

Plz provide more info on d config of your PC and what U use it for.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 6:01am On Dec 22, 2012
samplanner: kudos to u all, pls i need a help. i hav a memory stick increaser softwareto 4GB. wen ever i increased a memory card to 4GB it wil show on d computer dt d capacity of d device has been increased bt wen i insert the card into a phone it wil display the actual size nt the new size, also the capacity cannot absorb files more dan d actual size. pls help me to solve dis issue.

Let no one fool you; not app can increase the size of you disk.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 6:08am On Dec 22, 2012
samtoptp: i want to activate my pc window vista ultimate version bt it asd me to check for the product key @d back of my pc bt d product key is faded pls how can i retrieve d product key it

Hmmmm Bros this one go hard ooo. I will look it up for you sha, but what reasons do you have for using VISTA?
Vista was just a stop-gap between XP and Win7 it is really a mess that embarrassed Microsoft. I suggest you move up to 7 boss. Original ooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 6:23am On Dec 22, 2012
Trustyd1: Pls I bought HP laptop "2nd hand" but whenever I insert any CD plate in de CD ROM de it won't booth, I want to format is because is full of virus. Thanks

Can u play CD/DVD on the device normally? If NO; then replace the CD/DVD drive.

If YES; then you need to 'tell' your PC to boot from the CD/DVD drive.( Restart--press F9 for boot option--choose your CD/DVD drive--press ENTER key)

Also check that it has a restore partition, If yes:

- Restart your PC and press f11 as it boots. (This takes you to the restore mode)
- Follow the prompts.(Its pretty straight forward)

Hope this helps
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by keemax(f): 10:47am On Dec 22, 2012
Hello. Pls I noticed of recent that any download or unstall I intend to carry out, the message - the action(program to install/download) is not a valid win 32 application ia all I get. What do I do? It runs on vista.Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2012
deji2009:

Step 1
Turn on or reboot your Compaq computer.

Step 2
Press F10repeatedly while the computer boots up within the
short window of time allocated to enter BIOS. In Compaq computers built before 2006,
you will need to press F1 instead.

Step 3
Navigate the BIOS menu using your keyboard.
Your mouse will not function within BIOS.

L@@k for diagnostics hard drive test
run the test making sure your laptop
is pluuged to the mains electricity for the tes
to complete. running it on battery would interrupt it.

Should either pass or failed or with a code
I tried d step 1 by clicking F1 but it showed "1782- disk controller failure" afterwhich it showed "Non-system disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready". Pls, wat do I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2012
where can i get an external battery for my lappy?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:00pm On Dec 22, 2012
chindi:
I tried d step 1 by clicking F1 but it showed "1782- disk controller failure" afterwhich it showed "Non-system disk or disk error. Replace and strike any key when ready". Pls, wat do I do

1 more try

try f2 to get into the bios
if it cant no bother.
checkt to see
if the hard drive is detected
and check boot piority/order

if you can access the bios run the
diagnostic test, load setup default
In BIOS is smart turned on for the hard drive?
Turn it off.

probably a defective hard drive....
You need to save your data AND
replace the hard drive and reload the OS.....

Go to a computer Mechnanic
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 2:07pm On Dec 22, 2012
wolebaba:

You PC is searching for the boot media without success. U need to replace the hard disk and reinstall the operating system.

My OGA just want you to carry out the test to be sure what exactly the problem is. Your above comment confirms that there is no boot media on your computer.

@Farouk senior:

Pls make sure you go back to bios and load setup default

we made some changes and it's important to load default
before ading another hard drive

And [b]backup your data [/b]using a [b]usb hard drive enclosure [/b]and after that
reinstall windows. you need to connect the enclosure to another computer and would auto
detect your drive. read the instruction that came with the product or go to a copu tec shop
to get your data backup (if you have any)

@wolebaba pls has said it all.
we have done our 1st/2nd diags
now to the physicl bit. if you
live in abuja or lekki let me
know I may link you up with adewale
in abuja
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by keemax(f): 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2012
keemax: Hello. Pls I noticed of recent that any download or unstall I intend to carry out, the message - the action(program to install/download) is not a valid win 32 application ia all I get. What do I do? It runs on vista.Thanks.

Somebody please help. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2012
keemax:

Somebody please help. Thanks.

Laptop make and model ? e.g., toship300-20h windows vista
The error message Not a valid Win32 application usually means
the download somehow became corrupted during the download.
This caused it to download as a file type that is unrecognizable
to your computer.Most smaller anti-virus programs will classify
this file as a Type_Win32 virus, because they don't recognize
the corrupted file. This is not the case.

Please try the following:

1. Delete the corrupted file> right click the prog...icon and select delete
go back to uninstall programme in control panel and uninstall it should be alright

2. Reset the browser you are using to download e.g. explorer, chrome,firefox look for settins
and reset it unsure how to use google
3. Close the browser and restart your computer then try downloading again

download malwarebyte and scan fo viruses

adewasco posted a fix the last time relating to this the last time. wait and see
try all those first pls
4. Now redownload the prog...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by keemax(f): 8:09pm On Dec 22, 2012
@ Deji, thanks for the prompt reply. I would go through the steps and get back soonest. The system make is medion; the model I can't figure.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.