Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,299 members, 7,957,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1334061 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (1233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doziej84: 2:51am On Dec 16, 2012
pls the fan of my laptop now makes noise when on and after a while that area becomes hot and it trips off.
it has been loosed out and cleaned, yet the fan noise and instant shutting down still continues.

what could be the likely cause. should i change the fan completely? pls who has experienced such?

thanks. pls i need answers so that the shutting down does not damage my hard disk.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:54am On Dec 16, 2012
doziej84: pls the fan of my laptop now makes noise when on and after a while that area becomes hot and it trips off.
it has been loosed out and cleaned, yet the fan noise and instant shutting down still continues.

what could be the likely cause. should i change the fan completely? pls who has experienced such?

thanks. pls i need answers so that the shutting down does not damage my hard disk.

i would have recommend you clean up the vent but you did that already....the fan is not cooling the processor so the processor gets hot and the system trips off.
so just change the fan and blow up the system vent/heatsink with compressed air. and apply thermal paste on the processor if the one there is not enough.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:49am On Dec 16, 2012
purplekayc: Peeps plz what can I do to avoid my firefox 4om hanging evry single time I use it ?

Disable the Addons
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 10:56am On Dec 16, 2012
purplekayc: if u wanna retrieve info 4om a dead hard disk u can use " file scavenger" it will go through d hard disk and retrieve ur former files in it

He said "dead HD"....no app can get yo files back. However there are coy dat specializes in such endeavours.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 1:26pm On Dec 16, 2012
Is it just me peeps ? I can't seem to connect online with my airtel modem for @ least 3 days now ? Any leads
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Classicjimmy: 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2012
Hi computer genious,pls help me out.I bought my laptop frm a tokunbo guy at computer village & it came wit windows 7.Recently the screen went black and this ''This copy of windows is not genuine''was written on the down-left hand corner of the screen.
How do i fix this.
Pls kimdly direct me on wot to do to correcy dis.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by doziej84: 4:41am On Dec 17, 2012
adewasco2k:

i would have recommend you clean up the vent but you did that already....the fan is not cooling the processor so the processor gets hot and the system trips off.
so just change the fan and blow up the system vent/heatsink with compressed air. and apply thermal paste on the processor if the one there is not enough.

pls where can one get a thermal paste in Nigeria? also when you say compressed air, what are the likely sources because the only source of compressed air i can think of is the roadside tyre technician.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gentlepoco: 6:13am On Dec 17, 2012
@ Classicjimmy... U need re-insatll a new O.S, i.e Windows 7. The trial Version U use now collapsd tat Y U c d info written on d blank screen.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by gentlepoco: 6:16am On Dec 17, 2012
You can use ur normal Tooth-paste,, Close-up will do it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 17, 2012
hi, i recently unloked my etisalat modem with dc crap so as to use my mtn on it, and it worked fine for over a week. Now when i try to connect with d mtn sim it pops up a 'the connection was terminated by a remote computer b4 it could be established' message. Ive tried uninstalin and reinstalling d modem but its stil not connectin. Wats the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lisamscott: 11:52am On Dec 17, 2012
Hi I need help
So not any good with computers so I try to compress my hard drive
And the battery went flat so when I turn it back on
It say TFGHT is compressed and to press Ctrl+alt+del to restart but dos not work
It keep going back to the same screen don't care about saving anything on the computer
Just need it to work again
Pleas help thanks l
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Farouksenior: 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2012
Av gat 2 laptops..one hp nc6000 nd accer aspire 7520. 1st de nc6000 tks å long tym to load nd wen it eventually does,goes off later wen ur using it nd kips tryin to on bt offs continuosly by itself.even after I av removed it frm ac power source. Dis tryin τ̅☺ on continues til I pull de ba3. While ♍Ɣ aspire after bootin b4 reachin windows shows A BLACK BACKGROUND wit NIVIDIA MEDiA FAILURE .wit noise and stops dere.I hav to press de power bUTTON to off.pls wts de problem wit both
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 12:44pm On Dec 17, 2012
Lisamscott: Hi I need help
So not any good with computers so I try to compress my hard drive
And the battery went flat so when I turn it back on
It say TFGHT is compressed and to press Ctrl+alt+del to restart but dos not work
It keep going back to the same screen don't care about saving anything on the computer
Just need it to work again
Pleas help thanks l

1.First of all, boot from Windows 7 installation DVD
2. When you boot on Windows 7 DVD, select Repair your computer
3.Select your OS, and click on LOAD DRIVES
4.A box should now appear. Click on Yes.
5.After that, navigate back to the local drive C: , and right click on it and click on Properties and the Advanced tab.
6.UNCHECK the Compress this Drive To Save Space option.

wait for it to uncompress your drive and voila you are done
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
Help Gurus! My HP Probook 4515s mouse is malfunctioning. The left-click is working for right-click action and the mouse-pad click is also working for right-click action. I have troubleshoot for any physical hardware damage and i couldn't found one. Help please....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 7:46pm On Dec 17, 2012
samolina1: Help Gurus! My HP Probook 4515s mouse is malfunctioning. The left-click is working for right-click action and the mouse-pad click is also working for right-click action. I have troubleshoot for any physical hardware damage and i couldn't found one. Help please....
option 1
goto control panel >>> mouse >>>then under button configuration check if switch primary and secondary button is checked! if checked....uncheck it

option 2
if you have synaptic driver installed
goto control panel >>> mouse >>> then make sure right-handed is checked not left-handed
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2012
Farouk senior: Av gat 2 laptops..one hp nc6000 nd accer aspire 7520. 1st de nc6000 tks å long tym to load nd wen it eventually does,goes off later wen ur using it nd kips tryin to on bt offs continuosly by itself.even after I av removed it frm ac power source. Dis tryin τ̅☺ on continues til I pull de ba3. While ♍Ɣ aspire after bootin b4 reachin windows shows A BLACK BACKGROUND wit NIVIDIA MEDiA FAILURE .wit noise and stops dere.I hav to press de power bUTTON to off.pls wts de problem wit both

Your HP: best bet is to restore the system state to an earlier time before the whole wahala started. I suspect one of the apps you installed is corrupt. Send me a mail at woleaheeb@gmail.com and I will give you the steps.

Your ACER: hope you have a backup as the hard disk is damaged. You will need to replace the HD.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by wolebaba(m): 8:22pm On Dec 17, 2012
Classicjimmy: Hi computer genious,pls help me out.I bought my laptop frm a tokunbo guy at computer village & it came wit windows 7.Recently the screen went black and this ''This copy of windows is not genuine''was written on the down-left hand corner of the screen.
How do i fix this.
Pls kimdly direct me on wot to do to correcy dis.

CAUSE: your village guy installed an unlicensed operating system on the laptop. You went online and your computer tries to download windows update, microsoft automatically do windows genuine test and your PC failed.

SOLUTION:
1. Buy new OS(original) just about 20k.(Best bet)
2. Continue using like dat. Issue is; U can't get the latest windows update.
3. There is this app that can help U out. Can't remember the name. Issues are you have to turn off automatic updates or don't use yo PC online. (Not recommended) I don't subscribe to software piracy.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 8:24pm On Dec 17, 2012
wolebaba:

CAUSE: your village guy installed an unlicensed operating system on the laptop. You went online and your computer tries to download windows update, microsoft automatically do windows genuine test and your PC failed.

SOLUTION:
3. There is this app that can help U out. Can't remember the name. Issues are you have to turn off automatic updates or don't use yo PC online. (Not recommended) I don't subscribe to software piracy.
thumb up
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:39pm On Dec 17, 2012
doziej84:

pls where can one get a thermal paste in Nigeria? also when you say compressed air, what are the likely sources because the only source of compressed air i can think of is the roadside tyre technician.

Visit a computer repair center.
Preferably look for artic silver and a can
compress air. Please read the instructions carefully !

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2012
wolebaba:

SOLUTION:

Let's join hands together and offer
a profession advice to our people.
I'd like to see more of you.

"I don't subscribe to software piracy".

L@@k Your post was fantastic !

adewasco2k:

1.First of all, boot from Windows 7 installation DVD
2. When you boot on Windows 7 DVD, select Repair your computer
3.Select your OS, and click on LOAD DRIVES
4.A box should now appear. Click on Yes.
5.After that, navigate back to the local drive C: , and right click on it and click on Properties and the Advanced tab.
6.UNCHECK the Compress this Drive To Save Space option.

wait for it to uncompress your drive and voila you are done

Brilliant !

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2012
Farouk senior: Av gat 2 laptops..one hp nc6000 nd accer aspire 7520. 1st de nc6000 tks å long tym to load nd wen it eventually does,goes off later wen ur using it nd kips tryin to on bt offs continuosly by itself.even after I av removed it frm ac power source. Dis tryin τ̅☺ on continues til I pull de ba3. While ♍Ɣ aspire after bootin b4 reachin windows shows A BLACK BACKGROUND wit NIVIDIA MEDiA FAILURE .wit noise and stops dere.I hav to press de power bUTTON to off.pls wts de problem wit both

wolebaba:

Your HP: best bet is to restore the system state to an earlier time before the whole wahala started. I suspect one of the apps you installed is corrupt. Send me a mail at woleaheeb@gmail.com and I will give you the steps.

Your ACER: hope you have a backup as the hard disk is damaged. You will need to replace the HD.

for the acer go to the bios pressing f2 on start up
and make sure is not set to boot from the
nvidia graphics/network card make
sure your boot piority is set to hard drive
and that the hard drive is detected

In the BIOS navigate to "Integrated Peripherals
On-Chip LAN Boot Rom" and disable it.
F10 to save and exit then test

check the version of your bios and write
it down.check acer website for your laptop model to
see if there's any Bios update or a higher version

If no joy obtain a iso bootable cd and test the hard drive

[b]Last reesort
[/b]If no joy you can backup your data
consider replacing the HD as suggested
by my fellow colleague.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bimbcy(m): 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2012
hi! I tried putting on ma computer but didnt work. I tot d battery was flat. But after charging for an hr i tried putting it on again but still didnt work. Wot is d prob? And how can i solve it? Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adewasco2k(m): 10:52pm On Dec 17, 2012
bimbcy: hi! I tried putting on ma computer but didnt work. I tot d battery was flat. But after charging for an hr i tried putting it on again but still didnt work. Wot is d prob? And how can i solve it? Thanks
No enough information given...is it charging? When you press the power button does it even come up but not booting into windows? Is any light on? Any sound? If its shows any message when you try to boot it up....

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Lisamscott: 2:42am On Dec 18, 2012
Hi can I download windows 7 installation from the Internet
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bimbcy(m): 4:58am On Dec 18, 2012
[quote author=adewasco2k]
No enough information given...is it charging? When you press the power button does it even come up but not booting into windows? Is any light on? Any sound? If its shows any message when you try to boot it up....[/quoteIt was charging. Wen i pressed d power button it doesnt come up at all tokles of booting or making any sound. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by try69: 6:54am On Dec 18, 2012
I need opinions or rather help on this.
My laptop went black one day I put it ON and I had to put it OFF and ON several times before it display rightly again and I used it several days without the issue and I thought it was done only for me to put it on again after some days of non-usage and it went back to a black screen but I can hear the windows start up tone, I put if OFF and ON again severally and it came back ON with good display. My friend thinks the screen is bad or is trying to get bad.
My question is; if the screen is bad, why does it come up after a while, I thought when its bad its bad.
If it's not the screen, then what could be the possible cause cos the lapi is just a few months old.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 7:23am On Dec 18, 2012
try69: I need opinions or rather help on this.
My laptop went black one day I put it ON and I had to put it OFF and ON several times before it display rightly again and I used it several days without the issue and I thought it was done only for me to put it on again after some days of non-usage and it went back to a black screen but I can hear the windows start up tone, I put if OFF and ON again severally and it came back ON with good display. My friend thinks the screen is bad or is trying to get bad.
My question is; if the screen is bad, why does it come up after a while, I thought when its bad its bad.
If it's not the screen, then what could be the possible cause cos the lapi is just a few months old.

Sounds like a graphics driver problem!!!!

Lets start this way, what OS are u running??
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by moonraker(m): 7:29am On Dec 18, 2012
Lisamscott: Hi can I download windows 7 installation from the Internet
Thanks

Yes!!!

Here ya go. Direct from my digitalriver account.

http://174.129.85.117/data/Windows7Ultimate32bit.iso
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by try69: 9:35am On Dec 18, 2012
moonraker:

Sounds like a graphics driver problem!!!!

Lets start this way, what OS are u running??

Windows 7 professional
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Farouksenior: 11:03am On Dec 18, 2012
deji2009:

for the acer go to the bios pressing f2 on start up
and make sure is not set to boot from the
nvidia graphics/network card make
sure your boot piority is set to hard drive
and that the hard drive is detected

In the BIOS navigate to "Integrated Peripherals
On-Chip LAN Boot Rom" and disable it.
F10 to save and exit then test

check the version of your bios and write
it down.check acer website for your laptop model to
see if there's any Bios update or a higher version

If no joy obtain a iso bootable cd and test the hard drive

[b]Last reesort
[/b]If no joy you can backup your data
consider replacing the HD as suggested
by my fellow colleague.
....did as U̶̲̥̅̊ said oga.i disabled D̶̲̥̅̊ lan boot rom...nd placed it τ̅☺ boot from de HD..wt is happenin naw is dat after booting nd showing me de accer logo
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zub(m): 11:51am On Dec 18, 2012
helo guyz.goT a problem on my samsung netbook. Each time i startup,it wil run normaly 4 about 30mins,bt wenever i hibernate nd resume,it keeps popping up delete option of eiter a folder of app shortcut wen i didnt initiate it. And it does dis in multiple times. I hav scan d system wit various antivirus nd virus removal tools,yet notin has been found as d cause. Plz i nid ur help. Thankz
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samplanner(m): 12:24pm On Dec 18, 2012
kudos to u all, pls i need a help. i hav a memory stick increaser softwareto 4GB. wen ever i increased a memory card to 4GB it wil show on d computer dt d capacity of d device has been increased bt wen i insert the card into a phone it wil display the actual size nt the new size, also the capacity cannot absorb files more dan d actual size. pls help me to solve dis issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (1233) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.