Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1265883 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 5:40am On Aug 18, 2014
bigsam360: Hi guys, please I need help with my browser/system, it keeps showing me dat am in UK wenever I connect to d internet. Wen I google or visit any sites, it's d UK version dat it takes me to, I av severally refresh nd even formatted d system, boh still having same issue. Any suggestions will b appreciated.

I already Created a thread for it before realizing dis one
https://www.nairaland.com/1859055/urgent-needed-please#25504204

Have you changed your location in control panel?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by MARKone(m): 8:10am On Aug 18, 2014
DrHesjay: thanks..
pls how do I go abt the recovery software n stuff..

There are lots of recovery software out there, but if you can lay your hands on File scavenger it will do you a whole lot of good, it is lite, less complicated and does the job well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2014
yeuch:
It was booting and my little sis wanted to shut it down and used the ON button and it hanged I had to remove the battery so it would off and since then normal
booting has been a problem

anything on the screen?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigsam360(m): 10:51am On Aug 18, 2014
MARKone:

Reformatting would have solved the problem, since it didn't, have you tried other browsers.
Yes, i have, all r same.. Telling me I'm in UK..
Please wat can I do?!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigsam360(m): 10:52am On Aug 18, 2014
LordReed:

Have you changed your location in control panel?

No, I haven't.. How do I go about it please?!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by oyasbobo: 11:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Hi guys help when ever I start my HP p4 system it shows me the ram loading and when I use the Esc button it show another side that the timer on ur pc is not correct when I set and save and press F1 it starts. But once I shut down and reboot it does thesame thing and when I install a software and reboot it disappears I don't see it on the system pls what can I do to repair this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LordReed(m): 11:57am On Aug 18, 2014
bigsam360:

No, I haven't.. How do I go about it please?!

To change the country or region setting
1. Open Region and Language by
clicking the Start button , clicking
Control Panel , clicking Clock, Language,
and Region , and then clicking Region
and Language .
2. Click the Location tab, select your
location from the list, and then click
OK .

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 12:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
[quote author=bigsam360][/quote]

Go to control panel and click on the Region Icon, then go to the location tab and change the home location setting to the country of your choice (Most people have it set at USA). Then apply and try surfing the web again.

Let me know if it works

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by junikki(f): 12:29pm On Aug 18, 2014
Yeah! It's still on!!!. I know you have voted thanks for voting!! But please let your friends know so they vote for me as most beautiful student in nigeria by liking the picture in the link
NWANUGO OBIANUJU NICOLE click below to vote https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=659559047459225&id=100002154073256&set=o.577725372313390&source=46&refid=17 tnxx show some love pls and rebc to your contacts thanks!

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigsam360(m): 12:38pm On Aug 18, 2014
LordReed:

To change the country or region setting
1. Open Region and Language by
clicking the Start button , clicking
Control Panel , clicking Clock, Language,
and Region , and then clicking Region
and Language .
2. Click the Location tab, select your
location from the list, and then click
OK .

wow Bossss. Thanks alot!! You can't imagine how happy i am now. IT WORKS PERFECTLY, now back to Nigeria.. AM really grateful!! Thank you sir
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bigsam360(m): 12:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
Oxone:

Go to control panel and click on the Region Icon, then go to the location tab and change the home location setting to the country of your choice (Most people have it set at USA). Then apply and try surfing the web again.

Let me know if it works

It Works perfectly!!!! The location was in United Kingdom, so i changed it to Nigeria. Thank you BIG.. Thinking i actually had to delete my pre install win8 nd loss all my apps. Mhen, Its gud to ask qstns oo, wld have save me al the wahala i went tru in d wikend.

Once again NL has proven useful to me. THANKS YOU SIR
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 1:48pm On Aug 18, 2014
bigsam360:

It Works perfectly!!!! The location was in United Kingdom, so i changed it to Nigeria. Thank you BIG.. Thinking i actually had to delete my pre install win8 nd loss all my apps. Mhen, Its gud to ask qstns oo, wld have save me al the wahala i went tru in d wikend.

Once again NL has proven useful to me. THANKS YOU SIR

You're welcome man, glad i could be of help wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omodave(m): 2:19pm On Aug 18, 2014
Pls help, my system is writing operation system not found, wat shud I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
omodave: Pls help, my system is writing operation system not found, wat shud I do

You need to reload your system and if it does not see the hard disk.... hard disk need replacement.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by 88natzy(m): 3:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
Esteemed computer Gurus, i greet you all?
Please my laptop has suddenly developed a problem. It stopped working while I was using it. I have being to several computer technicians and all they do is guess n lose. I urgently need a lasting solution to this as I have almost ran outta patient for the reviving and repair of this HP box! Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 5:39pm On Aug 18, 2014
TUNEX89: Pls guru in the house help o! My laptop is behaving funny. The cursor always hook and it won't move again untill i turn it off. What could be the problem?
so nobody can respond to this ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
TUNEX89: so nobody can respond to this ?

Ur system is having hardware issues, 1stly test run ur charger on a different laptop & see if it works well 2ndly where do u stay? lets see how we can help u out
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 6:59pm On Aug 18, 2014
adetwin:

Ur system is having hardware issues, 1stly test run ur charger on a different laptop & see if it works well 2ndly where do u stay? lets see how we can help u out
Thanks i stay in jos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pius4tina: 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2014
Thank you for this ample info
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Raphael007(m): 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2014
plz gurus in the house please can you tell me how and the process i can use to download a free US ip plz very urgent
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by TUNEX89(m): 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
TUNEX89: Thanks i stay in jos.
the cursor is now moving and some keys have stop working. Key like enter, backspace, tab, spacebar and others only the letter keys are working. Pls say something on this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Pls gurus in the house help me out,my pavilion entertainment notebook, refuse 2 show anything on the screen,i took it to a technician and he said there is nothing he can do about it,pls what should i do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
TUNEX89: the cursor is now moving and some keys have stop working. Key like enter, backspace, tab, spacebar and others only the letter keys are working. Pls say something on this.

we will say d keyboard is bad, bt its just d distance it would av been better if our technician can come
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2014
Sunehri145: Pls gurus in the house help me out,my pavilion entertainment notebook, refuse 2 show anything on the screen,i took it to a technician and he said there is nothing he can do about it,pls what should i do

How to perform an ATX reset:

1.Disconnect the power from your computer.

2.If possible remove the battery and external devices.

3.Hold the power button for about 15 seconds

4.Put the battery back in the computer

5.Reconnect the power

6.Press the power button to turn on your computer

If this does not solve the power issue it may be the hardware its self which is faulty and will need repairing or replacing.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2014

Google on how to get into safe mode,
then test the mouse. if it works in safe mode, then it
is a windows problem. At the same use google to
research on how to get to device manager and check mice and
other pointing device for any exclamation mark. what is the make and model
of the laptop. windows vista or windows 7
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by economia: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2014
my mini laptop unable to boot, it writes: a disk read error occured. Pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
@deji2009,thanks bro,i was told today that the panel is dead,so am mourning my dear system
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by xxgig(m): 8:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
adetwin:

that means there is an unwanted program on ur system, ok go to start type run in the search column then type msconfig & hit ur enter key after that a dialog box will come up locate the startup what u do now under d startup column uncheck d unwanted startup programs after that apply & restart ur system to confirm if it still comes up... Note: If You Can't Please Lets Know

Thanks for your prompt response, I have unchecked virtually all the startup program but it keeps coming, i fail to mention this before, it comes up everry 1-2 minutes for as long as the system in use.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Onyiclara(f): 8:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
deji2009:

How to perform an ATX reset:

1.Disconnect the power from your computer.

2.If possible remove the battery and external devices.

3.Hold the power button for about 15 seconds

4.Put the battery back in the computer

5.Reconnect the power

6.Press the power button to turn on your computer

If this does not solve the power issue it may be the hardware its self which is faulty and will need repairing or replacing.
U'r a genius! I just did this on my laptop that has been blank for like 1week n it's back to normal. Can't thank u enough, kiss bt another thing is that d ba3 stops charging at 60%,though it's good n it lasts. What might be d cause of that?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tvcatchup: 10:58pm On Aug 19, 2014
laptop led light on but no display wat do u think the problem might be? pls help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emeka71(m): 11:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
1. My laptop battery meter doesnt ever read 100% highest it reads is 99%
2. I use internet explorer that came with windows 7 and most times is too slow and hangs whenever I browse web
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by yeuch: 7:14am On Aug 20, 2014
deji2009:

anything on the screen?

ya but it was trying to repair something on the memory which seemed to be unending

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.