Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:31 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (426) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263499 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by dober(m): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2014
MARKone:

PCMCIA is an Add-on card for laptops, and from what you've described you'll not be needing it.

What OS are you running sef.

Where you able to PING Internet gateway.

You said you did a system restore, did you do a factory reset.

Try to describe your Equipment and the network structure you have, might just be a minor problem.
Please my people, this problem still persists, even after downgrading to windows 7 cos i thought it was my win 8.1 that was causing it. I am still unable to connect to the internet.
But i noticed it works when i visit the public cafes, but shows ''no internet access'' on my working place LAN
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:39pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mellorix:

I think your battery capacity is dying or dead. It is somewhat clear that it is a battery issue. except you have any more information to provide us.
thanks a million... I was wondering n thinking itx d mainboard... But as requested... The system makes a continous beep when boothing unless u press enter key
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by bunmioguns(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2014
good evening sir, please my laptop
HP 635 with Windows 7 could not sleep or hibernate, whenever I click on the sleep or hibernate option, it will automatically start up back..
please I need your help on this as this thing is really draining my battery like anything
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2014
Mellorix:

There are several thing that could cause this problem. First you need to think about few questions.
1.Did you install any application recently?
2.Did you install any Hardware recently ? (printer, Memory card,harddrive etc)?
3.Did you uninstall any application?

Now few things you can try

Start your computer in Safe mood and see if it comes up. To start your computer in safe mode - Click the F8 button continuously when your system is booting up. You will be prompted with the message in the below image. Now click Safe me. Post back your findings.
. I did Wht you said, I start-up in safe mood and it shows window loading files, after sometime I enter my password. it bring back d welcome sign. and continue booting without showing anytin apart of d welcome sign and windows7 professional. I continue click the f8 button... after 20minte it show Microsoft(R) (build7601:service pack 1) and d four corner of d screen is showing safe mode. Wht should I do now pls?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:23pm On Sep 14, 2014
bunmioguns: good evening sir, please my laptop
HP 635 with Windows 7 could not sleep or hibernate, whenever I click on the sleep or hibernate option, it will automatically start up back..
please I need your help on this as this thing is really draining my battery like anything

Google hp battery test and download it, then test your battery with it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
stevekeri: . I did Wht you said, I start-up in safe mood and it shows window loading files, after sometime I enter my password. it bring back d welcome sign. and continue booting without showing anytin apart of d welcome sign and windows7 professional. I continue click the f8 button... after 20minte it show Microsoft(R) window(R) (build7601:service pack 1) and d four corner of d screen is showing safe mode. Wht should I do now pls?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 15, 2014
HELLO house, i got a free dos hp laptop and i'm finding it difficult to install windows 8 on it. I actually got a bootable CD alongside but it has refused to load. is there something i am not getting right?
I'll appreciate your comments
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sugarcoatted(f): 1:32am On Sep 15, 2014
Hi, my laptop writes 'plugged in, not charging' when i plug it. N it wuldn't charge. What could be the problem?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by purplekayc(m): 9:08am On Sep 15, 2014
sugarcoatted: Hi, my laptop writes 'plugged in, not charging' when i plug it. N it wuldn't charge. What could be the problem?
your battery might be faulty.Get another one
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2014
Mellorix:

There are several thing that could cause this problem. First you need to think about few questions.
1.Did you install any application recently?
2.Did you install any Hardware recently ? (printer, Memory card,harddrive etc)?
3.Did you uninstall any application?

Now few things you can try

Start your computer in Safe mood and see if it comes up. To start your computer in safe mode - Click the F8 button continuously when your system is booting up. You will be prompted with the message in the below image. Now click Safe me. Post back your findings.
I did Wht you said, I start-up in
safe mood and it shows window loading files,
after sometime I enter my password. it bring
back d welcome sign. and continue booting
without showing anytin apart of d welcome
sign and windows7 professional. I continue
click the f8 button... after 20minte it show
Microsoft(R) window(R) (build7601:service
pack 1) and d four corner of d screen is
showing safe mode. Wht should I do now
pls?.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2014
twoondei: HELLO house, i got a free dos hp laptop and i'm finding it difficult to install windows 8 on it. I actually got a bootable CD alongside but it has refused to load. is there something i am not getting right?
I'll appreciate your comments

The Windows 8 DVD you have is NOT bootable. please get another bootable windows 8 DVD. (And when you say it refused to Load, what do you mean? ) You put the dvd into your slot and change the boot options to start from CD ?

also please check your boot options in your bios. (Let me know if you can do that )

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 12:14pm On Sep 15, 2014
stevekeri: I did Wht you said, I start-up in
safe mood and it shows window loading files,
after sometime I enter my password. it bring
back d welcome sign. and continue booting
without showing anytin apart of d welcome
sign and windows7 professional. I continue
click the f8 button... after 20minte it show
Microsoft(R) window(R) (build7601:service
pack 1) and d four corner of d screen is
showing safe mode. Wht should I do now
pls?.

Where you able to get through to your desktop? i mean did you see files and folders you have on your desktop when you did a safe boot?

Safe boot will take a little time to load up . so Start in safe mode and leave the pc for few minutes to see if it comes up.

If it doesn't. Then there is something called "system file checker" . You would have to perform on the Laptop. Let me know your progress and i will post how to perfom sfc.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
sugarcoatted: Hi, my laptop writes 'plugged in, not charging' when i plug it. N it wuldn't charge. What could be the problem?

Dead battery or about to die battery.

Try to calibrate your battery. what model of laptop are you using?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2014
Mellorix:

Where you able to get through to your desktop? i mean did you see files and folders you have on your desktop when you did a safe boot?

Safe boot will take a little time to load up . so Start in safe mode and leave the pc for few minutes to see if it comes up.

If it doesn't. Then there is something called "system file checker" . You would have to perform on the Laptop. Let me know your progress and i will post how to perfom sfc.
I didnt see any of my files and folder in d desktop, I start wit d safe mode, it took little time as you said, but it didnt come up. pls Wht will I do now?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adecasper: 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hi, I just reinstalled my desktop and now the ethernet, audio etc is not working. Please what software should I download.
Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Oxone(m): 5:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
adecasper: Hi, I just reinstalled my desktop and now the ethernet, audio etc is not working. Please what software should I download.
Thanks

Probably drivers issue........Get the motherboard CD and install the drivers

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 5:06pm On Sep 15, 2014
adecasper: Hi, I just reinstalled my desktop and now the ethernet, audio etc is not working. Please what software should I download.
Thanks

What is the model of your desktop ?

Please google "Ethernet device driver for Hp" or your model of your desktop.

And also "audio device driver ".
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adecasper: 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
It's a clone so I can't really say what brand it is.....

I have downloaded realtek and intel ethernet but still nothing.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by peleson: 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
Pls Nlders, I travelled n came back after 4wks to see my computer issues. I can't use my password without using caps, I can't use (, . ) it ll rather show (> < )If I type normally, it shows capital letters n if I put it on Caps n type,it shows small letters. Pls what is d problem n d possible solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 6:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
peleson: Pls Nlders, I travelled n came back after 4wks to see my computer issues. I can't use my password without using caps, I can't use (, . ) it ll rather show (> < )If I type normally, it shows capital letters n if I put it on Caps n type,it shows small letters. Pls what is d problem n d possible solution?

CAPS does not have anything do with letter toggling, rather it is just for Upper case and Lower case.

Do you mean "SHIFT" key? please let me know.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 6:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
adecasper: It's a clone so I can't really say what brand it is.....

I have downloaded realtek and intel ethernet but still nothing.

Thanks

You need to check the make of your hardware using Device manager. Please let me know if you know how or i post a "how to guide for you ".
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sugarcoatted(f): 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Mellorix:

Dead battery or about to die battery.

Try to calibrate your battery. what model of laptop are you using?
What do u mean by i should calibrate the battery? I use a compaq presario cq62
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by stevekeri(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2014
Mellorix:

good evening, pls I did as you said, I really need your help pls help me out. d system is not still working well... it didn't com up after I did Wht you ask me 2 do. pls Hw can I do d system file checker.... pls help me. thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
sugarcoatted:
What do u mean by i should calibrate the battery? I use a compaq presario cq62

Calibrating, also known as "conditioning the battery" requires you to fully charge then drain the battery. This ensures all battery cells are working and get routinely used. Calibrating the battery can extend the life of the battery. please see below for procedure.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7151470_calibrate-compaq-presario-r4000-laptop.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
stevekeri: good evening, pls I did as you said, I really need your help pls help me out. d system is not still working well... it didn't com up after I did Wht you ask me 2 do. pls Hw can I do d system file checker.... pls help me. thanks.

please follow the procedure below

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/139810-sfc-scannow-run-command-prompt-boot.html

if it doesn't still work then you might have to restore to a previous date. (hope system restore is enabled on your system.

let me know if you need further help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seunny4lif(m): 10:16pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hibiscuss:

I stay in ak, can u help fix my system?
Am akure base,u can call this number 08061660759 Oluwaseun
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sugarcoatted(f): 12:55am On Sep 16, 2014
Mellorix:

Calibrating, also known as "conditioning the battery" requires you to fully charge then drain the battery. This ensures all battery cells are working and get routinely used. Calibrating the battery can extend the life of the battery. please see below for procedure.

http://www.ehow.com/how_7151470_calibrate-compaq-presario-r4000-laptop.html

I'v read the procedure and it says i should charge it till it gets filled up. But the problem is, it wouldnt charge. It remains at 0%
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tomtyte02(m): 4:27am On Sep 16, 2014
I bought a hp15 pavilion with AMD processor three days ago and it just started displaying a blank screen when working. the cursor would still appear and move but nothing else is displayed or working. please what's the problem and what should I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Mellorix: 4:32am On Sep 16, 2014
sugarcoatted:
I'v read the procedure and it says i should charge it till it gets filled up. But the problem is, it wouldnt charge. It remains at 0%

If you remove the power source from the laptop will the laptop still remain on? Or will it go off! ,

If it goes off then you probably need a new battery . Your battery is dead and calibration can not help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sugarcoatted(f): 6:17am On Sep 16, 2014
Mellorix:

If you remove the power source from the laptop will the laptop still remain on? Or will it go off! ,

If it goes off then you probably need a new battery . Your battery is dead and calibration can not help.
Yes it goes off once unpluged. Tnx a lot 4 ur help. Do you know how much a new battery would cost? Btw, d battery was changed early ds year
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kolomax(m): 6:22am On Sep 16, 2014
Please I need your help.....@times if I on my laptop hp 625 the screen ll start shaking any solution to it please and also the speaker is not loud have try every means to make it loud but not succesful with it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 8:11am On Sep 16, 2014
stevekeri: good evening, pls I did as you said, I really need your help pls help me out. d system is not still working well... it didn't com up after I did Wht you ask me 2 do. pls Hw can I do d system file checker.... pls help me. thanks.

good day check our signature or 07082998588

(1) (2) (3) ... (423) (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) ... (1222) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.